• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Achtius

How does First Aid work? When I use it to heal myself (when both my party members are alive), sometimes it consume medigel, sometimes it doesn't.

Keikoku

Banned
I think Javik is my favorite character in the series. Such a cold motherfucker :lol: Really sucks that he's DLC, it really feels that he was part of the game.

shuri

Banned
Man, online is RUINED. I only get matched with high ranking characters that keep spamming that bionic charge attack over and over again, most of the time they teleport so fast against mobs of ennemies that when I reach them, the fight is over.

It's incredibly annoying

Keikoku

Banned
Man, online is RUINED. I only get matched with high ranking characters that keep spamming that bionic charge attack over and over again, most of the time they teleport so fast against mobs of ennemies that when I reach them, the fight is over.

It's incredibly annoying

It's not like the multiplayer is any good. What a waste of resources...

There was a follow up to the Mass Effect 3 NPR story on NPR today.

It was hilarious and depressing hearing the tone of the reporters voice. He very clearly did not want to be doing a story on video games, and yet he really wanted to do it well.

What a waste of resources...

Different studio.

Dany

Banned
How does First Aid work? When I use it to heal myself (when both my party members are alive), sometimes it consume medigel, sometimes it doesn't.

I think to revive and to heall yourself it costs a medigel. If you hover over a down person you can revive them without consuming a medigel pack.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
There was a follow up to the Mass Effect 3 NPR story on NPR today.

It was hilarious and depressing hearing the tone of the reporters voice. He very clearly did not want to be doing a story on video games, and yet he really wanted to do it well.
Do you have a link to this?

Ambitious

Any easy way to earn credits or is it impossible to get all the spectre equipment in one play through?

I do not know yet, but it seems to me it's not possible: I didn't buy many weapons/upgrades, just a few (and gimmicks like fish and ships). I'm not far from the ending (at least I think so) and I've got about 420.000 credits. If I recall correctly the spectre weapons are about 200k each?

edit: I did every single sidequest I could find and searched every mission location for loot.

Nitsuj23

After just beating ME2 I immediately started ME3. I like the shooting mechanics more, it feels a lot smoother.

But does anyone else think the mission organization is much worse than in the previous one? I can't click a mission for a more detailed explanation on what to do. I'm lost in the citadel trying to do two missions I have here. It's really kind of frustrating. Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong.

Fjordson

After just beating ME2 I immediately started ME3. I like the shooting mechanics more, it feels a lot smoother.

But does anyone else think the mission organization is much worse than in the previous one? I can't click a mission for a more detailed explanation on what to do. I'm lost in the citadel trying to do two missions I have here. It's really kind of frustrating. Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong.
The quest log is pretty horrendous. Just have to try and remember what you've done for who on the citadel.

Every time I went there I just brought up the map and flipped through the different areas. If you see a name on there that isn't part of your immediate crew then you've probably got something to hand in to them.

RZI

The gameplay in this is the most fun in the series. But I think that even though the combat is fun in this, it's still too combat-heavy.

Mass Effect 3's Tuchanka was probably my favourite part in the series.

Is it possible to get a refund on this turd from EA or Bioware? I can't even get my character from ME2 imported and I have no intention to make a new character for Mass Effect 3. It just wouldn't be the same. It ironic that Bioware has talked so much about how the actions affect the world and I can't even import my dude to Mass Effect 3. I'm so fucking mad.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is it possible to get a refund on this turd from EA or Bioware? I can't even get my character from ME2 imported and I have no intention to make a new character for Mass Effect 3. It just wouldn't be the same. It ironic that Bioware has talked so much about how the actions affect the world and I can't even import my dude to Mass Effect 3. I'm so fucking mad.

I think there's a patch coming for that soon.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/4/7/2933178/mass-effect-3-patch-face-import-bug

If you're on Xbox 360 you have to move your ME2 save off of cloud storage.

Didn't have it on cloud storage. Never even used it. Apparently I have to have my save file on the original harddrive that I used to play ME1 on. That was a jetplane sounding Xbox 360 that I sold years ago...

Dany

Banned
Didn't have it on cloud storage. Never even used it. Apparently I have to have my save file on the original harddrive that I used to play ME1 on. That was a jetplane sounding Xbox 360 that I sold years ago...

You didn't play ME2 on your new harddrive?

I heard of the issue before the game came out but I havn't come across anyone who actually had this issue.

Weird. I changed my hard drive twice in the time ME1-3 all came out and it wasn't an issue for me. Though they were all attached to the same Xbox and I used the transfer kit that comes with a new hard drive.

Can you maybe somehow make a new import file without finishing Mass Effect 2? I really don't feel like playing the game again.

You can get your face code from ME2 and then reconstruct a save file using a PC save editing tool I guess. I don't know anything more specific, sure someone here does.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Can you maybe somehow make a new import file without finishing Mass Effect 2? I really don't feel like playing the game again.
Maybe you can start ME2, load your save, and save it again in a different slot?

I played it on PC, but if you have a friend or something with a 360, can you try to copy your save files to a USB and use their 360 with ME3 to see if it'll import on theirs?

Man I can't wait to get to the ending. Having seen my fair share of weird endings in Japanese animation, I wonder if it can get even weirder than the classics.

Maybe you can start ME2, load your save, and save it again in a different slot?

I played it on PC, but if you have a friend or something with a 360, can you try to copy your save files to a USB and use their 360 with ME3 to see if it'll import on theirs?

I could, but I won't go through the trouble. I'm never ever buying a Bioware product again. It wouldn't surprise me if it is because I haven't played ALL the DLC from ME2 that I can't import the file.

Replaying parts of ME2 now and holy shit at these controls.

Because unlike the last battle, the gazillion of marauders and banshees doesn't require *absolute* stillness and precision, which is almost impossible using controller ESPECIALLY under the strict amount of time + shaky POV imposed by that section. You can compensate for the trembling by reducing the camera sensitivity but you still have to manually tilt the controller carefully so that you still aim at the Marauder's body/head while continue pumping him with barrage of bullets. The minute you miss just ONE aim, you're dead.

That part took two tries. Part before that with the banshees was bullshit.
I'm also mad because I got Unwavering, but not Insanity...which I don't see how that's possible, I only have 1 playthrough on Insanity.

Replicant

That part took two tries. Part before that with the banshees was bullshit.
I'm also mad because I got Unwavering, but not Insanity...which I don't see how that's possible, I only have 1 playthrough on Insanity.
Maybe you lowered down the difficulty on the last one, which is why you passed so easily. :p

But me, I stuck with it all the way through and go those sweet Insanity and Unwavering trophies. And after last night's game, Veteran and Platinum are now in the bag too. :p

soldat7

Taking a quick study break and firing up ME3 for the first time....
...Why the crap can't I import my ME character face? Are you kidding me? Is there a way around this? (XBOX)

Edit: just read the OP. Freaking BioWare. One of the biggest promises, years in the making, blown. I can't believe how inept that studio has become.

Edit 2: looks like a patch is imminent. Phew.

Taking a quick study break and firing up ME3 for the first time....
...Why the crap can't I import my ME character face? Are you kidding me? Is there a way around this? (XBOX)

Edit: just read the OP. Freaking BioWare. One of the biggest promises, years in the making, blown. I can't believe how inept that studio has become.

The upcoming patch will fix the face import glitch. It's due to come out on April 10th for 360.

Maybe you lowered down the difficulty on the last one, which is why you passed so easily. :p

But me, I stuck with it all the way through and go those sweet Insanity and Unwavering trophies. And after last night's game, Veteran and Platinum are now in the bag too. :p

Yea right. The two Banshees prior to that raped me quite a few times. I don't see how you get one and not the other, but whatever. I'll give it a few days and maybe I"ll do it over.

I have like 100 or so to go for Veteran.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just beat the game and I want to see the other endings (damn thing won't let you save). Do the other endings give you different achievements or should I not bother doing the excruciatingly long ending sequence and just youtube?

Khal_B

Just beat the game and I want to see the other endings (damn thing won't let you save). Do the other endings give you different achievements or should I not bother doing the excruciatingly long ending sequence and just youtube?

YouTube it. You'll thank me later.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Pat Weekes is the deadliest SOB in Space, as quoted from someone in the Bioware forum.

"This, recruits, is a 20 kilo PR speak. Feel the weight! Every five seconds the main gun of an Electronic Arts-class dreadnought accelerates it 1 to 1.3 percent of light speed."
"It impacts with the force of a 38 kiloton DLC. That is three times the yield of the ending of Fallout 3 dropped by Bethesda, back on Earth.That means, Sir Patrick Weekes is the deadliest SOB in Space!"
"Now serviceman Hudson, what is Weekes first law?"
"Sir, an honest statement calms the fanbase, sir!"
"No credit for partial answers, maggot!"
"Sir, unless acted on by corporate speak sir!"
"Damn straight! I dare to assume you ignorant jackasses know that the internet is empty! Once you fire this corporate BS,it keeps going till it hits something! It could be twitter, or the BSN fans behind that twitter. It may go off in the deep internet and hit EA's stock values by 10.000 points."
"That is why we peer-review the endings. That is why we wait for the team writers to give us a damn ending solution! That is why, serviceman Walters, we do not "eyeball" the endings! You are not Isaac Asimov shooting from the hip!"
"Sir yes sir!"

Pat Weekes is the deadliest SOB in Space, as quoted from someone in the Bioware forum.

"This, recruits, is a 20 kilo PR speak. Feel the weight! Every five seconds the main gun of an Electronic Arts-class dreadnought accelerates it 1 to 1.3 percent of light speed."
"It impacts with the force of a 38 kiloton DLC. That is three times the yield of the ending of Fallout 3 dropped by Bethesda, back on Earth.That means, Sir Patrick Weekes is the deadliest SOB in Space!"
"Now serviceman Hudson, what is Weekes first law?"
"Sir, an honest statement calms the fanbase, sir!"
"No credit for partial answers, maggot!"
"Sir, unless acted on by corporate speak sir!"
"Damn straight! I dare to assume you ignorant jackasses know that the internet is empty! Once you fire this corporate BS,it keeps going till it hits something! It could be twitter, or the BSN fans behind that twitter. It may go off in the deep internet and hit EA's stock values by 10.000 points."
"That is why we peer-review the endings. That is why we wait for the team writers to give us a damn ending solution! That is why, serviceman Walters, we do not "eyeball" the endings! You are not Isaac Asimov shooting from the hip!"
"Sir yes sir!"

hc6u4gjixn.gif

Arjen

How important is the readiness of allied forces for the ending ? Is there a certain percentage that affects it ? Thanks.

It works like this, multiply your War Assests with your readiness.
So if you have 6000 war assests and 50% readiness, your EMS (effective milliary strength) is 3000. You need 4000 or 5000 for the "best" ending.
And when i say 'best' i mean, don't worry about the number at all. Becasue it is really insignificant in the outcome

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Finally beat it this weekend and tbh, I didn't mind the ending at all. Sure it was in no way a "good" ending, but the amount of complaining and whinging about it just strikes me as completely silly.

Overall, I enjoyed the game much more than 2, probably tied with 1.

Liked:
-actually getting to "solve" lots of the problems that effected the galaxy over the aeons
-battlefields were a bit less corridor-like than ME2
-music was a big improvement over 2
-multiplayer, although there's not much to it, was a fun diversion

Disliked:
-James Vega, such a useless waste of a character
-lots of lockups when I played (I installed both disks on 360), and of course the bugged Hanar Diplomat quest
-only one hubworld
-how you had to access different consoles to change armor/modify weapons
-quest list, terribly implemented - doesn't log updates as you do the missions and always resets cursor position to the middle of the list instead of the top
-thought there could have been a few more "natural" environments/planets
-game was extremely linear, both in terms of missions and the mission environments
-sidequests (aside from N7 and stuff like From Ashes/Grissom Academy) were really stupid
-day 1 DLC
-evading the Reapers on the galaxy map while you scan
-final area
really drab, post-apocalyptic London? looks like every single generic dudebro shooter environment ever...
-ending

What character you're playing as? And which team mates you're bringing with you?

Infiltrator. The time I got past it I brought Garrus and EDI.
Prior to that, Liara and James (didn't work).

I can get past it again, but I'll need a few days more, I've started replaying ME2 and am about 1/2 through.

Side note, going back to the mechanics of 2 is really hard. And I forgot how fucking tedious That One Sidequest was.

Top Bottom