• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this game just almost went to a timeout, 2 seconds left... EU pls... pls.

edit: lol Richard is choking hard ;_; not like this...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that was scary for Richrd, but he won 3-2, he advances to semis

Rhaknar

this Allioune guy you guys talked about is cruising (as expected?)

Rhaknar

Allioune vs Richard Nguyen Winners Semis

Rhaknar

Think that's winners final.

oh the bracket calls it semis, but there is no grand final there so I guess youre right

edit: Allioune be like

tenor.gif

lol perfect on the last game. Allioune pls ;_;

JayEH

So Milan gets the Soul Stone? Is there going to be in any push back in the community since this is only a 8 man tournament?

Rhaknar

So Milan gets the Soul Stone? Is there going to be in any push back in the community since this is only a 8 man tournament?

13 man. And like, the asian tournament probably wont be too different right?

speaking of the stones, we know the previous Marvel 3 Evo champs are all invited to the december finals, but do we even know if Viscant for example is even playing Infinite?

Rhaknar

lets see if Allioune will be as free in grand finals as he was in winners finals ;_;

JayEH

13 man. And like, the asian tournament probably wont be too different right?

speaking of the stones, we know the previous Marvel 3 Evo champs are all invited to the december finals, but do we even know if Viscant for example is even playing Infinite?

Oh I thought it ended up at 8. I hope the asian tournament isn't that empty...I guess a lot of the guys who would make a lot of noise about this (Fchamp, Justin, etc) are already qualified so maybe there won't be any outcry.

Rhaknar

and Richard Nguyen has the Soul Stone

so the Capcom Cup BftS lineup so far is:

Past Marvel Champions:

Fchamp
Justin Wong
Viscant
KBR
RyanLV
ChrisG
Flocker

Infinity Stone Holders:

Sacktap
Richar Nguyen

Phloxy

Quick question. I bought the Spider-Man movie on PSN yesterday because it says it includes the Spider-Man premium costume but I got the movie and haven't seen the costume anywhere. Am I missing something?

These stones are turning out to be some serious bullshit that's really gonna piss off the people who don't have them at the start of the tournament.

I love it.

Weiss

Banned
Soooooooo... What are the odds of an Ultimate MvCI? Given the game's tepid launch and Capcom's investment in it, could a rebranding with more characters, content, and a better UI fix things?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Soooooooo... What are the odds of an Ultimate MvCI? Given the game's tepid launch and Capcom's investment in it, could a rebranding with more characters, content, and a better UI fix things?
It might work for an MvC:I, but I'd say the likelihood is low and just expect more attractive digital deluxe versions with season passes etc. included within.

VariantX

That was going to happen no matter what. GOTY/Compilation editions are a common thing to do to get a second wave of buyers. Infinitely more successful games do this after all. The launch reception just sped up that timetable though.

Anth0ny

I think they'll at least give it a try. Xmen front and centre on the cover. New UI, maybe a slight graphical update (think Chuns old face to new face)

Original owners would be able to download this all through a patch, of course.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

It's likely the supports would get dropped or canned. I would be happy if they keep pushing their supports and slowly expands the install base like BattleBorn.

Uncanny Marvel vs Capcom Infinite with a lot of new contents and fix might change people's minds

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think they'll at least give it a try. Xmen front and centre on the cover. New UI, maybe a slight graphical update (think Chuns old face to new face)

Yup, that was/is the rumor for SSFV. It's free update for owners

JayEH

I'll say 1%. Anything could happen but they weren't willing to put money the first time what makes you think they'll try again?

Not expecting this, but damn this would be perfect.

patchday

(Newbie troubles)

Stayed in training room last night working on the Air Combo thing where you HP, Dash, HP, Fly -> proceed to own. Think I spent like 2-3 hrs. Still really rough though ;(

The more I learn- the more I realize how many things I didnt know last week at least lol

That's their only recourse in my mind to save the series. Get X-men in there asap next year. The gameplay is amazing and this game will deserve the hit the shelves again in 9 months. Yes people will whine an Ultimate edition is out so soon and early adopters will get screwed as always

Cause at this rate when DBZF drops I'll probably head that direction. It's looks like more of a 'full package' to my eyes with the advantage of starting over from a clean slate (so won't be full of years of unexplained mechanics). But who knows I'll probably get bodied hard and keep playing this game cause I currently really enjoy playing this game

Skilletor

If this game bombed as bad as people think, I really don't understand why people would expect capcom to spend even more money on it.

Rhaknar

If this game bombed as bad as people think, I really don't understand why people would expect capcom to spend even more money on it.

Or Marvel which everyone seems to forget when they talk about such a scenario.

There is some outstanding denial going in with this game.

Skilletor

To recoup?

See: SFV.

SF5 didn't flop. Underperformed, yes. But there's really no comparison to how SF5 performed and how MvCI has (based on what we know).

The sales say this is a product people don't want. There's no point spending more money on another iteration.

SF5 didn't flop. Underperformed, yes. But there's really no comparison to how SF5 performed and how MvCI has (based on what we know).
Because the cost of getting the game out is a lot, so if you already have a base game out with dlc for popular characters, might as well put some out there for a couple seasons to either recoup costs or to see how profitable it is. Game could also have legs or recover too, we don't really know.

Neoxon

To be honest, the only reason why I'm even remotely hopeful for more DLC past Season 1 is because of the lop-sided Marvel side.

And honestly, even MvCI at the CPT next year is kinda put into question now. Yeah, there was that esports pitch that leaked, but said video didn't mention Battle for the Stones.

Ryce

To be honest, the only reason why I'm even remotely hopeful for more DLC past Season 1 is because of the lop-sided Marvel side.
Considering how sloppy every other aspect of the game is, I doubt this even registers as a concern for Capcom.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
if they do end up trying to 'fix stuff' post-release they will most likely do so with the budget already allocated to post-release support, which they might not have the pipeline to even attempt if we take how SF5 has been handled as precedent. It seems exceedingly unlikely that this project gets any more funding in the future tho

HardRojo

Tbh I blame Marvel more than Capcom in this scenario, they have the money and expertise for marketing and proper development of the game, as well as control over several different IPs. It would be in their best interests for a game that showcases their MCU characters to do well, right? They should've gone all in to make sure this was a great product all-around. Plus, the FOX ban is over, right? They could have played with that a little too for future content. The game could've been delayed for a few months too if necessary.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Or Marvel which everyone seems to forget when they talk about such a scenario.

There is some outstanding denial going in with this game.

No kidding. I can't really see any future supports after season 2. Heck they could halt Season 2 development if they wanted to.

To recoup?

See: SFV.

Marvel License? It's costly. Also SFV is 100% owned by Capcom make it easier to continue the supports. Also did SFV sold way better than MVCI in their first month in non-NA regions?

JayEH

4 marvel and 2 capcom newcomers in base roster and same for character pass. Wonder if that's intentional now haha.

Tbh I blame Marvel more than Capcom in this scenario, they have the money and expertise for marketing and proper development of the game, as well as control over several different IPs. It would be in their best interests for a game that showcases their MCU characters to do well, right? They should've gone all in to make sure this was a great product all-around. Plus, the FOX ban is over, right? They could have played with that a little too for future content. The game could've been delayed for a few months too if necessary.

Marvel can only be blamed for the art style, the lack of x men, and the music changes.

Marvel didn't make the models look like shit. Marvel didn't make a shit capcom roster. Marvel didn't botch the marketing at every chance they had. Marvel didn't even say that nobody remembers the x men or that magneto is just a function. That was all capcpom.

MrMephistoX

The sales say this is a product people don't want. There's no point spending more money on another iteration.

No point in spending money on Ultimate but Capcom has said from the beginning this is the launch of games as a service. I think if they release an Xmen DLC pack and it flops then it’s time to worry. People would want the game if the marketing and PR hadn’t been so bad: really shot themselves in the foot with the demo.

That said I think as a goodwill gesture they should do Wolverine free as a promotion then release the rest of the X-men at full price.

Skilletor

No point in spending money on Ultimate but Capcom has said from the beginning this is the launch of games as a service. I think if they release an Xmen DLC pack and it flops then it’s time to worry. People would want the game if the marketing and PR hadn’t been so bad: really shot themselves in the foot with the demo.

That said I think as a goodwill gesture they should do Wolverine free as a promotion then release the rest of the X-men at full price.

EH...sales this bad, I disagree.

My favorite Capcom fighter since cvs2 for sure, but I don't see this game getting support past 2018. Games as service requires people around for the service part.

Top Bottom