• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Coda

img_1458sblta.png

Honestly I need to play the Dino Crisis games again, it's been a while. Which is considered the best? 2? Regina would def make a cool edition to the game even if you're not familiar with the series. Give me Gene and Regina and hell I'd play that team all day.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Honestly I need to play the Dino Crisis games again, it's been a while. Which is considered the best? 2? Regina would def make a cool edition to the game even if you're not familiar with the series. Give me Gene and Regina and hell I'd play that team all day.

Just play first two games. That's all you need to do.

Sesha

I love Dino Crisis. I used to be obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid and I played DC2 to death. I rank the Giganotosaurus up there with Nemesis and Vergil in terms of memorable Capcom villains. The ending bummed me out majorly as a kid.

Regina, baby, come back to us.

Just curious, actually? Cause I own an OG Xbox, I never played that one.

No. It would be DMC2-tier if it hadn't been more or less playable.

Khezu

DC2 was an awesome game, but that doesn't really mean I want Regina in Marvel.

Id rather have a random Dino then her.

Symboite Raptor, two birds with one infinity stone.

Coda

k1I6Y5h.jpg

1 & 2 is all you need. Like Dahbomb said 1 for survival horror and 2 for action. They’re both pretty standalone too if you didn’t wanna play both.

Cool, maybe I'll try and play 2 sometime 'cause I'm more into action. But I have some memories playing 1 in the dark and I remember it being a nice addition to Capcom's survival horror games.

I played Haunting Ground about a year ago and that game was something else. Fiona would be another really obscure character that would be cool in the game, all the moves you could do with her dog Hewie would fill that dog partner function in the game.

Dahbomb

Top 8 MVCI for TFC going to start in like half an hour if its on time.

After that finishes, we will have top 8 NWM MVCI.

Coda

regina-dino-crisis-2-0.12.jpg

Found this pic of Regina, if someone posted this photo and said she was leaked in MVCI I would believe them haha.

Vanish

Quick question. I bought the Spider-Man movie on PSN yesterday because it says it includes the Spider-Man premium costume but I got the movie and haven't seen the costume anywhere. Am I missing something?

I preordered it on xbox and they sent me a code for the costume the same day the movie came out. Maybe you'll get a code soon?

Pompadour

I seriously doubt that this game has even more than half the budget of SFV, story mode included. If this game does half of SFV, then it might actually be safe.

I agree if we're not counting Marvel's licensing fees/however revenue is divided up between Capcom and Marvel. Including that I'm not so sure.

Neoxon

So, any guesses for who will take the top spot of NeoGAF's poll in each category (Marvel Veteran, Marvel Newcomer, Capcom Veteran, & Capcom Newcomer)?

trutrutru

Any idea why an infinity storm wouldn't activate even if the bar is full? I use the soul stone. Far too many times I try to activate it and it won't come out. Even if I assign it to just one button. What gives?

JayEH

So, any guesses for who will take the top spot of NeoGAF's poll in each category (Marvel Veteran, Marvel Newcomer, Capcom Veteran, & Capcom Newcomer)?

Capcom new: Gene
Capcom vet: ammy
Marvel new: ? Wasn't paying enough attention
Marvel vet: Magneto

Dahbomb

Any idea why an infinity storm wouldn't activate even if the bar is full? I use the soul stone. Far too many times I try to activate it and it won't come out. Even if I assign it to just one button. What gives?
Do they have their storm active during that time? You can't activate your Storm when they have their Storm active.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seeing a lot of Twitter talk about the Spidey infinite.

I've had the same problem, granted I don't have it set to one button. I just thought i may have been fucking up my inputs. Cost me a match
Seeing a lot of Twitter talk about the Spidey infinite.

As there should be. I just hope some of the other issues in the game don't get swept under the rug just to prop up this infinite.
I still haven't seen this infinite, can I get a link. Tried YouTube but having trouble finding it.

REALITY STONE IS FINE
SPIDER-MAN IS FINE
gosh you guys let the meta settle

that shit gotta go too. I hope they can fix it without ruining HP Web ball because it's really dope in mvci.

Sàmban

Banned
Been playing this for a few days now and I just really don't like this game compared to UMVC3. My biggest problem with this game is that it feels random and illogical. UMVC3 had a certain "logic" to the way it played that is just missing here. In UMVC3 you had LMH. You had a special button for launches. You had special moves that could OTG. Hitstun was predictable. Not so here.

For example, if you do a combo with Dante and do that same combo with Dante in DT, the combo may "randomly" drop because it seems like hitstun is in some way based on damage dealt now.

OTGs don't "make sense" to me and it's actually pretty hard to tell an OTG vs a groundbounce since they both pretty much function the same in the corner. Not that it makes any difference, but why have an OTG vs groundbounce if you can just pop them up with crouching lp/lk? Some moves that look like they should OTG don't, and some that have no business OTGing do.

You take chip damage when chicken blocking but you don't take chip if you block normally. Like wtf? That just seems like an artificial way to discourage chicken blocking and there is no logic to it from the game's perspective. Like, they're both blocks. You're literally doing the same thing, just one of them is in the air. One just happens to deal chip because Capcom said so. Plus, it's super easy to lock people down in this game and they already added extra frames when trying to jump. The chip thing just makes no sense.

It seems like there is no reason to do stylish combos in this game as everything seems to cap out at ~6K damage. I like that the game seems to encourage neutral/mixups over OMGXFACTORVERGILing all over the place, so there's that. But then the changes to the combo/hitstun system seems to fly in the face of this.

Then there's the presentation. It's so bland, jesus. I can't even figure out who I want to play because everyone is just so sterile looking. I'm maining Nova/Thanos atm but hopefully dlc characters have some more life to them. I fell asleep playing this game two nights ago.

kirblar

Discouraging chicken blocking is a deliberate design goal. It's because Chicken Blocking removes high-low mixups, and they put in blockstun crossup protection.

patchday

Have we seen a pro play with Spidey yet? Been noticing a lot of spidey combo vids lately so now things are making sense. Was wondering why he's getting attention out of the blue

Sesha

Marvel veteran: Wolverine
Marvel newcomer: Ms. Marvel
Capcom veteran: Captain Commando
Capcom newcomer: Asura

Dahbomb

Discouraging chicken blocking is a deliberate design goal. It's because Chicken Blocking removes high-low mixups, and they put in blockstun crossup protection.
Yeah that's not that relevant in this game, people still get crossed up all the time. I guess we see far less of those garbage fake cross ups from Marvel 3 though.

I was ok with them removing chicken blocking but the offense in this game is so severe right now that I think they should revert the change. The game already punishes you for chicken blocking by making you take chip from normals and double chip from specials/hypers.

It seems like there is no reason to do stylish combos in this game as everything seems to cap out at ~6K damage. I like that the game seems to encourage neutral/mixups over OMGXFACTORVERGILing all over the place, so there's that. But then the changes to the combo/hitstun system seems to fly in the face of this.
Doing stylish combos is still very relevant as you are still getting more meter if your combo is longer.

Check out this combo and tell me that this isn't worth doing:

https://a.uguu.se/CXovbuM7sxdW_MVCI2017-09-2817-37-44-856.webm

3 meters gained from no starting bar. You can go into a LVL3 from this starter.

Sàmban

Banned

But it's ridiculously easy to lock people down in this game on the ground though. Just my opinion I guess, but with some of the tools people have in this game (cough dorm carpet cough) I don't think it's needed. Just try playing a Gamora/Dorm player. You cannot even get off the ground. When you do, you get chipped out by floating ball. You actually NEED chicken blocking in this game.

kirblar

Sàmban;250609025 said:
But it's ridiculously easy to lock people down in this game on the ground though. Just my opinion I guess, but with some of the tools people have in this game (cough dorm carpet cough) I don't think it's needed.
The way to fix that is to nerf the really dumb stuff like carpet.

Dahbomb

The way to fix that is to nerf the really dumb stuff like carpet.
There is far more dumb stuff in the game though. Like you nerf carpet ok (that's a reasonable nerf to make) but then what do you do about stuff like this:

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.t...3333333233-23.666666666666654-854x480.mp4#t=0

FChamp has the dummy set to advance guard ALL! This block string completely negates advance guard. At any point in this string if they try to up back they will get caught in something which means they are primed for that command throw hyper.

This is like week 1 stuff, it will get filthier from here. Rocket Raccoon and Jedah's almost entire special move kit ignores advance guard. I don't know about you but I am not that keen on having 10 real seconds of block stun inflicted on someone.

To be fair, some of this stuff will not even be fixed by putting chicken blocking back in but it would definitely help some cases.

kirblar

There is far more dumb stuff in the game though. Like you nerf carpet ok (that's a reasonable nerf to make) but then what do you do about stuff like this:

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.t...3333333233-23.666666666666654-854x480.mp4#t=0

FChamp has the dummy set to advance guard ALL! This block string completely negates advance guard. At any point in this string if they try to up back they will get caught in something which means they are primed for that command throw hyper.

This is like week 1 stuff, it will get filthier from here. Rocket Raccoon and Jedah's almost entire special move kit ignores advance guard. I don't know about you but I am not that keen on having 10 real seconds of block stun inflicted on someone.
Putting an CD on tags when you're not in a combo probably fixes this.

Top Bottom