• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Dahbomb

Not going to lie when Reality storm is active this game is definitely hard to follow. But just gotta up the power level for myself.

I can already tell some scumbag players gonna pick the red and black colors with Reality stone.

LostAnkh

Zero's theme is trash

Also, are there anymore orchestra versions of the classic themes? Besides Captain America and Spider-Man's?

JayEH

It's so weird they have all these wubby remixes for the Capcom side considering the Marvel side ones.

Dahbomb

Are there any more exhibitions?
Fiending for dat Marvel? ;P

They are going to have a combo exhibition where the people decide the best combo. After that there is a special announcement that people think is going to be some e sports Marvel thing.

OH GOD DANTE THEME ON STREAM!!!! SOMEONE KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

patchday

Up your power level son!

This is like Yamcha complaining he can't follow Goku and Vegeta fighting.

FChamp returning to GHOST RIDER!!! AYY LMAO!!! But Ghost Rider is actually good in this game, that set was just not a good representation of him.

lmao this is best post I read all night (well besides Black Widow announcement)

I'm still struck by how undercooked everything non-gameplay related is in this game. That UI is nothing short of terrible. What were they thinking with the character select?

patchday

So I wonder if Marvel's plan to discredit X-men (or rather downplay) is working. When I talk to friends everyone speaks well of the MCU. But if I bring up X-men all anyone seems to remember is X-Men apocalypse. Personally I bought all the x-men movies I like them a lot but I really, really love Avengers and wanted to see all of them in the roster asap

Some of my buds do speak well of Old Man Logan tho that was solid *

Anth0ny

Up your power level son!

This is like Yamcha complaining he can't follow Goku and Vegeta fighting.

FChamp returning to GHOST RIDER!!! AYY LMAO!!! But Ghost Rider is actually good in this game, that set was just not a good representation of him.

This game is actually harder to follow than Marvel 3 though, and we are on day 0.

That whole "we're simplifying it for casuals" angle was the biggest load of horse shit. Kids going onto online this week literally won't know what hit them.

TAG TAG DRONE DRONE REALITY STONE TAG TAG COMBO BREAK

Dahbomb

This game is actually harder to follow than Marvel 3 though, and we are on day 0.

That whole "we're simplifying it for casuals" angle was the biggest load of horse shit. Kids going onto online this week literally won't know what hit them.

TAG TAG DRONE DRONE REALITY STONE TAG TAG COMBO BREAK
I been saying this for months now. This game is going to be harder to follow than MVC3. People said really false stuff like "OMFG Marvel 3 6 CHARACTERS ON SCREEN AT ONE TIME!! TOO MUCH CHAOS FOR ME!!! ASSISTS ARE WACK" when MVCI has the same amount of characters on screen at once as Marvel 3 and it has the added complexity of the Storms.

Capcom should have gone the Sonic Mania route and hired an indie composer to arrange the soundtrack in the style of the old MvC/CPS2 sound. This soundtrack is straight garbage and close to so me of the worst I've heard from a Capcom fighting game. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was the ace, and old MvC3 had a few gems here and there.

I'm still struck by how undercooked everything non-gameplay related is in this game. That UI is nothing short of terrible. What were they thinking with the character select?

Yeah, I was just playing UMVC3 again on my PS4 before I tuned into this exhibition, and I'm thinking the entire UI and the flatness of the presentation is taking over as worst component of the game instead of character models. Mind, I still think some of the character models are bad, but there's a complete lack of fanfare to most of the presentation coming out of UMVC3 that it's kind of a big bummer.

Like I mentioned in the review thread... No pulsing/shaking X-factor (I know X-Factor is out, but they could've done something interesting with the Stone meter), no comic book style font face for combo readouts, no comic panel style presentation in the menus, no layered UI elements like the numbers designating your meter power level, etc... It's all just so straight forward. Bland font, the ugliness of the character models is highlighted by the portraits, the Infinity Stone readout is flat and boring.

UMVC3 feels like a vibrant celebration of Versus and the franchises it encompasses. Infinite feels like a prototype.

Hope Capcom can improve this later on, maybe even alter some character models for the better, too. I know they're kinda hurting financially or maybe their management is kinda poor, I don't know.

Roster at launch... Kind of a bummer, definitely feels like it could have been better, despite the inclusion of a few cool newcomers (obligatory: WHERE ARE THE X-MEN)

Some of the character models (including some fan favorites)... definitely a bummer.

Presentation and UI's complete lack of hype/enthusiasm as a means of feeding back the excitement of a Versus game... absolute bummer.

Jawmuncher

I'm assuming the big announcement is just Sigma and Black Panther gameplay with release date and perhaps the renders of the other upcoming characters.

Top Bottom