• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubezh

The only DLC I've liked so far is Shadow Broker, Kasumi, and the Firepower Pack. I was disappointed in Overlord mostly because of the Hammerhead filler content. Aegis, Equalizer, Alternate Appearance are garbage.

JohngPR

Extollere said:
LMAO, quite funny - given that me and my wife do the exact same thing. Because of her I ended up romancing Tali, ah well. Alien has some booty at least.

My wife romanced Kaiden. She was pretty disappointed when he
was barely in ME2.
:lol

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
diglyd said:
You know I might be in the minority saying this but I am really not that impressed by ME2 in general over ME1. I played ME1 4 times and really enjoyed the openness of the game, the great looking planets, the more advanced lighting engine, and the story. The Inventory mangement was ok not as bad as people make it out to be and the Mako was a pain in the ass to drive but the sense of exploration was really great. It felt like a space opera.

ME2 on the other hand feels so small in comparison so clusterphobic. The conversation system is much more mature and the individual stories are cool as are all the characters. However the entire game felt so "rushed" to me compared to the first one. I am currently at the part before the final mission and have completed all the DLC and loyalty missions. I don't know maybe its just me but the game feels "hollow" and devoide of any sense of scope and wonder.

I liked how in the first game I wasn't always in combat and that I did not know if something was going to happen. It just felt like an adventure or traditional RPG. This feels more like a shooter with a normal level design where you pop into a level and instantly know you are going to have ot just kill stuff. I know this has been said before on there but it still bothers me to no end that Bioware removed any and all sense of surprise.

Also most of the locations are tiny in comparison to the places in the first game with absolutely no sense of exploration. Like on the citadel there is just nothing to do and its a fraction of the size of the old one. Same for other planets. Sure the backgrounds are pretty but everything just seems so lifeless.

I wasn't even that impressed with the DLC including Overlord. Based on the glowing reviews I thought it would br better and it felt shallow as well. This became even more true as over the last week I have started playing Fallout 3 again and went through the Mothership Zeta DLC expansion. It took me almost 8 hours to scour and explore the enitre ship killing massive amounts of aliens on Hard difficulty. That DLC really sucked me in and made me feel like I was really abord an alien ship. The final parts of the mission dealing with the Death Ray were icing on the cake. I never felt that playing any ofthe ME2 DLCs or the game itself. All the levels in ME2 are tiny, a few corridors and platforms that all look the same.

ME2 is faster, the combat is tighter, the conversations are better and the music is great as are the cutscenes but the game feels "rushed" and "unpolished" and really dumbed down. The mining is garbage and doesn't even present a sense of wonder or planetery exploration, the planets don't look as mysterious anymore as the really cool lighting endgine got dumbed down, the new mako and concept of mining is idiotic, and most of the side quests are pretty lame compared to anything in Fallout for example. Its like half a game and yet everyone everythwere is praising how great it is.

I think Bioware needs to take a lesson out of Fallout on how to create a world that actually immerses you, how to make a world that feels blievable, one that does not treat you like a child but leaves you alone to discover your own path instead without massive handholding or lame puzzles.

I don't know I guess I'm just wondering why everyone things ME2 is so good. I find that ME1 is far superior to the second game in many ways...from the overall story to the villan to the immersion and the scope. ME2 is a shallow, and hallow shell of the first one.

(*edited for some spelling errors)

diglyd

I totally understand what you're saying there. However, while most of us play games for our own enjoyment - a sense of exploration isn't really necessary to fully enjoy any particular game. ME2 seems to favor a streamlined and focused approach, instead of exploration, and this isn't really a bad thing for many players. Especially those who play the game to enjoy some strategic combat, and character story arcs. Here's another point about ME2... this game is really about the characters and the crew, not space, not new worlds (at least not in the same sense as the first). The various spins on traditional archetypes, and their individual conflicts are some of the best I've ever seen in a game, and that warrants it's own satisfaction. Furthermore, the combat in the game is really amazing when you look at it. The battlefield set ups are very thoroughly thought out, and seem to be tailor fit for the style of combat presented in the game. The arrangements allow teammates to flank enemies or draw fire away from you, or to set up more elaborate strategies. If you look at the maps (where cover is placed; floor layout) it's obvious that no real environment would be arranged in such a way. It's pure game philosophy skinned with crates, pipes, and barrels. In action it's really great the way everything comes together. It's a good balance between accurate shooting, bio usage and timing, and strategy. There is a risk and reward style of play going on behind almost every choice, and how you set up your team.

So while I see what you're saying, maybe your focus about ME2 was on the wrong thing? The two games are different, and ultimately set out to accomplish different things. It's easy to prefer one over the other; but it's not hard to understand why so many people like ME2. Exploration and immersion are great; so is putting 50 hours into a game you like, but those things aren't the only things that make playing games so much fun. Especially when you consider that a lot of people play games to challenge themselves (or others) in battle - which when you think of it, is sort of it's own sense of immersion. We're pretty lucky as gamers though to have titles like ME2 which still do a pretty damn good job of balancing tight combat, strat, multiple character arcs, and overall experience with extraordinarily high presentation.

X-Frame

So tonight I started a second playthrough of the Liara DLC with my FemShep and something weird happened ..
before the boss fight when she is holding the chick hostage, my FULL PARAGON FemShep didn't have the blue Paragon option available. I had to either drop my thermal clips or shoot the hostage. Is this a glitch?

Stallion Free said:
I wonder if next month's DLC will be another set of squad member costumes.
probably, but they still can release the pre-order and promotion items

Terminus Assault Armor
M-490 Blackstorm Projector

Umbra Visor
Recon Hood
Sentry Interface

possibly

Blood Dragon Armor
Collector Armor
Collector Assault Rifle

I'm sure they would sell

X-Frame said:
So tonight I started a second playthrough of the Liara DLC with my FemShep and something weird happened ..
before the boss fight when she is holding the chick hostage, my FULL PARAGON FemShep didn't have the blue Paragon option available. I had to either drop my thermal clips or shoot the hostage. Is this a glitch?
sounds like a bug :( try reloading that mission

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Just downloaded and played through the other DLC. Zaeed (?) - short little thing but cool. Kasumi was alright, had some really great music!! And Overlord.

Overlord was almost just as good as Shadow Broker. And that means that it's pretty damn good. The story isn't as engaging but there was a touching character bit at the end (depending on what you choose I guess. I took the paragon route.) And the hover vehicle was a nice break from the usual running around, although it would have been nice to use the vehicle for more than just transportation. Encounters with other vehicles maybe? Race? I dunno.

Still fun, and definitely lengthy, at least as long as Shadow Broker IMO. Loved the final segment with the computerized shit everywhere.

I was honestly expecting to fly around in a new solar system to explore after activating the Omega 4 relay. I didn't think I'd be playing the final mission of the main storyline. The game really lacked the epic feel of the first.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jamesfrom818 said:
I was honestly expecting to fly around in a new solar system to explore after activating the Omega 4 relay. I didn't think I'd be playing the final mission of the main storyline. The game really lacked the epic feel of the first.

Yeah, that whole part was underwhelming.
THE COLLECTORS ARE NEAR A SUPER MASSIVE BLACK HOLE HOW CAN THEY DO THAT OH MY GOD ITS A SUPER SPECIAL AMAZING AREA ITS GONNA BE AMAZING. *cue pre-rendered low resolution videoclip*

Aske

Jamesfrom818 said:

Lame as it sounds, I missed the "Look at how awesome my fucking Shepard is!!!!!!" screen at the climax. That was a huge, huge moment for me in ME1. ME2 definitely went out with a whimper by comparison.

I'm finally playing the ME2 DLC. Loved the Kasumi mission, and she's an awesome squad member. Very useful unique powers. Currently in the middle of Overlord, and enjoying the Firepower pack. New handgun rocks. It'll be a while before I play Shadow Broker because I'm pretty early on in my current ME2 run, but if it's even better than the other missions I can't wait.

Mr YuYu

Question: I allready talked to liara and i now have to take a cab to her appartment. Is it to late now to turn up the difficulty to hard? I would like to have the achievment :-/. Thx in advance

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I have a question regarding DLC. I haven't completed the main game yet, but, without spoilers on what happens in the end, can I play the DLC after I've completed the main game? Is it still challenging with a character that leveled up that high?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mr YuYu said:
Question: I allready talked to liara and i now have to take a cab to her appartment. Is it to late now to turn up the difficulty to hard? I would like to have the achievment :-/. Thx in advance

I'm not entire sure, but if the quest is active then yes I'm thinking it will be too late.

FlyinJ said:
I have a question regarding DLC. I haven't completed the main game yet, but, without spoilers on what happens in the end, can I play the DLC after I've completed the main game? Is it still challenging with a character that leveled up that high?

Unlike Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 lets you continue playing after the end-game, allowing you to finish missed side-quests on uncharted worlds as well as complete DLC quests.

I've played all of the DLC missions at max level, and still found them plenty fun and challenging. The downside is you wont get much/any sweet loot rewards, but that is the nature of Mass Effect 2.

Mindlog

EatChildren said:
Yeah, that whole part was underwhelming.
THE COLLECTORS ARE NEAR A SUPER MASSIVE BLACK HOLE HOW CAN THEY DO THAT OH MY GOD ITS A SUPER SPECIAL AMAZING AREA ITS GONNA BE AMAZING. *cue pre-rendered low resolution videoclip*

I stocked up on fuel and probes expecting at least some limited investigation with no outposts :\

I wonder how closely the CN news writer works with the dev team. The virtual universe plot line sounds important. I hope Sheppard gets involved.

Finally, Cerberus was right. Without Reaper tech EDI would have failed. Humanity first and whatnot.

p.s. port Pinnacle Station to ME2.
p.p.s. release a harder difficulty level for consoles

EatChildren

Mindlog said:
Finally, Cerberus was right. Without Reaper tech EDI would have failed. Humanity first and whatnot.

The only success Cerberus has had was Shepard, and considering how I treated them it even that could arguably be a failure (from their perspective).

SHEPARD IS GOING ROGUE MAN. Sexiest space bitch in the whole galaxy.

EatChildren said:
The only success Cerberus has had was Shepard, and considering how I treated them it even that could arguably be a failure (from their perspective).

I think his point is that Cerberus is right about
keeping the Collector base for research. EDI and the Thanix cannon were both made from Reaper tech, so it's hard to argue that it's not needed.

Of course Bioware is going to make sure it's all a moot point in the end.

Basileus777 said:
keeping the Collector base for research. EDI and the Thanix cannon were both made from Reaper tech, so it's hard to argue that it's not needed.

Of course Bioware is going to make sure it's all a moot point in the end.

In ME3 i expect something like Cerberus'
participation in the big reaper fight to either help greatly with the reaper tech (and end up having a bigger say on humanity's role), or fail miserably and be destroyed as an organisation. Thats my theory anyway :)

EatChildren

Basileus777 said:

EDI might have been made by Cerberus, but it was EDI her/itself that made use of the Reaper tech. The Thanix Cannon was made by Turians, not Cerberus.

Including the first game, and the books, nearly every (if not every) experiment of Cerberus you deal with has been a failure.

Game logic has me believe that even though I'd hand over the Reaper tech to people I trust (not Cerberus), keeping it means Cerberus gets it no matter what. Retribution is an entire story about how Cerberus cannot handle Reaper technology.

EatChildren said:
EDI might have been made by Cerberus, but it was EDI her/itself that made use of the Reaper tech. The Thanix Cannon was made by Turians, not Cerberus.

Including the first game, and the books, nearly every (if not every) experiment of Cerberus you deal with has been a failure.

Game logic has me believe that even though I'd hand over the Reaper tech to people I trust (not Cerberus), keeping it means Cerberus gets it no matter what. Retribution is an entire story about how Cerberus cannot handle Reaper technology.

EDI mentions at some point that she was created by Cerberus using technology salvaged from the remains of Sovereign.

EatChildren said:

The Thanix Cannon was made by the Turians but they still used Reaper tech to develop it.

Vinlaen

Where can I find some good face and armor skin replacements for the female Shepard?

The Octagon's screenshots look extremely beautiful...

Alucrid

Banned
Rubezh said:
The only DLC I've liked so far is Shadow Broker, Kasumi, and the Firepower Pack. I was disappointed in Overlord mostly because of the Hammerhead filler content. Aegis, Equalizer, Alternate Appearance are garbage.

Maybe it's just me but I think the Aegis armor, minus the helmet, looks the best.

Hixx

Finished Shadow Broker last night. Amazing. THAT's how you do DLC. £6 for 2 hours of content and a few bonuses (cool story info things)? More of this and I'll buy them day 1. Shit I can't wait to restart my fem shep just to do it again :lol

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Vinlaen said:
Where can I find some good face and armor skin replacements for the female Shepard?

The Octagon's screenshots look extremely beautiful...

I ended up using a face code from the masseffect2faces.com site. I tweaked a couple small things on it, and added a custom hairstyle from one of the NPCs. It's probably not perfect, but I think it looks alright. It's also got Ashley's skin texture.

Untitled5.jpg

Untitled4.jpg

EatChildren

Jamesfrom818 said:
The Thanix Cannon was made by the Turians but they still used Reaper tech to develop it.

I know, but Cerberus' history with new technology that they personally deal with is still a dangerous one. Rachni? Screwed it up. Husks? Screwed it up. Creepers? Screwed it up. AI and Geth? Screwed it up (Overlord). Biotic enhancements? Screwed it up, at least twice (Jack and the events of Ascension). Reaper tech implants? Screwed it up (Retribution).

The idea of having Reaper tech on the organic side is all well and good, but I simply dont trust Cerberus. I dont care how much money they have, I dont care about how much they care about beating the Reapers, and I dont care about any of their past successes (eg: Shepard). They've had far too many failures almost all due to dealing with technology and biology they dont understand.

Hell, their attempts at exploring the derelict Reaper were also a failure. Cerberus and Reapers do not mix.

Besides, using game logic I know I will defeat the Reapers. If the consiquences of destroying the Collector Base and dead Reaper are heavy casualties to Cerberus then I welcome them.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
EatChildren said:
I know, but Cerberus' history with new technology that they personally deal with is still a dangerous one. Rachni? Screwed it up. Husks? Screwed it up. Creepers? Screwed it up. AI and Geth? Screwed it up (Overlord). Biotic enhancements? Screwed it up, at least twice (Jack and the events of Ascension). Reaper tech implants? Screwed it up (Retribution).

The idea of having Reaper tech on the organic side is all well and good, but I simply dont trust Cerberus. I dont care how much money they have, I dont care about how much they care about beating the Reapers, and I dont care about any of their past successes (eg: Shepard). They've had far too many failures almost all due to dealing with technology and biology they dont understand.

Hell, their attempts at exploring the derelict Reaper were also a failure. Cerberus and Reapers do not mix.

Besides, using game logic I know I will defeat the Reapers. If the consiquences of destroying the Collector Base and dead Reaper are heavy casualties to Cerberus then I welcome them.

You took the words out of my mouth which is why I choose to destroy the Collector's base rather than give it to Cerberus because i know eventually I would have to clean up that mess.

OMG Aero

I was really annoyed that at the end of ME2 I couldn't choose to
give the reaper base to the alliance. It was either Cerberus or destroy it.

On a slightly unrelated note, since some people here have completed it, I was thinking about getting the Shadow Broker DLC and getting back into my Insanity run but I heard somewhere that the DLC takes place after the end of the game and there are extra lines of dialogue if you do it then. Is this true and should I wait until I finish my Insanity run before getting it, or is it just like any other DLC where it fits in wherever?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
neojubei said:
You took the words out of my mouth which is why I choose to destroy the Collector's base rather than give it to Cerberus because i know eventually I would have to clean up that mess.

But wouldn't "cleaning up that mess" translate into more gameplay, in development terms? I also destroyed the Collector's base FWIW

hermit7

OMG Aero said:

On a slightly unrelated note, since some people here have completed it, I was thinking about getting the Shadow Broker DLC and getting back into my Insanity run but I heard somewhere that the DLC takes place after the end of the game and there are extra lines of dialogue if you do it then. Is this true and should I wait until I finish my Insanity run before getting it, or is it just like any other DLC where it fits in wherever?

It can be done at any time after getting to Illium.

Wallach

OMG Aero said:

"Giving" the Reaper installation to the Alliance would be tricky. EDI is the one with the keys to go through the Omega-4 relay, not Shepard.

Extollere said:
But wouldn't "cleaning up that mess" translate into more gameplay, in development terms? I also destroyed the Collector's base FWIW
If it was done right, but you know what would happen, you'll just get an e-mail about it :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Extollere said:

True but Shepard, she already has alot on her plate with the Reapers, these things destroys civilizations

X-Frame

I wish that Bioware made all of the NPC hair available to your Shep's .. 360'ers are left out with those hair mods for the FemShep's.

I wish I could give my FemShep that hair! (first post on this page).

Mindlog

I've been playing a renegade insanity adept. Fun playthrough. With that in mind I can answer these questions.

EatChildren said:

Human casualties. Every species in the cosmos has an organization designed to ensure the security of their race with power beyond law. Just because this organization happens to be human they're labeled :tc:terrorists.

"But...They recklessly dive into questionable situations and get innocent people killed all the time!" You mean the Spectres? Every Spectre encountered (3) has innocent civilian blood on their hands.

OMG Aero said:

That's because the dirty obvious secret is that Cerberus is still a fully sanctioned organization. Cerberus can do the dirty work for human governments under a cover of plausible deniability.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Spectres said:
Cerberus agents are entrusted with extraordinary authority by the Alliance, including the power of life and death over the inhabitants of the galaxy. They form an elite group selected from a number of different disciplines, and their primary responsibility is to preserve human stability by whatever means necessary.

The real reason to destroy the base is because even if we win, we lose. -Sovereign ME 1 speech here-

ps I wouldn't mind losing ship driving in the galaxy map.
games

X-Frame said:
I wish that Bioware made all of the NPC hair available to your Shep's .. 360'ers are left out with those hair mods for the FemShep's.

I wish I could give my FemShep that hair! (first post on this page).
You can, just follow the steps on this page. It's easy as pie.

Xevren

Played through the Shadow Broker DLC last night, really loved that.
Loved reading the terminals, especially Legion's gamertag :lol

Dalauz

Xevren said:
Played through the Shadow Broker DLC last night, really loved that.
Loved reading the terminals, especially Legion's gamertag :lol
Come to post this LOL

Legion gamertag :lol :lol :lol

Edit:

X-Frame said:

the very same thing happens to me. It was kinda buggy
So I had to choose to drop my termal clips but after the cinematic I still had all my ammo

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Shadow Broker was by far the best DLC yet... really well done, with some great setpieces and environments. Nothing felt very rehashed or out of place, and even the boss fights were pretty challenging and exciting. Only thing that I didn't like was
the dodgy car chase scene
. The little story bonuses at the end of the game were a nice touch too. THIS is how you do DLC.

EatChildren

Mindlog said:
I'Human casualties. Every species in the cosmos has an organization designed to ensure the security of their race with power beyond law. Just because this organization happens to be human they're labeled :tc:terrorists.

That's because the dirty obvious secret is that Cerberus is still a fully sanctioned organization. Cerberus can do the dirty work for human governments under a cover of plausible deniability.

All true, and I don’t like how they operate. I don’t care that other species have similar organizations; I'd shut them down too if given the chance. But just because I haven’t been given the option to deal with them doesn't mean I'm going to pass on the option of dealing with Cerberus.

It doesn't matter how
tied to the Alliance Cerberus are
, or what accomplishments they have made. They are run by a blatantly racist and reckless lunatic, conduct inhumane biological experimentation, and have left nothing but a trail of failures and mistakes that I've had to clean up.

We can dance around the other variables all we like but it doesn't change how Cerberus act and their attitude, and it doesn't erase their many, many colossal fuckups.
They might be the Alliance' Spectres, but it doesn't mean they're any good at their job.
As I said, through the course of two games and three books their crime resume reads as;

- Lured Alliance soldiers into a Thresher Maw attack and then conducted biological experiments (injected with Thresha Maw acid) on a survivor.
- Set hostile Rachni loose on multiple planets.
- Lost control of the Thorian Creepers.
- Caused a civilian colonial pioneer team to turn into Husks after sending them dangerous technology.
- Deliberately caused the element zero accident over Yandoa resulting in birth defects and biotic children from civilian survivors. Likely caused the other two element zero related accidents that occurred along with Yandoa during a four month period.
- Conducted biological and psychological experimentation on multiple children, including Jack (lied to her parents about her supposed 'death' to acquire her), and Gillian Grayson (injected with a substance causing a hospitalizing seizure and likely worsening her autism).
- Killed Quarian civilians, attacking the Migrant Fleet.
- Conducted human experiments with an artificial intelligence program. Had the AI program escaped it could have potentially hijacked every single electronic device in the galaxy with extranet communication.
- Are an underground organization that, due to its poor structuring and hokey chain of command, willingly employs racists, murderers, single minded fanatics (literally), and untrustworthy operatives that have betrayed their own orders, including unapproved biological experimentation and attempting to sell captive humans to Collectors.

And, to top things off, nearly every single one of the above scenarios had to be stopped or cleaned up by a non-Cerberus operative.

As I said, I don’t care how the other races work and their comparative organizations, nor do I can how deep Cerberus are in the Alliance. I dont care what good they have done. The structure they have, and their operations, are not something I agree with. Even with a heavy dose of moral relativism I cant ignore their continuous failures. Failures I usually have to clean up. Cerberus are not how humanity should be represented.

And this is coming from somebody who thinks the genophage was a sound idea.

Mindlog

Cerberus has had some teething issues, but humans are new to the galactic espionage game. We can't make an omelet without cracking a few hundred eggs. Humanity has no choice. Either we take risks to propel ourselves forward or we accept the safe route and risk becoming.. .. Batarians.

Renegade Shep playthrough is getting weird. Sometimes he's doing the right thing the 'wrong' way and sometimes he's just an enormous dickhead. I had never seen the renegade side of Jack's loyalty quest.

What a jerk :lol

I know a lot of people say soldier is the indestructible class, but it hasn't worked out that way for me. It seems like I died on insanity less with my Infiltrator, Vanguard, Sentinel, and now Adept. As an adept I hardly die but I probably wouldn't die at all a if I take a bonus power.

_
ps Please avoid issuing armor and weapon upgrades in mission. Instead of certain bonuses being found in missions please use more cash, minerals and random artifacts. The OCD levels from not wanting to miss an upgrade reminds me of the worst Shredder/Tungsten hunts in ME1. Reward exploration (level scouring), but don't require it.
__

Bioware twitter: This website has posted 5 plots they want in Mass Effect 3. What plot do you think HAS to be in Mass Effect 3?
*spoilers*ttp://www.thekoalition.com/mass-effect-3-five-plots-worth-exploring

#2 Is an error because the character pictured can't do that.
#5 Tim is a Reaper.

We're going to use the Citadel to jump into the Reaper fleet right?

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm already aching for the next DLC and it's only been a few weeks since the last one. I'm hopeless. I hope we get something this year and have it on focus on the Alliance, Ashley / Kaiden or something.

Give me moar please Bioware.

Mindlog said:
Bioware twitter: This website has posted 5 plots they want in Mass Effect 3. What plot do you think HAS to be in Mass Effect 3?
*spoilers*ttp://www.thekoalition.com/mass-effect-3-five-plots-worth-exploring

#2 Is an error because the character pictured can't do that.
#5 Tim is a Reaper.

I just saw that, I think they definitely need to address a couple of those things. Definitely the whole Cerberus / TIM thing, I'd love some closure on that and possibly destroy the Cerberus base or even take it over.

And I don't mind the whole Shepard having a baby angle, it'd be interesting to say the least. The Thane stuff needs to be addressed also because he's too much of an awesome character.

Hydrargyrus

I don't know if it's already posted and I don't know if this should be in an independent thread. I will edit if it's wrong

PS3 version will have some visual changes
Bioware has revealed that Mass Effect 2 is likely to see some "visual changes" on PS3 - and will "play differently" to the 360 version of the game.

The game, which will be released on Sony's console in February next year, will include a yet-to-be-detailed intro, which will allow PS3 owners to catch up on Mass Effect 1's story.

Bioware founder Greg Zeschuk told PSM3 that the studio has had to tackle a graphical processor which is "all different" on PS3.

When asked what PS3 brought to Mass Effect that 360 couldn't, Zeschuck said:

"The important thing is that, fundamentally, [PS3] has a very different architecture. Visually, there are probably some changes - I mean, there are differences in the way the memory is allocated, and the graphical processor is all different.

"We're not going to get pulled into the argument over which is the more powerful; at the end of the day, they both are, and we can do whatever we want on them. When you create games, you want as many people as possible to play them, so this is a great opportunity to reach a huge segment of the market.

He added: "It think it will play a little differently. I mean, right from the start, you have a different controller, and that alone will change the way the game feels."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom