• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of the ones that exclusively played as a female shep for dat ass. But now that we can have a
Tali
romance in game. I'm cyrrently running through ME1 as a male shep for thatc hance.

Swag

Revelations said:
I was one of the ones that exclusively played as a female shep for dat ass. But now that we can have a
Tali
romance in game. I'm cyrrently running through ME1 as a male shep for thatc hance.

How the fuck is that even possible, I thought that
She was deathly allergic to every and all types of germs, hence why she lives in that suit

Alec

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Space condoms?

There is a very humorous conversation that you can listen in between a male and a female on one of the planets that talks about the specifics of interterrestial sex...protected and unprotected. :D

fna84 said:
I have a level 37 adept in Mass Effect 1, is it worth leveling him until 60 for the ME2 transfer bonus?

Not really. You get some money, minerals, and start a few levels higher. It's nothing that matters once you are a few hours into the game.

Zeliard

Sebulon3k said:
She was deathly allergic to every and all types of germs, hence why she lives in that suit

1z4yde9.jpg

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Sebulon3k said:

Turns out theyre not, they take supplements and mad booster shots, so the suit is really a cultural thing first and a safeguard second. So she technically could take it off without any ill affects. Also Ive heard people say the devs said that human diseases and stuff would not affect Quarians and that the Normandy is a sterile environment anyways so its safe.

Ephemeris

Enduin said:
Turns out theyre not, they take supplements and mad booster shots, so the suit is really a cultural thing first and a safeguard second. So she technically could take it off without any ill affects. Also Ive heard people say the devs said that human diseases and stuff would not affect Quarians and that the Normandy is a sterile environment anyways so its safe.

I guess I didn't have to highlight the spoiler tag to know what you guys were talking about now. :lol

luckily it's not a big deal

Great official thread.

Probably won't get my copy till february (Amazon, free shipping) but that's good because I'm still trying to finish one last playthrough of the first.

Question to the people that have the game and that also bought Dragons Age (For Xbox 360) : Did you have to enter your EA account login and password again, or is it already saved in the system? I completely forgot my hotmail account that I made when I registered for DA:O so I won't be able to use the Blood Dragon armor in ME2 if I need to know that info.

Swag

Enduin said:

Aww man, I wonder if she swings both ways. Actually nvm, any scene with her would just be fucken wierd. All I can imagine is a fish face.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Assemble! said:
!!!!!!!!

As I'm reading this thread, my phone rings.

"HI, THIS IS ASHLEY FROM GAMESTOP!!!":lol

:lol Samehere, scared the shit of me.

Sebulon3k said:
Aww man, I wonder if she swings both ways. Actually nvm, any scene with her would just be fucken wierd. All I can imagine is a fish face.

Not if she keeps the helmet on.

Also, why is everyone assuming romance =sex ?

....Oh wait, this is a WRPG in the year 2010. :lol

Still trying to get to lvl 50 in ME1 for all that extra stuff, fuck.

Just starting my Insanity playthrough of Mass Effect to refresh myself of the story and also to make the right choices in certain situations. I'm level 59, with 200,000xp til I hit the cap, so hopefully I'll make that quite easily. I'm going to be killing every single thing I see though until I get there just to make sure. :)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Liara T'Soni said:
Great official thread.

Probably won't get my copy till february (Amazon, free shipping) but that's good because I'm still trying to finish one last playthrough of the first.

Question to the people that have the game and that also bought Dragons Age (For Xbox 360) : Did you have to enter your EA account login and password again, or is it already saved in the system? I completely forgot my hotmail account that I made when I registered for DA:O so I won't be able to use the Blood Dragon armor in ME2 if I need to know that info.

I dont have the game but I think its already tied to your account.

Capture.png

So as you can see it has my gamertag there already so I would assume if I was getting ME2 on the 360 I would just need to be signed onto Live with that account and I would be able to get the BD armor without having to sign on with my EA account.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Just starting my Insanity playthrough of Mass Effect to refresh myself of the story and also to make the right choices in certain situations. I'm level 59, with 200,000xp til I hit the cap, so hopefully I'll make that quite easily. I'm going to be killing every single thing I see though until I get there just to make sure. :)

Unless you're absolutely set on going through on Insanity, lower the difficulty to casual for this final run and do as much as you can. You'll hit level 60 very, very easily. XP rewards are identical across all difficulties, and from what we know there's no bonus for getting the Insanity achievement in ME across to ME2.

Enduin said:

I've always wondered why people made such a big deal about this, the ammo thing is a far bigger retcon.

I don't think they have ever made it seem like the second Tali takes her suit off, she implodes or something like that. If you really need an explanation to fit with your idea of the canon, than just consider that in ME1 she changes armor multiple times. So, she obviously can handle at least some time without it on.

ConfusedMan09

Neo Member
Watching credits now. Holy shit. Amazing game, in every way.

Clocked in at 23 hours, that's with a lot of side quests.

You will not be disappointed :D

Enduin said:
I dont have the game but I think its already tied to your account.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/fee387/Capture.png

So as you can see it has my gamertag there already so I would assume if I was getting ME2 on the 360 I would just need to be signed onto Live with that account and I would be able to get the BD armor without having to sign on with my EA account.

Thanks man, I hope you're right. I can't tell you how frustrating this is, I've entered every usename with every password combination that I can think of on that site and nothing is coming up right.

Alec

ConfusedMan09 said:
Watching credits now. Holy shit. Amazing game, in every way.

Clocked in at 23 hours, that's with a lot of side quests.

You will not be disappointed :D

Question about length of game:

I'm just about to find the Repaer IFF. If I stick to only the main quest, how much longer would you say the game is?

Link069

Neo Member
I just bought the first game again and one of my really big questions is will the freezing of the game stop? I dont know if it was addressed but its driving me crazy.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Liara T'Soni said:
I've always wondered why people made such a big deal about this, the ammo thing is a far bigger retcon.

I don't think they have ever made it seem like the second Tali takes her suit off, she implodes or something like that. If you really need an explanation to fit with your idea of the cannon, than just consider that in ME1 she changes armor multiple times. So, she obviously can handle at least some time without it on.

Agreed, plus this isnt completely new info so it cant be a retcon, this info had to be in the first game or one of the books cause I read this on the ME wikia long before we had any real info about ME2, let alone serious discussions about a Tali romance. Plus I love how they avoided retconing the ammo, its pretty ingenious even if people dont like. I know the codex does say the Quarians are fitted with immunity boosting implants before their pilgrimage and Ascensions provides the greatest amount of info and insight into the Quarians, so its likely in there somewhere.

ZeroRay

Don't know if this has been asked but are there any problems after installing this game and how does the game performed uninstalled?

I'm asking because I downloaded the first ME and the performance wasn't good even with the game streaming from the HDD so I'm hoping they fixed it in this one.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Liara T'Soni said:
Thanks man, I hope you're right. I can't tell you how frustrating this is, I've entered every usename with every password combination that I can think of on that site and nothing is coming up right.

I believe that if you go to the EA site, which shares the same password as Bioware's social site, you can request a password based off of your XBL Gamertag, which should then send an email to the email associated with your XBL account.

Dunno if that helps.

Wish I had the dragon armor :/

From what I've heard, though unconfirmed, is that (armor spoilers, I guess?)
if you're wearing any of the DLC armor, you can't just take off the helmet, it's an all or nothing deal. I.E. you'd never see Shepard's face during any of the cutscenes.

I just bought the first game again and one of my really big questions is will the freezing of the game stop? I dont know if it was addressed but its driving me crazy.

The engine has been improved, graphical slowdowns, pop-ins, etc. are all improved. That probably doesn't mean NO freezing, but it should help.

Foil

Has anyone posted the 360 install size yet?

I've only got around 7GB free right now, so I figure I'll have to delete some more stuff.

Ephemeris

Metroidvania said:
From what I've heard, though unconfirmed, is that (armor spoilers, I guess?)
if you're wearing any of the DLC armor, you can't just take off the helmet, it's an all or nothing deal. I.E. you'd never see Shepard's face during any of the cutscenes.

Oh? Well I'm good then. I'd only use it on subsequent playthroughs if that's true.

ConfusedMan09

Neo Member
Alec said:
Question about length of game:

I'm just about to find the Repaer IFF. If I stick to only the main quest, how much longer would you say the game is?

Not long, 2-3 hours I would say. Maybe a tad less. It gets good now. have fun:D

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I've seen a few requests for how the pc version of the game performs. Under my experience it seems better optimized than the first game. On my dual core 2.66 laptop, nvidia 7950 and 4 gigs of ram I get about 35-40 fps. It looks better than on the xbox but I didn t put any antialiasing, dynamic shadows, blur effects and only 1 light source for movies. Otherwise pretty good performance! On my q6600 (quad core 2.4) with a gtx 280 its a constant 60 fps with all at max . Hope that helps!

As for how the game is in general. Well, all I can say : Its a Masterpiece! Took about 25 hours to finish, you can still play after the credits and you can explore a lot of the galaxy! I personally didn t like the first one, but this fixed everything I didn t like about the first like the boring planet exploration missions.

Get ready for the ride of your life! What a game!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ugh, I wish we had more information about all the romance options in this game. It's the only major decision I'm conflicted on. I am extremely tempted to
cheat on Ashley with Miranda
but without knowing the potential consequences I'm torn!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
All I can say is subject Zero all the way :)! She's the female version of Ridick, just have to love that girl :)! At first wasn't sure such a character would fit in the story, boy was I wrong! My favorite of them all ;)!

ZealousD

DarkoMaledictus said:
All I can say is subject Zero all the way :)! She's the female version of Ridick, just have to love that girl :)! At first wasn't sure such a character would fit in the story, boy was I wrong! My favrotire of all ;)!

My Shepard is 100% Paragon, so pursuing a relationship with her would seem wrong, somehow. :lol

Plus baldness is a turn off. =P

TimeLike

Foil said:
Has anyone posted the 360 install size yet?

I've only got around 7GB free right now, so I figure I'll have to delete some more stuff.
12.4GB
Character Importer 432KB

I friggin been bringing Miranda with me on all the missions cuz I always thought she looked and sounded like Sarah from Chuck. I can't believe it really is her. Damn I'm dense.

Ceebs said:
Managed to secure a copy of the game last night thanks to a retail buddy that owed me a favor :D

Have been hooked since I started. The game fixes almost every annoyance I had with the original. The only negative I can say about the game involves the planet scanning. It's super tedious, especially if you are looking for a certain mineral. The concept is not bad, but it could have used less nodes per planet. Some of them I have planted upwards of 20 probes in.
The following spoiler contains information regarding attainable items in the game.
Don't worry. You get an upgrade later which makes planet scanning a lot faster.

ZealousD said:
Ugh, I wish we had more information about all the romance options in this game. It's the only major decision I'm conflicted on. I am extremely tempted to
cheat on Ashley with Miranda
but without knowing the potential consequences I'm torn!
Do it all, multiple playthroughs ftw.

MMaRsu

TimeLike said:
12.4GB
Character Importer 432KB

I friggin been bringing Miranda with me on all the missions cuz I always thought she looked and sounded like Sarah from Chuck. I can't believe it really is her. Damn I'm dense.

12.4? Jesus :lol fuck that

ZealousD

elrechazao said:
Do it all, multiple playthroughs ftw.

God I have too many games I want to play for me to do that. I'm also getting NMH2, Bioshock 2, and Dead Space, Halo 3, and Zelda: Spirit Tracks are waiting for me. I haven't even done a second playthrough on ME1 yet. =P

I'm probably gonna hold off on playing the game and do NMH2 first. By the time I finish it, the information should be out there.

ConfusedMan09

Neo Member
ZealousD said:
My Shepard is 100% Paragon, so pursuing a relationship with her would seem wrong, somehow. :lol

Plus baldness is a turn off. =P

:lol also her attitude put me off. Went all the way with Miranda :D

Peff

Wow, considering the 20 GB HDD is actually 13, that's prety wild :lol Guess I'll just install the second DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom