• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Heh.

The real issue with Kai Leng is that he comes out of fuckin nowhere. No introduction no background, no conversations. If he was an actual "character" and not just a walkin stereotype, then he would be mildly interesting.

He doesn't belong in ME3.

He came out of Retribution.

When he was actually a decent character.

Robot Pants

(12 pages too late)
I really felt my Topic Title was better.
I'm consulting amazon about a refund for this thread.
I'm also entitled.

Actually a big point of mass effect is that humans ARE as military powerful. They came out of nowhere and were about to have a possibly devastating war with the Turians. Since the Turians wer THE military force of the Citadel space, that says a lot for Human's military power.

Plus humans got their embasy and soon after a council because their military was so impressive.

Okay fair enough I just want some enemy variety in terms of gameplay and plot c'mon now

Patryn

Sucks she only had a cameo

And whats even worse BioWare inserted a couple of uninteresting characters and sidelined almost the entire ME2 squad

Sidelined all the but the important ME1 cast, you mean.

Screw those ME2 wannabes.

Well, except Zaeed. He was boss.

(12 pages too late)
I really felt my Topic Title was better.
I'm consulting amazon about a refund for this thread.
I'm also entitled.

Do you have your receipt? I can't give you a refund without a receipt.

K' Dash

You can tell Bioware really challenged themselves with Vega. "How do we make a NEW character whose roll is basically already filled by Kaiden/Ashley?" "I know, let's make a meathead who comes up with the dumbest, and most simple nicknames for everyone he meets!" "Brilliant!"

The talk with Javik justified his existence, Javik was a cold motherfucker and seing those two talk about trivial shit was funny.

In case anyone missed it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KEgnXMsp3Q

Zaeed is number 3 favorite ME squad member:

1.) Garrus
2.) Wrex
3.) Zaeed
4.) Liara
5.) Kasumi

Pretty close to mine. Garrus is my bro, Wrex is my other bro, Miranda's my waifu, and Zaeed's my bro after the ho. Liara only got awesome in ME3, imo.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I think I used Zaeed for a while before I got more people later on. In the end of ME2 I used Thane and Samara/Jack the most.

K' Dash

Garrus is everybody's Bro.

male_shepard_x__garrus_by_a_zeldafan95-d36a8wg.jpg

Jhoan

Did someone say Marauder Shields? I've been laughing at the Marauder Shields stuff all day. This is the best thing to come out of Mass Effect 3.

Oh and Jack is definitely awesome in this game. She definitely improved dramatically. It did make me wish I went after her in ME2. Oh well, Liara was great in this game so I was glad I stay with her. That epic make out scene in London was something to remember. Meme or otherwise. I have to say though Garrus is tear-jerkingly awesome as a bro. I love Garrus in this game. The scene with him at The Citadel almost made me choke up a bit. Plus Mordin is a boss hands down even though it sucks that he died.

Sotha Sil

the real question is how did grandpa know about what happened on the citadel at all.
That's religion for you. People see something blow up in the sky, and they make up a story about it. ME3 is but a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Okay fair enough I just want some enemy variety in terms of gameplay and plot c'mon now

Yeah, I understand. What really bugs me though is that Cerberus kept messing shit up, but there was never any backlash from other races blaming all humans for Cerberus's actions. Even the human councilor was on their side, nobody seemed to be pissed at the humans. Not that I like intolerance, but Turians are still pissed at the first contact war, and the codex always talks that other species are resentful that humans got a councilor so fast. You'd think there'd be more anger.

Did someone say Marauder Shields? I've been laughing at the Marauder Shields stuff all day. This is the best thing to come out of Mass Effect 3.

Oh and Jack is definitely awesome in this game. She definitely improved dramatically. It did make me wish I went after her in ME2. Oh well, Liara was great in this game so I was glad I stay with her. That epic make out scene in London was something to remember. Meme or otherwise.

The comments are killing me:

"He was our last hope to not have to see the ending"

"So, we’ll hate him, because he can take it. Because he’s not our hero. He’s a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Marauder Shields."

This really is the best thing to come out of this game. Hilarious.

Yeah, I understand. What really bugs me though is that Cerberus kept messing shit up, but there was never any backlash from other races blaming all humans for Cerberus's actions. Even the human councilor was on their side, nobody seemed to be pissed at the humans. Not that I like intolerance, but Turians are still pissed at the first contact war, and the codex always talks that other species are resentful that humans got a councilor so fast. You'd think there'd be more anger.

Especially in the Renegade ending to ME 1 which is like, "Welp three politicians died all hail the humans let's make them the dominant force in our galactic government even though our homeworlds were completely untouched."

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Jack is so improved in this game it makes me want to go back to ME2 and romance.

I thought they expanded nicely on a lot of the ME2 characters in ME3, but it was a pity they were all sidelined so much.

Besides jacob of course, they managed to make the most boring squad mate of ME2 even more boring when we come across him again, but at least he never tried to give Shepard some stupid ass nicknames.

Though saying that the adventures of Jacob in the six or so months after ME2 to ME3 were to find a woman in distress, save her and then get her prego, good work Jacob.

Omega

Banned
I just realized...with the ending of mass effect 3...was all of mass effect 2's story just rendered completely irrelevant? I mean, why even do all the shit with Cerberus if TIM went out like a bitch anyway? All reaper stuff in me2 couldve been in me3 or got stuffed into me1.

Everything in ME2 was pointless. It was the worst game I've ever played.

Mediocre combat. No story whatsoever, pretty much no character development.

The only good it did was bring Grunt, Mordin and Thane. Legion is cool but you only have him for like 4 minutes so I don't count him.

You're given the option to blow up the Collector base or keep it because it contains Reaper technology. What does that decision ultimately do? Changes the planet that is behind TIM to blue or red, for a few seconds because it's back to it's normal state in ME3.

ZOMG. SO EPIC. THANKS BIOWARE.

Galactic Fork

Funnily enough, number 6 is Javik.

Which means that 3 of my top 6 squad members are DLC characters.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

Are you getting headaches? hearing a strange humming? Do you have memories that aren't your own?

Jhoan

The comments are killing me:

"He was our last hope to not have to see the ending"

"So, we’ll hate him, because he can take it. Because he’s not our hero. He’s a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Marauder Shields."

This really is the best thing to come out of this game. Hilarious.

Yeah, definitely. Marauder Shields died for our sins and for the Reapers' sins. It took me several tries to kill that SOB on Hardcore but he died like a boss in true ME fashion.

The only good it did was bring Grunt, Mordin and Thane. Legion is cool but you only have him for like 4 minutes so I don't count him.

You're given the option to blow up the Collector base or keep it because it contains Reaper technology. What does that decision ultimately do? Changes the planet that is behind TIM to blue or red, for a few seconds because it's back to it's normal state in ME3.

I have no idea how you can call that combat mediocre having played Mass Effect 1. Some of the most unsatisfying, awkward gameplay I've ever had to experience in a video game. It wasn't even worth trudging through that to see the game through. Mass Effect 2 I could at least finish.

I figured grandpa was Joker, solely based on the fact that the twin planets in the sky looked exactly like the ones from the planet they landed on.

Probably sad that the first thing I thought when I saw the kid was "THAT BETTER NOT BE TALI'S" I swear I will get revenge as soon as I find a way out of this rubble.

J-Rod

Is vega really that bad? I avoided him because he seemed like a moist dudebro and because he seemed pissed for the whole game after I told him his nickname was stupid. However, he seemed relatively sane in the parts you were forced to interact with him in and awesome in that exchange with Javik. By the end, I thought Javik was the dumbass meathead character all along.

Patryn

I have no idea how you can call that combat mediocre having played Mass Effect 1. Some of the most unsatisfying, awkward gameplay I've ever had to experience in a video game. It wasn't even worth trudging through that to see the game through. Mass Effect 2 I could at least finish.

ME1 combat was more tactical, because you could really combine powers in a crazy way. Global cooldown killed that.

I'd be curious to see what classes people play and which combat systems they like. I bet Adepts/Engineers would lean towards ME1 while Soldiers would lean towards ME3.

Galactic Fork

Is vega really that bad? I avoided him because he seemed like a moist dudebro and because he seemed pissed for the whole game after I told him his nickname was stupid. However, he seemed relatively sane in the parts you were forced to interact with him in and awesome in that exchange with Javik. By the end, I thought Javik was the dumbass meathead character all along.

I actually liked Vega. Much more than I thought I would. His pissing contest with Garrus was gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSyAFlTjWo4

Zomba13

Waiter: "Sir, you have been to our fine restaurant before, no?"

Patron: "Yes I have, twice actually. The first time was fantastic and the second was perfect except for the desert which I found to be out of place with your restaurants usual menu, which I have grown to love."

Waiter: "I am so sorry for that sir. Though I can personally guarantee that tonight your experience will be unforgettable. As a matter of fact, why don't you tell me what you ordered during your first two visits, and I will have the chef prepare something that reflects and complements your prior visits, resulting in a dining experience that is unique to you! Tomorrow you will not be able to tell your friends I had desert A, B, or C. It will be a unique reflection of your personal experiences with our fine establishment thus far. How does that sound?"

Patron: "That sounds fantastic. You know, I have heard about this feature in your advertisements, and to be honest; that is one of the main reasons I decided to come that first time, and then have returned twice now. I am very much looking forward to this unique conclusion."

*in the interests of time*

Patron: "What the fuck? I'm sitting here finishing my shockingly bad Green pudding as it seemed like the best choice out of the THREE you offered, and I'm thinking, 'Hey, maybe I just chose the wrong option. Those other two deserts must have been so much better'. And low and behold I look at that table and he is choking down the exact same shitty desert, just with a different food coloring on it! And that lady over there has a different color, and oh, whats this? Her spoon fell over when you were serving it to her, and you had the balls to call it different to her face! The spoon falling over is not a unique conclusion! Oh, and then best of all. You deliver the check with your little generic note telling me to be sure to check back to this hell hole soon so I can drain more money on sides for the main course that I finished a half hour ago! Shit, you could at least have told me it was a joke and the real desert is on its way. Fuck this! I have got to be dreaming right?"

Waiter: "Sir, I delivered on every front. It is not my fault that you have such poor taste. You must have wanted a happy dish? Perhaps I should have brought out a birthday hat and some kazoos, and we could have baked you a little baby cake with sparklers on it, and given you a kitten to take home. You just cannot accept the bittersweet perfection on your plate."

citizenkane.gif

I don't know how anyone could call any of the Mass Effect games the worst games they ever played. Holy hyperbole Batman.

I can't get over how hammy the scene with TIM is on the Citadel. Not necessarily the dialogue, but how Anderson is like awkwardly stuck there in place while TIM paces back and forth showmanlike as if he's Jim Carrey Riddler from Batman Forever. And the only way to convince him to break the Reaper's hold over himself leads him to shooting himself in the head.

COME ON

Moaradin

You couldn't be more WRONG.

Dresden

ME1 combat was more tactical, because you could really combine powers in a crazy way. Global cooldown killed that.

I'd be curious to see what classes people play and which combat systems they like. I bet Adepts/Engineers would lean towards ME1 while Soldiers would lean towards ME3.

Eh, I think the power classes are more fun than ever in ME3.

ME1 had all kinds of crazy weapon configurations to play around with, not to mention the opportunity for mix and match abilities. ME2 tried to make the classes more unique by giving them signature abilities, but it also cut down on the ability to experiment.

Vega is probably better than Jacob and Kaidan but still stupid because given how the squad size was shrunk he takes away a valuable spot from a potential alien character, or even an ME 2 character.

Top Bottom