• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Arjen said:
Just funished Kasumi, really loved it. It's one of the best missions in the game, great story, variety, cool setpiece. Totally worth the 560 spacebucks.

Oh, and is there a dutch guy working on this game?
First the FEBO everywhere, and now a planet with a dutch name :D
Commander Shepard is based off a Dutch model, Mark Vanderloo. Shepard is identical to the model.

m7ev5k.jpg

Cep

Banned
EatChildren said:
I agree that Bring Down the Sky is the best ME2 DLC, but I think Kasumi is really damn good too. Unlike BDtS though she's more beneficial if you're doing another playthrough, as you get her as a useful party member.

I really hope they do something like Bring Down the Sky. Something contained, open, with a little bit of exploration, and a nice plot to tie it all together. They've got the framework there thanks to the Hammerhead.

I doubt it would happen but it would be nice. Just make it require installation of the Firewalker pack. Being free means nearly everybody interested in DLC will have it.

Yo, what is up with that tag.

That is definitely new.

Peff

Hm, considering the way Mass Effect Redemption ends, any Liara DLC would have to be post-game
and potentially end the Shadow Broker subplot
. Either or they'll make Redemption playable and leave the conclusion for ME3, we'll see.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cep said:
Yo, what is up with that tag.

That is definitely new.

I said I'd suck cock for a port of F-Zero GX for the 3DS.

GDGF said he'd bring the mashed potato (or potato salad).

~fin

Peff said:
Hm, considering the way Mass Effect Redemption ends, any Liara DLC would have to be post-game
. Either or they'll make Redemption playable and leave the conclusion for ME3, we'll see.

I could see Liara + Shadow Broker being the focus of an Awakening style expansion. Stand alone, set post game, allowing you to import your Shepard, etc. Allowing Liara to be a recruitable party member to shut up those demanding.

Peff said:
I hope for a expansion pack. The Shadow Broker Story is a great thing to make a own game about it,

EatChildren said:
I could see Liara + Shadow Broker being the focus of an Awakening style expansion. Stand alone, set post game, allowing you to import your Shepard, etc. Allowing Liara to be a recruitable party member to shut up those demanding.

Wasn't there some ripped audio floating around from the PC version that had some Liara/Shadowbroker content, same way there was some Kasumi dialog found before the official announcement? That's why I assumed that the Liara content would be coming before the Awakening-style expansion.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mutanthands said:
Wasn't there some ripped audio floating around from the PC version that had some Liara/Shadowbroker content, same way there was some Kasumi dialog found before the official announcement? That's why I assumed that the Liara content would be coming before the Awakening-style expansion.

Yep, and the developers have stated that they're specifically interested in exploring Liara and Shadow Broker DLC. I have a hunch it was probably planned but ultimately cut for time reasons, much like Kasumi and Zaeed. They're yet to specify if they'll bring it back or not, but I think they will.

I just wish they'd talk about it :p. They've been pretty on top of keeping us informed of upcoming DLC. Technically there's no upcoming DLC 'confirmed'.

EatChildren said:
I just wish they'd talk about it :p. They've been pretty on top of keeping us informed of upcoming DLC. Technically there's no upcoming DLC 'confirmed'.

I'm sure they'll let us know. They haven't been shy about talking to the press and the fans.

OT: I'm of two minds on Bioware's communication habits with ME2. I love that Bioware likes to get out and communicate with the audience, but sometimes (actually, all the time) they reveal way too much about the game and upcoming plot points. Even causual fans couldn't avoid some of the spoilers.

I wish they had kept the beginning of the game secret. It greatly lessened the impact of the moment.

And I wish they said a little bit less about the ending, possible outcomes, and what you had to do to get the best outcome.

So, this is the one time where the developers should be less open about the next game. Otherwise, it will be full blackout mode for a year plus on Mass Effect news for me.

Peff

Yeah, it was pretty tough not to know anything before starting the game, even though I was relatively successful I still managed to find out the names of almost every squad mate :lol Fortunately I didn't know how you met Garrus :D

About the possible expansion/DLC, I wonder if they'd let Liara die in the last part... I don't think I'd like to play ME3 with only Ashley as a returning playable character :(

krakov

Got the DLC and I really liked it. Character is nice, mission is great and music is amazing, it's all really short though, unfortunately. The one thing that bothers me the most is the shitty 560 price point.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Peff said:
About the possible expansion/DLC, I wonder if they'd let Liara die in the last part... I don't think I'd like to play ME3 with only Ashley as a returning playable character :(

It would be post game content so she wouldn't be recruitable for the main game/suicide mission. At least I hope so. The new content really needs to be focused on being after the end of the suicide mission in my opinion.

Peff

Stallion Free said:
It would be post game content so she wouldn't be recruitable for the main game/suicide mission. At least I hope so. The new content really needs to be focused on being after the end of the suicide mission in my opinion.

She could still die on the final part of the mission, though, Dragon Age Awakening did it. Which would bring another interesting point... if she becomes a recruitable party member post-game, would they voice every other character too? Would be a good sign for ME3.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Peff said:
She could still die on the final part of the mission, though, Dragon Age Awakening did it.

I don't understand? If she isn't recruitable till after the suicide mission is over, than how would she able to die in it?

Also, they could make the Liara content just be like the Kasumi mission where it would only be Shep and Liara. If they are going to be cutting corners that is. Of course they could have no dialogue for the other party members if they wanted to allow you to bring them.

Peff

Stallion Free said:
I don't understand? If she isn't recruitable till after the suicide mission is over, than how would she able to die in it?

I mean in the final part of the DLC, something like "NO SHEPARD LET ME FALL TO SPACE OR YOU WON'T REACH THAT BASTARD IN TIME " :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Peff said:
I mean in the final part of the DLC, something like "NO SHEPARD LET ME FALL TO SPACE OR YOU WON'T REACH THAT BASTARD IN TIME " :D

That would be retarded as she is my lesbian femsheps lover. I would hate Bioware if they pulled some bullshit like that.

Wiggum2007

Fuck going after the Shadow Broker, ME1 made him/her/them out to be a shadowy information broker and potential ally, now it appears they've changed their mind and slapped the BAD GUY label on him. Also I can't stand Liara.

Wiggum2007 said:
Fuck going after the Shadow Broker, ME1 made him/her/them out to be a shadowy information broker and potential ally, now it appears they've changed their mind and slapped the BAD GUY label on him. Also I can't stand Liara.

Not exactly, you can choose not help Liara I think, so I hope the Shadow Broker being an ally or enemy depends of you actions still. And yeah, Liara it's even worst than in the first ME, trying to act cool using her mother's phrase and ultimatly being still a pussy, a very boring one...

Also Kasumi DLC Quick Look.Obviously spoilers ahoy...

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
While I do think a post-game episode featuring Liara and the Shadow Broker is looking rather plausible at this time I'd rather see they put this energy into making the 3rd game already. I know the teams aren't structured the way that the one excludes the other but I'd rather just have a bigger 3rd game than these tacked on bits on the 2nd one. Mainly because I feel that the ME2's narrative structure is bad.

Just got ME2 this morning but have to finish my ME playthrough first. I'm a couple thousand xp past level 59 with Virmire and the finale to go. Is it worth me going for level 60 or shall I just finish the game and get on with ME2?

EatChildren

Wiggum2007 said:

They havent changed their mind, he's still like that; neither good nor bad. Liara is totally obsessed with tracking him down, and he's an enemy of Cerberus. Shepard might also have a bit of a bone to pick with him/her/it.

ME2 nor the comics really make him out to be a badguy either. In the comics he's just doing what he does, and in ME2 its mostly Liara's beef, not Shepards. If they kept the neutrality of the character they could still make an expansion, especially if they tie in Liara's obsession with whether or not he/she/it should be stopped.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Getting very close to the end... about to go through the omega 4 relay. I browsed a couple FAQS tonight and have some Qs -

- Is it true my crew can't be saved if I did Legion's loyalty quest *after* the Joker/IFF Mission? Because I did. And if so, that would blow. The FAQS contradict, on this point. And despite jacob and miranda's arguement it isn't clear that this is a point of no return. "hidden" points of no return blow.

- Can you continue playing the game after the "endgame," or no? Cleaning up side missions and whatnot.

GDJustin said:
Getting very close to the end... about to go through the omega 4 relay. I browsed a couple FAQS tonight and have some Qs -

The game will tell you when the IFF is installed and ready, that is when you have to go to save the crew.

If you live, you can keep playing.

GDJustin

HadesGigas said:
The game will tell you when the IFF is installed and ready, that is when you have to go to save the crew.

Ahh... that's some bullshit. There is no leeway... you have to do things in a very exact order, towards the end? The game apparently detects whether you have any recruit/loyalty missions left, and gives you a chance to complete a couple of them before the IFF is "ready." But in my case, I hadn't spoken to Legion yet, so there were no missions. So after bringing the IFF back my crew hopped on a shuttle and went.... nowhere (it was really weird). Then the Joker bit happened. THEN I spoke to legion and did his loyalty mission.

I'm still not sure that is exactly true, and I'm screwed though. One FAQ says you can do a couple missions after the IFF activates, and still save your crew. Another FAQ says you can't, and have to go through the relay right then. Some message boards say they did one mission and lost half their crew, and the other half survived.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I wrap up.

GDJustin said:
Ahh... that's some bullshit. There is no leeway... you have to do things in a very exact order, towards the end? The game apparently detects whether you have any recruit/loyalty missions left, and gives you a chance to complete a couple of them before the IFF is "ready." But in my case, I hadn't spoken to Legion yet, so there were no missions. So after bringing the IFF back my crew hopped on a shuttle and went.... nowhere (it was really weird). Then the Joker bit happened. THEN I spoke to legion and did his loyalty mission.

I'm still not sure that is exactly true, and I'm screwed though. One FAQ says you can do a couple missions after the IFF activates, and still save your crew. Another FAQ says you can't, and have to go through the relay right then. Some message boards say they did one mission and lost half their crew, and the other half survived.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I wrap up.

If you're allowed to do missions the game will tell you. Joker or EDI (forget which) tell you it will take some time to install it and you should go do something in the meantime.

If it told you "ok we're ready to go" and you didn't, then yeah, they're fucked.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
HadesGigas said:
If you're allowed to do missions the game will tell you. Joker or EDI (forget which) tell you it will take some time to install it and you should go do something in the meantime.

If it told you "ok we're ready to go" and you didn't, then yeah, they're fucked.

OT but what is your avatar from? 2D bayonetta seems awesome.

HadesGigas said:

I fell victim to this as well. It would have been nice to have at least 1 line of dialogue to the effect of- "We need to go right now if we hope to save the crew". I loved the game but the seemingly random outcomes at the end made it seem like it all boiled down to a giant wheel of chance as opposed to deliberate consequences for my actions.

GDJustin

HadesGigas said:

You're misunderstanding me. Here's the order of events:

- Complete all available recruit and loyalty missions
- Retrieve the IFF from the reaper
- Told the IFF needs a bit of time to be ready.
- IMMEDIATELY after hitting galaxy map, the crew automatically goes off on a shuttle (to nowhere).
- Joker mission happens. Crew comes back. I'm told to go through the omega 4 relay.
- I wake up Legion and do his loyalty mission.

That's where I'm at, right now.

If my crew is indeed screwed, it sounds like it's because I hadn't woken up legion and gained access to his loyalty mission before hitting the galaxy map, after retrieving the IFF. Like I said, the whole thing was weird... I got all the dialogue about the IFF needing "time" but it was ready right away, as soon as I hit the Galaxy map. Prob. because I had no missions. And the crew just left on a shuttle without actually going anywhere.

Aaron

GDJustin said:
If my crew is indeed screwed, it sounds like it's because I hadn't woken up legion and gained access to his loyalty mission before hitting the galaxy map, after retrieving the IFF. Like I said, the whole thing was weird... I got all the dialogue about the IFF needing "time" but it was ready right away, as soon as I hit the Galaxy map. Prob. because I had no missions. And the crew just left on a shuttle without actually going anywhere.
It was even stranger for me when I was told that the IFF would take time and I'd need to take the shuttle, yet I was able to do missions clearly in the Normandy, only for it to suddenly kick off the shuttle to nowhere when all my missions were complete. It's a bizarre plot hole, especially when everyone gets in the shuttle unlike every other time when you just roll with two chosen guys. You'd think they would have come up with a better way of handling it.

Dark Stalkers said:
What's a good bonus power for a soldier on insanity?

I used fortification during most part of the game and save my ass a few times, problem is the high cooldown time...

In the final mission I used Garrus ammo power, and I did pretty good, only died a couple of times...

GDJustin said:

Probably that's the case, I woken up Legion just after completing the IFF mission and the first dialogue that pops with legion it his loyal mission, completed the loyal mission and after entering the map the Joker quest triggered.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Aaron said:
It was even stranger for me when I was told that the IFF would take time and I'd need to take the shuttle, yet I was able to do missions clearly in the Normandy, only for it to suddenly kick off the shuttle to nowhere when all my missions were complete. It's a bizarre plot hole, especially when everyone gets in the shuttle unlike every other time when you just roll with two chosen guys. You'd think they would have come up with a better way of handling it.

The plot is the worst part of the 2nd game, unfortunatly.

The planet scanning replaces the horrible driving sequences, though, so that wasn't a real disappointment. The plot in the original game was so well done - you really felt like you were the only hope the all these species had left - that the less focused narrative of this game was quite a kick in the balls.

Although a kick in the balls in the sick, fetished way. I still love it, it just suffers from being the slow middle chapter.

Foliorum Viridum said:
The planet scanning replaces the horrible driving sequences, though, so that wasn't a real disappointment. The plot in the original game was so well done - you really felt like you were the only hope the all these species had left - that the less focused narrative of this game was quite a kick in the balls.

Although a kick in the balls in the sick, fetished way. I still love it, it just suffers from being the slow middle chapter.

Planet scanning is obligatory to get all the upgrades who substitutes the best gear in ME1, in ME1 you could forget about exploring and just driving directly to the quest and still getting the best gear, so the mako isn't that annoying in further playthroughs, scanning is in every playthrough you want to get good upgrades...

I hope in ME3 cames with a nice minigame which isn't time consuming and boring as planet scanning.It woulkd be nice some kind of management sim minigame, nothing to serious but a way to allow you to have fun and the same time not having to wastr so many time to get resources...

I finished ME2 and got the achievements. Now I would like to start over with my same character (so that I can hit lvl 30). I can't find the option to use my ME2 character...

So... am I doing something wrong?

Edit: finished the game again and it gave me the option. Maybe I wasn't patient enough or something.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I played the first mission of the DLC with the vehicle...at least it was free. I really hope we get a lot of new quests, Bioware better not skimp on the addition content like they did the first time.
I'll definitely play the Kasumi DLC this weekend but for now I'm trying to start a new character in Mass Effect 1 to carry over for my 2nd playthrough in ME2. I tried to just start a new one in ME2 but it's just not the same when it has the preset choices and everything. ME1 is still good but I've played it so many fuckin times that it's hard to push through till the end, maybe I'm in the minority but I think that ME2 is clearly the superior game.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Haven't posted in here in ages, but I finished a huge project today that lasted two months so now I gots more free time again, and i'll be diving into the Mass Effect 2 universe once again starting tomorrow...

Man, I didn't even get the Hammerhead DLC yet...

MMKirby

Banned
So did anyone else laugh when Thane dies by a rocket to the face. I was loling hard. I hated that guy anyway. My Legion died as well, now that was sad.

Samara

MMKirby said:
So did anyone else laugh when Thane dies by a rocket to the face. I was loling hard. I hated that guy anyway. My Legion died as well, now that was sad.

You're joking right? I mean--wait a minute---You liked Legion over Thane?!?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Samara said:
You're joking right? I mean--wait a minute---You liked Legion over Thane?!?

I like Legion better than Thane but that is still fucked up.
I sent Jacob down the pipes and giggled with delight when he got shot in the face. Boring pussies deserve to die. My plane to kill Jack failed though :( When she collapsed with the bubble, Thane got taken away </3

derFeef

I may be the only one who really diggs Zaeed. I know there is not much interaction, but I just love his comments. Tali and Zaeed, yep.

Wiggum2007

Thane's cheesy flashback scenes ruined him for me. Not to mention that depending on when you recruited him, you may initiate a scene with his stupid flashbacks before you've actually been been introduced to what the fuck those flashbacks are. Which made it even more lame.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
derFeef said:
I may be the only one who really diggs Zaeed. I know there is not much interaction, but I just love his comments. Tali and Zaeed, yep.

I loved Zaeed's visual design and power so I used him a fair amount.

Samara

Stallion Free said:
I like Legion better than Thane but that is still fucked up.
I sent Jacob down the pipes and giggled with delight when he got shot in the face. Boring pussies deserve to die. My plane to kill Jack failed though :( When she collapsed with the bubble, Thane got taken away </3

BUT THE PRIZE :lol :lol :lol

Why did they make him so bland, I don't know. I'm guessing Miranda is no better

"Bla bla I'm perfect"

derFeef

Stallion Free said:
I loved Zaeed's visual design and power so I used him a fair amount.
that too, the first time I met him I thought "woah, what a badass" - he has something the other characters are lacking. or maybe it´s because he is lacking that overdone emotional backstory everyone else seems to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom