• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Nephtes

So wait, why does the game unlock at different times for different platforms?

I thought Xbox digital games unlock at midnight EST?
Why 11am?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Been playing for a few hours.

I respect what they're doing here with Active Switch, but it is not gelling with me at all.

Dahbomb

Here are some key rules about the Stones in a nutshell:

*EVO champions cannot win stones at the 6 events. The next best player wins the stone.

*Each player can only bring one stone to the finals. So if you have won multiple stones, then you get to choose one and the next best player gets the stone. In the event of ties, a special 3/5 set will be played to determine stone owner.

*During the actual finals.... if you have a stone and you lose... the opponent gets your stone!!!! At this stage even EVO players can win stones!

*It's actually possible to have multiple stones during the later stages of the finals but only 2 can be used in one set at one time.

*This means that in the grand finals... the two players will have 3 stones each!

And then the final player will have all 6 stones!!!

This is some true Yu Gi Oh shit right here!

FluxWaveZ

Standard configuration should look like:

LP / HP / Switch
LK / HK / Infinity Surge

Right? Stick I have now makes it look like this with the default:

LP / HP / Switch / Infinity Surge
LK / HK /

Edit: Huh, I guess tt's actually supposed to be the latter. Not sure how I feel about that layout.

naib

Lord Gaben, we prayeth to the. On thy most holy of Mahvel's Eve.

Unlocketh thyne trove for use most unquenched of Pugilist players need ride once again.

steampls.

With heavy heart I eye my loft. Perhaps this is gaben's will.

I do have a crazy work day tomorrow. But after watching that exhibition neatly close just past 12est it's pretty disappointing.
I guess we all just assumed.

*EVO champions cannot win stones at the 6 events. The next best player wins the stone.

*Each player can only bring one stone to the finals. So if you have won multiple stones, then you get to choose one and the next best player gets the stone. In the event of ties, a special 3/5 set will be played to determine stone owner.

*During the actual finals.... if you have a stone and you lose... the opponent gets your stone!!!! At this stage even EVO players can win stones!

*It's actually possible to have multiple stones during the later stages of the finals but only 2 can be used in one set at one time.

*This means that in the grand finals... the two players will have 3 stones each!

Can't wait to see who gets designated the Ash Ketchum of this tourney
who then goes on to fuck it all up and not win shit ever because they're bad at what they chose to do with their battling career and/or bad writing

brian!

it's so nuts
even the tournaments for marvel are amazing

This game is fire.

hell yeah

Opened this up to a poor Chun Li busted as soon as I opened it.
IBfZi1B.jpg

Compared to the other proleagues for other fighting games, yeah.

This isn't really a full pro league. It's only a couple tourneys and it ends in less than 3 months.

This sounds like Mahvel, alright. Beautiful nonsense.

Coda

Been playing for a few hours.

I respect what they're doing here with Active Switch, but it is not gelling with me at all.

Makes things hella chaotic, I'm just starting to get the grasp of the game now after having it for 4-5 days. I actually think being careful and methotical in this game will get you far. The randomness in play right now is real online, but I'm starting to wrangle my way around it. I was playing Dante/Jedah, but after playing Dante/Haggar with the Reality Stone (my two mains from MVC3) and it just clicks a lot more plus Haggar's damage output is remarkable. A few basic combos from him and you're basically dead.

Another interesting thing to note is that this game feels weird on stick to me, I don't know why, it feels like I'm overexerting myself or something, might be the Korean stick I have but it's weird. I think I may legit play this game with my PS2 Saturn Pad as it feels really good doing combos on it compared to stick.

Negaduck

I kinda got lucky in that MVC3 never clicked with me. So i haven't gotten used to the ABC layout and have actually played more MVC2 than 3 in the last few years.

CMON STEAM

In terms of content, MvCI is definitely feature-complete. The problem is, as you said, the polish.

i agree. Anyone know who's the art director for this game? Whoever he/she is, the decision to design MvCI the way it is.........is beyond confounding.

I swear the mobile Contest of champions marvel game had better UI elements than MvCI

Negaduck

If they used a more stylized shader I don't think it would look as bad. I think because they went for the more realistic texture/shader look it makes the weird proportions and shit stand out more.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
i agree. Anyone know who's the art director for this game? Whoever he/she is, the decision to design MvCI the way it is.........is beyond confounding.

I swear the mobile Contest of champions marvel game had better UI elements than MvCI
Add far as we know? There's no art director. I think Bengus is credited as character design?

So is the best strategy for a newcomer like me to maybe focus on learning one character, and hope that at least transfers to being generally competent at the game?

Dahbomb

So is the best strategy for a newcomer like me to maybe focus on learning one character, and hope that at least transfers to being generally competent at the game?
Nah you need to actually be learning two characters as a unit in this game. Learning just one characters get you nowhere.

Grimsen

Played for about an hour with Spidey/Ryu. Spidey's web zip is so fast, I barely have the time to land a air hit into a ground combo. Ryu is slow.

I tag at every opportunity, and it's been working for me. I still don't know which stone I'd rather use.

I got colors 3 for those two characters after less than 10 wins online I think. Ryu got them for both outfits.

Man, this is some grade a bullshit if I knew the game didn't unlock until noon I would have just gone to Walmart and bought a disc copy tonight.

vg260

Dunno how viable they would be, but Haggar and Thor with his warrior costume would make a pretty dope looking tag team.

Top Bottom