• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Uhm, just posted this question in another ME thread, but here it'll get more views I think:
I'm not 100% sure if you can convert an 360 save to PC.

You can, however, start a new ME2 PC save, and as soon as you're able, exit the game and use an editor to change it.

http://www.masseffectsaves.com/mods.php

Edit: If you have found a tool to convert ME2 saves from 360 to PC, you should ask someone with a 360 to import your ME character into ME2 and give you the save file.

Fjordson

Damn. I've done literally every single quest in the game and have every system 100% scanned, but it says my chances are only "even". Reapers aren't fucking around =/

Only about 3300 EMS and 6600 total strength. Guess that'll have to do.

Sec0nd

Alright so I finished the game, seriously why the fuck was there such a outrage because of the ending? I thought it was amazing! Seriously, it's amazing.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Damn. I've done literally every single quest in the game and have every system 100% scanned, but it says my chances are only "even". Reapers aren't fucking around =/

Only about 3300 EMS and 6600 total strength. Guess that'll have to do.
You mean the percentage? That can only be raised by MP or the iOS apps.

Replicant

This is so frustrating! I'm playing on insanity and I'm at the very end.
I'm right at the beam and that Marauder keeps killing me no matter what. I'm gotten his shield down but can never get his health all the way down before he kills me.

To those who have problem with this (I assume mostly console/controller folks because I had the same problem while all the PC people didn't because they had mouse/kb for precision):

1. Lower the camera sensitivity on your PS3/XBox 360 to low. (pause the game and go to setting)
2. STOP before you aim at your target. This will help stop the shaking a bit.
3. You don't need to press trigger (LT on 360 or L1 on PS3) to shoot the last enemy. Just aim at his body (don't bother aiming for his head) and shoot consistently so he can't shoot back.

Zeliard

I'm right at the beam and that Marauder keeps killing me no matter what. I'm gotten his shield down but can never get his health all the way down before he kills me.

Go for headshots.

Replicant

Go for headshots.

No, on console that'll just make it harder. You can actually stun the guy just by consistent shooting of his body. Remember, there's only a few seconds time to line up your reticule. This is made doubly difficult on the console since the controller are making it stiffer. If you spend too long, he'll have the chance to shoot you.

Also, lowering the camera sensitivity means you can control the reticule better than when it's on medium or high. A slight nudge will only mean a slight nudge instead of going two steps to left or right.

AlphaBovine

Neo Member
I have played through the game twice now. Once with about 65% readiness and the other with 100% on all 5 systems. As long as the war asset bar is green and filled up at 5k + you will get the best ending. You can think of Galaxy Readiness like diminishing returns. If you have 1000 War Assets with 50% readiness, you will only have 500 War Assets. Simply keep boosting your war assets up to over 5000 and you will be fine.

Just accept that as the ending. It's the way it should be.

don't ress the L1 button and keep hitting him,also headshort would help.

Dany

Banned

He is the literal worst. Most frustrating time I had at a boss.

in insane mode i died abt 20 times 10 were at this point.
6 at other such QTE point.

game is broken in these sections i feel.

I watched my buddy die probably 30 times there. I could not stop laughing at his growing frustration. On my own run, on a hunch I lowered my sensitivity to low...and beat it in 3 shots.

spekkeh

Banned
1) Are there any missable side quests? If I take my time I should be able to do every mission, right?
You can miss two side quests if you do the corresponding priority mission first.
EA is a fucking scumbag of a company. With NHL11, I can confirm 100% that the online pass is gamertag specific. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same with Mass Effect.

My wife was able to play the DLC I bought.

Replicant

in insane mode i died abt 20 times 10 were at this point.
6 at other such QTE point.

game is broken in these sections i feel.
I watched my buddy die probably 30 times there. I could not stop laughing at his growing frustration. On my own run, on a hunch I lowered my sensitivity to low...and beat it in 3 shots.

Such an AWFULLY designed section. What a joke. I didn't even die once at the missile charging mission that came before it with 5 brutes + 3 Banshees + a few Marauder and Cannibals on Insanity. But in that post beam attack section, I died at least 10-15 times before I finally completed it by turning off the sensitivity to low.

Another reason why anything post beam attack should just be eradicated from the game. They're all a joke from that point on forward.

Marauder Shields - toughest boss in gaming. :(

nope it the most retarded section in gaming history.

as other ppl on this thread said.
the missile section 4-5 brutes,2-3 banshees and other left overs were a breeze,but this .................

how can a game be so broken in such a section.

Aske

Mass Effect: Infiltrator (the iOS game) is on sale. $4.99 down from $6.99. I picked it up, and will post impressions when I've had a chance to play it for a bit.

Dreaver

I finished the
Thessia
and
final Quarian mission
. Easily the best missions so far.
Tonight I will finish
Cerberus
so I can make the final assault against
the Reapers
tomorrow. I am really curious about all the hate.

Kinyou

EA is a fucking scumbag of a company. With NHL11, I can confirm 100% that the online pass is gamertag specific. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same with Mass Effect.
Little update:

I found an old 2-day gold pass, tested it, and it worked perfectly fine. Means the Online-pass is not gamertag specific. Seems like EA actually learned from a past mistake.

Inversive

People actually have trouble with the Maruader after the beam? LOL I had no idea. I did that section first try and thought nothing of it. It was on hardcore difficulty, i'm not sure why it would be much harder even on insanity though.

Ashsturm

New record for Bioware, I haven't even started playing the game and it's clearly not been properly QA tested.

Ignoring the fact that Origin managed to remove itself from my system during an "update" (I know, EA's fault) it seems like I'll have to either wait for a patch or recreate my characters face because Bioware screwed up the character import for the second time in a row.

I might not feel so strongly about another buggy Bioware game it if they weren't already trying to screw extra money out of me.

RedSwirl

Guys I'm watching Star Trek First Contact right now, and I refuse to believe that the Borg Queen isn't Samara. IMDB shows no connection, but God damn if they don't look and sound alike.

Minamu

I've been having A LOT more issues on Insanity and ng+ than I had on my first playthrough. First, the game completely froze Shepard kinda mid-cutscene where you first battle the new Husks at the start (the enemies kept shooting me though). Then Ashley froze up during the tramway fight when you get off the tram. She just stood there, seemingly invincible looking at the tram, drawing attention to her. Couldn't get her to move until the cutscene at the next door started. And now the game freezes for a few seconds almost after every conversation I skip (with X). And some of the Kasumi/Shepard dialogue wouldn't play just like on my first playthrough. This time it didn't break the quest though. I haven't used the 360 since I beat the game and no other discs have been in the tray so it can't be scratches (couldn't hurt to check anyway I guess).

JaCy

A bit late responding.

To those who have problem with this (I assume mostly console/controller folks because I had the same problem while all the PC people didn't because they had mouse/kb for precision):

1. Lower the camera sensitivity on your PS3/XBox 360 to low. (pause the game and go to setting)
2. STOP before you aim at your target. This will help stop the shaking a bit.
3. You don't need to press trigger (LT on 360 or L1 on PS3) to shoot the last enemy. Just aim at his body (don't bother aiming for his head) and shoot consistently so he can't shoot back.
Yeah, I know. I was using LT but then read not to use it. It helped tremendously.

Just accept that as the ending. It's the way it should be.
I beat it on normal before my insanity playthrough, I still remember how it ends.
:(

He is the literal worst. Most frustrating time I had at a boss.
I know, I had less problems with Saren or the
Human Reaper
on insanity.

I finished the
Thessia
and
final Quarian mission
. Easily the best missions so far.
Tonight I will finish
Cerberus
so I can make the final assault against
the Reapers
tomorrow. I am really curious about all the hate.

It's the literal last 5 minutes.

Are the people who are complaining about dying on
the last marauder
joking, or playing on PC or PS3?

I played that part three times on insanity and didn't have any trouble, and i suck hard at games.

I mean, how can you possibly pass that fucking insane section just before
the gazillion of marauders and banshees
and have trouble with that?!

Replicant

Are the people who are complaining about dying on
the last marauder
joking, or playing on PC or PS3?

I played that part three times on insanity and didn't have any trouble, and i suck hard at games.

I mean, how can you possibly pass that fucking insane section just before
the gazillion of marauders and banshees
and have trouble with that?!

Oh please, internet tough guy. If I play using PC, I wouldn't even have problem aiming. Try using DualShock3, however, and see for yourself. It doesn't help if your DS3 have some stickiness issue and any tilt to the left or right is interpreted as extreme left or right.

Because unlike the last battle, the gazillion of marauders and banshees doesn't require *absolute* stillness and precision, which is almost impossible using controller ESPECIALLY under the strict amount of time + shaky POV imposed by that section. You can compensate for the trembling by reducing the camera sensitivity but you still have to manually tilt the controller carefully so that you still aim at the Marauder's body/head while continue pumping him with barrage of bullets. The minute you miss just ONE aim, you're dead.

Dany

Banned
I am not joking, I died maybe 10 times on Insanity and it took forever to get his shields down. God, My aiming wasn't terrible but that damn recoil on the pistol I had, FML.

Oh please, internet tough guy. If I play using PC, I wouldn't even have problem aiming. Try using DualShock3, however, and see for yourself. It doesn't help if your DS3 have some stickiness issue and any tilt to the left or right is interpreted as extreme left or right.

Because unlike the last battle, the gazillion of marauders and banshees doesn't require *absolute* stillness and precision, which is almost impossible using controller ESPECIALLY under the strict amount of time + shaky POV imposed by that section. You can compensate for the trembling by reducing the camera sensitivity but you still have to manually tilt the controller carefully so that you still aim at the Marauder's body/head while continue pumping him with barrage of bullets. The minute you miss just ONE aim, you're dead.

I am not being an internet tough guy. I was having a very, very hard time with the game (as previous posts of mine indicated in this very topic), and i am just saying i got through this part three times without losing or thinking it was hard. It obviously seems it was was luck, or the DS3 making it harder (my post implied i was using an xbox controller). The disconnect between my experience and others' just made me curious, but it certainly isn't impossible i got lucky. To be completely honest, I had a harder time with the husks.

And maybe you needed to be very accurate, but it's 'just' for a few seconds. The last battle - at least it felt to me - required you to play great and be lucky, but for minutes and minutes and more interminable minutes. It felt impossible.

Replicant

I am not being an internet tough guy. I was having a very, very hard time with the game (as previous posts of mine indicated in this very topic), and i am just saying i got through this part three times without losing or thinking it was hard. It obviously seems it was was luck, or the DS3 making it harder (my post implied i was using an xbox controller). The disconnect between my experience and others' just made me curious, but it certainly isn't impossible i got lucky. To be completely honest, I had a harder time with the husks.

And maybe you needed to be very accurate, but it's 'just' for a few seconds. The last battle - at least it felt to me - required you to play great and be lucky, but for minutes and minutes and more interminable minutes. It felt impossible.

No. That section was badly designed because you have to watch some crappy cutscene over and over again if you fail and then you need to fight the
3 stupid husks
before
the Marauder
. You really do need precision and luck. If you don't have both, and you miss one aim, you'll spend another minute watching stupid cut scenes, watching the same jerky camera/shaky movement, and forced to play pseudo-game that you can't save halfway through if you want to rest. It's not even controller-specific issue because you can read people who played on XBox and had the same difficulty.

There's no luck involved in the missile mission. It's all just about having the right squad, tactic, and always consistently moving around. What's so difficult about that mission with 2 extra med packs on the left hand side shop and another 2 extra med packs on the right hand side shop? I got 8 med packs left by the time I arrived to that mission so that means I potentially had 12 med packs. There's one super weapon that you can use to wipe out at least 1 Brute to minimize the fight. Brutes are easily dispatched using strong powers while Banshees melt using fire-based power/bullets.

Ambitious

Is there any way to cheat in the iOS datapad app without a jailbreak? I'll likely finish ME3 today and I'm still stuck at 60-75% readiness.

Could you give me a spoiler-free hint about the point of no return? My next mission is
to hunt Kai Leng/the Illusive Man, the main quest right after Thessia.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there any way to cheat in the iOS datapad app without a jailbreak? I'll likely finish ME3 today and I'm still stuck at 60-75% readiness.

Could you give me a spoiler-free hint about the point of no return? My next mission is
to hunt Kai Leng/the Illusive Man, the main quest right after Thessia.
Hackett will flat out tell you that it's the point of no return.

Coldsnap

Man.. The unavoidable bad press about this game has really tainted my enjoyment of it. I don't read much gaming news or gaming reviews anymore, so I sort of stay in my own bubble and develop my own opinions. When I first got the game I was super stoked on it and was enjoying it a bunch. Since then the news about the ending (which is still unspoiled for me) and people voicing their disappointment with some of the way the game handle things has made me do a complete 180* while playing it. Almost to the point where I'm angry at the whole series and just want to play Mass Effect 1 over again for the 4th time. Series is like the Matrix, so much promise.

i have DS3 ,did not face the any issue.
my issue was that i used L1 button for pin point aiming.
but nooo..................
u just have to assume urself as Deadshot from batman and hit him using normal aiming.
When it clicked on me,i completed in 1 go.
with L1 the bloody recoil was too much and cross-hair took long time to aim.

Man.. The unavoidable bad press about this game has really tainted my enjoyment of it. I don't read much gaming news or gaming reviews anymore, so I sort of stay in my own bubble and develop my own opinions. When I first got the game I was super stoked on it and was enjoying it a bunch. Since then the news about the ending (which is still unspoiled for me) and people voicing their disappointment with some of the way the game handle things has made me do a complete 180* while playing it. Almost to the point where I'm angry at the whole series and just want to play Mass Effect 1 over again for the 4th time. Series is like the Matrix, so much promise.

the end was ok not that bad,as ppl said it to be.

but ya one does come to expect a LOTR type epicness,cause uptill the last 5 mins,the game has more to offer then u can ask for.

Achtius

Just finished my insanity run, the hardest part of the game is strangely
Grissom Academy
. Died at least 8 times in there =/

Maybe you guys should petition Bioware for stickier sticky aim.

got past that in insane mode with not using L1, so its ok with me.

I am just looking frwd to the extended cut with some hope that it be correct the last 5 mins and streamline with the epiness rest of the game has provided.

Some say its hopeless,but the general theme of the game is against all odds.
So here is one hoping to see some good closure.

Sec0nd

After the part
where you met up with Jack and were led to an atrium of some sort, where there are TURRETS, GRENADES, SMOKESCREEN, ATLAS, and Guardian

Also had some 'troubles' there. Died maybe 3-4 times there, not much but more then any other part in the game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
nope it the most retarded section in gaming history.

as other ppl on this thread said.
the missile section 4-5 brutes,2-3 banshees and other left overs were a breeze,but this .................

how can a game be so broken in such a section.

Because he really doesnt want you to see the ending.

Montresor

How hard is the From Ashes DLC on insanity? I'm just starting my first playthrough of the game, and it's on insanity. Should I save myself the headache and skip the DLC until after I'm done with insanity?

Dany

Banned
How hard is the From Ashes DLC on insanity? I'm just starting my first playthrough of the game, and it's on insanity. Should I save myself the headache and skip the DLC until after I'm done with insanity?

Nah, you can get through. My squad was biotic heavy so I just stasis/throw to knock the shields down and pull/throw and singularity/thorw. There is only one atlas. Grissam was worse.

Top Bottom