• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaLiancY

I'm down. If it's 400, 500 or 600, I'll bite. A hour and half of content, with a new weapon and character doesn't sound bad for around that price.

PBalfredo

Azwethinkweiz said:
I think if you have the one night stand with Jack, that ruins all relationships with the other women.
Nope. I was able to get the one night stand with Jack and later get the paramore achievement with Tali. It only ruins your chances of getting the paramore with Jack.

Arde5643 said:
Creepy Tali fan/stalkers are creepy, but this is actually a pretty nice art:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8366/1268346439396.jpg

Reminds me too much of Dune though.
Damn. That's really impressive.

Pretty close to what I'd figure she'd look like too, especially the greyish skin tone. Though I figure instead of hair the quarians would have plates like the geth have.
When speaking to Legion it seemed strange that the geth would build themselves to emote. I figure the movable plates were a leftover part of the quarian's design, since they built the geth in their image (three fingers, bird legs, etc)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So do you guys think Asari
actually look like the way they are presented, humanoid looking, or do you guys think that how they look is based on the alien species that is looking at them?The bachelor party in Illium had me wondering this myself. Like each person would see them looking sort of like their own race. Plus it would go along with Asari being the best prostitutes in the universe.

I think Zaeed is one of the best characters. I don't think you really lose much from not having the traditional conversation trees, you get a real good picture of the man and his past from his mission and if you bring him along the rest of you the game you get some nice banter from him and other little insights.

I definitely think Zaeed is more interesting than half of the other squad members. In my opinion Jake is the worst offender in the game, some of the stuff she says during her mission and other parts is laughable....eh..her normandy conversations...so bad.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kasumi comes with a new SMG so for that I'm good. The flashbang special ability that they're talking about... I don't know, meh. They'd better chill out with the price though.
Arde5643 said:
Creepy Tali fan/stalkers are creepy, but this is actually a pretty nice art:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8366/1268346439396.jpg

Reminds me too much of Dune though.
Thats very, very good.
Would

Tomasooie

PBalfredo said:
Nope. I was able to get the one night stand with Jack and later get the paramore achievement with Tali. It only ruins your chances of getting the paramore with Jack.

Damn. That's really impressive.

Pretty close to what I'd figure she'd look like too, especially the greyish skin tone. Though I figure instead of hair the quarians would have plates like the geth have.
When speaking to Legion it seemed strange that the geth would build themselves to emote. I figure the movable plates were a leftover part of the quarian's design, since they built the geth in their image (three fingers, bird legs, etc)
Dammit, spoiler tag that shit.

Subitai

lorddarkflare said:
You should have, he is easily one of your best.
+50% wpn dmg with assault rifles is killer. Didn't use him in insanity on the tough late missions though with my femshepfiltrator cause he died so much, so I went with Legion to go with Grunt. Wish I could have reset Grunts abilities so he could give Legion/Zaeed fire ammo to use on armor, but they still dished out big hits with sniper rifles.

Trigger

Trojita said:
actually look like the way they are presented, humanoid looking, or do you guys think that how they look is based on the alien species that is looking at them?The bachelor party in Illium had me wondering this myself. Like each person would see them looking sort of like their own race. Plus it would go along with Asari being the best prostitutes in the universe.

This has always been a very interesting idea and I'm surprised that it's not mentioned much elsewhere in the story. I believe that
the asari are humanoid to some degree (because they wear human armor), but use some form of mental manipulation to attract different species. In theory the only way to see the true form of an asari is to see them through the eyes of another asari. So far we've only ever viewed them from a hum perspective.

Dresden

Subitai said:
+50% wpn dmg with assault rifles is killer. Didn't use him in insanity on the tough late missions though with my femshepfiltrator cause he died so much, so I went with Legion to go with Grunt. Wish I could have reset Grunts abilities so he could give Legion/Zaeed fire ammo to use on armor, but they still dished out big hits with sniper rifles.
Zaeed is insane with the Incisor rifle. +50% damage on a rapid-fire three-shot-burst sniper rifle? With infinite ammo and near-perfect aim, to boot? For some reason the NPCs fire the Incisor like it was the Vindicator, so it's pretty fucking insane even on Insanity.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Trigger said:
This has always been a very interesting idea and I'm surprised that it's not mentioned much elsewhere in the story. I believe that
the asari are humanoid to some degree (because they wear human armor), but use some form of mental manipulation to attract different species. In theory the only way to see the true form of an asari is to see them through the eyes of another asari. So far we've only ever viewed them from a hum perspective.
Wouldn't it just be easier if one of them took a picture? They can't falsify that :p They're not ...vampires or something like it.

Trojita said:
That dialog blew my mind when I overheard it.

Dresden

a Master Ninja said:
That dialog blew my mind when I overheard it.
That, and the 'mystery' drink that lets you see what they actually look like. I guess if you're drunk, biotic manipulation of the mind fails?

Anyways, LIARA IS A LIE.

Dresden said:
That, and the 'mystery' drink that lets you see what they actually look like. I guess if you're drunk, biotic manipulation of the mind fails?

Anyways, LIARA IS A LIE.

So they employ reverse beer goggles?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Pankaks said:
Digital Deluxe Edition.
dang it.

Oh well, just as long as Bioware kicks out a new pistol...

I'm actually more excited for the new SMG than I am for the new character.

Coxswain

Trojita said:
It was purely drunk-talk. The human thinks they look like humans because of their overall body shape, the salarian thinks they look like salarians because they have lizard skin, and the turian thinks they look like turians because the swept-back shape of their scalp is reminiscent of a turian's fringe.

The turian one is a bit of a stretch, but the rule of three can be a bitch that way.

Sai

Didn't expect them to be releasing Kasumi so soon--at least, not so close to the Firewalker DLC.

Kinda disappointed that we'll have to pay for it though. If she's anything like Zaeed, you'd think we'd be charged for the Hammerhead instead.

Pankaks said:
Digital Deluxe Edition.
And a few lucky 360 owners that happened to be up during the early hours of the morning shortly before the game's launch. :p

Incisor's not really all that hot though. I tend to give it to Garrus since it looks nice on him. Incisor+Overload makes him a good long-distance shield destroyer.

[EDIT] - So, I've discovered that playing as a Soldier makes this game a hundred times easier than when I play as an Infiltrator... Especially when it comes to Husks. You guys remember that part at the
tail end of the Collector Ship, where you have to shoot your way past a bunch of charging Husks to reach the Shuttle? Always had to cloak myself and sneak past 'em while they tore up my teammates. No problem clearing them out with the Soldier.

The Revnant is just too good. >_>

Trojita said:
Kasumi might go down as ME2's horse armor.

How? It's missions, a new squad member, and a new gun. It could end up being too short for whatever they end up charging for it, but to compare it to horse armor is just wrong.

Ten-Song

Trojita said:
Kasumi might go down as ME2's horse armor.

Think horse armor is a bit of a stretch, but I do worry that it signals the end of anything of significance appearing on Cerberus Network, which is kind of dumb and lessens the value of it. I imagine anything big from now on will show up as paid DLC, while Cerberus Network might get updated every now and again with new weapons or other small scale stuff. :\

Mindlog

funkmasterb said:
Kasumi is actually really awesome, there is a big chunk of people working on this one. :D

Please make it 340 points. That's my remaining balance.

I bought Pinnacle Station. I believe I'm owed one and I'm calling it in!

Ten-Song said:
Think horse armor is a bit of a stretch, but I do worry that it signals the end of anything of significance appearing on Cerberus Network, which is kind of dumb and lessens the value of it. I imagine anything big from now on will show up as paid DLC, while Cerberus Network might get updated every now and again with new weapons or other small scale stuff. :\

Even if that is the case, it's not like you could blame them. It's not like we paid extra for "Cerberus Membership". They already provided a bunch of stuff free, and it seems to have gotten the most post-launch support of any "EA Project $10" game so far.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
funkmasterb said:
Kasumi is actually really awesome, there is a big chunk of people working on this one. :D

I remain hopeful but, I'm keeping my expectations in check good sir.

Ten-Song said:

We still have the Hammerhead missions coming through the Cerberus network. I think an additional character with a loyalty mission, some armor and some extra weapons, and the Hammerhead is a fair amount of material to get.

You can't expect them to give out everything for free. Just like Burnout Paradise, they give you enough to engender some good will, and charge for the rest.

If the game felt incomplete without the extra stuff, I would be upset. But it doesn't.

Ten-Song

Mutanthands said:
We still have the Hammerhead missions coming through the Cerberus network. I think an additional character with a loyalty mission, some armor and some extra weapons, and the Hammerhead is a fair amount of material to get.

You can't expect them to give out everything for free. Just like Burnout Paradise, they give you enough to engender some good will, and charge for the rest.

If the game felt incomplete without the extra stuff, I would be upset. But it doesn't.

Think it's mostly that I've been kind of unimpressed with it as a means of enticing people to buy the game new. If the Hammerhead missions are cool, I'll be fine with it, but right now, there's nothing really exciting on it, so I don't see how that encourages someone to buy the game new. At least that's kind of how I see it. Zaeed hardly makes me think that the 1200 points to get access to the Cerberus Network is worth it, which kind of makes the whole thing seem a bit pointless to me.

Finally have some time to invest into ME2, I've recruited all but 1 of my squadmates and done most of the Loyalty Missions.

Really digging Illium. It's the first place in the ME that feels more like a world and less like a construction of levels. Really digging on the game but hope that for ME3 they do their best to build culture of a couple main worlds rather than a bunch of small ones.

But awesome game.

Arjen

Although zaeed loyalty mission was a bit short, it did had one of the harder paragon/renegade choices to make. I liked that
you could hear al the damn people screaming if you chose not to save them, shit freaked me out

Dresden

Ten-Song said:
Think it's mostly that I've been kind of unimpressed with it as a means of enticing people to buy the game new. If the Hammerhead missions are cool, I'll be fine with it, but right now, there's nothing really exciting on it, so I don't see how that encourages someone to buy the game new. At least that's kind of how I see it. Zaeed hardly makes me think that the 1200 points to get access to the Cerberus Network is worth it, which kind of makes the whole thing seem a bit pointless to me.
Zaeed was free. Unless you bought the game used... but why would you, in the first place, unless you didn't know?

Anyone who winds up having to pay for the Cerberus Network via buying a used copy down the line is probably going to be saving enough on the cost of the game that they'll still be spending less than those of us who bought the game at launch did.

Unless they bought a used copy for $50 a month after release, but if that's the case, they only have themselves to blame.

Dresden

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Anyone who winds up having to pay for the Cerberus Network via buying a used copy down the line is probably going to be saving enough on the cost of the game that they'll still be spending less than those of us who bought the game at launch did.

Unless they bought a used copy for $50 a month after release, but if that's the case, they only have themselves to blame.
Six months down the line, maybe. Right now, though, it's pointless.

Arjen said:
Although zaeed loyalty mission was a bit short, it did had one of the harder paragon/renegade choices to make. I liked that
you could hear al the damn people screaming if you chose not to save them, shit freaked me out

Yeah that was quite a choice.
Had to go by Clerks Death Star logic though. Those people knew the risks involved with working for someone like Vido, even just as miners.

HadesGigas said:
Had to go by Clerks Death Star logic though. Those people knew the risks involved with working for someone like Vido, even just as miners.

You do know that you can still get his loyalty if you choose the paragon path to
rescue the workers
. If your Paragon or Renegade score is high enough you can
tell him to STFU and follow orders.

Mutanthands said:
You do know that you can still get his loyalty if you choose the paragon path to
rescue the workers
. If your Paragon or Renegade score is high enough you can
tell him to STFU and follow orders.

Yeah, but I didn't want
Vido to get away. Killing him
felt like the right choice for me.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
HadesGigas said:

IIRC
Vido took over the mine by force, the workers are his slaves

I think...

HadesGigas said:
Yeah, but I didn't want
Vido to get away. Killing him
felt like the right choice for me.

All for the greater good. As long as you can sleep at night
with the sound of all those innocent workers screaming as they die horribly, burned alive
. :D

Dresden

About Zaeed's loyalty mission:

For the
Paragon ending, did anyone think that Vido died there, as well? His ship crashes because one of Zaeed's shots hits the pilot.

Arde5643

Dresden said:
About Zaeed's loyalty mission:

For the
Paragon ending, did anyone think that Vido died there, as well? His ship crashes because one of Zaeed's shots hits the pilot.
That wasn't the pilot, that was just some unlucky red shirt (well, blue shirt) who got headshot'ed by Zaaed's assault rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom