• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Keits

Developer
FChamp said on stream as well that Dante is the best character in the game. But I came to that conclusion before him though so don't accuse me of X copying FChamp!

Well Keits played him well in a tournament but that's not why I have him in there.

He has mobility as a grappler, his combos are good, he has armor on his charged Might Strikes, lvl1 command grab hyper is good and just general utility stuff like the Hammer throw or that spark move which seems to be pretty goo defensively and in combos.

He might be worse than Nemesis/Haggar but like we haven't seen enough of Thor to say that for sure. He definitely seems improved from his Marvel 3 self and big bodies seems to be doing pretty well in this game in general. I'm not playing Thor because I'm a Thor fan. I'm doing it because I think he is super super silly.

Maybe Keits can elaborate more since he plays Thor.

Thor is not a grappler. He is a magneto function with a very, very, very scary vortex. Keep sleeping on Thor, world, I'll enjoy blindsiding people with this obviously A+ character for as long as it takes.

Neonep

Earlier today somebody was using the time stone to set up their combos and I greeted them with a reality stone and tag. Absolutely blew them up and got the trophy for winning a match without blocking.

Anth0ny

3xqvruoptnyccnkvquoz_o5sgf.gif

These BTS vids are hilarious.

The new Marvel themes certainly don't fit the "personality" of anything. All of them sound generic except for a select few.

Dahbomb

"More cinematic" is the reason why this game is the way it is.

"We wanted the game to look more cinematic so we used this new artstyle."

"We wanted the game to look more cinematic so we used this UI."

"We wanted the game to sound more cinematic so we used new themes."

"We wanted the game to look more cinematic so we picked these particular characters."

decisions

BTS videos are amazing. Can we get a CrowbCat video with the sound from them?

Also when does the hype MvCI Remastered start because this game is too damn fun to be this dead and memeworthy.

JayEH

BTS videos are amazing. Can we get a CrowbCat video with the sound from them?

Also when does the hype MvCI Remastered start because this game is too damn fun to be this dead and memeworthy.

there's barely any official videos/interviews on the game to do a CrowbCat video LOL. Most of their fuck ups have been in text or just their actions. Game still hasn't gotten a digital foundry article either...this really isn't getting anyone's attention.

patchday

Made sure to do that too... I got nobody on Beginner's League.

Weird according to steamcharts it shows like almost 900 players right now. But i guess its including people playing locally with their friends and Arcade mode ;(

SonicFox is pretty ridiculous right now but both FChamp and Apologyman have washed him. Granted it was online but he still has some ways to go.

Yeah but we can probably all find online matches of Sonic fox losing to some random guy online. But then he goes to local tournaments and sweeps them. I think he only lost like 1 match altogether at IJ2 finals. some of these same guys beat him online and yet they got swept locally with no effort. blame lag?

FerroN91

Neo Member
Thor is not a grappler. He is a magneto function with a very, very, very scary vortex. Keep sleeping on Thor, world, I'll enjoy blindsiding people with this obviously A+ character for as long as it takes.

As someone who experienced your Dante/Thor online I can vouch for how dirty his mixups are.

Forward

"More cinematic" is the reason why this game is the way it is.

"We wanted the game to look more cinematic so we used this new artstyle."

"We wanted the game to look more cinematic so we used this UI."

"We wanted the game to sound more cinematic so we used new themes."

"We wanted the game to look more cinematic so we picked these particular characters."

All of this could have been averted if only Cacpcom had used the dictionary!

'Dat Merriam Webster mix up too stronk.

nded

Was messing around with the ini files and found a way to enable per object motion blur for that Marvel Cinematic look.

r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=1
r.MotionBlurQuality=4
r.MotionBlurSoftEdgeSize=3

Stick that under [SystemSettings] in your Engine.ini and lower numbers as needed for performance. Here's someone else's replay because I am terrible at this game. Fairly subtle in motion, but it'll really fuck up your screenshots.

RedSnake

Holy shit this is WAY diferent than UMVC3.

Bought a fightstick and MOST of the stuff is easier to do than with a controller, but getting used to the game itself is going to take me a while.

Jawmuncher

I love how everyone playing Thor legit is using his battle costume.
It really should've been his defualt. That old school thor with the dumb helmet is whack

JayEH

I love how everyone playing Thor legit is using his battle costume.
It really should've been his defualt. That old school thor with the dumb helmet is whack

That costume is a bit too risque to be a default in Marvel's Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite.

Top Bottom