• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

rozay

Banned
You can get "all" the endings without multiplayer but there's a short clip at the end of one of them that you get with 5000 EMS that really has no relation to the war assets.

In short, fuck bioware for limiting the game like this, but don't worry about multiplayer or iOS stuff. I wish I could say more without spoiling things, but you have to trust us.

I read it was 5000 EMS points, or 4000 and enough morality points to pass a particular check to get the ending. Is that accurate, or will I need to grind out 5000 points? Morality points have never been an issue for me in previous games, plus I have a boost from my imported character, so if I can get by with 4000 I should meet the morality requirement.

I get that the extra scene is not a big deal and I might as well YT it, but I've invested so much into this trilogy over the generation that getting the most complete ending possible is a matter of principle at this point.

Yeah 4000 with a charm/intimidate, 5000 if you fail it. Still you have a decent chance of picking an ending where it doesn't play.

Fjordson

So if I don't really care for the multiplayer (and don't have the iOS game) then I won't be missing out on anything great by not bothering with max EMS?

Also, how much do I have left if I'm about to [main plot spoilers past halfway]
attack the cerberus base
?

So if I don't really care for the multiplayer (and don't have the iOS game) then I won't be missing out on anything great by not bothering with max EMS?

attack the cerberus base
?

Rest easy, you will not miss out on anything "great" with this ending...

And that is the point of no return.

If your EMS is really low it has obvious negative impacts on the ending though, so it should be like 3000+ at least.

DTKT

I read it was 5000 EMS points, or 4000 and enough morality points to pass a particular check to get the ending. Is that accurate, or will I need to grind out 5000 points? Morality points have never been an issue for me in previous games, plus I have a boost from my imported character, so if I can get by with 4000 I should meet the morality requirement.

I get that the extra scene is not a big deal and I might as well YT it, but I've invested so much into this trilogy over the generation that getting the most complete ending possible is a matter of principle at this point.

Galactic Readiness (and Effective Strength?) can be boosted with the Mass Effect Infiltrator app...I guess that'll be the way to go if I can't get enough points in the regular campaign. Does the app give players a specific number of points, or can it be farmed like the multiplayer?

You can only raise the Galactic Readiness with the iOS apps. Your war assets are all acquired in ME3. Since, ME3 doesn't give you enough war assets, you can't raise your effective strength(War Assets with the %(from your Galactic Readiness) applied) over 5000. I'm not sure about the points you get from the Infitrator app. The Datapad app has a very small effect on your Galactic Readiness. It might take a long time in order to raise it high enough.

Aske

You can get "all" the endings without multiplayer but there's a short clip at the end of one of them that you get with 5000 EMS that really has no relation to the war assets.

In short, fuck bioware for limiting the game like this, but don't worry about multiplayer or iOS stuff. I wish I could say more without spoiling things, but you have to trust us.

I know it's shitty and totally not worth it...but I've invested too much into this series to not 100% it now. But yes, fuck Bioware so hard for this.

HadesGigas said:
The thing is though, there's a chance you will pick an ending where that scene doesn't even play.

I know about picking the path to make sure I get the extra scene (plus I'll have saves to reload if I screw anything up), but thanks for the heads-up.

I just downloaded the data pad app. Good news is I can earn points for free. Bad news...I have to tap a mission, and then wait six fucking hours for an arbitrary reward. Is this what Facebook games are like? Fuck.

Edit:

You can only raise the Galactic Readiness with the iOS apps. Your war assets are all acquired in ME3. Since, ME3 doesn't give you enough war assets, you can't raise your effective strength(War Assets with the %(from your Galactic Readiness) applied) over 5000.

Someone from Bioware/EA deserves to break their knees. That's not a threat or a hateful statement; merely an accurate assessment of the reality in which we all exist.

rozay

Banned

attack the cerberus base
?
Starting that mission triggers the game to check your current war assets level. Finish any sidequests or missions you have available before starting it, as well as purchasing anything else you want from the citadel. You will get 55k credits to spend before the final mission in the Normandy's hangar.

Sorry if this has been asked dozens of times already (I checked the last couple of pages, but everyone is talking about slightly spoilerish gameplay stuff which I don't want to know about) - is it possible to get the best ending without touching the multiplayer?

This (spoilers) suggests that players can't get the necessary
4000 Effective Military Strength
points by playing the single player campaign. So am I screwed unless I buy a Live Gold account, play the iOS games, or wait for more DLC to drop? I can't believe that would be the case. If the requirements are different, please let me know in the most spoiler-free way possible. I'm only 2 hours into the game, but I don't want to finish up and get a "Sorry! The 60 hours you spent playing ME3 the first time were just a practice run! Please play again in a few months after we sell you more DLC to enjoy the real ending to the Mass Effect trilogy. Fuck you! :D"

i also tried but by the end of game,doing every single side mission i was still stuck at 3.8 ems with sp only.had to do mp for 3-4 hours so that ems would increase.

2 points to keep in mind:-
1) after u raise your required ems thru mp,go offline as long as u offline ur ems% won't decrease.mine is still at 69% since 3 weeks.

2) save reaper base in me2,it adds a good share to your ems at every level.this is what my friend told me.

Replicant

So the
Red ending is really the one that requires the highest EMS? I thought it's the Green ending

Aske

So the
Red ending is really the one that requires the highest EMS? I thought it's the Green ending

Someone else will have to answer that. I just know that for the 'best' ending you're supposed to take the
right
path at some point during the last mission.

Utsavinheaven - nice tip about going offline to preserve GR. Maybe I'll use one of my Live gold 2 day codes and grind the MP for a few hours. Really rather not do that. At least the DLC should make up the shortfall by the time I start my Renegade game.

Amagon

So I've been steamrolling the Mass Effect Trilogy (360) for the first time since ME3 came out and now just started playing ME3 today. But anyhoot, I'm still early early in the game and I've been playing it on Insanity Difficulty. It is really brutal with enemies being assholes and spamming grenades which I'm not having a fun experience at all. Any suggestions to help me out and will I be able to gain the achievement for playing the game in Hardcore mode if I change the difficulty setting right now???

Minion101

Banned
So I've been steamrolling the Mass Effect Trilogy (360) for the first time since ME3 came out and now just started playing ME3 today. But anyhoot, I'm still early early in the game and I've been playing it on Insanity Difficulty. It is really brutal with enemies being assholes and spamming grenades which I'm not having a fun experience at all. Any suggestions to help me out and will I be able to gain the achievement for playing the game in Hardcore mode if I change the difficulty setting right now???

My tip is don't play vanguard.

Ambitious

About 30 hours in, I just did the mission in which
Cerberus attacks the Citadel. Poor Thane. I liked the fighting scene between him and the cereal killer whose name I forgot.
How far am I approximately in the main storyline in percent?

I just downloaded the data pad app. Good news is I can earn points for free. Bad news...I have to tap a mission, and then wait six fucking hours for an arbitrary reward. Is this what Facebook games are like? Fuck.

Does it run like shit for you too? I'm looking at loading indicators more often than not. iPhone 3GS + WiFi, on 3G it's nearly unusable. Also I get "You need an internet connection!" alerts all the time. And since yesterday, I have to type in my Origin credentials every time I start the app. And it sucks that the codex isn't synchronized with the game (available entries, read/unread entries).

So the

Red ending is really the one that requires the highest EMS.
u can get green by getting 3.5k ems.

if u r 4k or 5k and choose red,additonal scene plays out after normandy crash,which kind of hints at a theory.

About 30 hours in, I just did the mission in which
Cerberus attacks the Citadel. Poor Thane. I liked the fighting scene between him and the cereal killer whose name I forgot.
How far am I approximately in the main storyline in percent?

Does it run like shit for you too? I'm looking at loading indicators more often than not. iPhone 3GS + WiFi, on 3G it's nearly unusable. Also I get "You need an internet connection!" alerts all the time. And since yesterday, I have to type in my Origin credentials every time I start the app. And it sucks that the codex isn't synchronized with the game (available entries, read/unread entries).

approx 40 % is complete.
i hate that guy want to blow him to hell with cain nuke launcher.

spekkeh

Banned
I haven't launched the game since I finished it 2 weeks ago, but I have to say, they did get the soundtrack stuff right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5JvbD2Zc9I&feature=related

Very moving.
When all's said and done, may be the main reason I was okay with the ending. Is this Clint Mansell's work?

Ending was reminiscent of Pi to me. Well almost any of Aronofsky's movies that Mansell scored really. The music is closer to that of The Fountain. In fact could they have tried to do a The Fountain with the ending and would that be the reason they got Mansell on the project in the first place?

Aske

I'm on a 4S, and load times are appalling. I also have to close down and restart the app to get it to realize that my phone is online. And when I do that, I have to log in to my Origin account too.

At least the actual experience of playing ME3 is fun so far. Loving the refined combat.

Fuck, I'm already am.

o3wrS.png

- J - D -

My tip is don't play vanguard.

Don't listen to this man.

Invest all of your points into Charge and Nova early on, with a focus on fastest Power Recharge speed possible.

Remove all weapons but one in order to get the quickest power recharge bonus.

In combat: Charge, Nova, Nova, Charge, Nova, Charge, Nova, Charge. Repeat until all foes are pulp.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Is a total military strength of 6843 enough for the final mission? Readiness is 50% and effective military strength is 3421.

Lime

For those who haven't been following the ME3 PC thread, "holstering" is now partially possible. But instead of the holstering animation, you'll get a loading screen. This is the best solution I can come up with for differentiating between Explorer mode and Combat mode, because the animation sets and packages need to be loaded each time.

I have uploaded my Coalesced file, which enables "holstering" through the Home and End keys: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43028447/Coalesced.bin

The Coalesced file includes the above mentioned "Holstering" solution, "Chemiali's" casual appearances, armour unlocks, new hair styles under shoulder appearances, plus the following commands:

Code:
Home = Combat mode (re-loading the game)
End = Explorer mode (re-loading the game)
Right-mouse = FOV 90 when exiting aiming
Numpad 9 = Flycam toggle with ctrl + WASD movement in cutscenes/dialogue
Numpad 8 = FOV 30
Numpad 7 = FOV 110
Numpad 6 = PlayersOnly (time stop)
Numpad 5 = Slomo1 (normal time lapse)
Numpad 4 = Slomo 0.5 (half time lapse)
Numpad 3 = FOV 70
Numpad 2 = FOV 0 (normal FOV)
Numpad 1 = show scaleform (disable HUD)

Examples (both screens are from combat missions):

How about assigning a button to the "lower weapon"-animation? It's not the same as holstering, but it actually has an animation and Shepard can run around without pointing his gun at everyone.

Is a total military strength of 6843 enough for the final mission? Readiness is 50% and effective military strength is 3421.

Yes, but depending on your choices you won't get the "best" ending.

Dries

Uhm, just posted this question in another ME thread, but here it'll get more views I think:

I want to import my completed 360 ME1 save into my PC version of ME2. So basically I need a tool to convert a 360 ME1 save to a PC ME1 save. I've found some tools online, but they can only convert ME2 saves instead of ME1 saves.

Can anyone help?

Kinyou

I always avoided this thread because of spoilers so sorry if this question has already been answered:

Do I have to play the multiplayer to get a "good" ending? The "points" bar of the galactic readiness is going up as I progress, but the "50%" isn't changing at all.

Second question would be if a Online Pass would allow all Xbox live profiles on one console to play online.

Montresor

I'm about to dive into Mass Effect 3 and I have a couple of quick questions:

1) Are there any missable side quests? If I take my time I should be able to do every mission, right?

2) As long as I play with my Mass Effect 3 iphone app, I should be able to maximize readiness and get the best ending without having to touch multiplayer, correct? Because I don't want to touch multiplayer.

I always avoided this thread because of spoilers so sorry if this question has already been answered:

Do I have to play the multiplayer to get a "good" ending? The "points" bar of the galactic readiness is going up as I progress, but the "50%" isn't changing at all.

Second question would be if a Online Pass would allow all Xbox live profiles on one console to play online.

EA is a fucking scumbag of a company. With NHL11, I can confirm 100% that the online pass is gamertag specific. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same with Mass Effect.

- J - D -

I'm about to dive into Mass Effect 3 and I have a couple of quick questions:

1) Are there any missable side quests? If I take my time I should be able to do every mission, right?

2) As long as I play with my Mass Effect 3 iphone app, I should be able to maximize readiness and get the best ending without having to touch multiplayer, correct? Because I don't want to touch multiplayer.

EA is a fucking scumbag of a company. With NHL11, I can confirm 100% that the online pass is gamertag specific. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same with Mass Effect.

1. Complete all available side quests you can before tackling 'Priority' missions.

2. Yes, but raising Readiness through the iOS app is a slow process. Try to raise your Readiness to at least 70% before starting ME3 if you want the 'best' ending.

Kinyou

2. Yes, but raising Readiness through the iOS app is a slow process. Try to raise your Readiness to at least 70% before starting ME3 if you want the 'best' ending.
So you definitely have to play either the iOS app or the multiplayer?

...ugh, goddammit EA, I think I remember Bioware saying that the MP would unlock nothing that couldn't be unlocked in the Singleplayer as well; guess that was just another lie.

Lime

So you definitely have to play either the iOS app or the multiplayer?

...ugh, goddammit EA, I think I remember Bioware saying that the MP would unlock nothing that couldn't be unlocked in the Singleplayer as well; guess that was just another lie.

Don't worry, the extra ending is not worth it. The duration of the "Perfect" ending is
only 3 seconds long
. Just disregard the Galactic War Readiness.

Montresor

Here's a silly question: How do I link my origin account to my gamertag? I don't think I've ever even touched origin while loading/playing Mass Effect 3 on my 360...

My collector's edition said that, after I activate my online pass on the 360, I should go to social.bioware.com to download the soundtrack. So I log into my origin account at social.bioware.com, but how do they know that this particular origin account has an associated gamertag with a legit online pass? And how will I transfer my iOS progress to my gamertag?

Bah, I feel like I missed something.

Lime

Ah, ok, I guess I'm gonna trust you on this one ;)

You can always look it up on youtube if you really want to see it.

Regarding the different endings and war assets, I'd argue (big spoilers):
they do not really matter.
You'll see once you've finished the game

Montresor

Well forget my question. I fiddled around with my origin account on the internet and found out it already knows my gamertag. I created the origin account a long time ago and forgot, so forgive me. >_<

Sulla1980

I've just been listening to the soundtrack and its quite good. I didn't really notice it while I was playing.

Some of the tracks near the end are well done. Still, not quite as awesome as M4 Part 2 (the credits song) from the first Mass Effect.

JaCy

This is so frustrating! I'm playing on insanity and I'm at the very end.
I'm right at the beam and that Marauder keeps killing me no matter what. I'm gotten his shield down but can never get his health all the way down before he kills me.

Sec0nd

I'm at what I presume is the last mission,
going back to save Earth.
How long is this mission? Not really sure if I should finish it right now or do it tomorrow.

Top Bottom