• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

ah I thought you meant in Tekken. Well, those types of mods (I saw people modify the new strider ult into umvc3, or SF5 for example has a bunch of mods to change moves) wouldnt work online right?

I just want cosmetic mods to work
Don't think those will work.

Cosmetic mods/replacing sound mods will most definitely work though. I would be surprised if they didn't. It's UE4 afterall.

Neoxon

Wait until you see DBFZ's male:female ratio

But the minority representation is horrendous. Marvel has stuck their necks out to give us chars like IronHeart. MvCI only gives us Black Panther and DBFZ only gives us Piccolo. Its disappointing.
MvC’s minority ratios have (sadly) always been horrendous. Though granted, most of the non-white/asian options are on the Marvel side, & one of the most popular PoC characters (Storm) was locked behind the Fox ban. It kinda also speaks to how Capcom needs more racial diversity in their characters (Menat is a step in the right direction).

Let me put it this way, MvC2 had 2 black characters out of 56 (3 non-white/asian characters, including Dhalsim).

DBFZ actually has a valid reason for having a very low amount of female characters though
True, & we didn’t start to see that change until very recently with the Universal Survival arc.

seriously thinking about changing my button scheme to

LP - LK
HP - HK

resembles P4A's button scheme, plus the launcher will be in the same place as S from Marvel 3.

DrArchon

DBFZ actually has a valid reason for having a very low amount of female characters though

Hell, they even put in some extra effort and made a brand new female character just for DBFZ, probably because they knew that the male:female ratio was going to be jacked.

Marvel didn't even have to do that, they could've just brought back She-Hulk and it would've helped immensely.

Neoxon

Hell, they even put in some extra effort and made a brand new female character just for DBFZ, probably because they knew that the male:female ratio was going to be jacked.

Marvel didn't even have to do that, they could've just brought back She-Hulk and it would've helped immensely.
We still don’t know if 21 is playable, yet.

Sesha

The PoC situation is unlikely to improve by much. A lot of popular Capcom characters are either white, Japanese or not human. The Marvel side will be focused on the MCU and popular characters, which doesn't include a lot of PoC in major roles. You'll have to go for less popular characters to improve representation, but with the forces that are at play, that seems very unlikely.

Shame I'm not in charge. The roster would have had all the colors of the rainbow, and then some.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MVC: Infinite‏ @marvelvscapcom 10m10 minutes ago
More
The epic clash has begun, join the battle now! #MVCI is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC!

"now"

"PC"

:3

We still don’t know if 21 is playable, yet.
Let us pray to whichever gods grant wishes these days, please let Android 21 be playable.

She got a whole page in Famitsu, that's gotta mean something, right? RIGHT? She's gonna be a versatile, defense oriented character with frametraps and poison.

Really surprised they didn't put Ms. Marvel in the base roster or even DLC. One of the most popular new Marvel characters, plus her powers would make for a pretty interesting/unique moveset. She isn't an X-Men or in anyway related to the Fantastic Four. I'm holding off on getting this game for now, but if Ms. Marvel was there it woulda been day 1.

Seesaw15

Wait until you see DBFZ's male:female ratio

But the minority representation is horrendous. Marvel has stuck their necks out to give us chars like IronHeart. MvCI only gives us Black Panther and DBFZ only gives us Piccolo. Its disappointing.

You're probably joking but besides android 18 and 16 everyone in DBFZ is either Chinese, Japanese or an alien.

NotLiquid

Woah woah woah what
If you use Spencer's grapple on a grenade it delivers an explosive payload on hit?

Duuuuude that seems impractical but so goddamn hype lmao

Mesoian

Really surprised they didn't put Ms. Marvel in the base roster or even DLC. One of the most popular new Marvel characters, plus her powers would make for a pretty interesting/unique moveset. She isn't an X-Men or in anyway related to the Fantastic Four. I'm holding off on getting this game for now, but if Ms. Marvel was there it woulda been day 1.

Should have just given her most of Super Skrulls moveset.

Alas, Marvel seems pretty terrible at pushing Kamila Khan outside of comic books.

Bizazedo

Really surprised they didn't put Ms. Marvel in the base roster or even DLC. One of the most popular new Marvel characters, plus her powers would make for a pretty interesting/unique moveset. She isn't an X-Men or Fantastic Four. I'm holding off on getting this game for now, but if Ms. Marvel was there it woulda been day 1.

You know she'd be like Dhalsim / Skrull without the rest of the Fantastic Four powers. I don't know if that'd be good or bad.

I was about to argue about the most popular part, but you categorized it as new Marvel characters, which is right.

Ryce

Speaking of black characters, I think Falcon could be pretty interesting if he used Redwing like Nakoruru in KoF.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
What's the word on the visuals? Are the graphics really that lacking in person like reviews are saying?

Trickster

Or, you know, its just that the steam store needs to update.

But no clearly games never unlock when the store updates and this is YET ANOTHER sign of capcoms incompetence.

Dude they haven't even bothered to say anything about it yet. They literally made a tweet saying it's out on pc when it isn't

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What's the word on the visuals? Are the graphics really that lacking in person like reviews are saying?

I mean, there are a ton of videos and streams. Look at Max's stuff in 1080p and judge for yourself. For some its horrible apparently, for others its fine at best.

I dont think anyone thinks is amazing :p

Was watching Max's stream earlier and jesus, that one match with gamora/dorm was LIT AS FUCK.

:3

Skab

Dude they haven't even bothered to say anything about it yet. They literally made a tweet saying it's out on pc when it isn't

What the fuck are they supposed to say? Literally nothing unusual is going on here. It's normal practice for steam games to unlock when the store updates.

Do you want hem to hold your hand and tell you everything will be okay?

Jawmuncher

IMO not having a midnight release for Marvel was pretty dumb. Since SFV/RE7 had a midnight release. Pretty sure it doesn't cost anything to set up a midnight release. Just another sign of capcom incompetence.
Especially when the game released at midnight on both Xbox and PS4

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I mean, there are a ton of videos and streams. Look at Max's stuff in 1080p and judge for yourself. For some its horrible apparently, for others its fine at best.

I dont think anyone thinks is amazing :p
Fair enough I'll check out Max's stuff from last night.

JayEH

IMO not having a midnight release for Marvel was pretty dumb. Since SFV/RE7 had a midnight release. Pretty sure it doesn't cost anything to set up a midnight release. Just another sign of capcom incompetence.

Only released midnight on PS4.

Blueblur1

This is not a huge game like Destiny or CoD so a lack of a midnight release is appropriate, IMO.

Let us pray to whichever gods grant wishes these days, please let Android 21 be playable.

She got a whole page in Famitsu, that's gotta mean something, right? RIGHT? She's gonna be a versatile, defense oriented character with frametraps and poison.

If its like Persona 4 Arena, not only will the original character be playable but there will be two versions.

DKF590

Could have sworn the PC release was supposed to be 30 minutes ago, but maybe that was never confirmed. Do we have any news on the scheduled unlock time?

Rhaknar

Could have sworn the PC release was supposed to be 30 minutes ago, but maybe that was never confirmed. Do we have any news on the scheduled unlock time?

when the store updates in a hour and half, like most steam releases. From the moment it didnt unlock at midnight, that was the safest best.

Trickster

『Inaba Resident』;249322851 said:
Because its releasing at a normal ass time like a bunch of other steam games normally do.
Should they communicate more? Yes. Absolutely.
Is this cause for freaking out? No. The store hasn't even updated yet.

If the game has a normal ass release time. Then why doesn't it have a normal ass countdown to that time? Even random indie games that are coming out in an hour has it. Yet MvC:I doesn't have it? Nor can they even bother to confirm if it's actually coming out at the normal ass time, instead tweeting that it's out when it's not.

I'm sorry man, but they are failing at the providing the most basic information about when the pc version is actually gonna be playable.

Also it's not like you don't get midnight releases on steam, SF5 had one. Which they told us.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Speaking of black characters, I think Falcon could be pretty interesting if he used Redwing like Nakoruru in KoF.
Ooh, that'd be neat!

The graphics are... not amazing. There's a lack of polish and attention to detail to transitions and certain animations and similar stuff. Some backgrounds actually look really nice, though. Just... don't look at the character models or renders for too long.

The UI is bad tho.

NEO0MJ

Are you not familiar with ASW?

I think in this case it's more that in comparison to Arc's original fighters the DB universe was always in desperate need of female fighters and so creating a new female character only to make her non-playable feels like a waste.

Gumbie

Trying to decide between PC or PS4. Don't have friends playing on either platform so that's not a factor. Any thoughts to sway me one way or the other?

Rhaknar

Trying to decide between PC or PS4. Don't have friends playing on either platform so that's not a factor. Any thoughts to sway me one way or the other?

price? longevity? toaster?

Top Bottom