• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStep

Hydrargyrus said:
PS3 version will have some visual changes

I love the biased question/introduction statement (When asked what PS3 brought to Mass Effect that 360 couldn't) followed by the developer's direct refusal to get into that argument.

Also, this reminds me that Shadow Broker has been sitting in my hard drive for the last few weeks, untouched.

X-Frame

What does everyone think the likelihood of your ME1 choices affecting a lot of the ME3 story events?

For example any choices you made in ME1 that didn't effect anything in ME2, but might in ME3?

Or do you think with the PS3 version sort of abandoning ME1 that ME1's choices will have much, much less of an impact on the overall story choices of ME3?

X-Frame said:
What does everyone think the likelihood of your ME1 choices affecting a lot of the ME3 story events?

For example any choices you made in ME1 that didn't effect anything in ME2, but might in ME3?

Or do you think with the PS3 version sort of abandoning ME1 that ME1's choices will have much, much less of an impact on the overall story choices of ME3?
I'm sure there will be tons of innovative effects. Like an email at your terminal...

RedStep said:
I love the biased question/introduction statement (When asked what PS3 brought to Mass Effect that 360 couldn't) followed by the developer's direct refusal to get into that argument.

Also, this reminds me that Shadow Broker has been sitting in my hard drive for the last few weeks, untouched.
The interview is from a PS3 magazine.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
X-Frame said:

I think most of the big coices will ultimately shape how the climatic battle plays out. I'm expecting Mass Effect 3 to be a 'recruit the races' scenario, and the races you screwed over in the previous games will be the ones who suffer the highest casualties.

What I do how they do is have a bit of a slideshow at the very end, summarising the consiquences of all your actions across the galaxy, similar to Fallout.

Eliciel

"Visual changes" in a bad or in a good way? ;) I am going to wait and see wait they'll present to us. At the moment I think it'll either look exactly the same or a bit worse than the xbox360 version. If, and the chance is low imo, it looks better than the 360 version it will have some framerate issues, I'm certain of that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Fantastical said:
Am I crazy? I just downloaded "Normandy Crash Sight" How do I play it?

Its a place you can visit. Check the galaxy map.

EatChildren

Fantastical said:
Oh thank you! Is that the same with all DLC?

The mission stuff? Yeah. Every released mission is available as soon as you can view the galaxy map, and they all show exactly where to go.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Let's hope visual changes aren't a sub 720p resolution or worse textures.

Cel-shaded Mass Effect?????

Mass Effect 2 uses UE3, so PS3 version should be fine, probably just with no AA

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Jonsoncao said:
Mass Effect 2 uses UE3, so PS3 version should be fine, probably just with no AA

I played it with no AA on my PC, and it didn't really bother me at all. Initially it was jarring, but after a while I just stopped "seeing" it.

just reinstalled ME2 to play the new DLC, anyone know where I can snag specific save files for Mass effect 1? I know it defaults you to having a relationship with Ashley and not Liara, so fuck that shit. PC died a month ago and I wasn't able to salvage my old save files from the previous games. :/

Fantastical said:
Am I crazy? I just downloaded "Normandy Crash Sight" How do I play it?

When playing ME1, I didn't know how to check for available missions and only went straight through story missions. At the end of the game I accidentally found the spot in the Journal and nearly shat myself, I had missed soooooo much. Anywhoo, don't be like me... be sure to go to the Journal and check out both Missions (story quests) and Assignments (Side quests). They'll tell you where to go and what to do

X-Frame

Can't wait to finish my ME1 playthrough so that I can play ME2 again. ME1 has a great story and worlds but the side missions suck and the gameplay is so bad compared to ME2 - it's almost a chore to play it again. Doing a male ParaShep now, then a Female ReneShep next.

I have a feeling I'll like FemShep better.

How does the relations in Mass Effect 2 really work? Miranda has suddenly gone from talking about meeting later, to "I´m busy right now" every time I want to talk to her. The only thing I have done in the middle is the loyalty missions for Jack (where I used the paragon dialogue option to end the conflict), Samara and Jacob and recovered the IFF so that I´m supposed to be able to use the Omega 4 relay later.

hermit7

CecilRousso said:
How does the relations in Mass Effect 2 really work? Miranda has suddenly gone from talking about meeting later, to "I´m busy right now" every time I want to talk to her. The only thing I have done in the middle is the loyalty missions for Jack (where I used the paragon dialogue option to end the conflict), Samara and Jacob and recovered the IFF so that I´m supposed to be able to use the Omega 4 relay later.

Take when you go through the Omega 4 relay, things will happen.

X-Frame

Okay I can no longer progress though ME1 and I am out of ideas and I NEED HELP.

Some spoilers I guess below:

I am in Feros on my way back to go save Zhu's Hope from the Thorian and taking the elevator back up to the colony I saved my game there .. and when I loaded my game the next time I am in the elevator but stuck in there and can't leave. I have the option to ride the elevator up to the top where Zhu's Hope is but the loading screen never comes off and the game never loads. It just keeps going and going.

The same happens when I load the game through the Auto Save and my saved game, even though they were supposed to be at 2 different times.

Someone please help ... I am trying to kill myself in the elevator to see if that helps but I can't cause enough damage from grenades.

masterkajo

X-Frame said:
Okay I can no longer progress though ME1 and I am out of ideas and I NEED HELP.

Some spoilers I guess below:

I am in Feros on my way back to go save Zhu's Hope from the Thorian and taking the elevator back up to the colony I saved my game there .. and when I loaded my game the next time I am in the elevator but stuck in there and can't leave. I have the option to ride the elevator up to the top where Zhu's Hope is but the loading screen never comes off and the game never loads. It just keeps going and going.

The same happens when I load the game through the Auto Save and my saved game, even though they were supposed to be at 2 different times.

Someone please help ... I am trying to kill myself in the elevator to see if that helps but I can't cause enough damage from grenades.

I am sorry, but AFAIK you are stuck. It is a common bug. NEVER SAVE IN AN ELEVATOR is the only suggestion I can give you. Do you have an earlier save file? If so this could be your way out.

X-Frame

Wish I knew that sooner. Nope - no earlier saves, I always save over my last one.

Lol. This is great. All that gone down the drain.

sn00zer

Okay this will sound dumb but does anyone have a spare Cerberus Network code?....I bought the PC version and apparently entered the code without being logged into my EA account and now it no longer works (says its already in use....FFFFFFFUUUUUUU)...im nearing the end of the game and it would be nice to get the additional content I paid for

X-Frame

Diablohead said:
I thought saving was always disabled in elevators and all that?

Guess not.

It's not a big deal actually - I don't like Male Shepard anyway and wanted to do a FemShep anyway. So I'm restarting with her. Good motivation now.

Yopis

Finally got around to doing my insanity run and wow.... it's a whole new game. After the shock factor of the enemies always having the upper hand, it's really fun. I feel like this is the only true way to play the game now, having a great time. I don't remember the first ME insanity being this lopsided though.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
sn00zer said:
Okay this will sound dumb but does anyone have a spare Cerberus Network code?....I bought the PC version and apparently entered the code without being logged into my EA account and now it no longer works (says its already in use....FFFFFFFUUUUUUU)...im nearing the end of the game and it would be nice to get the additional content I paid for
I'm sure Bioware will sort you out, if you shoot an email to support.

X-Frame said:
Wow, FemShep in ME1 is so much better than the droll MaleShep.

I'm happy my MaleShep file save was glitched. Lol.

Unfortunately she gets all space marine monotone in the second game. Still better than dudebro Shepard though.

Dresden

X-Frame said:

By the way, this goes for all RPGs, but Bioware/Bethesda ones in particular: multiple save files. Just using one is a horrible idea.

X-Frame

Dresden said:
By the way, this goes for all RPGs, but Bioware/Bethesda ones in particular: multiple save files. Just using one is a horrible idea.

I just never thought there'd be such a bad glitch like this that wouldn't even let you progress through the game - but you're right.

Also, does anyone else think that Bioware needs to make Skipping Dialogue and Selection Dialogue activated with 2 different face buttons?

Why are they both the same button (at least on the 360). Can't say how many times I've incorrectly timed a response to my skipping it only to have me accidentally selecting a dialogue option I didn't want.

Do you think it is so hard for them to make skipping Y or something so this doesn't happen?

X-Frame said:

I think they each have their moments. Lady Shepard almost purrs her "Say goodnight, Manuel", whereas Male Shepard does a far better "Because it's a big, stupid jellyfish". And when you get to Feros there's one NPC who's voiced by Jennifer Hale, so when you play through it as FemShep it's pretty clear she's talking to herself (May O'Connell, I think she's the one who wants some fuel cells). I prefer Male Shepard, but it might just be because I played as him first.

Dresden said:

I never understood how people do this! I over save though, I usualy save in a new slot everytime if I can.

Jerk

Banned
Nobiru said:
I never understood how people do this! I over save though, I usualy save in a new slot everytime if I can.

I use to do this as well, but The Witcher stopped that habit.

The hundreds of saves that I acquired over the course of the game made load-times unbearable.

IoCaster

Nobiru said:

I tend to keep one save on the Normandy before I start a mission. I do another save right at the beginning of the mission. On the mission itself I just quick save and autosave as I go. If I screw something up it leaves me two choices for backtrack. I either restart the current mission or go back to the Normandy and do another planet/mission instead. I like to have options and this way I don't have to use a bunch of save slots.

X-Frame

What's everyone's opinion on the best bonus power a Soldier can take for Insanity?

I am thinking AP Ammo (Tungsten) but not sure if Inferno Ammo would make that a little redundant, in which case maybe Warp Ammo.

EatChildren

Templar Wizard said:
any sweet online deals for the DLC (pc version) or is it in game store only?

BioWare store only for the DLC.

Speaking of, I wonder if we'll get anything Today/Tomorrow.

Dresden

X-Frame said:
What's everyone's opinion on the best bonus power a Soldier can take for Insanity?

I am thinking AP Ammo (Tungsten) but not sure if Inferno Ammo would make that a little redundant, in which case maybe Warp Ammo.
Inferno does make it a little redundant, since the fire effect is so nifty.

Take Warp ammo for barriers, I guess. Stasis will make almost every battle a joke though.

X-Frame

I'd love it if one of Stasis' upgrades was a Stasis Field to hit multiple people. ;) But that would be way too cheap.

I'm also just considering Geth Shield Boost with 75% shields and 10% weapon's damage since I am a Soldier and want to be more aggressively.

Going through all of the major DLC packs right now so general Mass Effect Trilogy spoiler talk incoming:

As "cool" as it is that your whole crew can die in Mass Effect 2, I have to say that I truly wish that they saved that "feature" for Mass Effect 3. As it is now, they will have to account for any number of possible crew deaths, and I just don't see them creating 12+ fully fleshed out characters for Mass Effect 3 where possibly ALL of them won't be used. The whole Mass Effect 2 campaign was getting all of these crew members to join Shepard on a possible suicide mission, and once you've gained the loyalty of all of them, the game is pretty much over. I REALLY like the crew BioWare has created for ME2, but I can't help but feel like all of these characters will go to waste in ME3 only showing up in a Kaiden, Ashley, or MAYBE Liara post DLC fashion from ME2.

I'll be very disappointed if it's a complete reshuffle of the crew for ME3, but it's hard to imagine any other way.

DaBuddaDa

Net_Wrecker said:
I'll be very disappointed if it's a complete reshuffle of the crew for ME3, but it's hard to imagine any other way.
It's simple. Cerberus "resurrects" the dead crew members the same way Sheperd was.

kai3345

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
Going through all of the major DLC packs right now so general Mass Effect Trilogy spoiler talk incoming:

As "cool" as it is that your whole crew can die in Mass Effect 2, I have to say that I truly wish that they saved that "feature" for Mass Effect 3. As it is now, they will have to account for any number of possible crew deaths, and I just don't see them creating 12+ fully fleshed out characters for Mass Effect 3 where possibly ALL of them won't be used. The whole Mass Effect 2 campaign was getting all of these crew members to join Shepard on a possible suicide mission, and once you've gained the loyalty of all of them, the game is pretty much over. I REALLY like the crew BioWare has created for ME2, but I can't help but feel like all of these characters will go to waste in ME3 only showing up in a Kaiden, Ashley, or MAYBE Liara post DLC fashion from ME2.

Seriously. Liara is the only character who really has any chance at all at becoming a ME3 squadmate, and with the Shadow Broker DLC even that isn't looking to be very likely.

DaBuddaDa said:
It's simple. Cerberus "resurrects" the dead crew members the same way Sheperd was.

Oh come on, unless you're joking they can't possibly do that for every single character, that would defeat the purpose of how insane it was in the first place.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom