• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Dilly

Banned
Should I stop worrying?

mass-effect-3-ending-beam.jpg

I remember thinking "AWESOME" when I saw that.

If I only knew.

dankir

Everything in ME2 was pointless. It was the worst game I've ever played.

Mediocre combat. No story whatsoever, pretty much no character development.

The only good it did was bring Grunt, Mordin and Thane. Legion is cool but you only have him for like 4 minutes so I don't count him.

You're given the option to blow up the Collector base or keep it because it contains Reaper technology. What does that decision ultimately do? Changes the planet that is behind TIM to blue or red, for a few seconds because it's back to it's normal state in ME3.

ZOMG. SO EPIC. THANKS BIOWARE.

So like.......are you going to buy the new ME3 DLC?

Is vega really that bad? I avoided him because he seemed like a moist dudebro and because he seemed pissed for the whole game after I told him his nickname was stupid. However, he seemed relatively sane in the parts you were forced to interact with him in and awesome in that exchange with Javik. By the end, I thought Javik was the dumbass meathead character all along.

Vega isn't all that bad as far as I'm concerned, the interactions with the other crew members are pretty cool. But if I stack him up against most of the other characters he isn't all that interesting either. So atleast for missions I would rather pick some of the other characters.

ME1 combat was more tactical, because you could really combine powers in a crazy way. Global cooldown killed that.

I'd be curious to see what classes people play and which combat systems they like. I bet Adepts/Engineers would lean towards ME1 while Soldiers would lean towards ME3.

That still is no excuse for the guns feeling like complete ass. I played ME2 as Soldier on Normal and ME3 as Sentinel on Insanity. Maybe it's the addition of rumble, reloading,the more powerful weapons, or even the hit markers. And then there is also the shoddy framerate to contend with.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I think it would've been cool if Kai Leng was replaced with indoctrinated Jacob or Miranda...or Husk Navigator Pressly. I shouldn't have to read a supplemental book to see where a character originated from.

Javik did undergo a solidly scripted evolution from antagonistic ass to agreeable sort. Cliche as it was, developing from declining Shep's handshakein the beginning to offering one in London (taken with Paragon prompt) was neat.

Derrick01

Banned

The only good it did was bring Grunt, Mordin and Thane. Legion is cool but you only have him for like 4 minutes so I don't count him.

You're given the option to blow up the Collector base or keep it because it contains Reaper technology. What does that decision ultimately do? Changes the planet that is behind TIM to blue or red, for a few seconds because it's back to it's normal state in ME3.

ZOMG. SO EPIC. THANKS BIOWARE.

Agreed. Except it's not one of the worst games I've ever played.

It's probably top 5 worst of this generation for me though. I know FF13 and DA2 are 1 and 2 but I haven't put much thought into the rest, because who wants to waste time coming up with a terrible game list?

Dilly

Banned
About Javik, the way Protheans looked like in ME1, they weren't the actual protheans? I really liked that design.

Dresden

Vega is probably better than Jacob and Kaidan but still stupid because given how the squad size was shrunk he takes away a valuable spot from a potential alien character, or even an ME 2 character.

Fuck, man.

I went to Sur'kesh and I thought Kirrahe was going to join there. But nooooooooo~

Jhoan

I actually liked Vega. Much more than I thought he was. His pissing contest with Garrus was gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSyAFlTjWo4

I liked Vega too a lot. That scene one-upping contest with Garrus was hilarious as was the one with Javik. Plus his chemistry with Cortez was as bromantic as Shepard and Garrus' relationship. It's probably because I know guys like him in real life so I really liked him as character.

Also not to mention that I'm Hispanic; people use the word loco like how people use the word dude in English. At least he wasn't written as another Boring Jacob spin off character. He was infinitely more fun and more interesting than Jacob ever was in both games.

Cheech

It's cool guys. We're all just entitled babies. Let's all just man up, close the thread and let it completley go.

Let me guess, your parents were the types who would call the school and complain because school was too challenging for you?

You have to grow up sometime, chief. Might as well start by not crying and not taking advantage of Amazon because of a problem YOU had with ME3's ending.

Derrick01

Banned
Let me guess, your parents were the types who would call the school and complain because school was too challenging for you?

You have to grow up sometime, chief. Might as well start by not crying and not taking advantage of Amazon because of a problem YOU had with ME3's ending.

Is it possible to take advantage of someone who is willingly offering?

mxgt

Banned

If I can get my money back for something I played through then I'm going to try and do it

Makes sense to me.

Tokubetsu

The one time I got to go home from school was because I shit my pants from diarrhea in the 2nd grade. I was back at school the next day ='(

Suggested alternate ME 3 squad list:

* Miranda (for mechanical reasons- apparently Bioware got rid of most of the ME 2 squad because many might have died so they didn't want to make new content that players might miss out on. Miranda is really hard to kill in ME 2 so like Tali and Garrus she could be included)

* Major Kirrahe

* Kal'Reegar

* Padok Wiks, Salarian pervert extraordinaire

* Kai Leng (replaces Vega- is comic relief character, plus it'd be interesting to see how melee works in a non-boss battle context, you get him if you kick his ass before he assassinates anyone)

* Kolyat Krios

* a Vorcha

* a Batarian

Edit: Tali, Garrus, Liara, and Virmire Survivor would still be team members. EDI would too but her body can get potentially blown up because I despise pandering.

LegoArmo

That still is no excuse for the guns feeling like complete ass. I played ME2 as Soldier on Normal and ME3 as Sentinel on Insanity. Maybe it's the addition of rumble, reloading,the more powerful weapons, or even the hit markers. And then there is also the shoddy framerate to contend with.

In 1 I felt like I was shooting some kind of laser guns, or whatever the future equivalent of bullets was. In 2 and 3 they just feel like guns from any other shooter game. I liked the combat in 1, you could use different tactics and plan assaults, the open environments helped and I definitely prefer each power having their own cool down to a global one.

Obviously there was countless other improvements to the combat in the sequels, but I felt it lost a little too.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...

* Miranda (for mechanical reasons- apparently Bioware got rid of most of the ME 2 squad because many might have died so they didn't want to make new content that players might miss out on. Miranda is really hard to kill in ME 2 so like Tali and Garrus she could be included)

* Major Kirrahe

* Kal'Reegar

* Kai Leng (replaces Vega- is comic relief character, plus it'd be interesting to see how melee works in a non-boss battle context, you get him if you kick his ass before he assassinates anyone)

* Kolyat Krios

* a Vorcha

* a Batarian

I want a hanar.

You don't play many games do you
jPGj6.gif
jPGj6.gif
jPGj6.gif

Patryn

Proper time for a Batarian was ME2. If you're recruiting members from the seedier side of the universe, that screams Batarian to me.

I want a hanar.

Blasto would be available on DLC but not in-game because it's just too jokey. However the DLC would also include his Elcor partner plus several new missions reenacting their adventures.

Proper time for a Batarian was ME2. If you're recruiting members from the seedier side of the universe, that screams Batarian to me.

A Batarian loosely working for human supremacist Cerberus vis-a-vis Shepard's squad would also add all sorts of interesting dimensions and interactions similar to the Tali/Legion thing.

Zomba13

I never know some people looked down on getting a refund for a product your not satisfied with.

It's kinda funny, people were all 'you don't like it then don't buy it or return it and don't give bioware any more business' now people are returning it they are all 'if you don't like it it's your problem and you should suck it up and keep the game'.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
About Javik, the way Protheans looked like in ME1, they weren't the actual protheans? I really liked that design.

Nope, they "explain" that away with Javik saying how Ilos was built upon ruins that were there beforehand, I forget what species it was that he mentioned.

Should have really been the first big hint really that Bioware can't plan a few steps ahead of what they are doing, as made obvious with a number of things that just don't make sense from ME1, and then theres the ending that was "finalised" in November.

Tokubetsu

* Major Kirrahe

* Kal'Reegar

* Kolyat Krios

* a Vorcha

* a Batarian

Edit: Tali, Garrus, Liara, and Virmire Survivor would still be team members. EDI would too but her body can get potentially blown up because I despise pandering.

Funny enough, Miranda is the only one that died for me on my main ME2 save.

Cheech

I never know some people looked down on getting a refund for a product your not satisfied with.

If you go to watch a movie, do you ever go to the desk and try to get a refund because you didn't like the ending? Come on now. This is just pathetic.

If the game was broken at launch like PS3 Skyrim, I would completely understand the outrage and people seeking refunds. Shit, I would do it myself.

It's kinda funny, people were all 'you don't like it then don't buy it or return it and don't give bioware any more business' now people are returning it they are all 'if you don't like it it's your problem and you should suck it up and keep the game'.

NOBODY said "keep the game". Craigslist that shit, trade it at Gamestop, whatever. Returning a game you've played in its entirety because you didn't like the ending is really shitty and dishonest.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
And now, I'm about to start my Renegade run. Not to enjoy it, but to DELIBERATELY KILL AND BE AN ASSHOLE TO EVERYONE POSSIBLE.

I hope I'll enjoy it.

Dresden

If you go to watch a movie, do you ever go to the desk and try to get a refund because you didn't like the ending? Come on now. This is just pathetic.

If the game was broken at launch like PS3 Skyrim, I would completely understand the outrage and people seeking refunds. Shit, I would do it myself.

If the theater was like, hey, get yo money back, I'd be like, ayup.

Shameless? Sure. But that money is going to buy me enough material for a Tali of my own.

ohJzD.jpg

Ugh, people don't want a happy unicorn ending, just one that doesn't shit on the 100+ hours they have put into the games.

There is no way the ending would be happy anyway. Possibly hundreds of millions of people are dead and most species home worlds are in ruin.
And that part would haev been the very basis for a proper sequel later ( About the reconstruction and the political struggle and confits now that everything must be rebuilt )

Sotha Sil

Vorchy the Vorcha would have been even better. Genetically engineered to be super-intelligent, but still afflicted by his species' speech impediment. Hilarity ensues.

Not a movie, but if I bought a video game and they were offering refunds for people not satisfied I would, I only wish I got this from Amazon.

And if movie theaters did allow refunds and I just came out of the Hangover 2, I would get my money back.

I don't actually do this or advocate doing this, but people totally do go to the counter and say they didn't like the movie to get a refund. In some cases they even get it.

mxgt

Banned

If they were offering to give me a refund, I'd take it.

Because why not? they're offering to give me my money back

Zomba13

NOBODY said "keep the game". Craigslist that shit, trade it at Gamestop, whatever. Returning a game you've played in its entirety because you didn't like the ending is really shitty and dishonest.

I dunno. I mean we were promised stuff that we didn't get. We were promised endings that would reflect our choices, 16 different endings etc etc which were all straight up lies. And not even lies from early development, lies from late last year and early this year. I'm pretty sure it's fine to want a refund when the product you bought wasn't as advertised.

Sorry I'm talking about my fanfiction remake of ME 3.

That reminds me if you bring Liara and Garrus along for the mission rescue Eve when you run across the yahg Garrus says there goes the next Shadow Broker at which Shepard replies maybe we should ask for help. Liara simply replies I hate you guys.

AlexBasch

Blasto would be available on DLC but not in-game because it's just too jokey. However the DLC would also include his Elcor partner plus several new missions reenacting their adventures.
If Bioware acknowledged Blasto in the ME universe (which made me endlessly happy), and somehow they sort their way out of the shitstorm they're in, they would win major respect from their customers by recognizing Marauder Shields in some way.

He just can't be ignored, he's a symbol now.

That reminds me if you bring Liara and Garrus along for the mission rescue Eve when you run across the yahg Garrus says there goes the next Shadow Broker at which Shepard replies maybe we should ask for help. Liara simply replies I hate you guys.
I brought Garrus and Vega for that mission, I'll be sure to bring Liara next time, haha.

Didn't Bioware create Blasto in ME 1?
Huh, apparently they did, I learned about him via the Machinima video, herp derp. :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I could actually see Kolyat being a DLC squad member. He'd fit well in the Life Support room which was suspiciously absent the entire game despite letting you enter.

squidyj

I'd pay money for a remastered Mass Effect with graphical upgrades from ME3 and the removal of elevators. And better shooting mechanics, BUT TOUCH NOTHING ELSE.

Tritroid

Yeah, sign me up as another indoctrination believer. If Bioware doesn't announce soon that there will be DLC plans to explain the ending, or even ADD a new branch following the red option...then the game was probably rushed and they ran out of time to get a proper ending in place.

Stumbled across this neat little indoctrination vid for the believers, it's not bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

Top Bottom