• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Yo said:
In some cases these bonuses actually screw with the balance of the game. I recall Dead Space having a pre-order bonus with some high level armor. However, once you have DLed and equipped the armor, you cannot use any other suit in the game. In fact the whole aspect of suit progression is lost at that point. I wonder if Dead Space's developers really wanted something like that considering they had obviously developed this whole system of suit progression for a reason.

Yeah it was the obsidian armor, I downloaded it when it was up and it was much better than any other armor in the game.

notworksafe

kyo_daikun said:
Do you know if there is another mini black hole weapon in the game? Or an organic weapon like the CE one?

I don't know if there is, but there may be. I'm just going by the Dragon Age stuff, but they were just weaker items then you'd get normally (i.e. there were rings with better stats that you'd get, or weapons with more attack power)

However the black hole weapon was the one bonus that perked my interest over all the others, but I adhere to strict Fuck Gamestop policy (but I'd buy any extra DLC codes people may have around :D )

Ephemeris

Hawk269 said:
However, if you wait till the midnight launch and you are number 20 in line and they only have a "few" extra CE, you may be screwed. That is why I suggest he go NOW to ask to upgrade...this way he ensures he get's it.
Agreed.

SILVO

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
Do you know if there is another mini black hole weapon in the game? Or an organic weapon like the CE one?

When you spend $60+ on something is it too much to expect you can try everything out in a game even if its just a different weapon? Can you imagine Halo if they removed the laser sword and made it a preorder only bonus?

I personally don't see why we can't have access to everything on the disc that is sitting in our machines, if they made it so people who ordered from certain places got a timed exclusive on certain items I would not care but thats not the way it is.

"I don't. I should know, I caved and bought the game twice and got a code off ebay"

They don't make it a timed exclusive because if they did, people would just wait for it to come out for free instead of preordering from the outlet, which is the whole point of the extra items even existing in the first place

Samara

ok my babycakes. i have been away for a couple of days, but who is making those awesome avatars? :D

why do i get redeem promocode when i go to the website? because i want to give away a armor code.....

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Don't press your luck on GameStop having any extra CE's. Preorders for those stopped over a month ago, so they are going to be in veeeerry limited supply.

If they have any extras, it's going to be a very, very small amount. Like maybe 1-2 copies. At best. Sometimes, like Forza 3, they undership and they didn't even have enough to fulfill preorders until the next day.

My suggestion is that you call your local GameStop now and see if you can get them to tell you if they have extra CE's. Then, show up to the midnight launch early. Like, 1-2 hours hours early. That's your best chance.

notworksafe said:
I don't know if there is, but there may be. I'm just going by the Dragon Age stuff, but they were just weaker items then you'd get normally (i.e. there were rings with better stats that you'd get, or weapons with more attack power) However the black hole weapon was the one bonus that perked my interest over all the others.

I got all the items for Dragon age thanks to a screw up on the european PSN, I have to say im over halfway in the game and im still using all the DLC items as I haven't found anything better. The edge blade was a high level weapon for rogues and the dragon armor was high end armor that needed over 20 strength to use.

Probably why im bothered more about the items for this, if its confirmed they are expendable low level stuff then I wouldnt worry so much.

Rad-

Few new reviews for last day hype up:

For many, the ultimate game is about freedom of choice and Mass Effect 2 goes a long way to fulfilling that aim. The first authentic 10/10 game of 2010 and a very early hot favourite for game of the year. A work of art and a breed apart, Mass Effect is in full effect. Now if you‘ll excuse us, we‘ve got planets to explore.

10/10

http://www.games2c.com/pc/reviews/review_item.asp?t=Mass+Effect+2+Review&gpid=3793&rid=1296&sec=pc

It may only be January, but Mass Effect 2 is already a serious contender for game of the year.

5/5

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2010/jan/25/mass-effect-2-game-review

Ironborn

Banned
where did the talk of the me2 ce being so very limited come from?
i saw some dragon age ces last week, i guess me2 ces will be similarly "limited", right?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ironborn said:
where did the talk of the me2 ce being so very limited come from?
i saw some dragon age ces last week, i guess me2 ces will be similarly "limited", right?

Well like I said, preorders for the CE stopped at GameStop like a month ago. When preorders end early, that is never a good sign for CE availability.

I dont want to read or watch any reviews or gameplay for fear of getting spoiled, but have they fixed the framerate, pop-in and A.I. issues from the first game?

I'm trying to just glance at some posts here to see if anyone mentions it, but thought it would be easier to just ask.

Hawk269

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Well when I went to pick up the original Mass Effect they had extra CE's and we're letting people "upgrade" as long as they had copies. I'm hoping the same thing happens with Mass Effect 2.

Unlike some CE of years past, ME2 CE is going to be very limited. As others stated, some gamestops stopped taking CE preorders over a month ago, at my local store they only took 5 and had to stop...so...it may be more rare than typical CE of other games.

I have a backup at Best Buy, so if it falls through at Gamestop, I have a CE reserved at BB..I will just go early tomorrow in the morning to ensure I get the CE.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I was serious before. If anybody managed to grab that free DLC and manages to have it successfully tied to their game account and usable in the game, I would love a code for the Blood Dragon and/or Inferno armor.

Any Dr. Pepper codes would be great too, in general really, since we dont get them in Australia.

If not, no bigger. I'll find other ways to get them.

hulot

kyo_daikun said:
Edit: Then im confused because of your next post and don't know what to think :lol
I'm a completionist so these pre-order affairs do bother me but I can also somewhat rationally understand it so I don't complain. It just gets absurd when you have some people who claim that they're not buying a game simply because of a few bonus items aren't included in a game that contains many times that....really, it's their loss. (I don't like game-changing bonuses though, Dragon Age wasn't too bad in that aspect so hopefully it's the same with ME)

stupei said:
It's raining so hard my jeans were totally soaked through and I just actually poured water from my shoe into the bath tub, but I have the game in my hand.

Um. I was seriously going to finish my run through of ME1 first, but I think that maybe I am too weak. I'm pretty sure I am.
Same here. NY?

Hawk269

KittonGotWet said:
I dont want to read or watch any reviews or gameplay for fear of getting spoiled, but have they fixed the framerate, pop-in and A.I. issues from the first game?

I'm trying to just glance at some posts here to see if anyone mentions it, but thought it would be easier to just ask.

From reports form people that are playing, pop-in is pretty much gone or non-existent depending on who you speak with. As far as AI issues, have not heard of any "odd" reports.

Hawk269 said:
Unlike some CE of years past, ME2 CE is going to be very limited. As others stated, some gamestops stopped taking CE preorders over a month ago, at my local store they only took 5 and had to stop...so...it may be more rare than typical CE of other games.

I have a backup at Best Buy, so if it falls through at Gamestop, I have a CE reserved at BB..I will just go early tomorrow in the morning to ensure I get the CE.

Seems like this is the case with ME2. Sucks that as gamers we have been conditioned into thinking CE's will be plentiful. I blame Halo 3.

Hawk269 said:
From reports form people that are playing, pop-in is pretty much gone or non-existent depending on who you speak with. As far as AI issues, have not heard of any "odd" reports.

cool, as long as framerate is stable it should keep me playing.

the first one just bit off more that it could chew it seemed as far as the consoles horsepower goes.

Blackface

Banned
I was lucky enough to get it a bit early. Have sunk about 5-6 hours into it so far.

It's one of the only games in a long time that has truly blown my mind. I really don't want to spoil anything for anyone so I am not really going to say much more.

I have had more fun in the first six hours of ME2, then 99 percent of games give me during their entire duration.

notworksafe

kyo_daikun said:
I got all the items for Dragon age thanks to a screw up on the european PSN, I have to say im over halfway in the game and im still using all the DLC items as I haven't found anything better. The edge blade was a high level weapon for rogues and the dragon armor was high end armor that needed over 20 strength to use.

I hate to be picky on this but Edge dagger and Dragon Armor shouldn't count because everyone that bought the game got a copy of those.

I was referring to stuff like the Memory Band and necklaces that gave minor stat or XP bonuses. Those were retailer specific items and I dropped them rather quickly.

Hawk269

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Seems like this is the case with ME2. Sucks that as gamers we have been conditioned into thinking CE's will be plentiful. I blame Halo 3.

lol..yeah...I think you can, if you look, find some new Halo 3 with the helmet...hehehe. The Dragon Age CE was a little challenging as well, but was able to get one. ME2 sounds to be very limited, so who knows. I just better get mine or I am going to be pissed!

Ironborn

Banned
SuperEnemyCrab said:
damn it, i preordered the CEs of gears, mass effect, halo 3, gears 2 and fallout 3, and they were all plentiful
now is the first time i didn't preorder a CE i wanted, and it's actually limited??? OH WHAT THE FUCK, i hate this crap :lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
ng4leu.jpg

:D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dan Yo said:
Just an HJ? Oh no. You're going to earn your Terminus armor.

Terminus and Collectors I'll have. I dont know if Blood Dragon armor is worth the whole nine yards...

Phloxy

Got my PC version today. Running the game at 60 fps 1080 16x aa buttery fucking smooothhh. Funny, part 1 one with same settings runs slower than part 2 with the same settings.

Mad_Ban

Jtyettis said:
X2

I'll have to legit bail out of this thread tonight. I know you'll all be talking about spoilers tomorrow and I won't be able to resist highlighting them.

*tries to add thread to ignore list* :(

EatChildren

notworksafe said:
Well DAO is a fun game and worth the purchase, if that makes a difference.

I've come very close to purchasing it numerous times, but something about it keeps holding me back. Honestly, I think I'm finally over the Tolkien-esque fantasy worlds for awhile, and have no interest in returning to the D&D style gameplay of Baldur's Gate and co.

Maybe sometime in the future, but not now.

Mad_Ban said:
X2

I'll have to legit bail out of this thread tonight. I know you'll all be talking about spoilers tomorrow and I won't be able to resist highlighting them.

*tries to add thread to ignore list* :(

Yup, I might have to actually do work tomorrow.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
sweetwasabi said:
i hate you guys sooo much.

will i need an internet connection to download the promocode?
You'll need an internet connection to redeem the promo code's and you'll need an internet connection to download the DLC.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
sweetwasabi said:

From what happened today, they are all DLC that you have to be online to get, yes.

TheSailerman

Neo Member
sweetwasabi said:

I think you answered your own question. You can't very well download it if you don't have an Internet connection.

...and if you meant something different, I apologize. :D

pahamrick

EatChildren said:
I was serious before. If anybody managed to grab that free DLC and manages to have it successfully tied to their game account and usable in the game, I would love a code for the Blood Dragon and/or Inferno armor.

Any Dr. Pepper codes would be great too, in general really, since we dont get them in Australia.

If not, no bigger. I'll find other ways to get them.

If the free DLC works for me, I'll pass along my Inferno code to you once Amazon decides to give it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom