• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

neojubei said:
You can do solo missions?

I've only done two so far, one was a "puzzle" mission that lasted a minute :lol The other involved some walking around.

Been exploring post-game since you can continue your game just to tie up loose ends and stuff, came across four other planets you can land on. I'll list them later, forgot to take note of the previous planets though.

Here's one, no spoilers since you don't see much
http://i49.tinypic.com/2l91s7s.jpg

Swag

RS4- said:
Been exploring post-game since you can continue your game just to tie up loose ends and stuff, came across four other planets you can land on. I'll list them later, forgot to take note of the previous planets though.

Question for you regarding post game play

If people die in the final mission do they come back in the post game or are they gone for good

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Killthee said:
Every marked bottle has a code you can redeem at the Dr.Pepper site. Once you redeem the code you're given a list of EA games you can get DLC for. Mass Effect 2 hasn't been added to the list, but its supposed to go up tomorrow. You need 3 Dr.Pepper codes to get all 3 items.

No, the CE comes with the Colllectors' Assault Rifle. The Incisor is a separate Sniper Rifle.

It was free on the Marketplace last night. It'll probably be available for free as part of the Cerberus Network.

Cool thanks for the info.

Ironborn

Banned
neojubei said:
I think that DLC is with the PC Deluxe edition Download version.
jesus fucking christ, are you serious? :lol

so in order to get all bonus DLC items you would have to do the following:
- buy dragon age: origins
- buy mass effect 2 ce
- buy mass effect 2 de
- preorder mass effect 2 at gamestop
- preorder mass effect 2 anywhere else
- buy a shitload of dr. pepper
- buy mass effect galaxy

this is insane, i hope people don't support this crap...fuck, who am i kidding, this is gonna be the business model of the future :(

edit: thanks notworksafe, edited mass effect galaxy in
this just keeps getting better :lol
here i was, thinking about how awesome the new EA is, only to get fucked by them once again

RS4-

Sebulon3k said:
Question for you regarding post game play

If people die in the final mission do they come back in the post game or are they gone for good

They're gone. It took me three tries to figure out the right combination, previous attempts, I lost one person each :lol

notworksafe

Ironborn said:
jesus fucking christ :lol
- buy mass effect 2 ce
- buy mass effect 2 de

You forgot about buying the Mass Effect iPhone game.

Though if the bonus items are anything like the DAO stuff, you'll drop them relatively early in the game.

Ironborn said:
jesus fucking christ :lol
- buy mass effect 2 ce
- buy mass effect 2 de

this is insane, i hope people don't support this crap...fuck, who am i kidding, this is gonna be the business model of the future :(

Its like buying one copy of game isnt enough anymore, to get the everything the game has in it you need 4 copies of it, it is lame they do this crap, if it was just cosmetic stuff I wouldn't give a stuff but its armor that has different stats on it, a gun that fires a mini blackhole and other cool stuff that I would really like to try out.

The prices on ebay for this stuff is pretty extortionate as well.

notworksafe said:
It was unlock related. The server that does the authorization broke or something like that, and they had problems getting people in at midnight.

Didn't that happen with HL2 also, it seems they just need to get the authenticator software locked down more.

Swag

RS4- said:
They're gone. It took me three tries to figure out the right combination, previous attempts, I lost one person each :lol

Going to end up doing a complete play through my first time around then, I can't imagine playing the game for 30 hours with the same 2 guys just to have one of them die and have to get someone else in their spot. Wouldn't feel right :lol

notworksafe

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Didn't that happen with HL2 also, it seems they just need to get the authenticator software locked down more.

Yeah it just seems that they constantly underestimate the number of people buying games.

Ironborn said:

- buy mass effect 2 ce
- buy mass effect 2 de

I never thought Bioware would stoop to this level. Is it EA's fault or is this the norm now?

Ironborn

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
Its like buying one copy of game isnt enough anymore, to get the everything the game has in it you need 4 copies of it, it is lame they do this crap, if it was just cosmetic stuff I wouldn't give a stuff but its armor that has different stats on it, a gun that fires a mini blackhole and other cool stuff that I would really like to try out.

The prices on ebay for this stuff is pretty extortionate as well.
yeah, some of the stuff sounds pretty damn cool, especially the black-hole-gun
what a load of crap, EA won't be seeing any money from me for a looong time after mass effect 2

For those that played the game already...

Is it just me or did the game just quite literally throw you in the shit at the start and get you on the mission to get these new recruits asap! I mean not that I didn't appreciate it but damn, it seems to move at a incredible fast pace at the start.

Dennis

Banned
Ironborn said:

- buy mass effect 2 ce
- buy mass effect 2 de
- buy mass effect galaxy

here i was, thinking about how awesome the new EA is, only to get fucked by them once again
DLC, fuck yeah!....or something

notworksafe

Doodis said:
Seriously. I think I'm just going to stay out of this thread so I won't be thinking about the game all day.

Ha yeah. I'm keeping it open in a tab while I'm at work so i always see "Mass Effect 2" in the corner of my eye and it's killing me!

Ironborn

Banned
Alpha-Bromega said:
I never thought Bioware would stoop to this level. Is it EA's fault or is this the norm now?
pretty sure this is EAs fault, they just LOVE microrapements
it's pathetic, for every game that does something amazing with DLC (GTA IV, fallout 3, red faction guerilla) there's literally dozens that rape the customer, either by overpricing the DLC or making it exclusive to preorders at whatever place or some crap

cazosozey

Major Williams said:
I was in bed reading my iPhone and saw the free DLC deal.

I am so glad I got out of bed to get it. I can't wait for midnight tonight!

lol same exact way it happened for me. first i was like whoa, no way, then i figured i would get my ass up and try, and what do you know.

Ironborn said:
yeah, some of the stuff sounds pretty damn cool, especially the black-hole-gun
what a load of crap, EA won't be seeing any money from me for a looong time after mass effect 2

Ah they can stuff it up their arses, i've got plenty other stuff to play (Bayonetta, darksiders, heavy rain when its out and so forth) its a shame they have lost a sale just because they decide to be foolish with this stuff but I really can't be bothered with a company that does this.

watership

Ironborn said:

- buy mass effect 2 ce
- buy mass effect 2 de
- buy mass effect galaxy

Makes me wish EA didn't buy bioware. :\

Ephemeris

Ironborn said:

- buy mass effect 2 ce
- buy mass effect 2 de
- buy mass effect galaxy

The Digital Deluxe Edition comes with the CE stuff + the Rifle + the OST

JudgeN said:
How long is the game suppose to be? Sorry if this has already been asked.

varies I suppose. I've heard of people that finished the first game in 15ish hours, but I've always taken twice that. So that depends on the player.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is it possible to progress relationships with
the sexy secretary ? as in bed her ?

notworksafe

kyo_daikun said:
Ah they can stuff it up their arses, i've got plenty other stuff to play (Bayonetta, darksiders, heavy rain when its out and so forth) its a shame they have lost a sale just because they decide to be foolish with this stuff but I really can't be bothered with a company that does this.

That's a bit of a silly reason to not purchase a game. This stuff isn't required content, just little extras. Again though, I'm assuming it's like the DAO content. Cool for the first few levels, but easily outclassed by gear that you'd acquire through normal game progress.

So I'm just not going too out of my way. I'll get the steam preorder bonus stuff and the iPhone stuff (got the game for 99c). I'll get the Dr. Pepper stuff as well, just cause my roommate drinks a lot of DP and will be buying it anyway. I'll get the day one free DLC too, but I don't count that because everyone that buys the game gets that anyway.

Ironborn

Banned
Ephemeris said:
The Digital Deluxe Edition comes with the CE stuff + the Rifle + the OST
i see...not that it really makes things better
there is no way to get the rifle on the pc if you want a physical copy :lol
and how do you get the rifle on the 360? it was up on the marketplace earlier, so there has to be SOME way...

The only thing good in my mind out of the EA deal is that in the far, far future Mass Effect will get ported to the PS3 because EA would never leave a console untouched if they had the choice.

I think the total amount of DAO dlc equaled to $21, and with RTO it will probably end up around 30ish. For maybe 3 hours of game play. maybe.

cazosozey said:
lol same exact way it happened for me. first i was like whoa, no way, then i figured i would get my ass up and try, and what do you know.
Haha awesome. Yeah I told my best buddy who is equally interested in the game too. I'm glad that MS didn't revoke those who took advantage of it while it was up.

Can't wait to use them.

Does anyone know, is there any sort of Level cap that would prevent me from using the armors right away?

Ephemeris

Ironborn said:
i see...not that it really makes things better
there is no way to get the rifle on the pc if you want a physical copy :lol
and how do you get the rifle on the 360? it was up on the marketplace earlier, so there has to be SOME way...

When it does show, it probably won't be free. :lol .. :(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm not sure exactly why everyone thinks EA is entirely behind the DLC fiasco. Bioware is completely innocent because.... you like them? Honestly, they have a deep rooted interest to sell their game day one, and do whatever it takes to encourage people to pre-order it.

Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2 are the biggest offenders I've ever seen, and they're both Bioware titles.

notworksafe

zero margin said:
Didn't read it in the OP but what armor for ME2 was included in the DA:O CE?

The Blood Dragon armor comes from DAO, but any copy...not just the CE.

29nguhf.jpg

Bloodsent

GuardianE said:
I'm not sure exactly why everyone thinks EA is entirely behind the DLC fiasco. Bioware is completely innocent because.... you like them? Honestly, they have a deep rooted interest to sell their game day one, and do whatever it takes to encourage people to pre-order it.

Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2 are the biggest offenders I've ever seen, and they're both Bioware titles.

The thing that strikes me as strange is why publishers/developers find it necessary to have different preorder bonuses for each retail outlet. I understand the pokemon "gotta catch em all" mentality, but at some point there has to be a line drawn.

cresto

Bloodsent said:
The thing that strikes me as strange is why publishers/developers find it necessary to have different preorder bonuses for each retail outlet. I understand the pokemon "gotta catch em all" mentality, but at some point there has to be a line drawn.
It all has to do with the businesses selling the game wanting to be more unique, therefore interesting the buyer in getting it at their store.

notworksafe said:
That's a bit of a silly reason to not purchase a game. This stuff isn't required content, just little extras. Again though, I'm assuming it's like the DAO content. Cool for the first few levels, but easily outclassed by gear that you'd acquire through normal game progress.

So I'm just not going too out of my way. I'll get the steam preorder bonus stuff and the iPhone stuff (got the game for 99c). I'll get the Dr. Pepper stuff as well, just cause my roommate drinks a lot of DP and will be buying it anyway. I'll get the day one free DLC too, but I don't count that because everyone that buys the game gets that anyway.

Seriously tho, the amount of money we spend on games and we don't get access to everything on them?

Its like buying a music cd and the record label saying yeah you cant access bonus track 1 because you didnt buy from walmart, you cant access bonus track 2 because you didnt buy from virgin megastore.

I think for me its just hit a point were I just cant stand all these mutliple pre orders anymore, in europe we didnt even get access to some of them then they mess it up and give them away accidently to loads of people for free!

Anyway I won't crap on the thread anymore as its not fair to people who will be buying the game.

golem

Ironborn said:

- buy dragon age: origins yes
- buy mass effect 2 ce yes
- buy mass effect 2 de thinkin about it
- preorder mass effect 2 at gamestop yes
- preorder mass effect 2 anywhere else yes
- buy a shitload of dr. pepper no
- buy mass effect galaxy yes

:(

Bloodsent said:

Yeah, it's drawn by me, not caring about getting even close to all of it. It's not Super-Game-Busting material, any of it, and they're baldfaced about it from the start, so I just say "Well fuck that. No way I'm buying this game three times over. I'll get what I get."

notworksafe

kyo_daikun said:
Seriously tho, the amount of money we spend on games and we don't get access to everything on them?

Its like buying a music cd and the record label saying yeah you cant access bonus track 1 because you didnt buy from walmart, you cant access bonus track 2 because you didnt buy from virgin megastore.

I think for me its just hit a point were I just cant stand all these mutliple pre orders anymore, in europe we didnt even get access to some of them then they mess it up and give them away accidently to loads of people for free!

Anyway I won't crap on the thread anymore as its not fair to people who will be buying the game.

No, I agree. It's dumb to have so many different little pre-order bonuses. Each retailer wants to have something cool so you buy from them though. In the end, they don't affect the game very much (usually) so I just ignore them all and buy from my preferred retailer (usually Steam).

Alucrid said:
Does anyone know what the bonus is for the iPhone/iPod touch game?

No one is quite sure yet...though I bet it's for Jacob since he's the star of Galaxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom