• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
DY_nasty said:
Yeah I know, but they'll give you breaks before each wave to regroup and snatch heat sinks. Use those chances to reposition.

Also, I think that Mordin is pretty much useless in all but the most unique scenarios... If you can cryo the hordes then go for it but UGH I hate him.

Hahahahaha, I ended up gaming the system. The left part was perfect though, it gave me a chance to aggro the baddies. I now have no heavy weapons or medigel so I might be screwed for the next mission, but oh well.
(They really should at least let you replenish that stuff after you finish a mission. Bah).

Mordin's incinerate saved my ass though. Tremendously useful against armor!

can anyone point me in the direction of list of
the Advanced training skills shepard can get
been looking everywhere havent seen anything

Diebuster

Dreams-Visions said:
hate to ask an old question, but now that most people have it, maybe more thoughts are floating around:

PC players -
are you using KB&M or a controller? I found the KB&M a bit cumbersome. I wanted to know if it was just me and that will go away eventually, or if controller is the way to go.

KB&M. I haven't had any problems with the controls, but I also played ME1 the same way.

Talon

Darvan said:
I had a question on the Xbox 360 does this game seem really dark? I went into the options and the brightness settings says the "N" and "7" should be visible. I wanted to know your guys thoughts .
I bumped my brightness setting up because the game looked dark. It doesn't help that some of the earlier areas are dark by design, though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Where the fuck have my Shepard's eye lashes gone?!

epmode

Dreams-Visions said:
PC players - [/B]are you using KB&M or a controller? I found the KB&M a bit cumbersome. I wanted to know if it was just me and that will go away eventually, or if controller is the way to go.
I don't think the game has any pad support at all. It's kind of a strange decision, especially since this port is somehow less PC-friendly than the outsourced port of ME1. Can't believe that the goddamned scroll wheel doesn't work in text boses, not to mention how often double-click doesn't do anything and you're forced to move the mouse to the Confirm button.

Darvan said:
Yes, I have my TV calibrated perhaps I'll change the 360 to use standard instead of enhanced. Although when you goto the options is your "N" visible ?
I'd try that, sure. It's just...are you sure it's calibrated properly? like, with a gray scale?

because if it is, you shouldn't need to change anything on the 360.

just make sure you see all the shades of gray and black with a grayscale test. you can google a jpeg, put it on a USB drive and load the picture on your 360. if you see all the proper shades, you'll be good. if not, your setup might be crushing blacks and might need some tuning.

epmode said:
I don't think the game has any pad support at all. It's kind of a strange decision, especially since this port is somehow less PC-friendly than the outsourced port of ME1. Can't believe that the goddamned scroll wheel doesn't work in text boses, not to mention how often double-click doesn't do anything and you're forced to move the mouse to the Confirm button.
you're right. no controller option at all.

and that was that. I better get used to it. :lol

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Dreams-Visions said:
hate to ask an old question, but now that most people have it, maybe more thoughts are floating around:

PC players -
are you using KB&M or a controller? I found the KB&M a bit cumbersome. I wanted to know if it was just me and that will go away eventually, or if controller is the way to go.
This is my first time playing the game with KB&M, not bad at all I have to say. I played the first with Xpadder and my DualShock3 ... don't need it anymore.

Darklord

Banned
God, EA are cheap. One of the biggest games of the year can disk 2 comes in a paper slip case. I thought we were past that awful trend.

Edit: Oh and Yay! I finally got it!

How far into the game is
Horizon? I just did that, recruited Tali, and did the Jacob daddy issues sidequest.

I hope I have a lot left.

GWX

Damn, this game looks good on PC, but I'm afraid my GTS250 won't handle this game well with some forced AA - I mean, it is already dropping to ~40fps in some areas - and that hurts because I really appreciate a clean IQ (of the main reasons why I became a PC gamer). And no, I won't lock my framerate to 30fps. I prefer 40+ than solid 30.

Darklord said:
God, EA are cheap. One of the biggest games of the year can disk 2 comes in a paper slip case. I thought we were past that awful trend.

Edit: Oh and Yay! I finally got it!

Wow really? I've only ever seen that done with the fourth disc of Lost Odyssey.

Darvan

Dreams-Visions said:
I'd try that, sure. It's just...are you sure it's calibrated properly? like, with a gray scale?

because if it is, you shouldn't need to change anything on the 360.

just make sure you see all the shades of gray and black with a grayscale test. you can google a jpeg, put it on a USB drive and load the picture on your 360. if you see all the proper shades, you'll be good. if not, your setup might be crushing blacks and might need some tuning.

Yes I'm sure it's pro-calibrated using the gear etc. Honestly it may be this game but do let me know when you goto the brightness settings if you see what I'm talking about.

hayama987

Pretty angry right now, was about 5 hours into game and seems I get to start over. Got a message mid battle something about profile change and then it kicked me out of game. Seems it never auto saved even though it was turned on and now all I have is new game option. Anyone else had this shit happen or maybe I'm missing something and do have a save?

So has anyone experienced wierd AI glitches with your friendly npc/teammates?

It tends to happen most often on bigger multi-tiered areas where my squad will get stuck on the bottom floor while I am fighting on the top floor...and I have to go back down and kinda lead them up....

Doesn't happen alot but it happens sometimes...wtf bioware.

hayama987 said:
Pretty angry right now, was about 5 hours into game and seems I get to start over. Got a message mid battle something about profile change and then it kicked me out of game. Seems it never auto saved even though it was turned on and now all I have is new game option. Anyone else had this shit happen or maybe I'm missing something and do have a save?

what?! that doesn't even make sense

smik

im loving the atmosphere in ME2 they have really created such a great artistic design, everything feels fresh you can hardly tell its UE3

Bioware is the only developer that knows how to create a good looking UE3 game.

im at the collector ship, omg its awesome :p

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Dreams-Visions said:
you're right. no controller option at all.

and that was that. I better get used to it. :lol

You don't have to, get xpadder thats how I play! The double click, and no scroll issue is disturbing still...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
smik said:
im loving the atmosphere in ME2 they have really created such a great artistic design, everything feels fresh you can hardly tell its UE3

Bioware is the only developer that knows how to create a good looking UE3 game.

im at the collector ship, omg its awesome :p

DICE anyone?

DrBo42

Okay how the hell do I enable AA in the PC version? I'm using an Nvidia card. Also if answered, can we add it to the OP?

hayama987

Fixed2BeBroken said:
what?! that doesn't even make sense
ya who fucking knows, I hit new game and for a second I was back at the fight I was doing, then it kinda froze for a second and then went back to normal new game stuff. Exact dialog says "A sign-in change occured. Sign out of your gamer profile to continue" then it kicked me out of game and no auto saves

edit - just did it again at the title screen, made me restart the game, wtf is this shit?

TheExodu5

Banned
HK-47 said:
DICE anyone?

DICE did use a different lighting engine though (the weakest link in UE3).

So...is there any way to get the weapon that came with EB/Gamestop pre-orders besides well having pre-ordered there? Have they released any plans to sell it as DLC? That weapon looks so awesome.

DrBo42 said:
Okay how the hell do I enable AA in the PC version? I'm using an Nvidia card. Also if answered, can we add it to the OP?

Use nHancer with compatibility profile 080100C5: Unreal Engine 3.

DrBo42 said:
Do I have to rename the exe anything?

Nope.

If you're using the Steam version make sure you set the Executable to MassEffect2.exe and the Launcher to Steam.exe.

Here I took some screens of what it should look like:

nhancer1.png

nhancer2.png

careksims

Love the KB/Mouse set-up. Nice using the mouse during the hacking game where you connect the dots.

Darn you
Tali! We were gonna' link suits with my fem Shepard! Love her babbling

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm really, really enjoying ME2, but I can't help but hate that they removed some of the "quirks" or "features" in the first. I didn't love the Mako, but I did like landing on planets and seeing the terrain, the different skies, the meteor showers. I sure as hell don't think the Galaxy Map needed to be changed (seriously, it's so tedious now, I need a patch to remove that stupid flying). And, well, I miss hacking to get something other than credits. Quests, Codex entries, that kind of stuff.

remz

Getting weird sound glitches on the PC version. seems slightly out of sync and conversations are getting cut short before lines finish properly. Any ideas?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
DrBo42 said:
Do I have to rename the exe anything?

Edit: Thank you.
get nHancer, search its profiles for Unreal Tournament III. In the executable add MassEffect2.exe and you're done.

Check the Anti-aliasing box, put it at a setting you want, then play.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
A couple more tweaks for the PC.

1. To disable the Bioware/EA movies, go to (C:) -> game folder -> BioGame -> Movies and add '.old' on the ends of BWLogo.bik and ME_EAsig_720p_v2_raw.bik. So you end up with:

BWLogo.bik.old
ME_EAsig_720p_v2_raw.bik.old

Upon booting, you'll now go straight to the 'Press Any Key' screen, pretty much instantaneously.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
remz said:
Getting weird sound glitches on the PC version. seems slightly out of sync and conversations are getting cut short before lines finish properly. Any ideas?

That was a common problem with the torrented version apparently. I dont know if there is a fix.

remz

HK-47 said:
That was a common problem with the torrented version apparently. I dont know if there is a fix.
My version isn't torrented, I bought it from an aussie retailer this morning. If it helps I seem to be having sound issues with all UE3 games, Mirrors Edge's cutscenes are no where near synced, and I had this problem in Me1 as well.

Kraut

I can't get over how fucking perfect Thane's voice is. His backstory and situation is reflected so well, I don't think it's a stretch to say that Wrex has been out done.

bigswords

HK-47 said:

So is he a pirate? Must he be destroyed? I dont have that issue. But I do have my team mates sliding around during conversations.

bigswords

remz said:
My version isn't torrented, I bought it from an aussie retailer this morning. If it helps I seem to be having sound issues with all UE3 games, Mirrors Edge's cutscenes are no where near synced, and I had this problem in Me1 as well.

What's your sound card? Realtek?

Olivero

Holy crap @ (WARNING MAJOR SPOILER DO NOT CLICK LIKE OTHER POOR SOULS)
collectors being protheans!!!

My God this game is amazing.

Olivero

Cep said:
I was not that surprised, but yes, this game is amazing.

How where you not surprised? I'm usually really good at calling stuff. That one caught me completely off guard however.
I assume this means the abduction of the human colonies means that the Reapers plan on the same thing for humanity (I guess because we're labeled as genetically diverse compared to the other species.)

ZeroRay

Olivero said:
Holy crap @
collectors being protheans!!!

My God this game is amazing.

God damn it!

That's what I get for my perpetual habit of highlighting pages.

Einbroch said:
Am I the only one who think Grunt looks amazing? I hated the way he looked in the various art pieces I've seen, but in game I think he looks beast.

Oh yeah, best character model I've seen so far.

Einbroch

Banned
Am I the only one who think Grunt looks amazing? I hated the way he looked in the various art pieces I've seen, but in game I think he looks beast.

Xevren

Einbroch said:

He does look really damn good. Was really amazed at the first scene with him, the detail on him is something else.

TheExodu5

Banned
I like how I got my armor to look. Perfect shade of crimson red mixed in with black accents. Goes well with my red hair.

Here are some shots (and also a good example of how bloom sucks ass in UE3):
red1.png

red2.png

Swag

So if I finish the game without having finished all the Quests, will my save for ME3 not consider anything I do after the final mission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom