• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

forward+ two punches, down/forward, forward+two punches.

back+two punches, down/back, back+two punches.
That shit is not working for me at all. I guess I'd better tighten up my execution. But it's also gonna be hard since there's so many down down moves.

If I can't get this wave dashing down, that's gonna hamper my enjoyment severely.

FSLink

Banned
Standard configuration should look like:

LP / HP / Switch
LK / HK / Infinity Surge

Right? Stick I have now makes it look like this with the default:

LP / HP / Switch / Infinity Surge
LK / HK /

Edit: Huh, I guess tt's actually supposed to be the latter. Not sure how I feel about that layout.

It should be the top. Default layout is for pad.

Dahbomb

That shit is not working for me at all. I guess I'd better tighten up my execution. But it's also gonna be hard since there's so many down down moves.

If I can't get this wave dashing down, that's gonna hamper my enjoyment severely.
Here is a video example:

https://twitter.com/fchampryan/status/908441309299359745

You kinda need to dash linger a bit than in Marvel 3. You probably shouldn't try to do it as fast as FChamp in that example, just start out slow.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm watching Max playing the story mode right now and besides his obnoxious commentary the story mode doesn't seem that bad, sure it's nothing amazing but honestly it's not that bad.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
i was down on this game because everyone around me was talking shit about it, but I replayed the demo and remembered why I enjoyed it. Should be a fun romp come tomorrow when I pick it up.

Here is a video example:

https://twitter.com/fchampryan/status/908441309299359745

You kinda need to dash linger a bit than in Marvel 3. You probably shouldn't try to do it as fast as FChamp in that example, just start out slow.
After watching that I went straight to Ultron and it's SIGNIFICANTLY easier to do with him. Likely because he has no down down moves. Still a lot harder than any other Marvel game though, at least for now.

MrMephistoX

Yeah story mode isn't bad at all.

I'm liking it...Frank's covered wars ya know. At least the character pairings make sense...I actually kinda like how it doesn't force you to play 5 battles in a row as the same character like most story modes and mixes it up with 2 on ones. There's just some really unintentionally stupid humor in it that entertains me....doesn't take itself too seriously.

Anbec7

Wow it's such a good change from MVC3
The combos at least now you just can't be throwing stuff me and a friend are having a lot of fun at the moment.

DrBo42

I'm watching Max playing the story mode right now and besides his obnoxious commentary the story mode doesn't seem that bad, sure it's nothing amazing but honestly it's not that bad.
I think it's a matter of perspective. Coming from a "I played Injustice 2's campaign and enjoyed it" it's super low effort with pretty bad execution. From the "it's just a fighting game" perspective it's whatever.

Astral

Idk how I feel about this game. I've always hated Marvel's pressure game. Attacks are so fast and seem to push you so far away and I can't really tell where the openings are during pressure. It all feels so spammy because it's so fast. That said, I think I pretty much like anyone with an air dash. Ultron and Dante felt especially great to control. Spider-Man and Captain Marvel were cool too. Morrigan is always bae. I haven't really gone into training mode since I went straight into playing versus mode with my nephews, so maybe that's why everything feels overly chaotic. I haven't even bothered with the infinity stones honestly.

HardRojo

just use the default layout

LP HP TAG
LK HK STONE

i tried the MVC 3 way since I'm use to it but it doesn't work as good for me.
I was hoping for something similar to UMvC3 :( switching between square layout for Infinite and UMvC3 layout for DBFZ is going to screw me over. Really wish this game had stuck with LMHS.
Down Down + Attack commands are the worst thing that could of been added to this game, especially for DP attacks.
Agreed. It'll take a good while for my brain to adapt to such a stupid change. I actually find DD motions harder to perform than DPs, plus they're not very intuitive. I kept messing up Shehulks run cancel in MvC3.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Pretty much everything about this game either feels awkward to me on its own or just clashes harshly against 7 years of muscle memory. Like I'm actually getting frustrated with it and think I need to sleep it off and try again tomorrow.

On the plus side, I do dig the stones; way more of an interesting power-up than X-Factor ever was.

Pretty much everything about this game either feels awkward to me on its own or just clashes harshly against 7 years of muscle memory. Like I'm actually getting frustrated with it and think I need to sleep it off and try again tomorrow.

On the plus side, I do dig the stones; way more of an interesting power-up than X-Factor ever was.
I kind of feel the same, game feels janky...

Trickster

Wanted to get in an hour of play before heading off to work. Only to start my pc, log into steam and see the game is still not out?

Searched a bit for information, and apparently there is none.

No offense, but why the fuck is Capcom so fucking bad at basic shit? How hard is it to do basic shit like not make the character models look ass in a fighting game. And don't release the game on steam without at least adding the fucking countdown, or telling people when it unlocks?

I mean fuck, this is not some indie developer who are going through the motions for the first time...

Jesus what is this? This is wavedashing? How do you do it? Does it break your hand?

The button inputs shows how spaming 2 buttons, so I assume the dashing is tied button inputs. Should make it much easier and faster than if you had to do it by double tapping movement inputs

FSLink

Banned
The more I play the easier it gets to not get an accidental tag because my brain still thinks heavy attack is where tag is now. I'll have it down soon enough.

Anth0ny

This is EXACTLY what I'm going through right now. Holy shit. I'm less learning Marvel Infinite and more unlearning Marvel 3 right now.

This fucking button layout. The fucking tag system. This shit is way more complex than Marvel 3. Combofiend you mad man. You absolute mad man.

Neoxon

This is EXACTLY what I'm going through right now. Holy shit. I'm less learning Marvel Infinite and more unlearning Marvel 3 right now.

This fucking button layout. The fucking tag system. This shit is way more complex than Marvel 3. Combofiend you mad man. You absolute mad man.
I’m gonna have to empty my mind of Mahvel 3 before I jump into Infinite.

Looking at most of the models in model viewer, they look pretty good and animate well. Why the fuck does this game have some sort of piss filter that makes them look jank as fuck (fucking chromatic aberration?).

Kaleinc

Banned
yah..to addon what others mentioned...the UI elements are really dreadful...

Everything from the font choice/size to the HP/Super meter shapes/colors to the character select screen to the Versus screens...there's no 'HYPED!!' element...even the backgrounds are bland devoid of any meaningful guest characters....Some shield base, some streets with a final fight character statue, MODOK sitting there, Avengers HQ, etc....then compare to UMvC3 with Shadowland theme, Days of future past theme, Super Ghouls and ghost theme, Resident Evil theme, etc backgrounds....as if the lack of new characters are not enough...

in before defenders coming in and defend that stages are merely 'cosmetic function' that do not matter.. :p

the lack of effort in this release seems to be a repeat of SFV..

getting it out to the e-sports community ASAP so that it can become a legit esports by next year...instead of making it a 'complete' game at launch.

the lack of genuine polishing effort is very apparent throughout.
One intern can only do this much. Low effort lazy shite like sf5 and its Times New Roman fonts and UI straight out of MS Paint.

vg260

Wanted to get in an hour of play before heading off to work. Only to start my pc, log into steam and see the game is still not out?

Searched a bit for information, and apparently there is none.

What happened to Wbacon? He was their digital platform guy, iirc. He used to post updates about Capcom stuff here and on Steam forums, and would let us know what's up with stuff like this, but hasn't been active there in quit a while.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The end boss looks really awesome, he looks like a classic arcade fighting game end boss.

Love it.

Top Bottom