• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does the space stone cube count as a wall for wall bounces?

does the space stone cube count as a wall for wall bounces?
I believe it does not.
Lol maybe it's been fixed internally for awhile and they're saving the patch for SSFV.
Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Spidey is too dope in this game

It's so funny that the gameplay and netcode is really good while only presentation and roster took a beating.
Makes sense considering those are the two areas Marvel could have the most influence in. No way Capcom is responsible for MvCI's looks just after SFV which looks great and animates even better.

Renkax

Going to play rank and my settings were any region and 4+. This morning I got no games and told me to lower down my preferred settings. I did get some games but when I went on training mode and activated Ranked mode games came like it was nothing lmaoc what is going

shaowebb

I know the early hotness is reality stone for the homing orb setups and pressure but im telling you now where its gonna go. The ability to either do special cancels into specials is essentially kof13 HD combos and itll be a major destroyer. The other destroyer is the meter building stone. It essentially gives you free reign to go ham on supers without losing your defensive tools to combo break. If they can setup a reset its 2 unscaled supers in one storm easily.

Mark my words that once guys learn their tag and reset setups these tools will be the scariest shit in a match. Overall, the time and mind stones will be top tier in my eyes.

sinkfla87

Going to sleep and when I wake up, my Amazon copy should be here. I hope you all are ready to get destroyed!!!*

* By pros because I'm going to get bodied by everyone here.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so when is the PC versoin supposed to be unlocked?

3 hours when the store updates, the "default" unlock time unless publishers specify

edit: SCR already counts for that Battle of the Stones tournament? Its one of the 6 stones in the trailer apparently. Also the website seems to list the finals will be in december.

MrMephistoX

The model for a lot of characters are right there.

They were in UMvC3.

MODO and Dr Light have dialogue in story mode though and animate
not saying that means they'll be in but more effort was put into their creation than Daredevil who literally just sits there motionless.

Neoxon

from the story mode, Venom, Monster Hunter, Black Phanter and Sigma are playable.

I find hard not to see that Meio its going to be DLC (maybe season 2) as an counterpart for Dr. Strange from Capcom.
I still doubt that Meio was part of the plan for S1. Granted, I do think a Capcom character did switch places with Black Widow to help with the number of females sooner, but I'm not sure if Meio was in S1 originally given his involvement in the story & how Capcom showed no restraint in showing off Meio like they did for Monster Hunter. Granted, they did show Black Panther & Sigma, but not without revealing that they were in Season 1 immediately afterwards.

This isn't to say that they can't add Meio later, but I don't think their original intention was to make Meio playable.

Grimsen

I just want to go home and try that spider man combo Justin was doing on his stream.

I wrote it down on my phone, I think I got it right.

J.hp , lp-lk-hp-hk-df.lk, kk zip, j.hp, lp-lk-hp-hk-df.lk, qcf+lk, d.hk, d.hp, SJ, j.hp, j.hk, land, s.hp, df.lk power stone, spider sting, maximum spider

Tirael

That is indeed weird, pretty much everyone expected parity for the roster size. Maybe they'll compensate by adding 4 Capcpom characters in the next pass.

I really hope that's the case, but it seems unlikely. Isn't there rumors that they could get X-men characters in there soon? They'll be playing catch-up as-is.

They shouldn't have gone all in on Avengers. If anything, this should have been 4 Capcom, 2 Marvel, then next season, 4 X-men.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I still doubt that Meio was part of the plan for S1. Granted, I do think a Capcom character did switch places with Black Widow to help with the number of females sooner, but I'm not sure if Meio was in S1 originally given his involvement in the story & how Capcom showed no restraint in showing off Meio like they did for Monster Hunter. Granted, they did show Black Panther & Sigma, but not without revealing that they were in Season 1 immediately afterwards.

This isn't to say that they can't add Meio later, but I don't think their original intention was to make Meio playable.

The problem with this is if they want to put more female character in. They could simply replace Winter Solider with Black Widow for season 1 but they didn't. Why is this?

Maybe Capcom character isn't ready?

Rhaknar

I don't think they go anything beyond replacing assets though. But yes, they are there.

just saying denuvo doesnt completely negate mods, thats all. Also, isnt asset replacement exactly the kind of mods we do want in Marvel? :eek:

I really hope that's the case, but it seems unlikely.

unlikely? so you think the character select screen will remain lopsided forever?

season 1 having 4 Marvel characters is the best thing that could have happened, its basically confirmation there will be a season 2 at the very least.

will probably buy eventually, but is the title real, only 4 female characters? damn,son

Season 1 will add at least two more.

We'll have binders full of them eventually.
just saying denuvo doesnt completely negate mods, thats all. Also, isnt asset replacement exactly the kind of mods we do want in Marvel? :eek:
People are crazy. Making up hundred page documents of proposed changes for characters and shit.

tribal24

Banned
Well gettting use to the layout this time around mission mode helped me get aqauinted with everything. My favorite stone so far is space the surge is pretty unpredictable. I noticed the mind stone grab can only be done in the ground kind of ruins it for me.

what? :eek:

now I need to know more lol
Ok maybe that was an exaggeration but Karst and Dahbomb have done a lot of guides and theory crafting in the past.

When the UMvC3 PC version came out, a mod immediately started to implement changes in the games to buff characters.

Rhaknar

Ok maybe that was an exaggeration but Karst and Dahbomb have done a lot of guides and theory crafting in the past.

When the UMvC3 PC version came out, a mod immediately started to implement changes in the games to buff characters.

ah I thought you meant in Tekken. Well, those types of mods (I saw people modify the new strider ult into umvc3, or SF5 for example has a bunch of mods to change moves) wouldnt work online right?

I just want cosmetic mods to work

Tirael

unlikely? so you think the character select screen will remain lopsided forever?

I thought they might add 2 more Capcom later, but that doesn't seem right either. I just have a really hard time imagining a 4 Capcom, 2 Marvel bundle. But I guess you're right.

Platy

Wait until you see DBFZ's male:female ratio

But the minority representation is horrendous. Marvel has stuck their necks out to give us chars like IronHeart. MvCI only gives us Black Panther and DBFZ only gives us Piccolo. Its disappointing.

You know it is sad when the green dude enters the minority quota

DBFZ actually has a valid reason for having a very low amount of female characters though

that toryama is a sexist sad little man ?

Perineum

I'm super happy to hear netcode is bad ass and gameplay is fun.

That's all I care about. Everything else in a fighter is just icing on the cake.

Top Bottom