• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | Losing Faith Inhumanity

Boem

I love that nobody, from writing the script to the actual day on set, realized (or cared enough) that the electric clippers made no sense at all. Couldn't they just grab some scissors and call them magic moon scissors or something?

Also, what the hell was up with that title sequence? Lockjaw looked like one of those animated Facebook Emoji's. Baffling.

jrush64

Banned
Just finished this. Yeah I thought it was alright and I'm definitely watching next week. It's not close to being as bad as you are all making it seem.

The fight choreography is hilarious and awkward looking though.

Definitely not watching anymore of this, it's downright terrible. Everything about it was just bad (Camera cuts, fight choreography, poor plot structure, inconsistent use and bad explanation of what their powers are, etc.). The only somewhat redeemable quality was Karnak. I can't believe this show got far enough along to actually get on television.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just finished this. Yeah I thought it was alright and I'm definitely watching next week. It's not close to being as bad as you are all making it seem.

I don't think there was any choreography at all.

I'm in for the whole god damn run though.

Holy shit, the part where Black Bolt accidentally kills his parents.

"why"

*SPLAT*

ZifvcsS.gif

Edit:

I thought maybe it'll have some use as a reaction gif or something :'D

waKaX8Z.gif

dseed

Neo Member

Fully agree with this sentiment. Definitely can not be called good but also definitely not a dumpster fire. Will probably watch the full 8 episodes.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is it at least "So Bad It's Good" kind of bad?

Zoo is so bad that it's good. This is so rushed and sloppy that it can't even reach that level of ridiculous to make it fun.

Black Bolt flips a car with his voice. All the cops see it. They continue to treat him like a regular prisoner during booking. Okay, SHIELD and The Avengers exist in this world. But they have no reaction to him destroying a vehicle? But when he breaks out of his handcuffs, the entire station points their guns at him? But then everyone cools down and he's booked like he's getting a DUI? It's just nonsense. Every scene is like that.

You guys might be laughing now, but in 5 years I predict people will proclaim the fifth season of Marvel's Inhumans as one of the best seasons of superhero tv. (By the way, I'm terrible at predictions.)

RS4-

You guys might be laughing now, but in 5 years I predict people will proclaim the fifth season of Marvel's Inhumans as one of the best seasons of superhero tv. (By the way, I'm terrible at predictions.)

Buy me a powerball ticket.

Even though I said I'm in for the season...now I'm not so sure. That shit was bad.

Boem

My honest reaction: it was really bad, but more watchable than Iron Fist for me. This had more funny bad scenes for me, as opposed to Iron Fist's purely boring bad scenes (that was here as well of course). There was a lot more here to make fun of for us.

But not enough for 6 more hours. I salute the brave souls that will continue, but I just can't. Life's too short. But I can't lie, we were definitely entertained while watching it. Just not for the reasons the creators intended.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Caught both episodes this morning. It's "watchable" but it's pretty bad.

Rheon is the best of the cast and I really wished we got Maximus the Mad.

Black Bolt flips a car with his voice. All the cops see it. They continue to treat him like a regular prisoner during booking. Okay, SHIELD and The Avengers exist in this world. But they have no reaction to him destroying a vehicle? But when he breaks out of his handcuffs, the entire station points their guns at him? But then everyone cools down and he's booked like he's getting a DUI? It's just nonsense. Every scene is like that.

No one's actions on this show makes sense. It's ridiculous.

Pachimari

Eh, it's not that bad. The first episode was joyful to watch, but it goes downhill with the second episode. Definitely in for the rest of the season.

Cuburt

Our collective hate-watch did inhumans no favors

Fast-Demo-2017-Sep-29.FRI_.png

This certainly isn't a good sign for a premiere of a new show, but isn't this similar to what AoS had been doing in ratings?

3.9 Million and 0.9 18-49 is better than most of AoS Season 4 and this is on a Friday night
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/marvels-agents-shield-season-four-ratings/

Not that those numbers are even anything to brag about, but at the very least, this seems to suggest it's carried over the same Marvel fanbase from AoS. It should be interesting to see how DVR ratings fare and if they have any improvement in the Same +3 day numbers due to leading right into the weekend where I think more people might have time to watch TV.

Kaizer

Banned
Man, I've watched the first hour so far on DVR......I don't think I have the strength to make it through a 2nd hour of this. Show's a DEFINITE pass for me - yikes!

Part of me hopes that ratings stay solid because that would likely help AoS when it returns.

SHIELD's days are numbered. We already know ABC wanted to get rid of it and Disney mandated to keep it going. Ratings didn't really improve last season. Now ABC has moved it to a Friday Night Deathslot and I doubt it'll continue past season 5.

SHIELD's days are numbered. We already know ABC wanted to get rid of it and Disney mandated to keep it going. Ratings didn't really improve last season. Now ABC has moved it to a Friday Night Deathslot and I doubt it'll continue past season 5.

Ashame the ratings didn't improve, last season was mostly fantastic.

Volimar

There's an Inhuman clairvoyant in this show and now all I can think about is Civil War II.

Damn you, Inhumans!

Yep. If this had been a film it could have intro'd into Civil War 2. Not that I want that garbage on the big screen, but still.

ZeoVGM

Banned

There were "some" at ABC who wanted to cancel it. Nothing there was a done deal and the article states that as if there was debate. But then Disney came down and said, "Nope."

So while we can say their days were numbered, people thought that in season 3 and especially in season 4 and it survived. If the fanbase follows it to Fridays and it gives ABC a good performer on that night, who knows?

AoS is a show that the fans will fight for and clearly, Disney finds value in it as well.

Just got around to watching this. It’s not even that the show is bad, which it is, but more than anything it’s just incredibly boring.

There were "some" at ABC who wanted to cancel it. Nothing there was a done deal and the article states that as if there was debate. But then Disney came down and said, "Nope."

So while we can say their days were numbered, people thought that in season 3 and especially in season 4 and it survived. If the fanbase follows it to Fridays and it gives ABC a good performer on that night, who knows?

AoS is a show that the fans will fight for and clearly, Disney finds value in it as well.

I hope so, because it found its true potential last season IMO. They just have to continue that formula and have SHIELD teaming up with a badass Marvel hero every season.

Nyanmaruz

Bruh did they actually
killed off Triton...?
Not that it really matters since Triton looks fucking garbage.

Top Bottom