• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Most people who go with the indoctrination theory realize and accept it's just a way of explaining a terrible ending.

Pretty much this. The evidence for Bioware's corner-cutting is apparent enough at this stage; indoctrination theory is just my head-canon because it at least makes the ending less blatantly stupid, even if everything ends on a cliff-hanger as a consequence.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The outcome is that the reapers leave, everyone's stuck on Sol, and the rest of the galaxy is left to fend for itself. I don't think that's nonsense, but a bit depressing. Oh, and Joker and your crew made it to some other planet.

It's not depressing. It's silly. Again, I would not play a game that had this as a setting, as it's unappealing to me... and the setup for this to happen does not logically follow.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
It's not depressing. It's silly. Again, I would not play a game that had this as a setting, as it's unappealing to me... and the setup for this to happen does not logically follow.
It's depressing because everyone can starve to death, but it is a silly conclusion to a trilogy.

I think the dark age situation is interesting.

sTeLioSco

Banned
I really hope that info is full of BS. That sounds even more terrible than what we already have...

7TALh.jpg

looks fake.
we wont be meeting murmur the reaper afterall lol....

- J - D -

Mass Shift sounds like a morbidly obese guy rolling over and subsequently falling out of his xtra-wide chair after being flabbergasted by the shittiness of Mass Effect 3's ending.

Digoman

Mass Shift is just way to easy to make fun of... just take out the letter "f"... way to obvious.

99.9% it's fake, but then again, if someone said to me before the leaks, that in the ending of ME3 a god-like creature in the form of a child appears, and says the function of the reapers is to prevent synthetics from killing all organics, by killing some organics, and then proceed to convert the entire galaxy into hybrids, including Joker's hat, I would also said it was a just a troll.

Zeliard

I still think my idea was better:

Zeliard said:
The next Mass Effect should be a space combat prequel where you play as Harbinger, and go around the galaxy terrorizing lesser creatures, colonizing planets and creating more Reapers. Sovereign is a potential squad mate, and a rather witty and sarcastic one. The Garrus of Reapers.

Demon Ice

Banned
That guy's points are shit. Indoctrination theory is still the best theory going.

No, Indoctrination theory is desperately wishful thinking.

Indoctrination theory has points like "Oh, Shepard's injuries are clearly inconsistent, he got shot in one arm and is holding the other one, etc., the pistol has infinite ammo"

When has Bioware EVER shown that much attention to detail?

It's a sloppy and rushed ending. That's it. Stop trying to find meaning where there is none. The indoctrination theory is so far above the talents of Bioware's writers it's not even funny.

Jarmel

Banned
I could actually see a lot of the Mass Shift stuff being accurate. How do you top a top-of-the-line starship? By giving the player the most badass starship in the game's universe. It' so obvious in a "I'm Walters-level retarded" that it makes sense. Also for the volus villain, I remember there were theories after ME1 that the Shadow Broker might have been volus. The space combat is an obvious direction that Bioware might want to go down. The thing about EDI being inside Catalyst Shepard ties into Bioware's shitty morality system in that Renegade is the Catalyst and Paragon is EDI.

The Elcor and Hanar squadmates is the biggest wtf as I'm not sure how that could work.

Question: What the hell is a synthetic, really. Would artificial beings created only from biological components be synthetics? Like Dr. Moreau's creations?

Well that would be synthetic life I guess technically.

But in Mass Effect "synthetic intelligence" is the politically correct way to say "artificial intelligence". So "synthetics" means AIs.

that really sounded all kind of horrible, and it makes destroy ending canon. So basically Shepard remains a dumbass, even in death. Oh yeah, and how the hell would Joker and friends get back to urf and all...

Good use of the same elements to make a counter-indoc theory though. Impressive troll.

rozay

Banned
I could actually see a lot of the Mass Shift stuff being accurate. How do you top a top-of-the-line starship? By giving the player the most badass starship in the game's universe. It' so obvious in a "I'm Walters-level retarded" that it makes sense. Also for the volus villain, I remember there were theories after ME1 that the Shadow Broker might have been volus. The space combat is an obvious direction that Bioware might want to go down. The thing about EDI being inside Catalyst Shepard ties into Bioware's shitty morality system in that Renegade is the Catalyst and Paragon is EDI.

The Elcor and Hanar squadmates is the biggest wtf as I'm not sure how that could work.
there aren't nearly enough humans in the plot or your squad for it to be real though

Zeliard

The Elcor sport devastating firearms on their massive backs. They just walk around shooting the hell out of everything.

Re: Shepard's wound on his left side, I pointed out before that you can see him hold his left side twice before he shoots Anderson.

I mean sometimes you're just looking for things that aren't there.

Zeliard

That's actually true Mass Effect lore for anyone who thinks I'm kidding and missed that Elcor conversation, when you ask them how exactly they fight. They strap firearms on their backs and obliterate fools.

just finished the game, chose the illusive man's ending... and i thought it was excellent! a great way to end the series. how come people have been complaining :D

proper ending and a sacrifice to end the war? good stuff!

8bit

Knows the Score
Sooo, just finished it and kind of enjoyed the ending. Where do I sign up to rage and is there a primer?

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat it... ugh at the VERY LEAST I would've liked to have some closure with each character / race. Even a trite "here's what they are doing in 10 years" type deal.

But this... what the fuck. A space boy and your crew stranded on earth 2? what the fuck.

just finished the game, chose the illusive man's ending... and i thought it was excellent! a great way to end the series. how come people have been complaining :D

oh boy

Edit; 3 people beating it in a row? da fuck?

Derrick01

Banned

It wasn't a proper ending though, way too many plot holes and loose ends.

Ehh...why am I bothering? I've been here a long time and have been over this too many times lol

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
I actually dug the ending, but my game had a really horrid narrative glitch.

I saved the Geth, after romancing Tali (again) and watched her kill herself. Then, before the epic final battle, TALI shows up for some per-armaggeddon nookie, despite the fact my decisions killed her earlier on.

Bad glitch or some kind of fucked up imagineering on Shepard's part? Like MacGruber in the graveyard?

Also, Buzz Aldrin was a nice touch.

Guesong

It wasn't a proper ending though, way too many plot holes and loose ends.

Ehh...why am I bothering? I've been here a long time and have been over this too many times lol

You'd think that with this being the second spoiler thread while the main game is still on his first OT, people would try reading beforehand before asking that damn question.

I saved the Geth, after romancing Tali (again) and watched her kill herself. Then, before the epic final battle, TALI shows up for some per-armaggeddon nookie, despite the fact my decisions killed her earlier on.

Bad glitch or some kind of fucked up imagineering on Shepard's part? Like MacGruber in the graveyard?

I've heard that's been happening a lot, if you romanced Tali and sided with the Geth, she'll sitll show up in your cabin later...... really creepy.

I would rather have a cliffhanger than the clusterfuck of a literal interpretation.

Cliffhangers are shit if they come at the end of a trilogy

Keep thinking about it.

Just beat it... ugh at the VERY LEAST I would've liked to have some closure with each character / race. Even a trite "here's what they are doing in 10 years" type deal.

But this... what the fuck. A space boy and your crew stranded on earth 2? what the fuck.
Welcome to the Garden of Madness

Rapstah

Buzz Aldrin was disrespectful to the guy. He's not an actor, which is audible in his line/s, and his appearance serves no symbolic meaning other than "hey bros, we got this cool old astronaut pioneer to act in our cool arty ending".

DTKT

Buzz Aldrin was disrespectful to the guy. He's not an actor, which is audible in his line/s, and his appearance serves no symbolic meaning other than "hey bros, we got this cool old astronaut pioneer to act in our cool arty ending".

i'M SURE HES A GREAT ASTRONAUT.

But hes a terrible voice actor.

Rufus

Not to mention that it's their DLC hook. (And a way of disowning everything that happens should they chose to.)

That is amazing.
It's even better than ME2's random 'mission', so the crew can get abducted. "We're going on a mission now. All of us. In this tiny shuttle. Be right back!" That was intentional (it's especially jarring if you have no missions left at that point), but a ghost lay still beats it.

Guesong

I'm about to sound like a broken record here...

But seriously. How did you not manage to save both races. Especially since you romanced Tali in ME2, and thus I assume you had an imported save. Did you not exonerate her in ME2? Did you not settle all conflicts in ME2? Did you not do the sidequests before the Rannoch mission in ME3?

I swear that Geth/Quarian thing is going down as my empirical proof that people really do rush games even with no reason to.

(No offense meant toward you, by the way. I just find it really baffling.)

Carbonox

Finished the game for a second time on Insanity. Chose the Reaper ending this time. Fucking hilarious how everyone cheers once the Reapers take off from Earth. It makes no sense whatsoever for them to do so. Like, they see them fly off and they instantly know that it's because Shepard has sacrificed himself to take control and summon them off Earth? For all we know the Reapers could have just went off to do something else on the planet but oh no the war is won and the galaxy is saved because they flew off.

:lol

"You know where you are?
You're down in the jungle baby, you're gonna dieee
In the jungle welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your knees, knees"

Top Bottom