• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enosh

chandoog said:
So, something that's been bugging me ..how did
Ashley/Kaiden prevent being paralyzed even after being stung by the collector swarm's bug on that planet ?
the paralyzation effect most probably wore off when the colector ship dissapeared

Messi

I am pretty sure this has been discussed here. But is all the texture pop in really gone? the elevator load times? the general jankyness of the first game when your character was running? It kept pausing to load like the 360 could not handle the game.

kai3345

Banned
Himuro said:
Then the facial customization is AFTER the class selection? That makes no sense! I'll go through mind-boggingly long intro to see if I can again, then.
you have to select use custom appearance and re-create your Shepard from scratch

TheExodu5

Banned
Himuro said:
Imported my character, wanted to use the same character's looks but update them. But when I try I'm sent straight to the class screen. You can't update the character's looks unless that choice is after the class screen, which I highly doubt.

You can. You're just crazy and missed it.

Naix

Banned
Mordin's sidequest is so great.
I liked how he's torn between his guilt and his love for science.
First time Bioware manage to impress me with one of their character since BG2.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
will52 said:
Pretty sure you can? I didn't personally. They shouldn't let you change anything really. Defeats the purpose of importing. Make a new character if you want to change everything.

I'll update mine to look a bit more wartorn, tbh. 23h left until I can start downloading. Which'll be around 01:00 in the night. So I'll basicly just setup the download and go to bed. :)

Vamphuntr

Wow this game is awesome :). I'm about 6 hours in but I didn't advance the plot much. I recruted only 2 characters. Spent a lot of time mining, upgrading and exploring.

It's really better than ME. I'm playing it from the HDD and there is no loading, Framerate drop or pop in.

About the CE and preorder stuff. They are really not worth it IMO. I have the terminus gear, the CE and the Blood Dragon armor. The armor are only strong for the very beginning. After you can create better set yourself by mixing and matching different pieces of equipment. You can't customize the bonus armora. So you cannot remove Shepard helmet. It's dumb, it's not like DA where they remove your helmet when you speak to people.

The blackstorm weapon was clearly overhyped. Basically you will get many other heavy weapons early on. They all share the same ammo and do big time damage.

It is possible for teammates to equip the preorder/CE weapons. For example one of my party member is equipped with the CE rifle.

Awesome game so far the only bad thing I found is the mining minigame. It's so SLOW to move the cursor around. Even with the scan upgrade it takes forever to scan everything.

They better put up Zaeed for the 360 soon :(

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
My download stops when I try to play any steam games. Fuck that shit.

Goddamn it steam.

DOWNLOAD FASTER! 1.4mb/s is not fast enough!

Willectro

Banned
U2NUMB said:
Ok it just froze again at the exact same spot. This is really starting to upset me. Anyone else having issues with the game installed freezing up during the intro sequence? 15- 20 min in? I simply can not get past it without it locking up my 360.

Happened once to me at the moment I got Missing in Action Achievement for 5g.

eznark

Banned
Just picked up Archangel, bout 3 hours into the game. Holy shit it is amazing.

(I ask, like I do for all Bioware games, is there anywhere I can download the codex in .pdf or anything?)

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
BobsRevenge said:
My download stops when I try to play any steam games. Fuck that shit.

Goddamn it steam.

DOWNLOAD FASTER! 1.4mb/s is not fast enough!
That is pretty fast, mate.

falastini

Who thought it was a good idea to make you sit through 15 minutes of cutscenes before you even get to the character creation screen? They didn't think some people might wanna dabble a bit in the various classes before committing?

eznark

Banned
Himuro said:
Then the facial customization is AFTER the class selection? That makes no sense! I'll go through mind-boggingly long intro to see if I can again, then.
You change your appearance and stuff like 30 minutes into the game.

TheExodu5

Banned
Servers went up not long ago for me. Works fine now. Got all my DLC up and running.

I'm running nHancer with 16x AA now...looks so much better. I wish I had have done that for the first. Seems like I'm pretty much CPU limited (C2D 3.0GHz), so I don't get any slowdown compared to no AA.

face_16aa.png

wizword

Banned
I'm jealous of all of you playing this game. I have been downloading this game for 6 hours (256 kb college internet connection sucks) and have 7 hours to go. College sucks

Swag

Illium has to be the greatest planet in the story,
Gianna Parasini Returns! Liara~!

Holy shit and
Conrad Verner :lol

The whole Cerberus Network log on situation is a clusterfuck, and I can't imagine how EA could have fucked things up that bad. This is one of your biggest games of the year and you can't even make sure the online logging on is going to work on Day 1?

With that said, the game itself is great so far. Although it feels weird given how differently it controls compared to Mass Effect 1. I suppose I'll get used to it (or customize the keybinding to make it play like the first one if I don't).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
They, like, really abstracted the RPGness. I'm surprised they took away the EXP counter. That's one of the best parts of an RPG...seeing experience on screen as you kill shit.

Willectro

Banned
falastini said:
Who thought it was a good idea to make you sit through 15 minutes of cutscenes before you even get to the character creation screen? They didn't think some people might wanna dabble a bit in the various classes before committing?

Committing to what? You either are playing the game or you aren't. This is a terrible complaint.

Swag

soldat7 said:
Crap. Any reason why my old save game from ME1 isn't registering? I'll be pissed if I can't import my character.

Are you playing on the PC, if you are you need to designate the folder where your saves are in the config

mYm|17|

so do the other difficulties have like 30 guys that you have to battle during each battle.

I am playing on insanity and I swear I have to go through 6 or 7 waves of bad guys. :lol

v0yce said:
1) My EA account is already linked to my gamertag and says that my inferno armor is ready. Can I go ahead and use my Cerberus card on the mass effect site or do i do it in game? There seems to be some confusion.

Make sure you do it in game. The website activation is broken - I don't think anyone who did it online has been able to link their gamertag with their EA account.

DennisK4 said:
Yes, the screenshots I posted above are with an ATI card.

1) Rename MassEffect2.exe to UT3.exe

2) Set AA in CCC

thanks guys.
Wow was nto expecting 16x to cut the framerate in half. I have a decent pc.

Vamphuntr

hypostatic said:
Make sure you do it in game. The website activation is broken - I don't think anyone who did it online has been able to link their gamertag with their EA account.

I think if you played DA before you don't have to do anything, it's saved somewhere on the HDD. I just registered my code on bioware social site. When I booted the game I selected Cerberus Network, Accepted the TOS and was able to access every of my DLC without inputting password or login information

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
brandonh83 said:
I was really digging it, and then when I got to
Omega
I was like YEAH now this is Mass Effect 2.

Just finished that part and wow, just wow, bow to this game.

Gilgamesh

Vamphuntr said:
Wow this game is awesome :). I'm about 6 hours in but I didn't advance the plot much. I recruted only 2 characters. Spent a lot of time mining, upgrading and exploring.
Same here. Six hours and it feels like I've barely scratched the surface. Game of the forever.

TheExodu5

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
thanks guys.
Wow was nto expecting 16x to cut the framerate in half. I have a decent pc.

Try 4x AA. I'm using nHancer's version of 16x AA (4x MSAA with 12x CVAA apparently) with my GTX 275 and I have no framerate reduction whatsoever. It seems like my 3.0GHz C2D is my limiting factor, as it's running at 100% both cores constantly.

Man, what a shame that you can't remove the Blood Dragon armor helm. It looks so good. :(

blooddragon.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom