• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Preloaded last night and was hoping to be able to get in some games before work this morning.

RIP PC users, oh well. Guess it was too much to ask to see a repeat of the SFV midnight launch (even if it was a clusterfuck trying to get onto cfn servers that night).

:(

Mugy

from the story mode, Venom, Monster Hunter, Black Phanter and Sigma are playable.

I find hard not to see that Meio its going to be DLC (maybe season 2) as an counterpart for Dr. Strange from Capcom.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
from the story mode, Venom, Monster Hunter, Black Phanter and Sigma are playable.

I find hard not to see that Meio its going to be DLC (maybe season 2) as an counterpart for Dr. Strange from Capcom.

Venom isnt in the story mode

MrCarter

Thanks Amazon UK for sending me an email at 4am launch day to say you have no stock. I only had the game reserved for months.
You obviously knew this earlier, but hey...why not tell customers until the very last moment?

I have the same issue. They said they couldn't "obtain the game" for whatever reason and said I could cancel. I'll wait another day and if it still hasn't arrived gonna cancel it and never pre-order games from them again.

EYEL1NER

I looked real quick at TA and XboxAchievements but didn't see a list. I don't particularly need a list of what the achievements are, but is the art cool? I was excited to see that the UMvC3 port had cool achievement art and was looking forward to setting the Morrigan art as my Xbone wallpaper, but it had some high requirement like "Play on Xbox Live for 5 Hours," and the community on Xbox was dead the day the game came out (couldn't find an online match to play or spectate that evening).

From the Discord:

D-I-S-C-O-R-D BOYZ said:
not sure if thats a glitch or they just messed up , since it says "classified" but you still can click on them

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

anyone have advice on how to keep those air combos going? ultron was piping me last night with that hard punch spam in the air..how is it that u stay up there like that? hitting dash and in the direction?

Blueblur1

So the models are already in the game? Doesn't mean the characters are finished though. The online fanbase may not understand/accept that though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does Sigma fight with his cape in the story mode?

anyone have advice on how to keep those air combos going? ultron was piping me last night with that hard punch spam in the air..how is it that u stay up there like that? hitting dash and in the direction?

its fly/unfly combos, which is a bit advanced stuff if you just started and I wouldnt worry too much about that stuff for the time being.

also thats a big fucking sword on the MH

Bizazedo

Game is good, but muscle memory is murdering me since the people look like they do in 3.

End boss is pure fighting game annoyance.

The story was better than V.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So the models are already in the game? Doesn't mean the characters are finished though. The online fanbase may not understand/accept that though.
Those characters in the story, but yeah, doesn't mean they're fleshed out as playable characters.

And yeah devs have been throwing unfinished content onto discs forever to cut bandwidth costs (back when they were a thing) and people made it a conspiracy then so it will be a conspiracy now.

Rhaknar

Well he won't be a Season 1 DLC character at the very least so at least a year away

there is ZERO chance that season 2 will only be in 1 year. Season 1 will all be out in the next 3 months. I would be shocked if season 2 wasnt all or partially out before EVO.

of course, I also think that MODOK has zero chance of returning, but thats another issue.

Jawmuncher

Excited to play late today. But I realized that 10GB update sure as hell won't be done anytime today even if I get it started at lunch. Oh well. Hopefully I can play online with some of ya later this week.

If the netcode isn't MVC3 tier for me and my setup

Excited to play late today. But I realized that 10GB update sure as hell won't be done anytime today even if I get it started at lunch. Oh well. Hopefully I can play online with some of ya later this week.

If the netcode isn't MVC3 tier for me and my setup

How big is the install including the update?

patchday

Good to read impressions from gafs that actually own the game. Got so tired of reading driveby posts complaining bout UI. All this time I just wanted to know bout netcode and actual gameplay. Finally lol

Keep the feedback coming folks

I'm picking up my deluxe after work!

I'll be on PS4 and probably down for some friendly matches in a few days

Bizazedo

Dont forget that this was last night / this morning so the game had just unlocked at midnight not a lot playing which might mean there was less stress, I dunno how that shit works lol.
Well, the game is peer to peer, so there should be no stress in a match. Server stress should only affect matchmaking.

oooooooooooooooooh you cant even select the begginer's league when you pass a certain rank, its grayed out, so you actually CANT fuck around with newbies to troll, thats really cool.

I think it's pretty cool too, but I can see people making new profiles on PS4 to mess with new people out of pure boredom.

Darrenf

So it appears that GameStop Ireland are not getting the Deluxe Edition in stock even though you could pre-order it.

I had it on pre-order & was given the regular game, Character Pass & the 2 year warranty for €75 instead. The only problem is that I wasn't given the pre-order bonus codes so I'm currently on the phone trying to get that sorted out. Glad I was able to get the game however.

shaowebb

Calling it now. Monster Hunter will be kaijin no Soki from TVC 2.0

No reason to do the baller oni mode stuff though. Damn was it hype seeing that appear and dudes farming orbs to kill you with that forms super. Still...if MH is just the huge hitstun, range, and armor itll be good.

Anth0ny

I'm very interested in the prominent strategies in the early days when it comes to team composition/synergy.

Obviously the Marvel 3 point/assist/anchor doesn't fly anymore since we... don't have assists. Or 3 characters. Or level 3 X factor.

With combo breaking in the game, it seems like having that 2 bar insurance is something you want to have at all times if you can help it. I think teams will, at first, be built around easy meter building.

One early idea is using a super early in the combo, tagging and then continuing the combo to build meter back up. This way, you not only deal good damage, but build meter and set yourself up for an easy mixup after completing the combo. Also, hitting the super first allows you to deal solid damage before your opponent builds up 2 meters and can break out of your extended combo.

The next thing I'm considering is the importance of a high health, hard hitting, but low mobility character. It's still day 1, but it seems like these wide bodies are easily hitting 50-60% bread and butter combos already. Unlike the other marvel games, hard hitters now have an easier time then ever getting a hit because all you need is to land a hit with your (quicker?) team mate, then tag and continue the combo with your heavy hitter. Now the pressure is on your opponent: you want to let thanos hit that 60%? Or break and use those precious 2 meters? More over, these high health characters are going to stay alive longer, which means your team will have both characters alive for longer, which means the threat of combo break stays alive longer.

There is no level 3 xfactor. There is no get out of jail free card for your 2nd character when your first character is dead. Keeping both characters alive is going to be the key to team synergy, at least in the early days.

I'm also having a hard time getting a read on infinity stones. Nothing seems too good or too bad... yet. I think things will start to get really dirty when people start optimizing infinity storm combos and setups.

Top Bottom