• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Finished the game for a second time on Insanity. Chose the Reaper ending this time. Fucking hilarious how everyone cheers once the Reapers take off from Earth. It makes no sense whatsoever for them to do so. Like, they see them fly off and they instantly know that it's because Shepard has sacrificed himself to take control and summon them off Earth? For all we know the Reapers could have just went off to do something else on the planet but oh no the war is won and the galaxy is saved because they flew off.

:lol
I call that the Poochie Ending.

"I must go now. My planet needs me."

Tokubetsu

If you liked the ending and want to keep enjoying it, just don't ever think about it ever again. Seriously. Don't. Don't try to apply any logic or reasoning. Just go with it. Leave this thread fast.

MILLIONS OF YEARS AFTER YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE ENDING HAS BEEN ERADICATED, AND FORGOTTEN, WE WILL ENDURE. WE IMPOSE ORDER ON THE CHAOS OF MAC "SPACE MAGIC" WALTER'S ENDING.

Rapstah

Does anyone have a video of that? Photoshoping a picture of Poochie on it would be cool.

Just having the shitty placeholder film leave the screen in the same way as in the episode would do lots.

tumblr_lzhwhwFWwn1qf2okgo1_400.gif

NOTE: THE REAPERS DIED ON THE WAY BACK TO THEIR DARK SPACE

"Sorry for cheating on you and getting another woman pregnant while you were rotting in jail, Shepard. I hope naming my firstborn after you will help smooth things over."

Especially since it was only 6 months.

So in 6 months, Jacob leaves Shepard, escapes Cerberus finds someone else, and then decides to have a kid with her?

lol, alright

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
If you liked the ending and want to keep enjoying it, just don't ever think about it ever again. Seriously. Don't. Don't try to apply any logic or reasoning. Just go with it. Leave this thread fast.

MILLIONS OF YEARS AFTER YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE ENDING HAS BEEN ERADICATED, AND FORGOTTEN, WE WILL ENDURE. WE IMPOSE ORDER ON THE CHAOS OF MAC "SPACE MAGIC" WALTER'S ENDING.

Bioware will fix the ending because we demand it.

Zeliard

Bioware's ending "fix" will probably be limited to something like The New Man in Charge from Lost. Hope people aren't expecting much more than that, lol. Actually I hope they are, since the reaction will just be funny.

alerus

Neo Member
Bioware's ending "fix" will probably be limited to something like The New Man in Charge from Lost. Hope people aren't expecting much more than that, lol. Actually I hope they are, since the reaction will just be funny.

As soon as they said it will be "clarification" instead of a change, I prepared myself for massive disappointment. It means they don't really understand the problem.

hateradio said:
Someone recently bumped the DA2 spoiler thread, and it only had three pages. I guess people didn't even care.
So many people called DA2 being bad from the start that, while disappointed, they generally weren’t caught off guard by it being crap.
HadesGigas said:
Well I doubt he "decided" to have a kid...
He outright says it was unplanned, if I remember correctly.

I actually dug the ending, but my game had a really horrid narrative glitch.

I saved the Geth, after romancing Tali (again) and watched her kill herself. Then, before the epic final battle, TALI shows up for some per-armaggeddon nookie, despite the fact my decisions killed her earlier on.

Bad glitch or some kind of fucked up imagineering on Shepard's part? Like MacGruber in the graveyard?

Also, Buzz Aldrin was a nice touch.

That's amazing.

Reminds me of that glitch in ME2 where Miranda could be carried away by seeker swarms and appear in the next scene moments later.

Except better.

I love how condescending he is to organics as worthless and that their future is empty, but in the end of ME3, no, no, they don't hate organics! Actually, they see themselves as the great defenders of organics who will immortalize organics by harvesting and uplifting them! Really, they're actually the good guys and love organics above synthetics!

They should write it something like this.
They cull the galaxy every 50k years to find a species capable of great mutations to make it into their own. But the reason for it is to improve their coding aka something like genetic algorithms.Sadly haven't gotten genetic code yet as a topic in my CS course. So i won't try to explain or research it yet, too busy with finishing up stupid rush hour solver program.

You could work the dark matter stuff into it as well.
Organic life is a mutation a chance that happens so if a species is adaptable enough that reapers find them fit.
They will make them a reaper and hope that with their genetic code they will find a algorithm that can provide a solution for the dark energy/matter problem

I love how condescending he is to organics as worthless and that their future is empty, but in the end of ME3, no, no, they don't hate organics! Actually, they see themselves as the great defenders of organics who will immortalize organics by harvesting and uplifting them! Really, they're actually the good guys and love organics above synthetics!

Reapers should never half talked, it would be so much more effecting if they were just like Bees, doing very complex things by instinct with no consideration given to morality.

Can someone explain how exactly TIM 'notified' the Reapers about the Citadel? How did he alone manage to stay alive on the Citadel when it's pretty clear that all the 11 million people on there were killed? How did he know the way to the unexplained Crucible Control Dias?

In ME1, Sovereign tells us that the Reapers use the Citadel to arrive in the galaxy each time they decide to end a 'cycle', and he goes there, indicating that every damn Reaper out there can make his way to it if need be. If it is so important to their conquest of Earth, why didn't they bring it there at the start? Since they have so much power over the Citadel, and it's clearly extremely important to the species they're trying to conquer, why didn't they 'turn it off' as soon as they arrived?

Can someone explain how exactly TIM 'notified' the Reapers about the Citadel? How did he alone manage to stay alive on the Citadel when it's pretty clear that all the 11 million people on there were killed? How did he know the way to the unexplained Crucible Control Dias?

He looked under R of the Yellow pages.

Zeliard

Reapers should never half talked, it would be so much more effecting if they were just like Bees, doing very complex things by instinct with no consideration given to morality.

If they were going to be Lovecraftian they should have been true Lovecraftian. Non-discernable and maddeningly impossible to comprehend. Not flying squids with deep voices.

So Hackett was debriefing me and then he randomly mentioned my mom.

I was like " wat "

and Shepard went : " oh ? "

I guess she was as surprised as me by this random mention of my mom, for the first time in 3 games

DarkKyo

just finished the game, chose the illusive man's ending... and i thought it was excellent! a great way to end the series. how come people have been complaining :D

proper ending and a sacrifice to end the war? good stuff!

I enjoyed it too but be warned: most everyone here is gonna try to convince you that your opinion is wrong.

Edit: Also the thing with Tali dying yet coming back for the romance scene towards the end happened to me too. It must be a pretty common glitch then...

If you're a spacer, your mom is a captain in the Alliance Navy. You speak with her via comm during a mission in ME1 and get an email from her in ME2.

rozay

Banned

I was like " wat "

I guess she was as surprised as me by this random mention of my mom, for the first time in 3 games
there's a plotline regarding your mom if you were a spacer in ME1 I think.

sTeLioSco

Banned
I enjoyed it too but be warned: most everyone here is gonna try to convince you that your opinion is wrong.

Edit: Also the thing with Tali dying yet coming back for the romance scene towards the end happened to me too. It must be a pretty common glitch then...

noone said that 100% of those who finished it hated it......

its 95%.

TheYanger

I was like " wat "

Only happens if you're a spacer, and if you're a spacer she's in the first one as well. So...no, not random.

But your opinion is wrong. :p

Derrick01

Banned

No one can tell anyone that they're wrong for liking the ending.

But if they say it was a good ending then we have entire spreadsheets that says that's incorrect.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Yeah, which is why I didn't say everyone.. lol

and its not extraordinary of customers/viewers/readers/gamers etc not to like the handling of the final act of a story....

someone should write a wiki "the ending of mass effect" btw

The End of Evangelion

They can be considered as either a "replacement" or a more detailed, "real world" account of the final two episodes of the popular animated series Neon Genesis Evangelion, which takes place almost completely in the minds of the main characters (an "experimental approach" the Red Cross Book explains as mainly driven by time and budget restraints).

Production

The ambiguous meaning of the TV series' ending left many viewers and critics confused and unsatisfied.The final two episodes were possibly the most controversial segments of an already controversial series and were received as flawed and incomplete by many. However, Anno and assistant director Kazuya Tsurumaki defended the artistic integrity of the finale.

It has been debated whether The End of Evangelion is intended to enlarge and retell episodes 25 and 26 or to completely replace the TV ending with a different one. Some believe that The End of Evangelion is an alternate ending to the series, perhaps created to please those fans who were displeased with the TV series' ending. Tsurumaki said he felt the series was complete as it was.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_of_Evangelion

People who romanced Tali let her die on Rannoch? She should've taken your Shep with her/Game Over....lol

On another topic, I started up a quick Action mode game to see what happens with that, and I already have over 7000 assets in the war room from the get go. Carryover from my previous game? Gives a good excuse to rifle through the game (I'm just seeing what things "default" to while building towards 5000 kills).

Mix of old faces and unwelcome faces. Mordin here, but Wreav there. And without Jack those Grissom kids are a mess.

DarkKyo

People who romanced Tali let her die on Rannoch? She should've taken your Shep with her/Game Over....lol

It was a super hard decision but given the circumstances that lead the Geth and the Quarians to this point and the fact that the Quarians were being massive dicks while all the Geth wanted was peace... I just couldn't let the Geth be destroyed. They are the superior race.

It was a super hard decision but given the circumstances that lead the Geth and the Quarians to this point and the fact that the Quarians were being massive dicks while all the Geth wanted was peace... I just couldn't let the Geth be destroyed. They are the superior race.

But they will want to kill you eventually or least the Catalyst says so.

DTKT

You can save them both. I'm not called Space Jesus for no reason!

Top Bottom