• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
for those that finished it, how easy / hard is the story mode? can one easily just ump into it first thing just to get it out of the way (aka to get the stages unlocked out of the way) or is it hard enough that you should have a basic understanding of the game first?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
for those that finished it, how easy / hard is the story mode? can one easily just ump into it first thing just to get it out of the way (aka to get the stages unlocked out of the way) or is it hard enough that you should have a basic understanding of the game first?

Couple awkward difficulty spikes. Last boss can be hard but has an obvious weakspot.

kewlmyc

Why would they make a new character and not make her playable

Why would Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator bring back Zappa and not make him playable? Why would Guitly Gear Xrd Revelator make a cool design and weapon set for the main villain of the story mode and not make her playable?

ASW works in mysterious ways.

Dahbomb

Almost 12 hours after release and so far it looks like the launch has been ... solid?

No server issues thus far, netcode seems to be rock solid, no weird glitches and bugs in the game, no other weirdness.

So far this looks miles ahead of SFV, SFXT and T7 as far as launch day woes go. People are playing and are having fun with no hiccups.

God damn Capcom has a diamond in the rough type game, they couldn't give it that extra presentation shine that would have made it a GOAT VS game.

NEO0MJ

Trying to decide between PC or PS4. Don't have friends playing on either platform so that's not a factor. Any thoughts to sway me one way or the other?

If you having a gaming PC and your friends platform of choice is of no concern I can't imagine a reason not to go PC. Better graphics, less input lag, potential for some soft modding (due to denuvo our modding options are limited for now) and it's cheaper.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why would Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator bring back Zappa and not make him playable? Why would Guitly Gear Xrd Revelator make a cool design and weapon set for the main villain of the story mode and not make her playable?

Zappa isnt playable in Revelator? Aw man :(

I love Capcom. But i'll call them out all the same.

DKFBlE9VoAAjtRX.jpg

tariniel

I bought this on gamesplanet just to lock in the $40 price, since they have a 14-day refund policy if I don't actually redeem the game. Going to watch a lot of streams and talk to my friends that are in on day 1 to see if I want to keep it or not.

I would really like it if people started to mod the PC version to allow me to remove voices and potentially change up the UI. I'm also concerned about the netcode cross-country (California to New Jersey, which is what I'd be playing 90% of the time).

It also feels really bad that I can't think of a team that I want to play since all of the characters I played in Marvel 3 are gone (Skrull, Doom, Wesker, Deadpool, Wolverine, Vergil, Iron Fist, Taskmaster). People joke about functions but I don't know which characters in Infinite play like any of the ones I mentioned. If anyone knows I'd appreciate the info.

Dahbomb

You can try out Gammora and Nova. You seem to like the basic, straightforward type character with a little bit of zoning thrown in so those characters fit the bill. You just need to learn air dashing with Nova a bit but once you get that it's smooth sailing from there.

I wonder if premium costumes - like what NetherRealm is doing with Injustice 2 - are an option. You have Black Lightning and Raiden sharing moves and properties but with obviously different visual characteristics. It could go a long way to efface the roster/inclusion problem and be offered separately of DLC characters to really (finally) give the game some good press regarding the roster.

There are a lot of good alts I can think of off of the top of my head that could be made on both sides -

Ryu::Sakura
Nemesis::Jack Baker w/ Shovel or Anakaris
Morrigan::Q-Bee
Strider::Tong Pooh or Hien
Haggar::Zangief
Chun-li - Ayame (Power Stone)

Iron Man::IronHeart
Spider-Man::Miles Morales
Rocket Racoon/Groot::Howard the Duck/ISO
Captain Marvel or Nova::Ms. Marvel
Thor::Jane Foster
Captain America::Sam Wilson

And Im sure there are plenty others Im not thinking about without removing characters people actually want to see be independent playable characters (She-Hulk)

40 minutes to do patches before I can play the damn disc I bought

The future is now! One thing I hate the most about consoles getting better. PS360 was just brutal for this.

I wonder if premium costumes - like what NetherRealm is doing with Injustice 2 - are an option. You have Black Lightning and Raiden sharing moves and properties but with obviously different visual characteristics. It could go a long way to efface the roster/inclusion problem and be offered separately of DLC characters to really (finally) give the game some good press regarding the roster.

There are a lot of good alts I can think of off of the top of my head that could be made on both sides -

And Im sure there are plenty others Im not thinking about without removing characters people actually want to see be independent playable characters (She-Hulk)

Some of your suggestions are way too drastic regarding body type and abilities. Do any of the Premium skins in Injustice actually change the hit boxes?

brian!

yay unpacking
lemme know if anyone wants to play!

oops what I mean is let me know if anyone wants to play after the 24 hour unpacking period!!....maybe i should just redownload it lol

Neoxon

Kamala is nothing like Carol or Richard. If you mean classic Ms. Marvel, that’d be a regular costume for Carol. Sam Alexander would make sense for Nova, & Spider-Gwen would make more sense for Spidey (Miles actually has unique powers, unlike Gwen).

haven't played much of injustice 2 or killer instinct online but I haven't seen a laggy ass match and I've been fiending streams. Whatever bouts of lag that occur probably won't be at fault of the servers or netcode and on the players.

Shit plays like I'm offline tbh

Story is nonsense. The encounter design makes no narrative sense.
"Oh shit, Thor, the actual God of Thunder himself, under evil influence by Ultron Sigma? Uh, Hawkeye, King Arthur, ya'll got this right?"

Rhaknar

So, why isn't there cross play between PC/Xbox or PS4/PC for MvC:I exactly?

Sony doesnt like to play nice if it involves xbox

Joe‏Verified account @thisislijoe 8m8 minutes ago
More
Wait wait wait...

If you hold the tag button during soul stone activation the other character won't do anything. That opens up the world!

So, why isn't there cross play between PC/Xbox or PS4/PC for MvC:I exactly?

Probably the same reason other fighting games don't do it.

I believe you need to maintain your own servers like Capcom does with SF5 in order to have cross play. And, while it's cool for PS4 players and PC players to be able to fight each other in SF5, it comes with it's own set of problems.

Durden77

Man like I mentioned before, this game is a huge hit with my casual buds. I wasn't sure how the auto combo was going to pan out, but it turns out it was a really smart addition. Lets everyone have legit fun by just mashing square and tagging. So much better of an addition than that simple mode crap in MvC3.

Now I'm back home though, so it's time to get to work. To the real shit.

nded

I wouldn't mind at all if Capcom go a bit further and just make some good old-fashioned palette swaps. Make some appropriate changes to Ryu's character model, change some move properties, some new hyper combos and bam you got Ken. They could call them EX skins or whatever.

SaikyoBro

If you hold the tag button during soul stone activation the other character won't do anything. That opens up the world!

As in they're revived but they don't come in on-screen?

I thought the whole downside of the Soul Storm was that you could get happy birthdayed, otherwise it honestly makes more sense to me to almost only ever revive the other char without risking having them both on-screen at once.

Rhaknar

even at 25megs a sec, its still gonna take 1 hour to DL. Maybe I should have preloaded >_>

As in they're revived but they don't come in on-screen?

I thought the whole downside of the Soul Storm was that you could get happy birthdayed, otherwise it honestly makes more sense to me to almost only ever revive the other char without risking having them both on-screen at once.

I think he means he will stand there so you can jump with just the point character for example?

Dahbomb

Joe‏Verified account @thisislijoe 8m8 minutes ago
More
Wait wait wait...

This is the game that keeps on giving!

Capcom using Sony/XB servers over their wack ass servers was one of the better decisions they made for the game. If we were still on CFN, then no one would be playing the game today.

Surprised that they made the game this functional without even a beta.

Nephtes

What does Sony have to do with this?
I'm not advocating CrossPlay between PS4/XOne.
That'd be cool...but why not CrossPlay like Rocket League has where Xbox/PC and PS4/PC play together.

Expand the player base...

So I reiterate: what does Sony have to do with cross play MvC:I?
This isn't SFV where they paid for it to not exist on Xbox...

Thank God I put this on the SSD or unpacking this game would take like half a day I bet.

The wait is excruciating. I just hope there isn't a big fuck off patch after the unpack.

Got the game downloaded and it's attempting to unpack and throwing up an error about being out of disk space. :/

I "THINK" you need more than half of the game as spare on a hard drive for the unpack, so something like at least 27 gig free?

nded

So is Chun charge at all in this game?

I think you get different versions of kikouken and SBK if you use the charge inputs.

So they can get you hyped to buy the next retail revision.

Rhaknar

What does Sony have to do with this?
I'm not advocating CrossPlay between PS4/XOne.
That'd be cool...but why not CrossPlay like Rocket League has where Xbox/PC and PS4/PC play together.

Expand the player base...

So I reiterate: what does Sony have to do with cross play MvC:I?
This isn't SFV where they paid for it to not exist on Xbox...

if a game is multiplat, if one of the companies doesnt want crossplay, u cant have any crossplay. Or so the word on the street goes.

Top Bottom