• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Yeah, I was just playing UMVC3 again on my PS4 before I tuned into this exhibition, and I'm thinking the entire UI and the flatness of the presentation is taking over as worst component of the game instead of character models. Mind, I still think some of the character models are bad, but there's a complete lack of fanfare to most of the presentation coming out of UMVC3 that it's kind of a big bummer.

Like I mentioned in the review thread... No pulsing/shaking X-factor (I know X-Factor is out, but they could've done something interesting with the Stone meter), no comic book style font face for combo readouts, no comic panel style presentation in the menus, no layered UI elements like the numbers designating your meter power level, etc... It's all just so straight forward. Bland font, the ugliness of the character models is highlighted by the portraits, the Infinity Stone readout is flat and boring.

UMVC3 feels like a vibrant celebration of Versus and the franchises it encompasses. Infinite feels like a prototype.

Hope Capcom can improve this later on, maybe even alter some character models for the better, too. I know they're kinda hurting financially or maybe their management is kinda poor, I don't know.

Roster at launch... Kind of a bummer, definitely feels like it could have been better, despite the inclusion of a few cool newcomers (obligatory: WHERE ARE THE X-MEN)

Some of the character models (including some fan favorites)... definitely a bummer.

Presentation and UI's complete lack of hype/enthusiasm as a means of feeding back the excitement of a Versus game... absolute bummer.

They wanted to go back to the roots... which meant bringing back MvC2's utterly dreadful UI :p

Seriously the boring block letters to designate combo ranking are a darn shame.

Yeah, I was just playing UMVC3 again on my PS4 before I tuned into this exhibition, and I'm thinking the entire UI and the flatness of the presentation is taking over as worst component of the game instead of character models. Mind, I still think some of the character models are bad, but there's a complete lack of fanfare to most of the presentation coming out of UMVC3 that it's kind of a big bummer.

Like I mentioned in the review thread... No pulsing/shaking X-factor (I know X-Factor is out, but they could've done something interesting with the Stone meter), no comic book style font face for combo readouts, no comic panel style presentation in the menus, no layered UI elements like the numbers designating your meter power level, etc... It's all just so straight forward. Bland font, the ugliness of the character models is highlighted by the portraits, the Infinity Stone readout is flat and boring.

UMVC3 feels like a vibrant celebration of Versus and the franchises it encompasses. Infinite feels like a prototype.

Hope Capcom can improve this later on, maybe even alter some character models for the better, too. I know they're kinda hurting financially or maybe their management is kinda poor, I don't know.

Roster at launch... Kind of a bummer, definitely feels like it could have been better, despite the inclusion of a few cool newcomers (obligatory: WHERE ARE THE X-MEN)

Some of the character models (including some fan favorites)... definitely a bummer.

Presentation and UI's complete lack of hype/enthusiasm as a means of feeding back the excitement of a Versus game... absolute bummer.

I don't know who to blame, but I just don't feel the passion in capcom projects except for the monster hunter team anymore. They don't care at all about making a product the best it can be, there's no pride in the work. They just shit out a product at the most, minimal effort possible in a market they know they still have leverage with no regards to long-term satisfaction. The only reason why any company should do that is if they're running on fumes but Capcom's financials aren't that dire IIRC.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I don't know who to blame, but I just don't feel the passion in capcom projects except for the monster hunter team anymore. They don't care at all about making a product the best it can be, there's no pride in the work. They just shit out a product at the most, minimal effort possible in a market they know they still have leverage with no regards to long-term satisfaction. The only reason why any company should do that is if they're running on fumes but Capcom's financials aren't that dire IIRC.

The Resident Evil teams do good work, imo. It's the FG division that's... having issues.

-----

Oh, it's eSports. Couldn't care less.

JayEH

Dahbomb

I like that they are making this thematically relevant.

Returning EVO champions is hype. Changing rules is nutty!

This kinda makes it so that winning the 6 big tournaments is a big deal. Also what happens if you win multiple tournaments? Do you get more stones?

What if FChamp wins 6 stones? He is an EVO champion and he has 6 stones? LOL!

phaonaut

I like that they are making this thematically relevant.

Returning EVO champions is hype. Changing rules is nutty!

This kinda makes it so that winning the 6 big tournaments is a big deal. Also what happens if you win multiple tournaments? Do you get more stones?

What if FChamp wins 6 stones? He is an EVO champion and he has 6 stones? LOL!

I dont think the evo champs can get the stones, they have their own spots on the bracket. If they win, it probably goes to second place.

Top Bottom