• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my mouse's sensitivity is really high because I never felt the scanning cursor went slowly. I actually had to slow myself down because I kept sweeping right over mineral deposits.

Dennis

Banned
Those shades are fucking horrible, makes Thane look a total douchebag.

160rj0m.jpg

No way am I going to pay for some damn outfits, what is this - Barbie?

Kasumi is interesting but this nickel and dime DLC is pissing me off.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Aww man, Jack would be so hot, without the duct tape-like visor.

What the hell is a Bioware point anyway? Talk $$$ bitches.

mujun

Mr_Zombie said:
But how could I know, at the beginning of the game or in the middle of it (when I finally said "fuck this"), that I will end up with too many minerals? Whenever I've read impressions about ME2 before I've played the game, lots of people were saying that it's really easy to run out of minerals, especially Platinum and Element Zero. So I just didn't want this to happen. When I realised that I have too many minerals it was already too late.

Sounds like you worried about it too much. I bought some stuff, mined a little, bought some stuff, mined a little more and then finally realized that I wouldn't have to mine much at all to keep a comfortable buffer. I also didn't feel compelled to buy absolutely everything. What is the point in that. I bought the stuff that I thought I needed, would help me get through the game easier or was just plain cool.

Mr_Zombie

mujun said:
I bought some stuff, mined a little, bought some stuff, mined a little more and then finally realized that I wouldn't have to mine much at all to keep a comfortable buffer.

Yeah, I know, I'm doing this now, on my second playthrough.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Paying for Kasumi? Sure, makes sense. Paying for the Hammerhead would even make some sense and thats free.

Those costumes are horrible and they want money? Its crap like that I expect on the Cerberus Network for free.

mujun

Mr_Zombie said:
Yeah, I know, I'm doing this now, on my second playthrough.

Don't get me wrong, it's hardly my favorite part of the game. I sort of got a little tired of the hacking stuff as well but all in all none of those three things were obnoxious for me so I don't care if they keep them for the next game or go for something new.

No_Style

Peff said:
Are they actually charging for the costumes while the Hammerhead is free? That's fine with me :)

Fixed.

Charge for the vanity stuff. Hell, give female Shepard a dress for the ball for all I care. If it means that they could give us free content with substance for free, then so be it!

mujun

EatChildren said:
Paying for Kasumi? Sure, makes sense. Paying for the Hammerhead would even make some sense and thats free.

Those costumes are horrible and they want money? Its crap like that I expect on the Cerberus Network for free.

Really, I think it's better the way it is, pay for silly stuff and actual meaty content free. Costumes only seem to keep a certain percentage of the fanbase happy. Those people are probably happy to pay for pretty much anything ME related. Actual meaty content though will pretty much attract anyone who picked up the game so keeping it free is keeping people interested in and talking about the game.

Dan Yo

Banned
EatChildren said:

Tell me about it. If they're charging for those ugly party member costumes then i think it's safe to say that the free content for cerberus network is officially depleted.

Dan Yo

Banned
mujun said:
Don't get me wrong, it's hardly my favorite part of the game. I sort of got a little tired of the hacking stuff as well but all in all none of those three things were obnoxious for me so I don't care if they keep them for the next game or go for something new.
The only thing keeping me from playing through the game a second time is the dread of going through the planet scanning again. I don't want any part of a game to feel like work.

Is there any danger of using a cracked .exe with this game**? I really enjoy the convenience of not using the disc, and I am surprised that the Cerberus Network still works correctly, but I am concerned that I might get blacklisted and lose out on the awesome Hammerhead DLC. I have been able to download one new piece of DLC since I started using the crack, so hopefully this is the same.

** Yes, I do own the game on disc. If I have to post pics I will. Just a little concerned though.

Flavius

Bunch of farking whiners...

I'd pay for the Hammerhead stuff, but it's free. Yep, the shades look like shite for the most part, and it'd be nice to have the option to have them on or off, but I'll buy it...and keep buying this stuff, so long as there's the free/good stuff right there with it.

Subitai

mujun said:
Really, I think it's better the way it is, pay for silly stuff and actual meaty content free. Costumes only seem to keep a certain percentage of the fanbase happy. Those people are probably happy to pay for pretty much anything ME related. Actual meaty content though will pretty much attract anyone who picked up the game so keeping it free is keeping people interested in and talking about the game.
Yeah, given that I'm a little surprised they're not selling more vanity stuff now like armor patterns and alternate costumes, especially for the ladies.

Dan Yo

Banned
Subitai said:
Yeah, given that I'm a little surprised they're not selling more vanity stuff now like armor patterns and alternate costumes, especially for the ladies.
Those costumes and particularly the glasses are so shoddily made that it's almost like EA tasked a small team of guys with creating these stupid little nickel and dimers rather than Bioware themselves.

witness

400 points for Kas or no sale for me, if they're going to try and start raping us on price (just like they did for Dragon Age people) then yeah I'm done with this game. All my bioware goodwill is just about gone anyway after screwing over Dragon Age fans.

RdN

witness said:
400 points for Kas or no sale for me, if they're going to try and start raping us on price (just like they did for Dragon Age people) then yeah I'm done with this game. All my bioware goodwill is just about gone anyway after screwing over Dragon Age fans.

I don't know man.. hands-on says that it's 1h30 for the Kasumi's Mission.. I'm guessing they'll charge 800MSP.. if that's the case, I'll also pass.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
How much is the "point" to "euro" conversion rate? Points are so fucking odd. Just give me a price, I'll pay it.

Dennis

Banned
RdN said:
I don't know man.. hands-on says that it's 1h30 for the Kasumi's Mission.. I'm guessing they'll charge 800MSP.. if that's the case, I'll also pass.
So 10$ for 90 minutes of RPG game? :lol

golem

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Is there any danger of using a cracked .exe with this game**? I really enjoy the convenience of not using the disc, and I am surprised that the Cerberus Network still works correctly, but I am concerned that I might get blacklisted and lose out on the awesome Hammerhead DLC. I have been able to download one new piece of DLC since I started using the crack, so hopefully this is the same.

** Yes, I do own the game on disc. If I have to post pics I will. Just a little concerned though.
Steam dude.

Steam 4ever.

Also I dont know why people are whining about crap no one here is going to buy anyways (although I'm sure plenty will secretly). Guess we gotta talk about something though.

golem

Metalic Sand said:
Really poor considering ME2 was a good 50 hours average for most. I put in like 70 hours on my first play through.

Wtf bioware?
Well, considering the amount of voice acting and dev work it took to make a whole new character that you can take on every mission throughout the game, I'm sure it cost Bioware a pretty penny. It is what it is.

Dresden

golem said:
Well, considering the amount of voice acting and dev work it took to make a whole new character that you can take on every mission throughout the game, I'm sure it cost Bioware a pretty penny. It is what it is.
800 is too much.

400 would have been perfect.

Also, whenver Bioware claims that so-and-so will take a certain amount of time to finish, halve that and you'll get the real playthrough time. So it'll be a thirty or forty minute mission for Kasumi. So with that, a new SMG, and a character who'll probably have a couple of quips per missions... I don't know.

Subitai

golem said:
Yeah, I'm not sure what all the complaining is about. Nothing is free and I'm sure it would be even cheaper if they could count on people buying it. Even if it was partially completed and planned in like Zaeed, it still isn't cheap for them to put resources towards it. 500+60 sucks but it's a way to keep micro transactions from failing so kids w/ out credit cards can get stuff w/ out asking parents who kill vendors with debit/credit card usage fees.

Anyway, this kind of thing gets resolved with people voting with their wallets, so if the price stays high the next few times around, it means the content was good enough for people to pay it. Otherwise Bioware will adjust and you guys will be happy.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
DennisK4 said:
Those shades are fucking horrible, makes Thane look a total douchebag.

160rj0m.jpg

No way am I going to pay for some damn outfits, what is this - Barbie?

Kasumi is interesting but this nickel and dime DLC is pissing me off.

That does look horrible. I think I will just get the hammerhead DLC and nothing else.

methane47

Aight folks

Finished the game today... Total ~27 hrs and that is buying every upgrade in the game exceupt for the med bay... All my chars relationships maxed.

Load times still killed me though .. :(

And wtf at the last boss :\ kinda disappointed at that....

And what was the better option for the end game choice you guys think

I played Total Paragon but i gave the ship to illusive man... everyone lamented about it afterwards though :\

PS: EDI and Joker are the two best characters OMHO in a video game this year so far... I was so impressed by how much i laughed.

methane47 said:
Aight folks

Finished the game today... Total ~27 hrs and that is buying every upgrade in the game exceupt for the med bay... All my chars relationships maxed.

I played Total Paragon but i gave the ship to illusive man... everyone lamented about it afterwards though :\

Destroy it, since Cerberus seems to be involved with a lot of sadistic experiments already (from injecting people with thrasher maw venom to the biotic experiments they ran on all those kids to "make" Jack so to speak) without having a "turn organics into liquid to make giant robot ship things" machine with bonus mind control powers.

methane47 said:
Aight folks

PS: EDI and Joker are the two best characters OMHO in a video game this year so far... I was so impressed by how much i laughed.

All hail the the top option!

EDIT:
Notice how in Legion's quest, when he first brings up the brain washing option, it's located at the bottom of the convo wheel. But when you actually get to make the choice, it's put at the top again? That's the game working out the moral dilemma for you. Take it as it is.

methane47

Hasphat6462 said:

EDIT:
Notice how in Legion's quest, when he first brings up the brain washing option, it's located at the bottom of the convo wheel. But when you actually get to make the choice, it's put at the top again? That's the game working out the moral dilemma for you. Take it as it is.

indeed I played the whole game as a top... and not a bottom.. But I just simply see that you know... it could be a benefit if some use is gained by taking the bottom that one time...

but I guess... in games ... some things can't be taken as "grey"

Hasphat6462 said:

EDIT:

I actually thought that this was really interesting.
It shows that Shepard's mind changed; at the start, is sort of a gut reaction to brainwashing, but after Legion explained that it really isn't brainwashing at all, Shepard decided that rewriting was the "good" choice.
One of the few ethical choices in the game that actually feels like a dilemma across both games, where most of the "choices" are basically "SAVE THIS PERSON AS HE/SHE/IT IS AN EXTREMELY OBVIOUS CHEKOV'S GUN" or "SHOOT IN FACE TO LOOK BADASS"

(The
heretic Geth
still fit this mold in a sense, but at least the destruction option wasn't just there so you could be a jerkass. Seriously, what's the point of
shooting the guy during Jack's loyalty mission?)

Thagomizer said:
I actually thought that this was really interesting. It shows that Shepard's mind changed; at the start, is sort of a gut reaction to brainwashing, but after Legion explained that it really isn't brainwashing at all, Shepard decided that rewriting was the "good" choice. One of the few ethical choices in the game that actually feels like a dilemma across both games, where most of the "choices" are basically "SAVE THIS PERSON AS HE/SHE/IT IS AN EXTREMELY OBVIOUS CHEKOV'S GUN" or "SHOOT IN FACE TO LOOK BADASS"

I had Samara with me on that mission and she commented on how
removing what made them really them is essentially killing them right after Legion brought it up
. It really is one of the neatest moments in the game.

Mrbob

Can someone tell me Bioware's rationale for Mass Effect series DLC? I don't understand why they would want to sell us a character as paid DLC for a game we already finished. Lets not forget their handling of DLC for Mass 1 was bad too.

I finished the game once and am going to go through another play through soon, but I now have the story set up in my mind how things play it. Don't need another character to intrude on out. I wish they would offer some mini expansions like what Bethesda did with Fallout 3. Of all the 5 content packs, 2 were hits, 1 was luke warm, and the other two were misses but at least they offered content which added onto the core experience.

Edit: Oh damn the Kasumi DLC is 560 points too? Terrible value.

Masaki_

Mrbob said:
Can someone tell me Bioware's rationale for Mass Effect series DLC? I don't understand why they would want to sell us a character as paid DLC for a game we already finished. Lets not forget their handling of DLC for Mass 1 was bad too.

I finished the game once and am going to go through another play through soon, but I now have the story set up in my mind how things play it. Don't need another character to intrude on out. I wish they would offer some mini expansions like what Bethesda did with Fallout 3. Of all the 5 content packs, 2 were hits, 1 was luke warm, and the other two were misses but at least they offered content which added onto the core experience.

Edit: Oh damn the Kasumi DLC is 560 points too? Terrible value.

this is a funny coincidence: I just installed zaeed's patch but now I regret it and I'm looking for a way to uninstall it because of how tacked on he feels. i really hope i don't have to uninstall the whole game and redownload it.

Masaki_ said:
this is a funny coincidence: I just installed zaeed's patch but now I regret it and I'm looking for a way to uninstall it because of how tacked on he feels. i really hope i don't have to uninstall the whole game and redownload it.

Couldn't you just tell him to fuck off when you meet him?

Masaki_ said:
wait, i can do that? I'll play that part again

I don't know, I remember there being options that seemed like you would not take him, but maybe it just makes him pissed that he has to come with you? Didn't try it.

Pretty positive you can at least just never start the conversation with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom