• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sebulon3k said:
I used them each once for different missions then went back to the normal armor. Those helmets are fugly :lol

Hey dude, that Dragon Armor DLC still available :p?

Swag

Dy_Nasty you were right, Samara definitely becomes interesting once you get to the second conversation.

Btw has anyone sexed
Kelly
? I don't wanna ruin my chances with anyone else.

EatChildren said:
Hey dude, that Dragon Armor DLC still available :p?

The downloads are tied to Bioware accounts, can't share them unless you have a spare Blood Dragon code from DA:O :/

nyong

Banned
traveler said:
-Visually, the game is a considerable upgrade. Yet despite the step-up, my comp's performance with the tile has been remarkably good. Better, even, than the first. What the hell is going on? :lol

Seriously? So whatever settings/FPS I get on the first title I should get with the second?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I decided to just import my old character, he doesn't look bad in this new lighting :]

Even thought I remember reading a while back that they said that not everything would "map on" it actually does, imo.

I just don't like those scars :lol

AgentOtaku said:
ugh ....there's no broken ass mouse acceleration ala PC Bioshock is there?

=(
It didn't feel broken to me ... and I was using my mouse on the carpet since I was playing on the floor in my room :lol (this one)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sebulon3k said:
The downloads are tied to Bioware accounts, can't share them unless you have a spare Blood Dragon code from DA:O :/

She's sweet. Thanks for offering!

Lucc said:
I'm still torn, these Normandys are pulling my heart both ways. The first Normandy was one of my favourite spaceships ever, I didn't think I would ever forgive Bioware for destroying it. But the more I look at the SR2 the more I like it. I'm upset that it doesn't have the cool moving wings of the old one, but the twin tails are awesome. They remind me of an F-14, which reminds me of Top Gun ("Joker, let's slam on the brakes so he flies right by!")

Swag

For those that have finished the game, party number spoilers:

Are we limited to the number of people we can recruit? I have a spot for Tali and I guess one more for Legion but I can also get Zaeed and one person from Samara loyalty Quest?

Wiggum2007

I think I have OCD, I've spent almost an hour customizing the color of my armor and I still haven't found a pattern to settle on. :(

I'm having trouble activating my Terminus armor.. I already redeemed the code off that BioWare network site, but the armor isn't showing up on my ME2 story..

I think it might have something to do with EA.com because I'm trying to add my gamertag as the persona, but it's saying that my gamertag is already being used... Any help or suggestions ?

EDIT: I also have the Collector's Armor/Rifle, but I'm too scared to redeem it cuz it may not work :(

EatChildren

Question; picking up the CE tomorrow, should I go over the artbook or should I wait? I've heard theres some spoiling of surprises and cool stuff in the artbook. Expected, really, as most do that, but if its annoying then I'll hold off reading it until I finish the game.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Just went into Afterlife and found out that shepherd is a dancing machine. Did he dance in the last game?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Jooolieeezy said:
I'm having trouble activating my Terminus armor.. I already redeemed the code off that BioWare network site, but the armor isn't showing up on my ME2 story..

I think it might have something to do with EA.com because I'm trying to add my gamertag as the persona, but it's saying that my gamertag is already being used... Any help or suggestions ?
Go here and check to see if your Gamertag is linked to your Social account.

20100127-4s15trhpxj1k29a4r2fcq76p3.jpg

TwIsTeD

man its 1:30am est and i`m waiting in queue on support.ea.com since my xbox live account was linked to another email address....damnit EA this shit is the most botched thing I have ever seen

TheExodu5

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
ugh ....there's no broken ass mouse acceleration ala PC Bioshock is there?

=(

No there isn't. I'm very sensitive to mouse acceleration...seems fine here. The issue is you only have 3 mouse sensitivity option (low, medium, high). Not an issue for me, as I have on the fly DPI settings for my mouse. Otherwise, you'll need to adjust your sensitivity in the Windows Control Panel if you want to tweak it further.

Reave

For those of you who aren't going to use your armor DLC codes, do you think you can pass it my way? I went in to get my pre-ordered copy from Gamestop, and these douchewagons tell me they don't have any to give.

Chrange

Banned
Wiggum2007 said:
I think I have OCD, I've spent almost an hour customizing the color of my armor and I still haven't found a pattern to settle on. :(
Then you get out of the create menu and it doesn't look quite the same and you have to start again...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Jooolieeezy said:
Yeah, it's not letting me activate my Gamertag, it says it's already being used, but I've never used it all... :(
What happened the first time you booted the game? Did it ask you to log in using your EA account/create an account or where you just taken straight to the main menu? I know it asked me for my log in info and some people who played DA 360 said it skipped that screen for them and automatically logged them in with their EA account.

AniHawk

Got the game today, but I probably won't start playing until the weekend.

Went to Toys R Us and asked for the game and No More Heroes 2. According to CAG, I thought it was a $20 gift card off ME2 toward any PS360 game $59.99 or higher, and with NMH2, it was $15 gift card toward any Wii game $39.99 or higher. The cashier sees the promo, but hasn't heard about it, and she asks someone for help. They tell her to put the games back since they're preorder copies apparently (there were only 3 ME2s left and 2 NMH2s left). I'm fine with that, but ask if she could check on stock of another store. They had even less (negative 2 ME2s and only 2 NMH2s). I thank her for the information and she tells me to call back the next day to check on tracking. At this point her boss comes in, as she's writing down the phone number. Then her boss goes into the back room and gets the games.

But now nobody knows what the deal with the promos are. NMH2 is ringing up a promo that reads $15 off, but ME2 is just ringing up with "promo." Her boss checks the Internets and can't find anything, so they decide to give me a $15 gift card plus NMH2 since the promo isn't very clear on what to do and no one knows what's going on. I decline on ME2 until I found out more information.

So I got home, immediately went online, and discovered the $15 off happens only when you buy another game with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. It wasn't even the right game. And the same is true of ME2, except that was the right game and it was $20 off. So I drove back to the store and got there 15 minutes before it closed to explain what the hell really happened. I asked if she could cancel the transaction (it was within our power to do it at Gamestop as long as it was the same day)- I didn't want anyone to get in trouble. But she said it was fine, and then asked if I wanted to get Mass Effect 2. So I did and she let me use the $15 gift card.

Yeah, I accidentally haggled with Toys R Us kinda.

So I'm on the final stretch of completing my ME1 save file, I'm ready to go to Ilos. I've done every sidequest I could find, even the Bring Down the Sky DLC, but have still not completed the UNC quests (Data disks, Signs of Battle, Turian Insignias, Valuable Minerals) Do these carry over anything into ME2 or should I skip them? I'm not really in the mood to scour every damn system for insignias and rare minerals.

PEZIX

Banned
DY_nasty said:
Its still not 'ammo' hur hur. Guns got better, and thats why the alliance upgraded to heat sinks.

Oh yeah another thing.... Eject heat sinks before your weapon overheats. Save yourself a good amount of time when it comes to reloading.
Idk anytime I gotta reload my weapon and it has a little counter telling me how many times I can pull my controller trigger before I get raped is ammo to me.. but i can only play with pistols so idk about the other weapons yet.

Killthee said:
What happened the first time you booted the game? Did it ask you to log in using your EA account/create an account or where you just taken straight to the main menu? I know it asked me for my log in info and some people who played DA 360 said it skipped that screen for them and automatically logged them in with their EA account.

Well, I kind of had a noob moment and registered the cerebrus thing on my brother's account, luckily i had enough xbox points to purchase it for my account... But, I didn't use the email address I use for my Gamertag when I registered for it on my brother's account. Like, the Cerebrus works fine, and I downloaded that Normandy Crash Landing thing, so I assume everything is okay, but the armor isn't working for some reason.

EatChildren

Daheza said:
Damn, Im stuck on top of some guys head in the ship lol. How the crap do I get out of here.

Excellent. Places to get stuck. Now all I need is Navigator Pressly standing on top of his control deck and I'm happy.

TheExodu5 said:
No there isn't. I'm very sensitive to mouse acceleration...seems fine here. The issue is you only have 3 mouse sensitivity option (low, medium, high). Not an issue for me, as I have on the fly DPI settings for my mouse. Otherwise, you'll need to adjust your sensitivity in the Windows Control Panel if you want to tweak it further.

Ah, great!
thanks!

IoCaster

I hate mini-games in my RPGs and I always have. The weird thing is that I was listening to that awesome galaxy map theme with some headphones on and dropping probes all over the place and enjoying the crap out of it. 0_o

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Question!
I romanced Liara in the first Mass Effect. Hell, Shephard even has a picture of her on my desk in the captain's quarters. Am I going to be able to see her again? :(

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
I hated Mass Effect 1, and I couldn't get into Dragon Age at all, but this is truly, one hell of an amazing game. Guess that means, that hardcore RPG players probably will feel somewhat dissapointed, but man, what a goddamn trip.

Mordin = Awesomeness.

This game is excellent.

Only thing I dislike are abnormally long load times in the PC version. Other than that, I'm amazed by how much better it runs than ME1.

Zzoram

This game starts WAY better than ME1 does. The new Normandy is incredible. The game certainly feels more like a shooter than the original, especially the tutorial that reminded me a lot of Dead Space, but it is still firmly an RPG since a huge chunk of the game is dialogue trees. Sure they reduced some of the loot and skills, but let's face it, it was for the best. Bioware is pretty bad at creating a compelling loot system and most of the skills they removed were lame anyways. They mainly removed all the gun and armor proficiency skills which were passive and boring anyways. I like the lower level caps that Bioware games have (ME1 is the only game Bioware has made with a level cap as insanely high as 60) because they make each level more meaningful, and fewer skills means more useful and unique skills.

Spookie

Linkzg said:
This game is excellent.

Only thing I dislike are abnormally long load times in the PC version. Other than that, I'm amazed by how much better it runs than ME1.

Load times for me are between 12-14 seconds for a level with no texture pop in as I play. I think that's fairly reasonable.

Zzoram

Linkzg said:
This game is excellent.

It really is amazing, because ME1 looks worse and performs worse on the same hardware. I have no idea how Bioware did it, but I'm assuming EA's support helped. ME2 has way better lighting and shadows than ME1.

A question and a complaint.

Question: Is there anyone to make a team-mate loyal if I've already done their loyalty mission and they, for some reason or another - decided to lose loyalty to me? If I go talk to them (Jack, Tali) - their dialogue choices to console them are greyed the fuck out.

Complaint: Okay, disc swapping is getting pretty annoying. It's fine if it's a one time thing but Im near the end trying to finish up all side missions and I've had to switch discs multiple times. What the fuck Bioware.

EatChildren

Zzoram said:
It really is amazing, because ME1 looks worse and performs worse on the same hardware. I have no idea how Bioware did it, but I'm assuming EA's support helped. ME2 has way better lighting and shadows than ME1.

Its not that uncommon on PCs to have games do this. Its all about engine optimisation.

Diebuster

Linkzg said:
Other than that, I'm amazed by how much better it runs than ME1.

I was worried if my rig would be handle this after the average performance I got out of ME1, but ME2 looks and runs better. :lol

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Rabbit Lord said:
Don't know if anyone else has run in to this problem, maybe someone here can help.

I got the PC version of ME2. The configure utility import ME1 saves option doesn't recognize my ME1 saves.

any ideas?

Edit: I just moved my ME1 saves in to the ME2/me1 saves folder and it worked.

You can also go in to the configure option when you start the game and there is a save sectrion in there, just point to your me saves

Zzoram

HK-47 said:
Dont believe so. Would be pretty stupid if you could.

Dragon Age Origins sorta did it by letting you have sex with up to 3 of your party members in the same game and it led to pretty funny interactions. They would get jealous of each other and eventually you'd be forced to choose one of them when they gave you an ultimatum.

Spookie said:
Load times for me are between 12-14 seconds for a level with no texture pop in as I play. I think that's fairly reasonable.

Something is up with my game then, because it reminds me of PGR 45 second loads where I snooze off as I take the elevator on the Normandy. Dragon Age had poor load times for me as well.

lol it apparently has something to do with dual cores and there is a fix already. I wish I read that FIVE HOURS AGO

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Zzoram said:
Dragon Age Origins sorta did it by letting you have sex with up to 3 of your party members in the same game and it led to pretty funny interactions. They would get jealous of each other and eventually you'd be forced to choose one of them when they gave you an ultimatum.

Yeah that was pretty dumb. Its worst in Persona though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom