• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sai said:
Only played the first couple of missions so far. Game's so good, serious step up from the first. First minor gripe: Wish they wouldn't have switched around some of the positions for the pause menu wheel. I keep going to my left to load up a quick save, and the other way around. :lol

Has Amazon e-mailed the codes for the Inferno Armor to anybody else that preordered from them? I know they said up to 10 days, just wondering if anybody got 'em sooner.
Nothing yet on the Amazon front, only got my $10 promo credit.

Cep

Banned
You know how this game could instantly be better?

If they fucking removed planet scanning and returned the key bindings for Journa/Squad/Weapons.

Cep

Banned
TheFreshPrince said:
True, but is it possible to just use regular ammo?

Do not activate the ammo power.

Or get killed. when you reload, it should be gone.

Also, anyone dislike the fact that Tech Armor cannot be stacked onto Fortification/Geth Shield/Barrier?

SlickVic

Okay I'm retarded. How does this hacking mini-game work? Just ran into 1 at the beginning of the game. I'm supposed to pick 3 of these, random ones are crossed off; I'm guessing that's what I'm supposed to avoid selecting but when they all scoll down the screen, they all look pretty similar. Also, no matter how many times I fail it, it always says "Three Attempts Remaining".

I'm so lost. :lol

kai3345

Banned
Just played the first hour or so of the game. I hope the missions aren't all as short as the first one and Freedom's Progress. I'm currently trying to recruit SuZe and I just got to the part where I
let her out of cryo stasis

The game is pretty fun so far, I don't know how I feel about the combat though. While sure, I'm only in the first hour, but it seems like a lot of the strategy was taken out of the combat, but the shooting and cover improvements are nice.

My favorite character so far would probably have to be Jacob, I just don't see where all of this praise for Miranda is coming from, but whatever, I'll be ditching both of them for aliens eventually anyway.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SlickVic said:
Okay I'm retarded. How does this hacking mini-game work? Just ran into 1 at the beginning of the game. I'm supposed to pick 3 of these, random ones are crossed off; I'm guessing that's what I'm supposed to avoid selecting but when they all scoll down the screen, they all look pretty similar. Also, no matter how many times I fail it, it always says "Three Attempts Remaining".

On the top of the screen it shows which one you are trying to match. Do that three times and avoid getting trapped between "X's".

SlickVic said:

Match it to the one in the top corner.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
kai3345 said:
Just played the first hour or so of the game. I hope the missions aren't all as short as the first one and Freedom's Progress. I'm currently trying to recruit SuZe and I just got to the part where I

The game is pretty fun so far, I don't know how I feel about the combat though. While sure, I'm only in the first hour, but it seems like a lot of the strategy was taken out of the combat, but the shooting and cover improvements are nice.

My favorite character so far would probably have to be Jacob, I just don't see where all of this praise for Miranda is coming from, but whatever, I'll be ditching both of them for aliens eventually anyway.

Same here, I also like his uniform.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
SlickVic said:

It's the first one so it's probably not going to fail on you ..

look at the figure of the code at the top with the "Target Code Segment", now start looking at the scrolling code lines and match it with the exact same one. Use the colors and text alignment to figure it out.

see this video example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaHEvrSxaNY

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Did I mention how fucking cool it is and how many options there are to customize your armor?

When I first did it, I completely wiped away the old armor system from my memory - fucking hell, this wasn't dumbing down, this was smart as hell!

And seeing my own custom armor in my first cut scene (which was amazingly-well done BTW, the graphics, wow) was sick.

I'm totally in love with this game.

Cep

Banned
kai3345 said:

Jake is sort of lame, but his battle quotes are gold. Especially in tandem with Arhcangel's.

"Come on over"

"Gravity is a mean mother, huh"

"I love this rifle"

"Scoped and dropped"

Anyone know where I can find a custom or CE box art scan to download? The standard edition box art is just hideous. Embarrassing even. It's actually worse than the US Heavy Rain box art. :lol

Ceebs

SlickVic said:

You have to match the code fragment in the top left corner 3 times. You have to navigate around the scrolling code without going over one of the crossed out ones. Look for text colors first then the shape of the text. It's quite simple once you realize what you are doing.

careksims

I don't know what to say... best rpg I played in awhile... it just keeps getting better. I love the characters soo much. Combat is intense X 100! Wow. Didn't have to fight this much in the 1st game.

Oh I'm pulling a all-nighter for this.

Cep

Banned
careksims said:
I don't know what to say... best rpg I played in awhile... it just keeps getting better. I love the characters soo much. Combat is intense X 100! Wow. Didn't have to fight this much in the 1st game.

Oh I'm pulling a all-nighter for this.

Best RPG since Demon's Soul's, and the Witcher before that.

Erebus

chandoog said:
Yeah, the music in the main club is so awesome, a friend of mine told me it's a track pulled out of one of the older Need for Speed game's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POHscfRZty8

edit : those screens look nice, but besides the clean AA the game looks surprisingly similar on the 360 (to me at least), ME2 is such a great looking game all round. All the better especially after the 360 version of Dragon Age looked so meh ..
Yeah, I turned up the volume as soon as I entered in the club. So good! :D

U2NUMB

So got home with my copy (360), installed both discs... fired it up and watched the intro and all that jazz. Twenty minutes into this game it locks up. No saves took place in that intro so I get to do it all again. Not a good first impression.

Anyone else having locking up issues? Sure hope its not a trend.

adamsapple

Olivero said:
Question on Omega,
how do I access the Afterlife VIP section?

It's a part of
one of your later character's personal quests, you won't be able to go in until then

Cep

Banned
JoeBoy101 said:
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite thread on GAF.

Dear lord, that stuff floored me.

I was really hoping there would be repercussions if you did it at all the stores.

Jinjo said:
This is stupid. For the life of me I can't remember whether I already made an account on one their sites and what email/username I used and if I linked it to my gamertag. So big fat chance it will go wrong. What's wrong with just doing it through Xbox Live? There's a reason it's there y'know.

^
I don't even know if I created a EA account, I vaguely remember when I tried playing an online EA game, they made me go through their terms of service or whatnot & later I got an email saying I registered.

Coverly

Got home and found the Hard Cover ME2 guide waiting for me. Looks gorgeous.
Currently unlocking the game from steam, see you guys in a few hrs!!

Willectro

Banned
Only about an hour in, so no real inpressions yet. My damn 360 froze right when you get the first achievement, seconds before the first save. I was kind of annoyed. Also, I really hope they patch the Terminus and Dragon Armor to have removable helmets. Not a big deal, but it seems dumb in the cut-scenes.

Cep

Banned
will52 said:
Only about an hour in, so no real inpressions yet. My damn 360 froze right when you get the first achievement, seconds before the first save. I was kind of annoyed. Also, I really hope they patch the Terminus and Dragon Armor to have removable helmets. Not a big deal, but it seems dumb in the cut-scenes.

Headgear should not be in most cut-scenes. Period.

adamsapple

So, something that's been bugging me ..how did
Ashley/Kaiden prevent being paralyzed even after being stung by the collector swarm's bug on that planet ?

Game is pretty amazing thus far.....

Its pretty friggen cool that you can import your character from the first game to play in this one. At first, I didn't think that feature would have been something I really cared for but actually using it and seeing it implemented is pretty sweet and makes me like this game more. Has any other game done this actually? let you create a character in one game and import him/her into the sequel?

anyways, I been reading some of this thread and the ammo/fuel thing is kinda worrying me.....

Oh yea...and the new way to hack systems or whatever is so much better than in the last game...in the last game it was just dumb imo

Willectro

Banned
Himuro said:
So who's idea was it to let you import your character BUT NOT LET YOU UPDATE THE CHARACTER'S FACIAL MODEL?

Pretty sure you can? I didn't personally. They shouldn't let you change anything really. Defeats the purpose of importing. Make a new character if you want to change everything.

U2NUMB

Ok it just froze again at the exact same spot. This is really starting to upset me. Anyone else having issues with the game installed freezing up during the intro sequence? 15- 20 min in? I simply can not get past it without it locking up my 360.

TheFreshPrince

Also.....how can you tell how much health your squad mates have left? The manual is horrible at explaining things....

Does the indicator change? I just seem to get a white bar...

eznark

Banned
Himuro said:
Imported my character, wanted to use the same character's looks but update them. But when I try I'm sent straight to the class screen. You can't update the character's looks unless that choice is after the class screen, which I highly doubt.
You can change everything about the character, dude.

Cep

Banned
Himuro said:
Imported my character, wanted to use the same character's looks but update them. But when I try I'm sent straight to the class screen. You can't update the character's looks unless that choice is after the class screen, which I highly doubt.

You must be doing something wrong.

Tray messing with some of the other import options, they are not as clear is they should be.

Baker

Banned
DennisK4 said:
Yes, the screenshots I posted above are with an ATI card.

1) Rename MassEffect2.exe to UT3.exe

2) Set AA in CCC
How did you get it to 16x? CCC for my 5850 only goes up to 8x.

Owzers

U2NUMB said:
Ok it just froze again at the exact same spot. This is really starting to upset me. Anyone else having issues with the game installed freezing up during the intro sequence? 15- 20 min in? I simply can not get past it without it locking up my 360.

I'm going to start my second attempt now, first attempt froze at character creation screen too. Usually games let you start them before they get buggy. Bioware hit an all-time high.

CartridgeBlower said:
This has probably been asked and answered but I'm scared to look through the thread for fear of spoilers, but...how does the cerebes network thing work if I have two profiles on my xbox? I already used it on mine, so will it automatically work on my brother's profile on the same xbox? Is it already downloaded to his...any help would be appreciated.

Anyone got a quick answer to my question? Looking but can't find anything online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom