• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pankaks said:
IIRC
Vido took over the mine by force, the workers are his slaves

I think...

Oh, whoops.
Sorry dead guys! At least you're free now...

But if that's the case they should have mentioned that to me when they had the chance!

7658.61010.jpg

6266.610.jpg

stuminus3

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Anyone who winds up having to pay for the Cerberus Network via buying a used copy down the line is probably going to be saving enough on the cost of the game that they'll still be spending less than those of us who bought the game at launch did.
That's still 1200 space bucks that EA wouldn't have seen before, though.

Arde5643 said:
Creepy Tali fan/stalkers are creepy, but this is actually a pretty nice art:

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8366/1268346439396.jpg

Reminds me too much of Dune though.

Wow, that is indeed very impressive.
I was going to try to recreate Tali (and the quarians) for a project for Morphologic Anatomy class, were we need to get a fictional character that exists (in literature, videogames, movies...) and give them internal structure and external traits, as we dont know very much about the quarians I was going to use them for the porject.
My vision was very similar to the one above.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
OK, I beat the game. I need a bit of help.

Um, how do you bang Jack or Miranda? (I can't believe I wrote that)

Not once through my playthrough did I receive any interest from them for any sexual activity whatsoever. I saw the achievement and I was like whaaaa???

clashfan

RSTEIN said:

Not once through my playthrough did I receive any interest from them for any sexual activity whatsoever. I saw the achievement and I was like whaaaa???

Are you playing as male or female?

RSTEIN said:

Are you playing as a female Shep? Because female Shep can only romance Thane, Garrus and Jacob.

Lakitu

st5fu
Man, good times... Firewalker pack coming end up March and not too long after that on Apr. 6, the Kasumi DLC. The loyalty mission sounds great :D reminds me of the Samara one which is one of my favourites.

RSTEIN

A man Shep.

My Shepard has the biggest cock in the galaxy! Yet no romantic interest from Tali, Miranda, or Jack.
not even oral

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
To go along with the questions about the Jack and Miranda "romances"

I was able to difuse the argument between Jack and Miranda after getting both of their loyalties done. I want to have it setup so that I have a save file where I have the possibility of "romancing" each of them from that save file.

I talked to Jack after the argument and she asked if I liked her and I replied "Yes". She sort of pushed me off. Is there another dialogue after that or did I accidentally lock her in as my love interest or possibly did I screw it up and that was the wrong choice to make anyways?

I also spoke to Miranda and she basically said that there couldn't be any romance while the mission is going on, and she touched my chest briefly with her hands seductively. Did I accidentally lock her in or is there a dialogue after that as well? Does the "romance" scene happen right as you are about to go on the suicide mission?

Subitai

Dresden said:
About Zaeed's loyalty mission:

For the
Paragon ending, did anyone think that Vido died there, as well? His ship crashes because one of Zaeed's shots hits the pilot.
Nope, I don't think so and that made the decision more potent anyway.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hmm, including
Legion's Loyalty Mission
, how long does the game take to complete, from the start of the IFF mission to the credit roll? Want to budget my time accordingly this weekend. Even though FF13 is quite addicting, still need to finish this one off :lol

RSTEIN said:
A man Shep

That's weird. The romance options in most Bioware games are usually really easy to trigger. In Miranda's case:

Basically to romance Miranda all you have to do is talk to her between every mission or two and act kindly towards her. After that either side with her or use the magic paragon / renegade win option during her catfight with Jack and you should be good to go.

Subitai

djtiesto said:
Hmm, including
Legion's Loyalty Mission
, how long does the game take to complete, from the start of the IFF mission to the credit roll? Want to budget my time accordingly this weekend. Even though FF13 is quite addicting, still need to finish this one off :lol
I'd say 4-6 hours to be on the safe side depending on the difficulty and whether you want
or need to spend time mining because you want to buff up Legion for the final missions (definitely worth it on insanity to get him the widow and shield upgrades as he sort of becomes Grunt jr. and stays alive enough to deal out helpful damage).

7658.61010.jpg

My first thought was that this is Bioware's version of Darth Maul in the Mass Effect universe. I know they did KOTOR, but still, did anyone else think that?

Kenaras

RSTEIN said:
A man Shep.

My Shepard has the biggest cock in the galaxy! Yet no romantic interest from Tali, Miranda, or Jack.
not even oral

If you're a complete jerk to them, you'll piss them off and you won't get any romance options. You can still be a jerk most of the time, but for key dialogue options you have to be nice.

Arjen

RSTEIN said:
A man Shep.

not even oral

To romance Miranda
You have to be kind of a dick to her, after her loyalty mission, go talk to her at some point she'll bring up her genetic tailoring. Tou have a couple of dialogue options, you'll have to pick "Not this shit again" to let the romance sequence to continue, every other option will send you to a dead end.

Bunny

Arjen said:
To romance Miranda
You have to be kind of a dick to her, after her loyalty mission, go talk to her at some point she'll bring up her genetic tailoring. Tou have a couple of dialogue options, you'll have to pick "Not this shit again" to let the romance sequence to continue, every other option will send you to a dead end.

glad i read this, i've been trying to get into her pants, thanks.

Hari Seldon

Arjen said:
To romance Miranda

I don't think that is the only way, because I didn't choose that and I romanced her fine.

Ding

Same here. I was never anything but polite to Miranda, and she was all over me. (I had maxed out Paragon points for over half the game, if that makes any difference.)

Hey, I finished the game with one unfinished "assignment". It was something like:
"Citadel: Find someone that can put this forged ID to good use."
I wandered all over the ward, but never found anyone that wanted that ID. Anybody recall that one?

Ding said:
Same here. I was never anything but polite to Miranda, and she was all over me. (I had maxed out Paragon points for over half the game, if that makes any difference.)

Hey, I finished the game with one unfinished "assignment". It was something like:
"Citadel: Find someone that can put this forged ID to good use."
I wandered all over the ward, but never found anyone that wanted that ID. Anybody recall that one?

There are
two asari who are barred from leaving because the idiot receptionist can't tell they're not geth. You can choose to give them the fake IDs (renegade) or talk some sense into the lady (paragon).
If you already did this assignment and the unfinished one is still there, then there's nothing you can do with it. They should be
sitting on a bench on the far left of the floor you come in on (over by the stairs past the place that sells food, I think?)

Ding said:

Maxed out Paragon points make lots of things easy. I never had any problem to convince other person or resolve any issue because of my maxed out Paragon.

HadesGigas said:
There are
two asari who are barred from leaving because the idiot receptionist can't tell they're not geth. You can choose to give them the fake IDs (renegade) or talk some sense into the lady (paragon).
If you already did this assignment and the unfinished one is still there, then there's nothing you can do with it. They should be
sitting on a bench on the far left of the floor you come in on (over by the stairs past the place that sells food, I think?)

Yeah, they're sitting right near the Dark Star advertisement.

Dan Yo

Banned
RSTEIN said:

Everyone seemed pretty obvious to me except for Kelly. i did everything I could possibly do with Kelly and am dumbfounded as to how to get her up in my room. The most I've been able to get her to do is have dinner with me and feed my fishes.

RSTEIN

Huh. I've been the nicest person in the galaxy to everyone I encounter. I routinely talk to everyone between missions. Weird. Well, time for a second play through.

I guess what they say is true: women don't want nice guys.

even if they have the biggest cock in the galaxy

Dan Yo said:
Everyone seemed pretty obvious to me except for Kelly. i did everything I could possibly do with Kelly and am dumbfounded as to how to get her up in my room. The most I've been able to get her to do is have dinner with me and feed my fishes.

That's all you can do with Kelly. For male Shepard, it's either Jack, Tali, or Miranda.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
MirageDwarf said:
That's all you can do with Kelly. For male Shepard, it's either Jack, Tali, or Miranda.

Greatly correct me if I'm wrong but I just spoke with a coworker that is on his third playthrough. I asked about Kelly
since I told him I had dinner with her and she is feeding my fishes.

He said that there is a scene after this with Kelly. What happens is that you need to go rescue your teammates after they dissapear. Once you beat the game you need to break it off with the person that you currently have a romance with (This will not affect your save for ME3 since this is after the game is done. Once you break off your relationship with the female you had chosen. you need to talk to Kelly. She says something to you. You then need to go to your terminal in your captains quarters, where there will be a message waiting for you from Kelly. Your Shepard will then contact her on the ship's intercom to come to your cabin. She will come into your room wearing the same clothes that the Asari Strippers wear. She will offer to dance for you. She will give you three different dances and then after that she will settle on your lap. You have the choice then to "cuddle"

My coworker isn't the type to lie, so I believe him. It makes sense that Bioware would make this an easter egg that does not affect your romances in the third game.

clashfan

Trojita said:
Greatly correct me if I'm wrong but I just spoke with a coworker that is on his third playthrough. I asked about Kelly

He said that there is a scene after this with Kelly. What happens is that you need to go rescue your teammates after they dissapear. Once you beat the game you need to break it off with the person that you currently have a romance with (This will not affect your save for ME3 since this is after the game is done. Once you break off your relationship with the female you had chosen. you need to talk to Kelly. She says something to you. You then need to go to your terminal in your captains quarters, where there will be a message waiting for you from Kelly. Your Shepard will then contact her on the ship's intercom to come to your cabin. She will come into your room wearing the same clothes that the Asari Strippers wear. She will offer to dance for you. She will give you three different dances and then after that she will settle on your lap. You have the choice then to "cuddle"

My coworker isn't the type to lie, so I believe him. It makes sense that Bioware would make this an easter egg that does not affect your romances in the third game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm6KL-v5Umo

Dan Yo

Banned
Trojita said:

Yes I had heard of this and saw a picture of it but didn't know how to get to it. Thanks.

Dan Yo

Banned
By the way. Did anyone encounter a glitch where Kelly would tell you that you had unread messages but then when going to the terminal there was nothing?

One of the times she did this was after I had finished the game. I figured there'd be at least some message after finishing but when she told me i had one, and I went to read it, there was nothing.

Is there supposed to be a message after the end game?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Dan Yo said:
By the way. Did anyone encounter a glitch where Kelly would tell you that you had unread messages but then when going to the terminal there was nothing?

One of the times she did this was after I had finished the game. I figured there'd be at least some message after finishing but when she told me i had one, and I went to read it, there was nothing.

That happens if you read your messages before she can tell you you have news ones. She'll have to tell you you had new messages or her head explodes, even if you already knew about said messages.

Dan Yo

Banned
SnakeXs said:
That happens if you read your messages before she can tell you you have news ones. She'll have to tell you you had new messages or her head explodes, even if you already knew about said messages.
I see. So there is no message after the end of the game?

Trojita said:

Oh wow. Had no idea about it. I gotta do that.

Dan Yo said:

At the end of the game she says theres a message, but its not in your normal terminal, is in the 2nd terminal in your room (there are two terminal in your room).
Its not a glitch.

Dresden

SpacePirate Ridley said:
At the end of the game she says theres a message, but its not in your normal terminal, is in the 2nd terminal in your room (there are two terminal in your room).
Its not a glitch.
Wait, second terminal?

HOLY FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom