• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamphuntr

soldat7 said:
I'm not entirely sure. It was a couple of years ago but I beat the friggin' game, got the achievement, and started a NG+.

None of the above.

Do you still have ME? Some people had the same problem. Reloaded their final save in ME, beat the final boss, watched the ending and it created a valid save for ME 2 to recognise.

Willectro

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
I think if you played DA before you don't have to do anything, it's saved somewhere on the HDD. I just registered my code on bioware social site. When I booted the game I selected Cerberus Network, Accepted the TOS and was able to access every of my DLC without inputting password or login information

Exactly. Same here. I didn't have any issues with any of the Cerberus or the EA account.

Coop

Is the normandy crash not up? I don't see it in my game promotions. I have Zaeed and Cerberus weapons but no normandy.

PC regular edition btw

Edit: when i click to download the cerberus weapons it comes up as normandycrash.exe. weird

Gilgamesh said:
Same here. Six hours and it feels like I've barely scratched the surface. Game of the forever.

I want to believe this! But I'm so worried that I'm going to gather my team and then WHAM, endgame!

Can anyone who's beat the game confirm that there's still plenty to the game after you've recruited everyone?

PLOX!

Vamphuntr said:
Do you still have ME? Some people had the same problem. Reloaded their final save in ME, beat the final boss, watched the ending and it created a valid save for ME 2 to recognise.

yeah thats the "fix" that they've found at the bioware forums. Some people though have started new games+ on their ME1 file, like me, so we have to play ME1 again. :/

How fucking hard would it have been for bioware or EA to tell people a week or two ago to replay ME1 and keep autosave and not do a new game+ on the character they want to import.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Chairman Yang said:
Not sure if this has been posted already:

Ten Things Gone Horribly Wrong With Mass Effect 2

I'm really liking the game so far (and I wasn't a big fan of ME1) but I agree with some of these points.
I think this is an interesting list. The character development one strikes me as very true. The characters themselves are very developed, but in terms of differentiating how they play from one another, not so much. I think that's been a Bioware weakness since KOTOR, and I think it is getting worse--excepting potentially dragon age.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Can someone who has played a lot of the game or beat it confirm or deny:

Can you...or can you not have sex with Kelly?

...this may be the most important question I've ever asked.

Vamphuntr

ExtraKr1spy said:
yeah thats the "fix" that they've found at the bioware forums. Some people though have started new games+ on their ME1 file, like me, so we have to play ME1 again. :/

How fucking hard would it have been for bioware or EA to tell people a week or two ago to replay ME1 and keep autosave and not do a new game+ on the character they want to import.

Yeah it seems they really have some issues with the launch. I'm lucky though, I got no problem with DLC or importing. Zaeed's late and they confused people with registration. It's weird because with DA you could input codes for your DLC in game or through the social. In ME 2 you have to use the social site exclusively it seems. Some people had problem linked all their account/gamertag together. Let's not forget Return to Ostagar for DA. QA guys, QA.

TheExodu5 said:
Try 4x AA. I'm using nHancer's version of 16x AA (4x MSAA with 12x CVAA apparently) with my GTX 275 and I have no framerate reduction whatsoever. It seems like my 3.0GHz C2D is my limiting factor, as it's running at 100% both cores constantly.

Man, what a shame that you can't remove the Blood Dragon armor helm. It looks so good. :(

blooddragon.png

thanks man.

Anyone know what AA settings to use with ATI and still keep the game close to 60 fps? i have a 5870. i7920

25 minutes until I get to leave the office.

soldat7

Vamphuntr said:

K Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Deadly

I just did Zaeed's loyalty quest and
you've got to choose between saving people or killing Vido
one path leads to a HW ammo upgrade while the other gets you a rifle damage upgrade. By choosing either one, are you totally screwed of the other or is there a way to get it still? Especially considering this is DLC...

hypostatic said:
Make sure you do it in game. The website activation is broken - I don't think anyone who did it online has been able to link their gamertag with their EA account.

well how do you do it in game? I see no option to input the codes..

and yea, THese stupid ea sites are fuckin broken wtf

Jamesfrom818 said:

I have another 1 hour DDD:

C-Jo

I've got a set of the Collector's Armor/Rifle along with the Terminus Armor/Blackstorm gun.

Who wants em? One per person.

Vamphuntr

The social website is really buggy. In my promotion page it no longer shows Zaeed The price of revenge 360 :( all my other stuff is there and now there is a new Cerberus Weapon and Armor (Cerberus Network) listing. Boo they better not screw up my DLC.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
C-Jo said:
I've got a set of the Collector's Armor/Rifle along with the Terminus Armor/Blackstorm gun.

Who wants em? One per person.
I'd like one if you wouldn't mind :D

RubxQub said:
Can someone who has played a lot of the game or beat it confirm or deny:

Can you...or can you not have sex with Kelly?

...this may be the most important question I've ever asked.

In the postgame you can get her to dance for you, but I don't think you can actually have sex.

Vamphuntr

TheExodu5 said:
How do you manage weapons in this game?

What do you mean manage? You can find upgrade by scanning ennemy weapons, buying from merchant, performing research in the Lab. To change weapon for each party member go to the armory. Everyone have the same copies of very weapon. You don't upgrade for example weapon for both Miranda and Jacobs. If you upgrade the pistol, everyone pistols are upgrade. In battle it's the same as ME. You can only carry weapons your class are allowed too.

Persona7

Banned
Is the Crash DLC the only one available via the cerberus card? I feel like I am missing something.

I put the cerberus card code into the screen when it prompted me and downloaded the single DLC. The website won't work for me so I can't enter the Collectors Edition codes yet.

Vamphuntr

Persona7 said:
Is the Crash DLC the only one available via the cerberus card? I feel like I am missing something.

I put the cerberus card code into the screen when it prompted me and downloaded the single DLC. The website won't work for me so I can't enter the Collectors Edition codes yet.

Nope every new DLC will require the network. For now only the crash site is there. Tomorrow Zaeed should be up for the 360 (it's up now for PC). Hammerhead will follow soon.

Zeliard

EviLore said:
Know what would be cool? If I could actually access the fuckin' Cerberus Network to get my deluxe edition bonuses.

Other than that, game is very cool so far, blows away ME1.

After the Dragon Age DLC mess, you figure they would have learned something. I've been fortunate not to run any issues with ME2 and Cerberus, but clearly many people have.

And who knows how many people linked their ME2 account to a different one than their Dragon Age account, meaning they lose access to the Blood Dragon armor.

Come on Bioware. These are great games. Stop with the DLC and pre-order bonus shenanigans.

Made it all the way to Omega, great planet. But I experienced one freeze and at the end of my 3 hour run, the game didn't let me save at all and it wasn't auto-saving. Now I have to start all over, besides that GOTY, so far :D

Arde5643

Jamesfrom818 said:
So, how's the engineer's drones? Cannon fodder or actually useful?
Think of them as aggro-pulling harrassing/stunning meatshield mobile landmines.

Nowhere near as deadly as biotic's abilities, but useful in all situations to take away the heat from you and your team.

Einbroch

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
I want to believe this! But I'm so worried that I'm going to gather my team and then WHAM, endgame!

Can anyone who's beat the game confirm that there's still plenty to the game after you've recruited everyone?

PLOX!
Unfortunately, the game is pretty much over after you recruit everyone and do their sidequests. There are like three non-recruiting missions sprinkled throughout the game (two of them are after you recruit everyone), but they're the same length as the the recruiting missions. :(

Ceebs

Illium Quest Help

I can not for the life of me find all of the terminals to hack for Liara's quest. I can only find the 2 in the area with the weapon shop and cabs.

Lucc

BenjaminBirdie said:
I'm guessing from the achievements that after you recruit everyone
there's maybe two big missions left
but I'd just like to confirm that.
after you recruit everyone and done all the loyality missions
its the finale
. you could fly around looking for the N7 missions. but if you listened to everything and finished all the missions you should be
at 30-35h
playtime

kai3345

Banned
Just finished SuZe's mission.

What the hell? These missions are short as fuck. While the missions in ME1 weren't that long either, they at least had conversations and plot twists and new characters at diffrent points in the level to spice things up. But with every mission I've played so far its been

Shoot Shit - Cutscene - Shoot More Shit - Cutscene - Boss

Someone please, PLEASE tell me it isn't like this for every mission

Lucc

Ceebs said:
Illium Quest Help

I can not for the life of me find all of the terminals to hack for Liara's quest. I can only find the 2 in the area with the weapon shop and cabs.

they are all around that area. look at everything. screens, shops, erminals etc.

spoiler with solution of liara's quest on illium:
none of them. the operator is a female

Ceebs

kai3345 said:
Just finished SuZe's mission.

What the hell? These missions are short as fuck. While the missions in ME1 weren't that long either, they at least had conversations and plot twists and new characters at diffrent points in the level to spice things up. But with every mission I've played so far its been

Shoot Shit - Cutscene - Shoot More Shit - Cutscene - Boss

Someone please, PLEASE tell me it isn't like this for every mission

This is one area the loss of the Mako hurts, it makes all the missions feel really short.

I thought I had read earlier in the thread that there are no longer any armor restrictions for classes. Is this true? One of the reasons I am kind of leaning towards Soldier is that I want to be able to wear all armor types.

Einbroch

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
Humorous??
He f**cking poisoned me
But you get your revenge!

MisterAnderson said:
I thought I had read earlier in the thread that there are no longer any armor restrictions for classes. Is this true? One of the reasons I am kind of leaning towards Soldier is that I want to be able to wear all armor types.

This is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom