• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I mean, at this point I'm sure that whatever they do will piss someone off, either the people that are fine with it, or the rest who will leave just as dissatisfied with a new ending. We'd be in Spoiler OT 3 by then :p
I, too, don't think they need to change anything. By the time they release a whole separate ending, the game will be out for months or a whole year. People will not care by that point.

There will always be different options, so someone's bound to get annoyed by new changes. There will be an OT25 by that time.

K' Dash

very good, brother. just let them live in their ignorance and let us believers thrive!
Oh Bioware, we devotees are just counting the days till you show us 'The Truth' and punish the infidels. Take our bodies, souls and...our money of course.

dafuq are you talking man?

Omega

Banned
I'm sure EA isn't fine with this. Whether BioWare wants to ignore it all they want, they can't.

This has to have some long-term consequences. If they try to make other Mass Effect games/DLC, I wouldn't even touch it. Even if it was free. As much as I love the characters and the universe, to know how it all ends? There's just no desire left to play it.

I can't be the only one who feels this way so EA would be losing out on sales, and we all know the only thing EA cares about it money.

Cagey

Banned
See Mass Effect 3 is really the dying dream of Squall Leonhart in FFVIII.

So Squall lays in a coma at the end of Disc 1 in FF8.

In that coma, he dreams of some fantastical world-threatening crisis involving a future Sorceress who is actually the chick he's crushing on in the here-and-now, as she turns into a crazy deranged Sorceress.

In those dreams, he sometimes slips into dreamlike states where he inhabits the body of his father, Laguna Loire.

In Laguna's mind, Laguna falls off the cliff in Esther into the ocean. While in a coma-like state, he dreams up the story of Mass Effect.

Can we go any deeper?

hateradio

Can we go any deeper?
Guess what color is present.

KtZQu.jpg

Dresden

That is like, super levels of crazy. The real answer is Bioware was lazy and didn't think that the citadel (especially that part) wouldn't have human numbers/letters on its bits.

"Poison Solvers Using K2D

Try both the K2D and K2D sparse codes. Start with a low N, for example 7, and work your way up. If you put a number too large in for N, you may risk not being able to use your computer for a while—possibly a long while."

"Poison Solvers Using K2D9

(See p.292, problem 5)

Again, start with low values/initial values for N (7 is good), and work your way up (in increments of 10, or 5 once things slow a little). ""

---

N7

poison solvers

reapers = poison

n(7 is good)

n7 = jesus

"in increments of 10"

10 / 10 = 1

"in increments of 1"

thus with each installment of Mass Effect,

Jesus ala Shepard ala "n7"

solves

poison = Reapers

K' Dash

I'm sure EA isn't fine with this. Whether BioWare wants to ignore it all they want, they can't.

This has to have some long-term consequences. If they try to make other Mass Effect games/DLC, I wouldn't even touch it. Even if it was free. As much as I love the characters and the universe, to know how it all ends? There's just no desire left to play it.

I can't be the only one who feels this way so EA would be losing out on sales, and we all know the only thing EA cares about it money.

Dude, that's my avatar, I claimed it in the moment it was posted...

Zeliard

lol

Easily the best thing to come out of this whole controversy are the theories. The lengths that people will go to rework the ending into something that makes them less rage-filled is a sight to behold.

The colors red, green and blue, from an artistic point of view are also profound. They are the three prime colors, with which one can create any other color in the spectrum. Its just a matter of ratio. Different shades would be produced by the increase or decrease of brightness in the pigments. For instance, a 1:1 ratio (equal parts) of red and blue would create a "pure" purple, where as more red than blue would be maroon, and more blue than red would be lilac. Also, a 1:1:1 ratio of all three colors would create white as white is a combination of all colors. There I knew that art history class I took freshman year would come in useful for something.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
lol

Easily the best thing to come out of this whole controversy are the theories. The lengths that people will go to rework the ending into something that makes them less rage-filled is a sight to behold.

I like how he doesnt even put forward why this is important.

Zomba13

I think perhaps the thing I want to know most about the ending is why does the Catalyst greet you differently depending on things. Like he's either hostile and all 'Why are you here!?' or he's nice and all 'Wake up'.

Why have the dialouge change? Why? WHY!?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think perhaps the thing I want to know most about the ending is why does the Catalyst greet you differently depending on things. Like he's either hostile and all 'Why are you here!?' or he's nice and all 'Wake up'.

You'll have to ask the Wind Fish.

Someone seriously needs to convert that Animal House epilogue into bik video so PC players can replace the ending vids with that one.

inky

Just when I thought the indoctrination theory was gasping at straws, even crazier people come along.

I'm now a 1M1y

hateradio

Prime colors? Did they mean primary? Because those would be red, yellow, and blue, not green.

Because speculation.

Doesn't it have to do with the Geth/Quarians/Reputation/EMS/Sexual partner/Ratio?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Also I'm kinda sad they was no boss inside the Geth Consensus. I thought the Reaper would do something to keep me out.

Tritroid

Just when I thought the indoctrination theory was gasping at straws, even crazier people come along.
That 1M1 or 8M8 theory stuff is just weird, mostly trying to speculate dates or whatever.

The indoctrination theory is obvious!

Dresden

Also I'm kinda sad they was no boss inside the Geth Consensus. I thought the Reaper would do something to keep me out.

Apparently it was originally supposed to be a recreation of Rannoch, and you'd have hostile programs trying to keep you out. Then it turned into Tron with "puzzles."

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Prime colors? Did they mean primary? Because those would be red, yellow, and blue, not green.

Because speculation.

Doesn't it have to do with the Geth/Quarians/Reputation/EMS/Sexual partner/Ratio?

Aka the Golden Space Casper Ratio

hateradio

I ultimately thought that section was a waste of time. They could have just shown the history without the lame level.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Apparently it was supposed to be a recreation of Rannoch, originally, and you'd have hostile programs trying to keep you out.

I was ok with how it looked, but I wanted to Tron it up. With the Overlord boss music playing.

Achtius

I ultimately thought that section was a waste of time. They could have just shown the history without the lame level.

I thought it's a nice change of pace, I don't need to shoot stuff every minute.

But the dream sequence, we can do away with those

Zeliard

The concept of entering the Geth Consensus was neat enough though I can see why people would be bothered by the repetitiveness of blasting away at infected portions.

It did allow for more Legion, which is always a plus. Unless he died in your previous game and you had that makeshift Geth, lol.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Nah I like that they mixed it up but they didnt do enough with it. Especially since it sort of skimmed the surface of the whole tranhuman/AI theme with stuff we could infer from 2.

I'm also a fan of the Fade in DAO. I like when games mix it up. I just wish they had spent more resources on it.

Hero

Where did the Reapers come from? Why are the Reapers so important? Why do the Reapers get to decide everything?

The A.I. at the end is the answer to the Reaper question. To ask further questions is to dovetail into an infinite regress. You can keep asking "and who created THAT?" ad nauseum.

The biggest problem with the Catalyst isn't that he's a godlike A.I. - it's the silly and all-too-pat dialogue you have with him at the end. You don't get to ask any real pertinent questions outside of stuff the Reapers had already told you, and you don't get to point out the hilarious way in which the Catalyst's own existence contradicts his entire reasoning for the Reapers and the cycle.

The whole point of ME3 was that they were going to answer the questions to the Reapers. Instead of doing so in a logical, well-thought out manner they answered it with a bad literary trope that only caused even more questions.

But as to the second point of yours I agree. Shepard always questioned everyone throughout all the games and finally you're at the end and you just accept everything at face value. I don't buy it.

McNum

The best part of that was ending it with "Keelah sa'lai"
I don't know, Shepard's incredibly smug smile right after saying that was good, too "Keela sa'lai" (By which I mean "By the homeworld that I am standing on and you may or may not see in a few hours for yourself, if you aren't idiots." So, your call, are you idiots?) Really, all the Rannoch sequence needed was an opportunity to facepalm in the beginning. The animation is already in the game.

Also, apparently if you take Javik on both Tuchanka and Rannoch and have him along for both Reaper kills, he'll actually compliment Shepard and humanity as a whole on being so cunning warriors. Drunk Tali may have it right. He DOES like us.

Replaying the game is a little bittersweet, to be honest. On one had, the bulk of the game is still pretty good. On the other, I know how it ends.

Also damn this thread for making me laugh whenever I meet a Marauder in the game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Biggest letdown: When I got that mission from the Elcor ambassador and thought I was gonna have a land mission on Dekunna.

Oh the disappointment. I even had to go right back and talk to him since doing the Code of the Ancients sidequest already got me the thing I needed.

Also I still want my Rachni party member so I can spit acid at people.

Zeliard

There should have been a lot more philosophy of A.I. stuff in ME3, especially since that became such a dominant concept with the Geth and Quarians, and the Catalyst after that and his reasoning for the cycle. They only touched on it some in dialogue, and mostly towards the end.

What can change the nature of an A.I.? Better writing. :p

I did like Javik's staunch belief that every A.I. - and Joker - should be thrown out the airlock.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
There should have been a lot more philosophy of A.I. stuff in ME3, especially since that became such a dominant concept with the Geth and Quarians, and the Catalyst after that and his reasoning for the cycle. They only touched on it some in dialogue, and mostly towards the end.

What can change the nature of an A.I.? Better writing. :p

I did like Javik's staunch belief that every A.I. - and Joker - should be thrown out the airlock.

Javik is good cause his personality isnt warped by Shepard. He is a horrible, bigoted asshat. And I'm ok with that.

MC Safety

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the forthcoming downloadable content packs utilizes Eve's crystal (the one she gave to Shephard) to form the basis of a new ending of some kind.

Or maybe I would be surprised. I'm just speculating.

And I have no desire to revisit Mass Effect 3 or play any new downloadable scenarios, either. BioWare had its say. It shouldn't expect anyone to stick around for more after that six-car pileup of a conclusion.

dankir

Yeah, sign me up as another indoctrination believer. If Bioware doesn't announce soon that there will be DLC plans to explain the ending, or even ADD a new branch following the red option...then the game was probably rushed and they ran out of time to get a proper ending in place.

Stumbled across this neat little indoctrination vid for the believers, it's not bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

That was fucking great!

Top Bottom