• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 5th playthrough almost done. Currently playing as an Engineer loads of fun. Last class I have to play as is Soldier...how is that class compared to the others?

Rich!

Bought this as an impulse buy for cheap on the PC (£10), and was hoping to be able to play it on my big 1080p TV, with surround sound.

But alas, no 360 gamepad support. Which means I'm stuck using my much smaller and far less awesome PC monitor. Lame.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Freakin knew it was coming today.

Its not up on PC though.

gdt

Re-playing ME1 (one of my favorite games ever) right now...should be done soonish.

Have this game sitting here ready to play, can't wait!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Firepower pack is up for Pea Sea.

daycru

Ending questions:

So, I'm trying to keep everyone alive at the end. I have everyone loyal to me except for Miranda. She got into a fight with Jack and I took Jack's side. Tali handles the vents, Grunt takes the crew back to the ship, Garrus led the distraction team, Jack was my biotics. I choose to blow up the Reaper base and defeat the final boss with Miranda and Garrus. Everything is fine, no one is dead up to that point. Final boss is dead, and afterwards, there's Miranda sort of randomly dead on the ground. Am I just screwed here? I've tried a few different combinations, Miranda always dies except for the time I had her create the biotics bubble, Thane died that time. My ship defense and weapons are fully upgraded. Any ideas?

Rufus

daycru said:
Ending questions:

So, I'm trying to keep everyone alive at the end. I have everyone loyal to me except for Miranda. She got into a fight with Jack and I took Jack's side. Tali handles the vents, Grunt takes the crew back to the ship, Garrus led the distraction team, Jack was my biotics. I choose to blow up the Reaper base and defeat the final boss with Miranda and Garrus. Everything is fine, no one is dead up to that point. Final boss is dead, and afterwards, there's Miranda sort of randomly dead on the ground. Am I just screwed here? I've tried a few different combinations, Miranda always dies except for the time I had her create the biotics bubble, Thane died that time. My ship defense and weapons are fully upgraded. Any ideas?
Check the wiki:
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Suicide_mission#Suicide_Mission

Don't know if it has the information you're looking for, but it's the first place I would look.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really enjoyed Retribution, it totally got me hyped up for Mass Effect 3.

Like the guy said a couple posts above me, they pretty much confirm that Anderson will be your replacement for the Illusive Man in 3 (please let him be on the Normandy and have a shit load of dialogue). Also, I don't think Kahlee will be a party member, but she will definitely be on your ship as well, maybe as a dedicated Mordin-esque tech, bringing you all the upgrades. I really hope Kai Leng joins your party and that that that student from Ascension ends up on your ship.

hermit7

Arjen said:
Tried out the new weapons last night, the Phallanx is awesome, love the laser targeting.

I bought it as well. The Assault Rifle is a beast. On insanity with Adrenaline rush I am 3 hitting most weaker enemies, Krogan are a little more powerful, but can still kill them with about 5.

Well I am playing through and I messed up on
Samura's loyalty
which I am guessing I am screwed on huh? Then
Miranda got pissed after the Jack mission
. I am trying to get my paragon up to help that but it's taking forever. Dumb loyalty. :lol

EatChildren

Casey Hudson on Mass Effect 3

Summary;
- Large plot points are planned from one game to the next, but not 'everything' is is planned in advance.
- Feels that planning everything in advance hinders creative opportunities, as much of the game is influenced by how players played the previous one.
- Says if you're someone who defines RPGs as something where you filter through hundreds of items and spend hours with numerical statistics, then Mass Effect 2 is not an RPG.
- Focus is on exploration, intense combat, and a deep and non-linear story.
- Over 1,000 emails variables from ME1/ME2 going into ME3's story.

EatChildren said:

:lol I really hope not. I will cry if they cop out like that. My expectations for ME3 are nigh unmeetable

-A truly massive long story like Dragon Age
-Be able to go back and visit all of the ME1/2 locations and characters to see how things ended up
-A huge cast of returning and new characters
-The best ending in video game history

that's all I'm asking haha

EatChildren

Because I know the whole "what happened with all the sidequests?" thing, aka the variables, are going to be utter rubbish like most of them were in Mass Effect 2, I think the best course of action would be for BioWare to pull a Fallout/Arcanum and have a montage of slides and imagery once the game ends, going back over all the important quests and decisions made across all three games, and finalising their outcomes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It'd be awesome if you could get up to a 20 person crew for ME3.

Group must include Aria, btw.

Also then you could (pipedream) have three people to take with you on missions. For awesome four people battles.

EatChildren

Trickster said:
I've recently gotten a 460gtx card. Figured I'd finally try and get nhancer and force some AA in the ME2. I found this supposed video on how to get AA working in ME2. But it's not working at all.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

video in question - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=067TGFr39JM

Are you using the most recent drivers? The version of nHancer I had stopped working with the most recent nVidia drivers, so I had to use the basic control panel.

Make sure that whatever setting your AA is on says "Override any application setting", and not "Enhance application setting". The latter wont do anything.

EatChildren said:
Casey Hudson on Mass Effect 3

Summary;
- Large plot points are planned from one game to the next, but not 'everything' is is planned in advance.
- Feels that planning everything in advance hinders creative opportunities, as much of the game is influenced by how players played the previous one.
- Says if you're someone who defines RPGs as something where you filter through hundreds of items and spend hours with numerical statistics, then Mass Effect 2 is not an RPG.
- Focus is on exploration, intense combat, and a deep and non-linear story.

The million dollar question imo is who will be your squadmates in ME3. Seeing as its possible for the majority of them to be dead in certain playthrough's it makes me wonder if Bioware would go through the trouble of writing dialogue, paying for VA, setting up sidequests etc if not every consumer will see it. I'm just really worried that the squadmates in ME1 and ME2 will basically be on the sidelines for ME3. I hope they get around this in one way or another so they are front and center, even if it's a really dumb solution like a dues ex machina so anyone who died in ME2 either survived or can be resurrected.

rvy

Banned
Damn, how come I feel so bad about hitting on Miranda just because I had sex with Ashley in ME? This is a videogame, I shouldn't feel bad about this stuff... hell, I should be tapping every female ass on that ship.

Uh, haven't done anything yet though, no sex. I hope BioWare bring back Ashley for ME 3 and reward players for keeping it in their pants.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
rvy said:
Damn, how come I feel so bad about hitting on Miranda just because I had sex with Ashley in ME? This is a videogame, I shouldn't feel bad about this stuff... hell, I should be tapping every female ass on that ship.

Uh, haven't done anything yet though, no sex. I hope BioWare bring back Ashley for ME 3 and reward players for keeping it in their pants.
What Ashley doesn't know won't hurt her. I'm sure none of your crew members were watching through the big ass windows in the engine room and just make sure Miranda dies to tie up the loose end (that could be tricky).

"In Mass Effect 2 we focused on what we love about RPGs: An awesome sense of exploration, intense combat, a deep and non-linear story that's affected by your actions, and rich customisation of your armour, weapons and appearance..."

That would be great, only there wasn't any exploration or "rich customization".

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I really fucking hope we do these long ass army recruiting missions in 3. I really fucking want everyone together.

Mass Effect 2 made the Illusive Man seem kinda cool, but Retribution made him seem like a serious dick, maybe 3 can make him do something redeemable like sacrificing himself for an alien. I want to recruit Aria and the Illusive Man for their respective armies.

scarybore

EatChildren said:

Cheers for the link. He mentions "rich customisation of your armour" which I guess is true if you liked messing with colour sliders, but Mass Effect 2 was sorely lacking variety in armour types and I hope this is rectified in ME3.

Most of the DLC armour didn't help matters either since you couldn't mix and match with other armour types and you were forced to wear a helmet which I refuse to do as it looks stupid in conversations.

The million dollar question imo is who will be your squadmates in ME3.

Indeed, ME2 certainly complicates matters with its format and I'm glad it's Bioware and not me who has to decide how to put it all together as there will no doubt be a lot of disappointed fans no matter what they do.

As long as it's a mix of old and new faces with a high ratio of aliens to humans then I'll be happy, I'm still hoping for a volus or hanar in my party but a batarian would be a lot more realistic.

Samara

rvy said:

There's supposed to be a reward for the one who stayed loyal to their romances. I hope it's worth it. Jacob was so hot :3

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All done with the new ME book, Retribution. It was entertaining and answered some questions about ME2 and what is canon in the universe. Worth reading.

Salz01

Deathcraze said:
Cheers for the link. He mentions "rich customisation of your armour" which I guess is true if you liked messing with colour sliders, but Mass Effect 2 was sorely lacking variety in armour types and I hope this is rectified in ME3.

Most of the DLC armour didn't help matters either since you couldn't mix and match with other armour types and you were forced to wear a helmet which I refuse to do as it looks stupid in conversations.

I too wish they had more armor options. I dont think it will be solved in ME3 though. It just seems so 'throw away' anyways the way its implemented. The stat boosts you can call it that, are so minor, I barely noticed it on my play throughs. To put more focus on that, I think would turn this into a loot game, which they obviously dont want to do.

I say ditch the mining mini game, and make a 'create your own armor' mini game.

Sir Garbageman said:
The million dollar question imo is who will be your squadmates in ME3. Seeing as its possible for the majority of them to be dead in certain playthrough's it makes me wonder if Bioware would go through the trouble of writing dialogue, paying for VA, setting up sidequests etc if not every consumer will see it. I'm just really worried that the squadmates in ME1 and ME2 will basically be on the sidelines for ME3. I hope they get around this in one way or another so they are front and center, even if it's a really dumb solution like a dues ex machina so anyone who died in ME2 either survived or can be resurrected.

In Mass Effect 3 I hope they let you customize your squad. Meaning make a ton of squad decision making missions or choices. For example, you get a distress signal to save Miranda but Liara turns it off or something and then you can choose to stay with Liara or bitch her out and go save Miranda. If you decide to ignore the signal then maybe Miranda dies or survives but if she survives you meet her down the line. It can be real emotional because she will be pissed that you left her to die.. F'n ace!

Or atleast something like that because there were alot of characters I could have done without.

My squad for ME3 based on ME1/2 would be:

Wrex
Garrus
Mordin
Miranda
Jack
Legion
Maybe Kasumi

I just don't want to be tied down to carrying squad members that I could care less for.

hermit7

Stallion Free said:
What Ashley doesn't know won't hurt her. I'm sure none of your crew members were watching through the big ass windows in the engine room and just make sure Miranda dies to tie up the loose end (that could be tricky).

Kasumi comments on you doing it in the engine room. Says something about Tali being close by.

epmode

diamondstar said:
I just don't want to be tied down to carrying squad members that I could care less for.
For god's sake, think about what you just wrote. Really think about it. I do not think it means what you think it means.

SORRY GAF THIS IS MAKING ME CRAZY

Dresden

Don't care if Miranda or the others die between ME2 and 3, tbh.

I just want my alien bros and gals back. Garrus, Tali, Mordin, and Legion. Maybe Grunt if I'm feeling nice. Not sure about Liara unless the Asari are down with polygamy.

epmode said:
For god's sake, think about what you just wrote. Really think about it. I do not think it means what you think it means.

SORRY GAF THIS IS MAKING ME CRAZY

If you are referring to Tali then I stand by what I said. She was cool but I didn't have the huge E-crush that most seem to have on her.

Edit: oh grammar police.. my bad chief...

Dresden

diamondstar said:
If you are referring to Tali then I stand by what I said. She was cool but I didn't have the huge E-crush that most seem to have on her.
He's talking about 'could care less for.' It should be 'couldn't care less.'

Dresden said:
Don't care if Miranda or the others die between ME2 and 3, tbh.

I just want my alien bros and gals back. Garrus, Tali, Mordin, and Legion. Maybe Grunt if I'm feeling nice. Not sure about Liara unless the Asari are down with polygamy.

Actually Liara is pretty okay with you suggesting she and Ashley share you. I doesn't work out because Ashley isn't into that though.

Also, needs more Wrex.

My ME3 dream team would be Wrex, Garrus, Miranda, Ashley, Tali, Thane, and Liara in that order. If they retain a big role in ME3 (preferably as squadmates) with a couple of new interesting characters I'd be all for it.

Sir Garbageman said:
My ME3 dream team would be Wrex, Garrus, Miranda, Ashley, Tali, Thane, and Liara in that order. If they retain a big role in ME3 (preferably as squadmates) with a couple of new interesting characters I'd be all for it.

This 'cept add Legion and Mordin, and remove Miranda.

Fimbulvetr said:
This 'cept add Legion and Mordin, and remove Miranda.

I figure there are 14- 15 squadmates between ME1 and ME2, so I was shooting for my top 7, hoping that about half of them are available in ME3. Mordin was def borderline for me.

gdt

Just finished re-playing ME1 (I totally forgot how badass the entire final act is)! Now to download all of this extra stuff (haven't bought the point for Kasumi and Overlord), plus the Firepower pack (happen to have exactly 160 points). Hopefully I'll start this tonight.

Denzar

What the fuck?

I've been playing for about 4 hours without doing manual saves because I apparently could not save (the option is grayed out in the start menu)... I did not think this would be a problem considering auto save is enabled...

Guess what... I quit to the main menu ans all my progress was lost? What gives?

Gotta replay that stuff all again... UGH (I just recruited
Mordin
).

EDIT: It appears to be a glitch. The game forgot to ask for a storage device.

Thanks a fucking lot Bioware. 4 Hours down the fucking drain. Goddamnit. Not really feel like playing that again... Butt I'll have to...since the game is fucking awesome.

Well I just finished the game- epic, epic game. I loved it and can't wait to play through as a douchebag renegade.

Miranda is awesome but I felt dirty cheating on Ashley with her- I go back up to my cabin and see Ashley's picture flipped upside down... I'm gonna have to do a New Game+ as a good Shepard before ME3 comes out to get me amped up and also to stay loyal to Ashley- Miranda was awesome though :lol

kai3345

Banned
my dream team for ME3 would be

Lover from ME1 (Ashley/Liara/Kaiden)
Lover from ME2 (if you had one, or if your lover is one of the "dream team" members, Grunt takes their place)
Wrex
Aria
Thane
Garrus
A Hanar/ Elcor party member
A batarian party member
Some obscure side character from one of the first two games
EDI who is in a mech/geth body

gdt

Wait....question:

I imported my ME1 character, but it says my level is 58. I don't really want to start off ME2 a super powerful dude, how does that work?

I want to play the game fresh, not a psuedo NG+ like following playthroughs of ME1.

Edit: Ahh, never mind, read the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom