• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subitai

MirageDwarf said:
Not really. You just have to pick one to maximize and make choices accordingly. Having conversations with characters when you're on Normandy helps too. You also get one change to get 100% boost if you select one of Shepard's commander ability at power level 4.
Yeah, that's what I did even with the import boosts and later in the game it was clear that if you weren't maxing one, you got stiffed (
Samara and Morinth being the most apparent to me
) in conversation choices. That isn't really obvious to some and definitely wasn't as penalizing in the 1st game, so I try and point it out to newer players when I can.
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I just understood this was a loyal guy, a badass in his own right, and knowledgeable and helpful. He was like, the qualities of everyone else I had met up to that point, rolled into one.

And yea, I guess it is rather important that I didn't play the first at all.:lol I'm picking up everything as I go along. It's a real heavy game, every little thing runs across another, whole lot to pick up. I love that.

What you mean by upper right/left? You mean, with the triggers, during a conversation?
Yeah, to be explicit about the previous posts about the conversation wheel and given you're goin paragon, always choose 10:00 when you can or 2:00 if that isn't available. If neither are available do what you want cause you can only add to Paragon/Renegade.

If you go back through this thread, you'll find out Bioware had to make Garrus and Tali (
that chick whose friend you took to the illusive man
) part of your team again cause of all the fan rants for them. On the obsessive side by most standards even here.

Subitai said:
Yeah, to be explicit about the previous posts about the conversation wheel and given you're goin paragon, always choose 10:00 when you can or 2:00 if that isn't available. If neither are available do what you want cause you can only add to Paragon/Renegade.

Also, left side choices will lead to detailed conversations, right side will lead to quick conclusion.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Buckethead said:
Will ask again... who got to Level 30 on play through one?

Debating whether I should do the last couple of anomaly missions or not....

Me. But I imported, so starting at level 5 was a big leg up.

I don't remember what level I was to start, but I imported from ME1, but I'm Level 24 now and have 12 anomaly missions left and besides that the only thing I have to do is go through the Omega 4 Relay and finish up the main story....

Loyalty and recruitment missions all done.

Will I get Lvl 30 do you reckon? If not I'll just get 'er on the Renegade runthrough.

You get 25% bonus XP after you complete game. So, if I do any missions in the same run after finishing main story, do I get 25% bonus XP?

My Shepard is level 27. Wondering if Hammerhead + Kasumi DLC missions can help me reach level 30 without starting a new game.

Subitai

Surprised at how many people are trying to get to 30 the 1st time through. 2nd time through with xp bonus doing all the recruitment/loyalty + Zaheed makes getting to 30 pretty easy. I think I only did 3 or 4 anomaly quests.

Buckethead said:
Will ask again... who got to Level 30 on play through one?

Debating whether I should do the last couple of anomaly missions or not....
Hit level 30 while fighting the last boss. This was after importing a level 60 character.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Subitai said:
Surprised at how many people are trying to get to 30 the 1st time through. 2nd time through with xp bonus doing all the recruitment/loyalty + Zaheed makes getting to 30 pretty easy. I think I only did 3 or 4 anomaly quests.

If you import you hardly need to 'try'. My attitude was "I want to do everything!!!" because I enjoyed the game so much, and I ended up hitting 30 before doing all the N7 missions. There's enough content there to max out.

I dont know if its possible without importing. I'm guessing no, but the various mission packs we'll get might make it possible.

bathala

Banned
finally finished the game.

getting the No one Left behind achievement made it intense at the end.

playing paragon the entire time only to pick renegade on the final decision :p

Beat it. Full Paragon.
This was playing off of a ME1 save that leaned toward Renegade so my Shepard had something to prove in my inner monologue. :lol

I accidentally selected her and later that stupid whore Tali died in a spot so I immediately loaded up the previous save and re-chose that option.

Anyway awesome game, but enjoyed the first game's story more. It was more focused and I guess I felt more engaged throughout.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
cool stuff in those updates.

"next thing you know someone will come up with a story that giant human skull faced robots will be sent from the far reaches of the galaxy to destroy life as we know it. What a joke."

:lol

FrankT

Did they provide a hard date and price yet on the DLC? I read it was about an hour and half long iirc. I'm really hoping for a serious xpac here.

Sai

Kasumi's supposed to hit April 6th, right? I don't think they've mentioned a firm release date for the Firewalker DLC, just late March. Probably the 23rd or the 30th.

Turnstyle

Ok, I need some help...

I've put 20 hours into the game, taking my time and doing all side quests
(even getting the ingredients for the chef!)
. I love this game, and I want to make it last. I have everyone loyal, except for
Jack. I am pretty much guaranteed to make it with Miranda.

I've just finished Jack's mission, and there's a cutscene with her and Miranda fighting. No matter what I do, I lose loyalty with one of them, which means that one of them will die in the suicide mission (from what I've read). It also means that if I choose to piss off Miranda, I can say goodbye to getting down and dirty with her. I am a Paragon, and my meter is almost full, I need about 80% of the last bar.

Now, during their fight, I can see the dialogue tree has options to placate both of them, but I can't access it, as I guess my Paragon level isn't high enough. Also, when I speak to Miranda later on, I can see another Paragon option, but can't access it.

So:

- Is there anyway I can gain their loyalty back?
- Will I be able to gain Miranda's loyalty back AND sleep with her?
- I have a couple of sde quests left, and the IFF mission before I enter the Omega relay. What are my chances of fixes things?

I'm pretty put out by this as I've really been taking my time to do everything properly!

Nope, unless I'm very mistaken, you must be pretty much full Paragon/Renegade to get them back on your side.
Sorry dude.

This later happens with other squad members too

Subitai

Buckethead said:
Nope, unless I'm very mistaken, you must be pretty much full Paragon/Renegade to get them back on your side.
Sorry dude.

This later happens with other squad members too
Yeah, sorry Turnstyle, Buckethead is right.
If you've done the rest of loyalty stuff, I'm not sure what you can do to get farther into the final bar. If I were you, I guess I'd go back to right after Horizon and start doing the loyalty quests over trying to max 1 first.
Good luck and let us know what happens! :D

Turnstyle

Subitai said:
Yeah, sorry Turnstyle, Buckethead is right.
If you've done the rest of loyalty stuff, I'm not sure what you can do to get farther into the final bar. If I were you, I guess I'd go back to right after Horizon and start doing the loyalty quests over trying to max 1 first.
Good luck and let us know what happens! :D

In the end I carried on the game with
Miranda loyal, Jack not. When I played through the last mission I made sure I didn't select Jack for any of the skill missions. Just finished the game, and everyone survived.
Yes!

Buckethead said:
Sorry dude.

You seem to need 100% Paragon, but I resolved it with about 75% Renegade.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Subitai said:
It's been awhile, what did you choose?

Also, anyone thinking of getting any of these figures:

14454_180x270.jpg
14452_180x270.jpg
14453_180x270.jpg
14455_180x270.jpg

oh crap, where can i buy one? And where is Jacob?

Peff

Are they actually charging for the costumes while the Hammerhead is free? That's being cheap :-/ At least give us Fixed Garrus for free!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Killthee said:
The costume pack is also coming out the 23rd. 160 Spacebucks.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/resources/assets/info/dlc/alternate_appearance-01-p.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

:lol :lol :lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Peff said:
Are they actually charging for the costumes while the Hammerhead is free? That's being cheap :-/ At least give us Fixed Garrus for free!
Yup.

VaLiancY said:
I hate the shades. Jack with a vest and finally a fixed Garrus is nice. Thane is sexy in anything so no complaints from me.
Jack's costume looks so much better, but the duct tape on her face ruins it. I probably would have bought it if she didn't have the tape.

Zen

Banned
HadesGigas said:
x2_e4d210

Coming March 23.

Those look horrible

Space shades? It's funny how Biowares horrible yet effective marketing have seemed to be only a precursor to the game in tone for the games themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom