• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
motherfuckers i've been calling MonHun one of the first DLC release along with Panther for weeks!

the "no they announced panther and sigma first so those are the first dlc" was the new "no venom because they said new characters" :p

edit: we still dont actually know who the first DLC are technically tho so Ill still probably eat crow lol :D

MVC: Infinite‏Verified account @marvelvscapcom 3h3 hours ago
More
Quest complete! Watch the gameplay trailer for Monster Hunter, who joins the fight later this year in #MVCI!

"later this year" whatever that means in Capcom's fucked up marketing. October is technically later this year I guess >_>

NEO0MJ

Had to laugh when the game froze for a bit and the players just stood there not sure what to do.
Just had a problem myself yesterday in story mode when the game suffered from slowdown for a few seconds, even though it was a regular 2v2.

Reality stone doing a good job of making this WNF take forever and be dull to watch

Yeah, it's the most boring to watch right now and really halts the pace of the match.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reality stone is easily the biggest noob crutch in the game right now. I should know, I can barely win without it :/

shaowebb

Isn't she kinda similar to Soki from Tatsunoko ?
Her great sword form and hyper armor are reminiscent but there are a ton of faster multihit tools on MH tthan Soki. Soki had some good armored long range pokes and wall bounce stuff. Aint nothin like Oni mode cept Oni mode though. Theres a running gag that Soki is from Dynasty Warriors due to TVC announcer goof that took off. Even a twitch emote of Soki comes up with Lu Bu as the input on the tvc tourney twitch stream lol.

Good times.

Rhaknar

so that red armor move she does in the trailer, it seems to make her unstopble (juggernaut reference!) rigt? shes taking Thanos super in the face which is a multi hit thing, plus Jedah smacking her, and she just keeps going.

That cant be healthy for your life bar but its kinda neat lol

Piccoro

What are the chances that the Marvel Netflix cast appears in this game? Iron Fist appears in a poster in the background, but will he return to MvC?

I love all the series, and today's The Punisher trailer got me hyped. I would love to play as Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and they could use some of the Punisher's moves from Capcom's 1993 game...

Wait wait wait.

Fanatiq is back

Sanford Kelly likes the game

Spooky is back in NY

Takes the sting out of Yipes moving but even that might be a positive.
So happy for the competitive scene.

Need to catch up with Next Level and WNF. Sonuds like they were good from posts in here.

Is Spooky back permanently?

Rhaknar

watching SonicFOX vs LiJoe, and the comentators said "one thing thats different about this game is you cannot up back"

wait wait wait... is that why I kept getting hit in the air last night in my sets with Zero? how do you block in the air then?

Rhaknar

RayRay's Gamora

XTbCBEm.gif

Tried playing online with a friend on PC last night. It was laggy and we're about 30 miles away. =/ Slowly starting to regret my purchase on PC. Anyone have a similar experience? Didn't try ranked/player matches yet.

Rhaknar

Tried playing online with a friend on PC last night. It was laggy and we're about 30 miles away. =/ Slowly starting to regret my purchase on PC. Anyone have a similar experience? Didn't try ranked/player matches yet.

might be a problem with lobbies is the word on the street

Linari

Neo Member
watching SonicFOX vs LiJoe, and the comentators said "one thing thats different about this game is you cannot up back"

wait wait wait... is that why I kept getting hit in the air last night in my sets with Zero? how do you block in the air then?

You can still air block, but you cannot block during your pre-jump frames (upbacking while on the ground).

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House

The other day was great for me, but more and more are talking about the PC version being wonky over the past day or so. Thinking something broke, as the matchmaking was weird when I was playing too.

Rhaknar

The other day was great for me, but more and more are talking about the PC version being wonky over the past day or so. Thinking something broke, as the matchmaking was weird when I was playing too.

my experience has been:

Matchmaking via search fails half the time. But if I sit in training, I get matched up in 10 seconds.

Matchmaking matches are basically lag free, but lobby matches were laggy half the time (I played like 35 matches with Zero and some were VERY rough).

So I'm leaning more towards something being broke than netcode being bad. Especially with more people saying they get lag in lobby matches.

I-hate-u

Wait wait wait.

Fanatiq is back

Sanford Kelly likes the game

Spooky is back in NY

Takes the sting out of Yipes moving but even that might be a positive.
So happy for the competitive scene.

Need to catch up with Next Level and WNF. Sonuds like they were good from posts in here.

All we need is Viscant the pure one.

Also shame Combo is a Capcom employee now, he's my fav Marvel player.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
my experience has been:

Matchmaking via search fails half the time. But if I sit in training, I get matched up in 10 seconds.

Matchmaking matches are basically lag free, but lobby matches were laggy half the time (I played like 35 matches with Zero and some were VERY rough).

So I'm leaning more towards something being broke than netcode being bad. Especially with more people saying they get lag in lobby matches.

Yea, out of my 40 some odd games on Tuesday, 38 felt offline with very few hitches and 2 were rough as hell. Will check it out later today.

Ryce

Can anyone tell me when the original DLC exhibition announcement for TGS was supposed to originally take place? Was it the 23rd?
There was never going to be a DLC exhibition, to my knowledge. The TGS site simply said that DLC character(s) would be playable on the show floor, which we now know is referring to Monster Hunter.

Rhaknar

Yea, out of my 40 some odd games on Tuesday, 38 felt offline with very few hitches and 2 were rough as hell. Will check it out later today.

just sat in training again to test it out, got a match after 20 secs or so (however long it takes to do a couple of Hulk into Thanos combos I guess lol). I cant choose beginners league anymore so left it at Ranked.

My other experience was that casual matches were easier to find.

If you test manual searches and just sitting in training waiting for matches on your stream it would be lovely Max, if only so we have something to "show" Capcom that there might be a problem. Also lobbies to see if they are laggy, im sure you can easily get some people from chat to join a lobby you make to test it out.

NotLiquid

Is it possible to combo into Spidey's ultimate web throw or is it just basically an aerial grab?

It'd be so hype to do some crazy tag set ups into it but that doesn't seem possible from what I've tried.

I give up. Captain America's mission 10 can go fuck itself.

watched the two videos he had, didn't seem like he could get it either. That makes me feel better lol
Stuck on the same trial bro, quite possible the hardest one this game has.
Aris wasn't able to pull it off either, someone told me Floe did it yesterday on his stream after like 15 minutes trying but I haven't checked yet as I am heading out for work.
Should find any lead on how to crack this elusive trial send me PM please as I won't have much time today during the day to look for tips or videos.

Rhaknar

Stuck on the same trial bro, quite possible the hardest one this game has.
Aris wasn't able to pull it off either, someone told me Floe did the yesterday on his stream after like 15 minutes trying but I haven't checked yet as I am heading out for work.
Should find any lead on how to crack this elusive trial send me PM please as I won't have much time today during the day to look for tips or videos.

I took one look at the Hawkeye mission 10 after mission 9 took me ages and nope'ed out of there instantly.

SnakeEyez

People struggling with these trials makes me feel better lol.

Just saw the MH trailer, she's perfect. She's as close to a 1:1 translation as I could hope for. She even has (what looks like) the Evade skill dodge

NEO0MJ

Is it possible to combo into Spidey's ultimate web throw or is it just basically an aerial grab?

It'd be so hype to do some crazy tag set ups into it but that doesn't seem possible from what I've tried.

I think you can't as it's a true grab. You can learn how to set up your opponent to get caught by it, though.

Jaeger

After a few hours running matched last night with a friend, I've come to the conclusion I really like this game. It feels good. Very responsive and tight controls.

I do not care got half the cast but honestly what's new? It's not like I was dying to play Silver Samurai or the have you in the past.

I have been gravitating towards Gamora and Thanos as of now. Can't wait got the DLC characters both known and unknown. I definitely wanna get my hands on Sigma, Venom and Black Panther.

Rhaknar

oof got wrecked by a gamora/nemesis. Dont know how to deal with either.

Nemesis armor is a complete scrub killer because im a scrub and I start all my combos with light hits. And Gamora is, well, Gamora.

If I thought the game would get constant updates, I would bet good money on Gamora being the first one hit with the nerf bat. Its ridiculous how many safe shots she can do to get on you. Like, I cant even get Hulk's charge off, thos etiny pellets just knock me out of it, and thats just silly.

Bronx-Man

Banned
What are the chances that the Marvel Netflix cast appears in this game? Iron Fist appears in a poster in the background, but will he return to MvC?

I love all the series, and today's The Punisher trailer got me hyped. I would love to play as Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and they could use some of the Punisher's moves from Capcom's 1993 game...
I was shocked as hell Iron Fist got cut because I thought anyone from Ultimate that popped up in the MCU was a lock for Infinite.

jett

D-Member
People talk shit about the characters in this game looking bad but all the original ones look great and have great animations.

It really is the new marvel 2 with ugly morrigan and slick ass cable.

Hopefully they do another pass on the mvc3 crew to polish them all up but honestly from a distance during a fight everything looks fine. And the stages look great.

During gameplay this game looks great, even with the reused MvC3 animation for some characters.

Sesha

Monster Hunter looks fab. Should've been in the base game.

*sigh* They got me. I'll be following this game until it dies. I desperately want to see more DLC. I really, really want Lady, Gene, Regina and BoF characters.

Rhaknar

Gimme my MonHun waifu fast Capcom, maybe then I can armor through these fucking Gamoras ARGH.

Yes im salty :3

Village

*sigh* They got me. I'll be following this game until it dies. I desperately want to see more DLC. I really, really want Lady, Gene, Regina and BoF characters.
I think your best chance at BOF characters would be on the base roster

NotLiquid

Really bums me out that poor PR, roster management and poor art style, especially in the wake of DBZF, completely soured the word of mouth on the game because the more I think about it, the only thing MvC3 has over MvCI is art style and character roster.

Like, the more I think about it the more I realize MvCI does just about everything better than MvC3 ever did. Netcode, game play, content, online functionality, etc. It's the most fun fighting game I've played in years, and I hope to god that they'll redeem themselves in future seasons. I'm excited about new content.

If I buy the game and season pass, do I get the same things that I would do if I bought the physical deluxe version, minus the steelbook obviously?

patchday

I don't think it has ever happened to me that after 5-6 hours on a fighting i have yet to find a character that i really enjoy playing

I have absolutely no idea why, game is doing nothing for me :(

winning against other players is fun or at least meeting some goal. After losing my first two online matches I stopped focusing on winning and made some goals-

1st goal was like this- 'I'll make sure to block. Just focusing on blocking'
Next goal was like, 'I'll make sure to at least K.O. one of the opponents characters'
Then another goal was, 'I'll make sure to pull off my combo I've been practicing against an opponent and punish their whiffs'

Finally I was able to bring it all together to get a win. The devs were kind of right--- in the end these fighters are a toolbox we have to learn to utilize online. I simply do not fathom you cannot find a fun fighter when 'fun' is actually overcoming a challenge and succeeding. Even though I started off losing my matches I still had fun cause I was meeting my 'goals'

Top Bottom