• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I feel like scanning a bunch so I lower my standards, but for the most part if something isn't Rich I ignore it. Once those get brought down to Poor, if not Depleted, I look around for another. I'm not really looking to max all the research though, but so far I haven't had any issues affording anything (one more loyalty mission and then I'm hitting the endgame).

54-46! said:
Post your Shepard!
b54rx3.jpg
2dh76o9.jpg

how to http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19687623&postcount=12338

HooCares

Neo Member
My favorite new feature are the Paragon/Renegade Cutscene interrupts. Not only are the awesome to watch and involve interesting decision, you have to think fast (unlike conversation choices). It makes any scene with them very tense and satisfying regardless of whether you used it or not.

Mr_Zombie

54-46! said:
Post your Shepard!

2vkmbdv.jpg

Alex Shepard
29 lvl Engineer
100% Paragon, 40% Renegade

Is there a way, through config files editing or save editor, to change when the scars appears on Shepard's face? I hate that when you are a Paragon Shepard's face is completely scarless (he doesn't even have the scar he had in ME1 :|).

HooCares said:
Any tips on scanning planets? Certain planets are resource "rich" according to the scanner. Should I just scan the rich planets? Will that get me enough resources for most upgrades?

Don't scan every planet. It's not worth it. When I started playing I've scanned every planet till it was deplated, and then somewhere in the 2/3 of the game I had every upgrade and still had about 300k of every resource left... and lots of lots unvisited Rich planets.
So yeah, don't waste your time on Poor and Medicore planets, it's not worth it. You will get enough resources anyway.

pringles

Just finished the game. Clocked in at about 52 hours, lvl 26 Adept on Veteran. Did all the loyalty missions but only like 5 or 6 of the missions you find while scanning planets.

Amazing game. Better than ME1 in most ways, but the the final part of the game was a little weak imo, or atleast too short and easy. But it's hard to top ME1's epic finish.
Of course I could complain about some stuff like the pretty uninteresting upgrade system (should have more choice instead of the next upgrade always being better. You know, like more power or longer range? Bigger clip or faster firing rate? etc) or that there was too little mission variety (more mission where you can solve situations with talking instead of shooting please) and so on, but it doesn't change the fact that it's one of the better games I've ever played.

Played as a renegade and now I'm going to start a NG+ as a Paragon to set up a good save for ME3 :D

Oh, and if I can make one request for ME3 it's that they should get Clint Mansell to do the soundtrack. Not that the music is bad in ME1 or 2, but man, with something like Moon's OST the next ME would be the best game ever.

54-46 said:
Post your Shepard!
CSC_0061-1.jpg

dralla

if you use the med-bay does it get rid of your eye color too or just the scars? I like the slight red in my eyes, but thinking of getting rid of the scars

puebla

so i just beat the game and chose to continue my game. i've scanned every planet and there's no missions left. is there anything i can do to level up some more?

I <3 Memes said:
Alright I give up.

Which .ini file do I change and what do I change to give myself resources and money?
editor http://social.bioware.com/project/1854/#details
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/834703

add to Coalesced.ini

under [SFXGame.SFXGameModeDefault]

Code:
Bindings=( Name="Home", Command="initcredits 5000000" )
Bindings=( Name="End", Command="initpalladium 5000000 | initiridium 5000000 | initeezo 5000000 | initplatinum 5000000" )

back up that file first otherwise, if you mess up, ME will not work

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I can't get past
Horizon
on Insanity :(

The final part with the Scions and Husks if freaking brutal.
dralla said:
if you use the med-bay does it get rid of your eye color too or just the scars? I like the slight red in my eyes, but thinking of getting rid of the scars
You lose the awesome eyes. I ended up starting my game over after I accidentally saved. I need my terminator eyes.

Cep

Banned
K.Jack said:
I can't get past
Horizon

You lose the awesome eyes. I ended up starting my game over after I accidentally saved. I need my terminator eyes.

Class? Party?

Dresden

K.Jack said:
I can't get past
Horizon

There's two solutions:

One is to head left and camp out in the balcony. Shockwave will almost never hit you there.

Two is to stay on the staircase as you head into the final area, and stay there. The husks don't spawn until you get down from the staircase, so stay there and look to the beacon. You can see the tips of the Scions poking out. Just spam incinerate/warp/reave until they die. They won't do anything to you. Obviously the 'cheap' solution, but there you go.

MrTroubleMaker said:
editor http://social.bioware.com/project/1854/#details
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/834703

add to Coalesced.ini

under [SFXGame.SFXGameModeDefault]

Code:
Bindings=( Name="Home", Command="initcredits 5000000" )
Bindings=( Name="End", Command="initpalladium 5000000 | initiridium 5000000 | initeezo 5000000 | initplatinum 5000000" )

back up that file first otherwise, if you mess up, ME will not work

I was just coming to say that I found a save game editor. If this is a more permanent solution though, ie. I will always have the amount that i put in no matter what part of the game I am at or how much I spend, then I will use this method.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Atilac said:
anyone with a good looking sheperd should consider adding the "facial code" to this site
Masseffect2faces
Those hairstyles people get on ME2 PC by save editing are a lot better than the ones in the character creator. I think the reason most female Shepards look the same is because there's only one decent hairstyle and everyone uses it. :lol

K.Jack

54-46! said:
Post your Shepard!
Kids need to step their female Shepard game up....

Term_Shep2.jpg

Term_Shep3.jpg

Term_Shep4.jpg

Shep.jpg

Cep said:
Class? Party?

Dresden said:
There's two solutions:

One is to head left and camp out in the balcony. Shockwave will almost never hit you there.

Two is to stay on the staircase as you head into the final area, and stay there. The husks don't spawn until you get down from the staircase, so stay there and look to the beacon. You can see the tips of the Scions poking out. Just spam incinerate/warp/reave until they die. They won't do anything to you. Obviously the 'cheap' solution, but there you go.
Playing an Engineer, with Wrex/Zaaed.

I'll try option #1 before I go cheese mode.

I <3 Memes said:
I was just coming to say that I found a save game editor. If this is a more permanent solution though, ie. I will always have the amount that i put in no matter what part of the game I am at or how much I spend, then I will use this method.
the save editor is fine, but if you start a new game , NG+ this is better, just hit home or end to get your stuff

jett

D-Member
Vyrice.jpg

this is literally the only decent femshep i've seen

and what is the deal with bioware and women characters? all of their abominations are ugly as fuck.

Arde5643

K.Jack said:
I can't get past
Horizon

Can't the combat drone distract the scions while you kill the husks?

Arde5643

Anyone tried shotgun engineers in hardcore or insanity?

I wonder how fun it will be to shotgun enemies in the back while they're distracted by the drone. :D

pringles

jett said:
this is literally the only decent femshep i've seen

and what is the deal with bioware and women characters? all of their abominations are ugly as fuck.
Never seen that hairstyle. Guessing it's a mod for PC?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
every female Shep that isn't default femshep is either too pretty or too ugly to be femshep.

Helmholtz

Just finished the first game for the first time, I liked it a lot!
Gonna be starting ME2 tomorow.
Any recommendations on class? I was thinking vanguard. I played soldier in ME1 but found me wishing I'd had some biotics to use as well.

Helmholtz said:
Just finished the first game for the first time, I liked it a lot!
Gonna be starting ME2 tomorow.
Any recommendations on class? I was thinking vanguard. I played soldier in ME1 but found me wishing I'd had some biotics to use as well.

i recommend checking out the youtube vids of all class and see what you like.

pmj

K.Jack said:
After the Scions, which are easy as long as you kill them from afar where they can't see you, there's a Praetorian too, and that one is really annoying.

Luckily there's a truck near the end of that area that is tall and wide enough that you can kite the Praetorian around it without getting hit by its beam.

K.Jack

Rez said:
every female Shep that isn't default femshep is either too pretty or too ugly to be femshep.
I happen to think mine is the best of all time. Yes, of all time.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
Yo, so like, in this game, is it just continuous better guns and armor, or is it more like WoW where you may want different guns at the same level because of a specific role you're trying to fill?

Ashodin

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
Yo, so like, in this game, is it just continuous better guns and armor, or is it more like WoW where you may want different guns at the same level because of a specific role you're trying to fill?
huh. what?

It's one gun throughout the entire game, until you get another gun. Then you are done.

Rocwell

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
There's not tons o' guns in this game. Each weapon type only gets 2-3 different guns to choose from not counting dlc or preorder bonuses, and some of which require special training to equip. All of the guns are unique though and have different stats like damage, rate of fire, clip size, number of clips, and so on.

In regards to armor, there are only 4 sets included by default which are acquired cheaply and give pretty modest bonuses compared to what you can get through researching in the tech lab, and all the armor sets have different stats on a given slot so one piece isn't better than another per se they just enhance different things.

careksims

Just re-loaded a previous game before my fem-Shep cheated. All I have to do is beat it again. At least I'm near the end and I feel clean! LOL!

Now I have a Paragon male shep and a Paragon female shep with a romance from the 1st game. I believe I am ready for ME3.

LQX

Never played with a male Shepard from the first game or this one starting out so I started a new game with a male Shepard. I'm not much on voice work but the male version of Shepard is not up to the level of female Shepard which has a very authoritative voice. I frigging love my female Shepard partly because of how she sounds in comparison to how I made her look. He sounds so wimpy as if she should be commanding him. But I guess I can do with with him to get my romance on.

Can you carry on multiple relationships has a male Shepard?

So I got thinking today...I'm still pretty early in my second play through Mass Effect 2, but I'm thinking that Mass Effect 3's main plot may revolve around not only stopping the Reapers, but choosing your allegiances between Cerberus and the Alliance, and characters from the original Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. Ashlee vs Miranda, The Illusive Man vs Captain Anderson, etc.

I haven't been reading this thread at all, have there been any rumors about what's ahead as far as ME2 DLC and ME3 in general?

Coxswain

OMGLOL A LLAMA said:
The game is stupid and says that guns "upgrade" other guns. It's not true, at least not in general. If you like the feel of an older gun better than a replacement you get, go back to the older one; odds are it's just as good (and probably better, if it fits your playstyle more). It's designed so that (at least in theory) every weapon is useful, at all levels.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
Coxswain said:
The game is stupid and says that guns "upgrade" other guns. It's not true, at least not in general. If you like the feel of an older gun better than a replacement you get, go back to the older one; odds are it's just as good (and probably better, if it fits your playstyle more). It's designed so that (at least in theory) every weapon is useful, at all levels.
Ah, thank you. I 'upgraded' my heavy pistol. Unfortunately it is much worse and has a significantly gimped clip size. Thanks for the advice my man.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Quick question about ME 1!!

Okay so im really late to the party and i just beat ME 1 in prep for ME 2

Basically the ending i got involved a victory and Shepard seemed all fine and the Normandy flew out into space. So why is it that everything i have heard before ME 2 release acts like something really bad happened to Shepard? Did i not get the right ending??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom