• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This Punk/Fortrest match is cataclysmic.

Happy birthdays and second characters getting blown up everywhere, with counter switches on counter switches.

EDIT: Legitimately one of the nuttiest matches I've seen. Hammers everywhere. So many shifts of momentum.

Dat soul whip during million dollars.

Grimsen

Ranked matches are all over the place for me.

I'm 12, and go back and forth with players of my rank, which is fine. But then I face rank 14 guys with Gamora/Dante/Dorm/Jedah that just wreck shit, and I don't know why they're not ranked higher.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
peachcola's hawkeye/gamora made both of those characters look really fun to play

sinkfla87

Yeah, that is the hard realization your brain wont let you make usually. If you are losing to someone using easy combo into easy hyper, you probably also don't really know how to play either.

We found in KI the people most upset about Combo Assist mode when we added it were struggling players who thought they were at a much higher skill level with the game than they were. The people who could benefit most of these additions were the ones who lashed out hardest against them.

Fascinating.

LMAO. That is interesting yet not at all surprising in the very least. Btw, I loved watching your Thor play at Ceotaku.

I thought my defense was pretty fucking good until I played CrackPebbles. He is my friend first but my mentor as well. Every time I think I've leveled up he's that Mister Miyagi showing me I'm still just an undisciplined adolescent thinking about things the wrong way lol. Still waiting on you to win some tourneys, Crack!

Perineum

I feel like Gamora's a real good character for beginners because you can mash and cool shit will just string together and happen.

I haven't tried those air loop things I see people do with her, but it seems less easy than other characters BnB's.

Granted her guns are OP AF so if you just spam shots to confirm you will get in that ass.

sinkfla87

I haven't tried those air loop things I see people do with her, but it seems less easy than other characters BnB's.

Granted her guns are OP AF so if you just spam shots to confirm you will get in that ass.

Her air loops IMO are easier than fly unfly cancels. I still struggle with that shit work the exception of iron Man and Nova haha.

jayTOH

Is UK Gamesplanet still the cheapest option for Steam in the US at around $42? can't hold out anymore must play endlessly

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn PeachCola started strong but looks like K-Brad hit that mental guard break immediately. Respect to PeachCola though, super entertainin gplay.

I'm seeing people's use of tagging during supers and coordinated soul storm use evolve as of this tournament, though

This Dante match

latest

Dahbomb

Capcom needs to donate some of Dante's tools to other characters, goddamn
Nevah.

When other characters get games as swag as DMC games, then they can get the tools. Right now only Gene has as many tools or more than Dante so you guys better hope they put in Gene.

Until then... Dante has the kitchen sink on lock.

Zero and Strider have a cool kit though. Monster Hunter looks nice too.

HardRojo

Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I wish you couldn't switch if your super is blocked, switching on hit and block with normals and specials is fine, but being able to switch when your super is blocked is kind of broken for some characters.

Dahbomb

Unpopular opinion perhaps, but I wish you couldn't switch if your super is blocked, switching on hit and block with normals and specials is fine, but being able to switch when your super is blocked is kind of broken for some characters.
Probably but you kinda need some function to replace DHCs from previous VS games.

You can probably make it so that you can only tag supers during their recovery. That way you don't get 20 mix ups during one super. You can still do some set ups, DHCs, tag stuff with it but it will definitely kill some of the synergy in the game.

Stuff like that Cola Hawkeye stuff with Gamora wouldn't work with this system. And that feels bad.

HardRojo

Probably but you kinda need some function to replace DHCs from previous VS games.

You can probably make it so that you can only tag supers during their recovery. That way you don't get 20 mix ups during one super. You can still do some set ups, DHCs, tag stuff with it but it will definitely kill some of the synergy in the game.

Stuff like that Cola Hawkeye stuff with Gamora wouldn't work with this system. And that feels bad.

That's probably a better solution, but I'd add the cost of one bar to switch during the recovery of your blocked super. If your super hit then it's fair game and you can switch for free whenever you want (it all will depend on how the meta changes in the coming months too, but for the time being, I firmly believe being able to switch during your blocked super shouldn't be a thing).

Edit: Whats the Hawkeye/Gamora stuff? Still fairly new to the game as I haven't been watching much tournament play and only got it on Wednesday.

Dahbomb

During Gamora's super, Hawkeye does a bunch of arrows including Poison application which does quite a bit of damage.

ChrisG squeaked it out in the end. His Iron Man looks kinda stiff to be honest, he essentially won because he choked the least.

Top Bottom