• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

patchday

What's wrong with Thor's default?

I hate how the hair in his helmet looks like it's glued together. Makes him look like a cheap toy. At least Gamora hair is animated. Could've sworn even in cutscenes it looks bad there too but I dont play with him much.

But when I do play with Thor I make sure to use his alt costume where his hair looks normal

Dahbomb

https://twitter.com/Shady_K/status/914380131388542976

If you advancing guard a move of a particular mid/low property then a subsequent move of the same property can be blocked either way during the timeframe
Man it's going to be two years before we as a collective community figure this game out.

This mechanic was in MVC2 by the way and was one of the few ways the game was actually playable. I wonder if this mechanic works the other way around (like if you advance guard a move low, then you can block high but still be able to block low).

This is potentially very useful for dealing with the absurd mix ups in the game due to lock down. But it doesn't seem completely reliable.

patchday

cant wait

7jVzPwJ.jpg

never. do. this. again.

This looks so much better than our character select ;(

And btw I am kind of joking bout never doing this again :)

brian!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LCArf-dOxw

Right before I do the level 3, I can also try ang go for an quick air LK to OTG them and set up a mixup with the spinning fireball, why am I able to pick them up again there if I already picked them up with cr.LK? It'd be nice to know some mechanics I might be completely ignoring.

I believe the hitgrab is a ground bounce but im not sure. I have a theory that's prob wrong but i think certain specials have their own counter in terms of gbounce/otg/etc. Like i can do a pick up after zero's hk green thing and then another pickup after his icicle thing, im prtty sure they are both ground bounces but i could be wrong.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this again? Fighting games get views during tournaments, or when a mega popular streamer like Max is on.

Dahbomb

This game probably has stuff like forced hardknockdowns and forced ground bounces in addition to ground bounces with various heights.

Most characters get like one OTG but then sometimes you have situations where characters can get multiple OTGs.

Like I said, we are going to be discovering stuff in this game for years. It really feels like the dark ages all over again (at least we have twitter and better technology to find stuff though).

Pushblocking tech confirmed for lows too:

https://twitter.com/Shady_K/status/914392122916261888

Yea this is very useful for high level play.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with supers LOL!

https://twitter.com/Shady_K/status/914386166643793921

I think this is the fix that they should implement... allow this push guard tech to work while being locked by supers.

patchday

this again? Fighting games get views during tournaments, or when a mega popular streamer like Max is on.

Right on I have several personal reasons:

- Watching local tournaments remind me of good ole days when I used to play FGs at Arcades.
- No lag to blame when it's local tournaments
- Streamers curse way too much for my taste. I love Maxmillian but if he stopped cursing he would go from a 9/10 to 10/10. But since he slips bad words cause he's naughty I usually stick to his youtubes much more which is more professional. I've got kids that come into my game room!

So I'm only watching tournaments mostly. Most all good fg streamers curse like sailors which is a shame cause I could be way better if I watched them more

jett

D-Member
I am pretty sure even if you set it to all, it will first attempt to find matches closer to you before expanding outwards.

I doubt anyone in Latin/South America in the game, every few people in the US have it on PC as it is.

It don't matter, it finds nobody, anywhere. I play against Muricans all the time in SFV. It's probably bugged out on some level, since it displays no lobbies whatsoever immediately after a search. You know what, I don't even care. I'm so trash at this game it would just be pointless to play online. :p

Nyoro SF

Unfortunately it doesn't work with supers LOL!

https://twitter.com/Shady_K/status/914386166643793921

I think this is the fix that they should implement... allow this push guard tech to work while being locked by supers.

Yeah, right now even though there's decent character diversity a lot of strategy is getting homogenized around throwing out supers and tagging during them. It's starting to make matches feel same-y. Adding that protection would be a step in the right direction.

Pompadour

This game probably has stuff like forced hardknockdowns and forced ground bounces in addition to ground bounces with various heights.

Wait, so if a character is knocked down by a move at a certain height they ground bounce instead of just getting knocked down? Is this mechanic in any other games?

Dahbomb

It don't matter, it finds nobody, anywhere. I play against Muricans all the time in SFV. It's probably bugged out on some level, since it displays no lobbies whatsoever immediately after a search. You know what, I don't even care. I'm so trash at this game it would just be pointless to play online. :p
Probably just get in the Marvel GAF Discord and ask to play with friends there. Players of all skill levels there.

I think Intelliheath has the discord link, you should join it. At the very least, you can learn more about the game or have another venue to file your complaints in!

Wait, so if a character is knocked down by a move at a certain height they ground bounce instead of just getting knocked down? Is this mechanic in any other games?
No I mean that certain moves have a "forced ground bounce" tag where if they connect they will always do a ground bounce or they will always do a hard knockdown. Nova's Centurion rush overhead always ground bounced in Marvel for example even if you had used your ground bounce before.

This game even has a variable bounce system where depending on where you started the bounces it would change how high up they bounce due to the physics system.

Check this out:

https://twitter.com/Shady_K/status/912589968299585537

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Probably just get in the Marvel GAF Discord and ask to play with friends there. Players of all skill levels there.

I think Intelliheath has the discord link, you should join it. At the very least, you can learn more about the game or have another venue to file your complaints in!

Discord Link should be in OP so quote it to find it

patchday

btw any good tourneys for MvCI aired over weekend? I just need channel name or a hint to find on twitch

[edit] found- Richard Nguyen vs Alioune Sensei

Dahbomb

Only thing worth watching over the weekend was NWM top 8 and Richard vs Whiteblack at Milan games week. TFC grand final was a doozy too, went down to the wire.

Right now what's adding to the complexity of the game is that we don't know what's intended in the game and what isn't. Maybe that push block tech isn't intended or maybe it is... we don't really know for sure.

What if Capcom decides not to even do any balance tweaks until all of Season 1's DLC is out? They did something similar with SFV, correct? Could be awhile till Chris Redfield stops being booty...

Fuck it, Chris is never gonna get the buffs he needs.

Onemic

As the others have said, fighting games usually rope in views during tournaments. It's not like other games where people tune in regularly unless someone like Max or floe are streaming.

For a game that's only 2 weeks old, it's pretty bad. Injustice shouldnt be getting more views during non tourny hours, especially since the viewership for that game tanked after the first month.

Skittles

For a game that's only 2 weeks old, it's pretty bad. Injustice shouldnt be getting more views during non tourny hours, especially since the viewership for that game tanked after the first month.
Are you being intentionally dense? Theres no big streamers on so of course the numbers are low

Neoxon

It’s still not uncommon for fighting games past Week 1. There are dozens of other reasons to be concerned, but Twitch numbers when no big names are on isn’t one of them.

I don't think I've ever had as much fun playing a Marvel vs Capcom game as I'm having with this one. The gameplay is so friendly to people who aren't fighting game pros, and I really like the fact that the "touch of death" from MVC3 is gone.

The irony that this disastrous flop of a bargain bin game is by far the most exciting and refreshing of the entire series. I really hope they keep supporting with DLC characters.

Onemic

Are you being intentionally dense? Theres no big streamers on so of course the numbers are low

Im not talking about that picture specifically, I mean in general. The numbers are relatively low. This is a fact. if you want to keep your head in the sand about it, go ahead.

Blueblur1

SFV and even USFIV had low stream viewers when more popular players or events weren't on. Its pretty normal for fighters; the audience is tiny compared to other game genres.

Negaduck

I really hope we don't get a balance patch for a while. I want to see players learn how to fight the more powerful stones/teams.

There is still so much about this game we don't know and I'd hate to lose that ability to adapt because of a patch.

I'm a crazy person but personally don't want a patch till Evo (minus a hot fix to really fix broken shit. Don't actually know how I feel about the spiderman shit).

brian!

Itd be cool if they pushed frequent patches in terms of fixes, but i think they have to pay for those on console? If that keeps them from being frequent then yeah they def have more time to amass data before a balance/fix patch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah had weird character select screen lag sicne day 1

Trace

Banned
I really hope we don't get a balance patch for a while. I want to see players learn how to fight the more powerful stones/teams.

There is still so much about this game we don't know and I'd hate to lose that ability to adapt because of a patch.

I'm a crazy person but personally don't want a patch till Evo (minus a hot fix to really fix broken shit. Don't actually know how I feel about the spiderman shit).

If an infinite like that doesn't get patched till Evo I'm dropping the game far before then.

FSLink

Banned
Im not talking about that picture specifically, I mean in general. The numbers are relatively low. This is a fact. if you want to keep your head in the sand about it, go ahead.
Injustice sold more and fighting games gets low views outside few events in general. This is nothing noteworthy.

Negaduck

If an infinite like that doesn't get patched till Evo I'm dropping the game far before then.

Well I think of it this way.

Umvc3. One touch and you're dead.

Spiderman infinite. One touch and you're dead.

If you get hit by the infinite you fucked up. Same thing as getting hit by zero trilogy or other teams in 3 imo.

Just don't get hit.

Neoxon

I wasn't able to get much online time this weekend outside of a few rounds. Is everyone now using Spider-Man because of the infinite?

Grakl

Comparing infinite to other Marvels to justify Spiderman infinite not getting banned is stupid. Letting infinites in other games rock is not a reason to keep it unbanned.

Skilletor

If you get hit by the infinite you fucked up. Same thing as getting hit by zero trilogy or other teams in 3 imo.

Just don't get hit.

This logic excuses everything that could possibly be wrong in a fighter.

Just shouldn't have gotten hit.

It's silly to think this way. Especially when said infinite bypasses mechanics in the game that allows you to get out of combos.

Dahbomb

Just don't get hit.
Never design fighting games or talk about game balancing again.

This logic excuses everything that could possibly be wrong in a fighter.

Just shouldn't have gotten hit.

It's silly to think this way. Especially when said infinite bypasses mechanics in the game that allows you to get out of combos.
Spoken like someone who got hit.

Top Bottom