• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limpiz

Neo Member
Here in Sweden the collectors edition is delayed until the 4th march.
Feels kinda bad when you have to pay more buying the collectors ed and also have to wait an week extra...

Doodis

Dax01 said:
Vanguard is a mix between Adept (biotic powers) and Soldier (weapons).

Basically:
Adept = powers
Soldier = weapons
Engineer = tech

Then:
Adept + Solder = Vanguard
Adept + Engineer = Sentinel
Soldier + Engineer = Infiltrator

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Dax01 said:
Well... you can pick up your squadmates advanced skills as well as respec your own skills at just about any point in the game. :D You just need the resources.

I've only played infiltrator so far, so I can't really give you a good answer. Adept seems to be pretty fun though.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Limpiz said:
Here in Sweden the collectors edition is delayed until the 4th march.
Feels kinda bad when you have to pay more buying the collectors ed and also have to wait an week extra...

you might as well import the US version, the game is region free.

I went into this store today and noticed the guy at the Entertainment section checkout looked fresh of the boat. I went up to him knowing that he probably didn't understand the concept of launch dates, so I asked if he had any Mass Effect 2 on stock. He rummaged through the shelves one by one reading the corners of each DVD case looking for the game. Eventually he stopped and pulled something out. My heart stopped thinking that omg I'm getting the game 3 days before release. He lays it down on the desk and smiles. I stare at it then look up at him.

It's Mass Effect: Classics

I said to him "um, Mass Effect 2". He turned behind to the shelves again and sadly could not find it.

neojubei said:
The Picture Quality of the videos on the collectors edition disc are quite awful, I know Bioware could not use blu-ray but they should have had the option to download the video in the 360 so they could look better.
:lol The CE is looking less relevant by the minute

mYm|17|

I'm a Vanguard now, but when I finish this playthrough, I will be switching to Adept.

I wanna be able to use my biotic powers and make my enemies look like pinballs, bouncing around everywhere :lol

MMaRsu

MrCompletely said:
Whenever I see Miranda, I see this actress
michelle-monaghan-picture-1.jpg

Much hotter than Miranda, or the actress who plays her.

hulot

Dax01 said:
I read the OP, but just to be sure, which class best balances weapon use with biotic powers?
It's not like in ME1 with its weapon skills system. All classes in ME2 are proficient with the weapons they're able to use. I'm running an adept which gives me pistols and SMGs and it feels completely different from a vanilla ME1 adept (no bonus AR skill) since I don't need to put points into using a weapon effectively.

Shinjitsu

Banned
mYm|17| said:
I'm a Vanguard now, but when I finish this playthrough, I will be switching to Adept.

I wanna be able to use my biotic powers and make my enemies look like pinballs, bouncing around everywhere :lol

Throw is VERY useful near the end of the game, nd quite comical, not QUITE as funny as Slam though.

mYm|17| said:

Started the game as a Adept and yeah... HELLA FUN! :D

Jonsoncao

Banned
Rad- said:
Bioware is kicking ass on metacritic. If you filter it to show only RPGs, top 3 ever are:

1. Xbox 360: Mass Effect 2 (2010) 96

2. PC Games: Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (2000) 95

3. Xbox: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (2003) 94

tbh ME and KoTOR are both like some kind of compromises to the mainstream by sacrificing hardcore elements, but they both managed to attract lots of new audiences to Biowareastic role playing games

BG2 is my all time favorite :D
if only Fallout 3 was No. 4 :p

GAF, I only played like two hours of ME when I rented it. Not that I thought it was a bad game (I liked it), I just didn't have the time to play it.

Should I pick up ME2 or would I be completely lost?

Arde5643

Aaron Strife said:
GAF, I only played like two hours of ME when I rented it. Not that I thought it was a bad game (I liked it), I just didn't have the time to play it.

Pick it up seriously.

After that, do a marathon of ME1 to ME2 in a single playthrough.

Mad_Ban

I haven't read any of the reviews yet, but it's nice to see ME2 getting such critical acclaim. I don't think Bioware have it in them to make a bad game. :D

Aaron Strife said:

The game will bring you up to speed through a conversation, but from the sound of things, you'll have to play with a predefined outcome from the first game.

ShogunX

Aaron Strife said:

Pick it up but or the love of God DO NOT PLAY NUMBER 2 WITHOUT FINISHING NUMBER ONE.

Dries said:
How is the exploring done actually? Can still walk around the Citadel (or other planets) and just talk to people? You know, that good 'ol RPG stuff.

Anyone?

The reviews say the game has a lack of RPG feel, did they take out the towns/explorable stations out?

mYm|17|

Yea.......about the playing ME2 without having played much of ME1 comment. I am soooooooo glad that I played ME1.

It's a really great game, but definitely helps with you understanding ME2 more. The storyline and characters, etc

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ephemeris said:
Finally got my copy.

Sexy time.

\O/

Edit: I'm so tired even DD coffee is barely keeping me awake, totally worth it though :D.

ShogunX

See You Next Wednesday said:
Anyone?

The reviews say the game has a lack of RPG feel, did they take out the towns/explorable stations out?

Its similar to the way its done in number 1. There are a few Hub worlds you can explore, Do Side missions on and most importantly SHOP!!!

ShogunX

K.Jack said:
The clock on the Digital Deluxe Edition was wrong! Thank The Maker!

Which reminds me. Was speaking with a few Quarians before and They had the same Voice actors as Morrigan and Loghain. Was pretty cool to hear them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom