• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ConfusedMan09 said:
:lol also her attitude put me off. Went all the way with Miranda :D

Did you carry over a relationship with another character from ME1 by any chance? Any consequences?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I have a question;

Will I miss out on stuff by not having my save file and subsequently not being able to import my character?

Can anyone tell me how does the Cerberus Network work? Is it connected to Bioware Social for DA:O? I'm asking because the Dragon Armor is tied to that account (EA Account). Can we log in ME2 with our EA Account in the same way we did it in DA:O?

Peff

Castor Krieg said:
Can anyone tell me how does the Cerberus Network work? Is it connected to Bioware Social for DA:O? I'm asking because the Dragon Armor is tied to that account (EA Account). Can we log in ME2 with our EA Account in the same way we did it in DA:O?

Yes, you log in and then input the code that comes with the game.

ConfusedMan09

Neo Member
ZealousD said:
Did you carry over a relationship with another character from ME1 by any chance? Any consequences?

Nope, lost my ME1 save :(

Didn't seem like there were any past relationships created for me.

I have a question;

Will I miss out on stuff by not having my save file and subsequently not being able to import my character?

Didn't effect me much. The game kinda fills in the holes for you.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Corky said:
I have a question;

Yes. Over 100 decisions made in ME can carry over into ME2. Things big and small will be different based on what you did in ME. People from ME will recognize you in ME2 and will love you or hate you depending how you treated them in ME and other things will be different depending what you chose to do. It by no means ruins the game, but if you can import a save its definitely worth it and will make the game and galaxy more personal.

Metroidvania said:
I believe that if you go to the EA site, which shares the same password as Bioware's social site, you can request a password based off of your XBL Gamertag, which should then send an email to the email associated with your XBL account.

Dunno if that helps.

OMG, thank you so much. I was thinking the whole time that I had created a new account when I registered those promo codes, when in fact, I used the same account tied to my CBl gamertag (I don't use my XBL login or email for anything else, so I didn't even consider it).

Thanks a bunch man, I'm now registered on the site and seeing that my content is on there.

How long does it take to beat the main quest in Mass Effect 1 if you skip all the side quests? Just trying to get my character to level 50 and get back the story again.

Subitai

Enduin said:
Yes. Over 100 decisions made in ME can carry over into ME2. Things big and small will be different based on what you did in ME. People from ME will recognize you in ME2 and will love you or hate you depending how you treated them in ME and other things will be different depending what you chose to do. It by no means ruins the game, but if you can import a save its definitely worth it and will make the game and galaxy more personal.
100?!??! WHAT?! I thought it was just the big 4.

Oh man, I might have to start playing through ME1 again.

Subitai said:
100?!??! WHAT?! I thought it was just the big 4.

Oh man, I might have to start playing through ME1 again.

There's a constant stream of cameos, and references in conversations, over the news, and through emails. I wouldn't be surprised if it was really 100 of them.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
sweetvar26 said:
How long does it take to beat the main quest in Mass Effect 1 if you skip all the side quests? Just trying to get my character to level 50 and get back the story again.

I did a 100% complete run in 15 hours, so between tonight and tomorrow, if you have the time, you should be able to play the game to completion without cutting many, if any, corners.

Enduin said:

Over 100 decisions? I don't know that I had even 100 conversations in ME much less decisions. If that isn't hyperbole then there must be some seriously small decisions included in that 100. :lol

kaskade

I'm going through ME again after I encountered the Ashley bug. That showed me for not keeping 100 save files. I'm not having as much fun this time since I'm just skipping through all the dialogue so I can finish up for ME2.

Swag

Ephemeris said:
2nd or third playthrough :p

I've played ME 8 times and I've never played as male shepherd, I'm sticking to my convictions :lol

Edit: Actually that's a lie, I've never made it off the citadel with male shepherd. My first play through was male and I switched to female within the first or second hour

Ephemeris

Sebulon3k said:
I've played ME 8 times and I've never played as male shepherd, I'm sticking to my convictions :lol

Edit: Actually that's a lie, I've never made it off the citadel with male shepherd. My first play through was male and I switched to female within the first or second hour

*Takes out pistol*

That makes you a criminal.

I can kill criminals.

ThePeacemaker02 said:
I'm going through ME again after I encountered the Ashley bug. That showed me for not keeping 100 save files. I'm not having as much fun this time since I'm just skipping through all the dialogue so I can finish up for ME2.

I think in that dialog is where a lot of your decisions are coming from for the next game. I guess that's not a problem if you already know what they're saying.

EatChildren said:
Unless you're absolutely set on going through on Insanity, lower the difficulty to casual for this final run and do as much as you can. You'll hit level 60 very, very easily. XP rewards are identical across all difficulties, and from what we know there's no bonus for getting the Insanity achievement in ME across to ME2.
At the moment, I'm doing okay on Insanity. I'd quite like to do it, so I'm sticking with it, but fuck, the Mako sections are even more frustrating than before. It's the only aspect of the game I genuinely dislike and those rocket towers are deadly if more than one can hit you at a time. I spent five minutes earlier hitting a rocket tower, driving backwards down a ditch to avoid three rockets, then slowly creeping back up and repeating the process.

Arde5643

If Bioware can somehow market this as an epic space dating sim in Japan, do you think it would sell big over there? :lol

Arde5643

Foliorum Viridum said:
At the moment, I'm doing okay on Insanity. I'd quite like to do it, so I'm sticking with it, but fuck, the Mako sections are even more frustrating than before. It's the only aspect of the game I genuinely dislike and those rocket towers are deadly if more than one can hit you at a time. I spent five minutes earlier hitting a rocket tower, driving backwards down a ditch to avoid three rockets, then slowly creeping back up and repeating the process.
Closest high ledge you can find + sniper + assassination = solves your problems.

The mako is an aberration and should never ever be used outside of tresher maws and planets you can't walk on.

Subitai

Arde5643 said:
Closest high ledge you can find + sniper + assassination = solves your problems.

The mako is an aberration and should never ever be used outside of tresher maws and planets you can't walk on.
Will that work on Armatures and Colossi?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Subitai said:
Will that work on Armatures and Colossi?

Mako should never kill anything, it should only be used to soften up Armatures, Colossi and Thresher Maws, onces they are close to death you should take them down yourself, cause they net you some great exp. Outside of the Mako Colossi and Threshers can be pretty tough to take out on your own, they soak up a lot of bullets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom