• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
HK-47 said:
Everyone should give you shit for it. Would have been bullshit if they didnt.

Its sad to hear of the tone down in minor NPC dialogue. No elevator, no DA banter...blah.

As an aside, I wonder if the Bioware designers regret having Wrex be an optional character. He is easily the favorite. Probably didnt see it coming.

I overheard a ton of atmospheric stuff in Omega.

But yeah, I sorely wish my team spoke as much as DA's.

burgerdog

Got it! Installing it and then playing the hell out of it. I'm so glad I bought the CE, very impressive package, loving the tin case.

Thanks to amazon I was able to get the CE for $19.00. <3 the credit thing they do.

burgerdog said:
Got it! Installing it and then playing the hell out of it. I'm so glad I bought the CE, very impressive package, loving the tin case.

Thanks to amazon I was able to get the CE for $19.00. <3 the credit thing they do.

I really wanted the CE physical copy but I wanted the game tied to my Steam account. :(

Edit: Oh snap, ME2 available on Steam now. FUUUUU I need to kick it into high gear and beat ME1. I still have Virmire, Ios, etc. to do and some extra planets and shit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
DevelopmentArrested said:
press x a lot?

You can't skip any of the opening cutscenes. I don't know if it's hiding loading like Uncharted 2 or whatever, but regardless, all you can do is sit there for 5 minutes or so until you get to the character creator.

Jackl

MisterAnderson said:
So I'm still awaiting Steam's unlock. In the meantime I'm trying to decide what class I'm going to choose. I've only ever chose Vanguard in ME1, but the Soldier is looking really fun in ME2 with all of the new gun types. I think I might go with Soldier...

Theres lots of guns...but in the end I pretty much only used sniper rifles with warp ammo and headshots. Adrenaline rush makes it so easy. Shotguns have no range at all, the last pistol I got had extremely small ammo capacity, and assault rifles accuracy is so godawful.

I mean, I suppose you could play rambo style. But I found it to be pretty annoying.

Xamdou

So I put in the code for the GameStop, got the Terminus armor but how do I get the BlackStorm weapon?

Also what about the Mass Galaxy unlock item bonus in Mass Effect 2?

Zeliard said:
Yeah. There is some of that, but it's very infrequent, sadly.

I do like the bits where you face something and it gives you the prompt to talk to a squad member about it. That's a nice new addition.

Anyone figure out what the Galaxy bonuses are/were?

Jackl said:
Theres lots of guns...but in the end I pretty much only used sniper rifles with warp ammo and headshots. Adrenaline rush makes it so easy. Shotguns have no range at all, the last pistol I got had extremely small ammo capacity, and assault rifles accuracy is so godawful.

I mean, I suppose you could play rambo style. But I found it to be pretty annoying.

WARP AMMO?!?!?!?

Ephemeris

I love this game. Being forced to stop is never a good feeling.

Where's the nearest magazine rack.

Hawk269 said:
Thanks for letting me know. When you logged in, did you automatically get logged into the Cerberus network though? This is really weird. Well EA should see that I have 2 Cerberus codes linked to my account, so one of them they should be able to reset and give me a new code or something.

May be a little late, but I didn't automatically login. I had to put in my email and password. After doing so it was smooth sailing.

Swag

Having a full paragon save loaded from ME1 is so satisfying, all the people I didn't kill keep showing up in almost every mission

Xamdou said:
So I put in the code for the GameStop, got the Terminus armor but how do I get the BlackStorm weapon?

Also what about the Mass Galaxy unlock item bonus in Mass Effect 2?

It should be in your weapon loadout under the Heavy Weapon slot.

Ephemeris

Take note: If you have played a recent EA game with an online component (like Battlefield 1943) on your Xbox 360, chances are you already have an EA.com account linked to your Gamertag. If this is the case, do not create a new account on BioWare's or EA's site to redeem your code.

Xbox 360 owners that have played an EA game online and have their Gamertags tied to an account should not input their codes until they can log into their EA.com accounts. If you've already tied your Mass Effect 2 DLC code to a new account, the only way we know to get the game content is to transfer your new account over to an existing one, which requires getting in contact with EA.

That explains why it worked for me. My EA account linked to my PSN account; didn't have my 360 linked.
Sebulon3k said:
Having a full paragon save loaded from ME1 is so satisfying, all the people I didn't kill keep showing up in almost every mission

Yeah, it's awesome.:D

dejan

Decrypted my Steam version, redeemed my codes on BioWare's social site and was ready to go. Well, first thing I experienced, I can't for the hell of it log in to my EA account. Tried several times and nothing. Ok, screw that. Let's just adjust some game settings and play without the dlc stuff. So after changing the resolution the game's fucking start menu is stuttering like crazy. No chance in hell to navigate the menus anymore. So I killed the me2 process, started the me2 configurator and switched back to the default resolution. The game's start menu is stuttering much less now, but it's still noticable. An update to Nvidias 196 driver didn't change anything. Yeah, I'm pissed right now.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
So far I have
the professor, the convict and the archangel
...and I can't wait to
fuck Kelly
:lol

pahamrick

BenjaminBirdie said:
I do like the bits where you face something and it gives you the prompt to talk to a squad member about it. That's a nice new addition.

Anyone figure out what the Galaxy bonuses are/were?

According to a post by on the official forums, the Galaxy bonuses is extra dialog. Says you need Miranda and Jacob in your party to hear them (I'm assuming the extra dialog is on Omega.)

Doodis

pahamrick said:
According to a post by on the official forums, the Galaxy bonuses is extra dialog. Says you need Miranda and Jacob in your party to hear them (I'm assuming the extra dialog is on Omega.)
I really wish they'd just clarify what it is we're supposed to be getting. Kind of annoying.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
imoutkramer-1.gif

Fuck this Insanity up the ass. This shit is inhumame.

I must swallow my pride and lower the difficulty.

TheExodu5

Banned
I thought we were supposed to be allowed to customize what happened in the first game? I tried import...but it didn't see my character, so I figured I'd start and it'd let me choose. Nope. Looks like the Council died. =\

Persona7

Banned
Damn it, I don't remember how my EA and Gamertag were linked. Why did they not use just regular marketplace codes?

Also, Jennifer Hale is awesome once again.

EDIT:The site is currently down for maintenance or is experiencing extreme load. Check back again shortly!

Why did I bother

Prine

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I hate that you Americans are getting to play this. Like really.

:( It's going to be such a long three days. If Amazon doesn't get it to me swiftly...

Pours one out for UK'ers

I feel it man, i feel it :(

Jinjo

SlaughterX said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/26/how-to-redeem-mass-effect-2-dlc-codes/

I accidentally downloaded it through the game and it cost me $15. Fucking shit.

This is stupid. For the life of me I can't remember whether I already made an account on one their sites and what email/username I used and if I linked it to my gamertag. So big fat chance it will go wrong. What's wrong with just doing it through Xbox Live? There's a reason it's there y'know.

careful

So I have both games installed on Steam, but when I go to import character I don't see anything. Do I have to do some other steps to get this working?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
TheExodu5 said:
I thought we were supposed to be allowed to customize what happened in the first game? I tried import...but it didn't see my character, so I figured I'd start and it'd let me choose. Nope. Looks like the Council died. =\
Are you on PC? You have to open the ME2 Launcher, then there's a tab for you to point the game at your save files.

EDIT: ^you too, careful do this

Jackl said:

So Soldiers are still pretty boring? Hmm. I just really like the idea of being able to use every weapon + armor. It was annoying having to give all the heavy armors to Ashley in ME1, lol. Still torn on whether I should go with Vanguard or Soldier.

Zeliard

TheExodu5 said:

Wrex, too. Lame.

Human-led Council. So bad. And Udina is a part of it, too, no less.

These "default decisions", Bioware, seriously.

What is up with that.

Zeliard said:
Wrex, too. Lame.

Human-led Council. So bad. And Udina is a part of it, too, no less.

These "default decisions", Bioware, seriously.

What is up with that.

Well, jeepers, maybe everyone should just play the first game if they don't like it!

TheExodu5

Banned
K.Jack said:
Are you on PC? You have to open the ME2 Launcher, then there's a tab for you to point the game at your save files.

EDIT: ^you too, careful do this

Thanks!

Should work now. The only real difference though is that I saved the Council...does that have a big impact here? I also saved the Rachni Queen.

Also, anyone else thing Miranda looks a lot like Rachel Weisz?

Jinjo

MisterAnderson said:
So Soldiers are still pretty boring? Hmm. I just really like the idea of being able to use every weapon + armor. It was annoying having to give all the heavy armors to Ashley in ME1, lol. Still torn on whether I should go with Vanguard or Soldier.

Well afaik there is no medium/heavy armor distinction in the game anymore. You can pretty much wear any armor. Also, you get to choose an extra weapon specialization halfway through the game. I had the same reasons as you to pick the soldier class, but I'm going for a sentinel now.:D

Ephemeris

K.Jack said:
imoutkramer-1.gif

Fuck this Insanity up the ass. This shit is inhumame.

I must swallow my pride and lower the difficulty.

Yup. That's NG+ territory right there.

MisterAnderson said:
Solider here. pew pew pew!

Zeliard

BenjaminBirdie said:
Well, jeepers, maybe everyone should just play the first game if they don't like it!

I did, and I beat it. And in that playthrough, I made every opposite major decision that Bioware decided would be the default in ME2. I just lost those saves after a hard drive change. :( Didn't really think to keep them at the time.

TheExodu5 said:
This happened to me as well. Any chance you transferred your original mass effect save file to a different hard drive. I think that's what messed it up for me (20gb--->120gb). A poster from last night said he had to play through the last section in Mass Effect to get the proper save file for transfer. I'm going to borrow the game from a friend to do just that as soon as he gets off work.

Zeliard said:
I did, and I beat it. And in that playthrough, I made every opposite major decision that Bioware decided would be the default in ME2. I just lost those saves after a hard drive change. :( Didn't really think to keep them at the time.

Ouuuuch. That really stinks, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom