• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

yah..to addon what others mentioned...the UI elements are really dreadful...

Everything from the font choice/size to the HP/Super meter shapes/colors to the character select screen to the Versus screens...there's no 'HYPED!!' element...even the backgrounds are bland devoid of any meaningful guest characters....Some shield base, some streets with a final fight character statue, MODOK sitting there, Avengers HQ, etc....then compare to UMvC3 with Shadowland theme, Days of future past theme, Super Ghouls and ghost theme, Resident Evil theme, etc backgrounds....as if the lack of new characters are not enough...

in before defenders coming in and defend that stages are merely 'cosmetic function' that do not matter.. :p

the lack of effort in this release seems to be a repeat of SFV..

getting it out to the e-sports community ASAP so that it can become a legit esports by next year...instead of making it a 'complete' game at launch.

the lack of genuine polishing effort is very apparent throughout.

Neoxon

yah..to addon what others mentioned...the UI elements are really dreadful...

Everything from the font choice/size to the HP/Super meter shapes/colors to the character select screen to the Versus screens...there's no 'HYPED!!' element...even the backgrounds are bland devoid of any meaningful guest characters....Some shield base, some streets with a final fight character statue, MODOK sitting there, Avengers HQ, etc....then compare to UMvC3 with Shadowland theme, Days of future past theme, Super Ghouls and ghost theme, Resident Evil theme, etc backgrounds....as if the lack of new characters are not enough...

in before defenders coming in and defend that stages are merely 'cosmetic function' that do not matter.. :p

the lack of effort in this release seems to be a repeat of SFV..

getting it out to the e-sports community ASAP so that it can become a legit esports by next year...instead of making it a 'complete' game at launch.

the lack of genuine polishing effort is very apparent throughout.
In terms of content, MvCI is definitely feature-complete. The problem is, as you said, the polish.

Anbec7

Maybe if we pressure them a lot like with KOFXIV they would update the graphics later ? I know it's wishful thinking but we can hope I guess...

Durden77

OH MY GOD 7 MINUTES TILL UNLOCK

GOOD BYE EVERYONE

i'll be back tomorrow

MAY YOUR MAHVEL BE AS AMAZING AS MAHVEL CAN BE

Anth0ny

In terms of content, MvCI is definitely feature-complete. The problem is, as you said, the polish.

It would be nice if they fix all that shit for "season 2" or whatever they call the big, inevitable balance patch with new DLC. They can even use it as a marketing tactic: "The UI no longer looks like it comes from a low budget mobile game!"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nemesis wavedashing looks wrong and terrifying.

This last game was a slugger for sure

THESE NEMESIS COMBOS ARE SO FUCKING HYPE

EDIT: Watching Haggar and Nemesis work is an incredible treat. Combo is doing work.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fantastic set.

Champ getting nervous doing basic ABC relaunch combos.

Dope seeing Combo transition immediately to throwing oil barrels as soon as he got locked into the incoming-game cube.

brian!

i couldnt stop looking at haggar during that
6ebZ4OPAQ_yVc_rnm98cHQ.png

Infinite is already so much more interesting to watch than 3 to me because the matches actually flow in a more natural way, X-Factor was too ingrained in the DNA of that game and sure it was amusing to see a comeback by a Lv. 3 X-Factor but it made it so hard to take that game seriously.

Big0Bear

Maybe if we pressure them a lot like with KOFXIV they would update the graphics later ? I know it's wishful thinking but we can hope I guess...

No one pressured kof to update their graphics. People criticized it ( some of which are saying the opposite with mvci) but I think the company did it because they wanted to

Dahbomb

Combofiend with the proof of concept of big bodies plus Space stone.

That match up would've been awful in Marvel 3 but with the system changes and the stone, Combofiend made it competitive.

FinKL

No Steam unlocked?

I'm not mad at that, I'm just upset we had NO information when it would unlock on Steam besides a vague "Sept 19 2017" when this could be preordered since forever already.

Combofiend with the proof of concept of big bodies plus Space stone.

That match up would've been awful in Marvel 3 but with the system changes and the stone, Combofiend made it competitive.

I think the barrel throw is a great addition to Haggar too. I remember seeing on a stream he can also hold on to it, so it can protect him against projectiles while going forward. Food also can drop from it, but I wonder if it is only from him breaking it by headbutting it, since I didn't see it pop out when he was chucking it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Haggar being able to cancel the recovery of those rush-grab moves (name escapes me ATM) with normals is going to be a problem.

The chat was trolling and sh*tposting most of the time...but when hype stuff happens, even the stream monsters can't help but get hype. I think that's very telling of this game's long term potential competitively.

Big0Bear

I guess I agree with that but there is a hella of a lot of polish missing. It's sad that we are suprised if a capcom game has an arcade mode and story at launch

Negaduck

Lord Gaben, we prayeth to the. On thy most holy of Mahvel's Eve.

Unlocketh thyne trove for use most unquenched of Pugilist players need ride once again.

steampls.

Dueck

Banned
I'm so torn... My head says "get the Xbox One version because you can play it online (I don't want a PS+ sub again)" while my heart says "extra Captain Marvel costume for PS4!" In all honesty, the only fighting games I ever sink time into online are Netherrealm's anyway, so it's not as open-shut as it seems at first glance... I pre-ordered the Xbox One DE version a while ago, and put $10 down on the PS4 DE the other day. So far, there isn't one coming, so I have until I go in tomorrow to make my final decision.

Despite my seething hatred of (nearly) all things MCU these days, the roster's saving grace is the Capcom side and the fact that at least Disney allowed the comic book character appearances. The day everyone looks like the actors in the movies is the day the line will be crossed and I will walk. Until then, I can put up with everything. Plus, Venom again. Finally. He was my favourite growing up.

Top Bottom