• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

rdrr gnr

First of all, I liked the ending. I did my damnedest to avoid spoilers, but I had this sinking feeling it was going to be a cliff-hangar wait-for-the-DLC ending or something. Or trying to turn Mass Effect into a Dragon-Age prequel (I was, however, fully expecting space travel to go bye-bye). In reality, I was left with far more open questions than I'd like, but a better ending than Battlestar bothered with. I'm content.

The "logical" breakdown linked in the OP has a lot of problems too...some of which I'll comment on later. All in all, I'm happy with how the series ended.
WHAT AM I READING
I checked out when he said "In the now confirmed indoctrination theory".
Don't. He is referring to Bioware's initial plans for the ending via the app, not fan speculation.

Yeah. It's off-topic, so I wont mention it again, but I think 99.9% of GAF would vehemently disagree with his positions.

Most definitely. Every once in a while, you'll find a hardcore nerd gamer who subscribed to the Tea Party mindset.

His twitter username is @notaxation and he has that as an icon
That's why I said that. Why don't people have a personal twitter for their unfiltered bullshit and a more presentable one for conducting business and such?

What the fuck. I just finished the game and I don't even really understand if my ending was positive or not. I'm just sorry that I've been missing out on this thread till now, seems far more interesting the Revenge of Shit Mountain in SPACE!

rdrr gnr

What the fuck. I just finished the game and I don't even really understand if my ending was positive or not. I'm just sorry that I've been missing out on this thread till now, seems far more interesting the Revenge of Shit Mountain in SPACE!

Welcome,

1. Links in OP.
2. Marauder Shields
3. That feel

P.S. Hugs will cost you in this thread.

I'm pretty sure everyone who does a playthrough of ME3 will think something along these lines the first time they see the ending. An ending that jarringly bad deserves some sort of special achievement reward because it managed to take away discussion from the rest of ME3 which as it turned out was a pretty sweet game.

So Im listening to the pcgamer podcast about the whole controversy. So many errors in what theyre talking about with the ending and theyre still misconstruing the criticism and leaning totally on the happy ending argument. So frustrating. Cmon Gary, youre a screenwriter.

Of course, theyre using the petition as their strawman to argue against.

You know Im seeing a commonality between all these journalist. They all fucked up the Rannoch mission.

Edit: okay, props for them for actually calling out all the journalists calling everyone entitled.

rdrr gnr

So Im listening to the pcgamer podcast about the whole controversy. So many errors in what theyre talking about with the ending and theyre still misconstruing the criticism and leaning totally on the happy ending argument. So frustrating. CMon, Gary, youre a screenwriter.
Quite. His write-up was no better. I like Gary, but it doesn't make him right.

One of the things that kill me is that I really don't want to play through this game again. After that ending, I don't think I'll be buying any dlc either. Oh btw, I finished ME2 five times. ME2 one of the best games this generation.

Jack was a whiny, pathetic drunkard. What are you talking about.

Shit, my Shepard developed a real drinking problem during ME2. Every fucking time he was at Omega, he'd get drunk. Every time he visited Kasumi, he'd get drunk. Every time he was at the bar in Ilium, he'd get wasted and the matriarch would try to seduce him. Every time he visited the Dark Star Lounge, yep, you guessed it. He even downed a bottle of krogan Rincol. He got so drunk that Miranda refused to give him dat ass.

And then she's barely around in ME3. Time to get wasted at Purgatory, Shepard.

_woLf

So I just finished it.

What. The ACTUAL. FUCK.

How the fuck did Liara, who was in my Squad when we all got near-vaporized, get into the Normandy? Why the FUCK was Joker in FTL space? If Liara, Joker, and Javik (WTF?) were the only ones who stepped out of the ship, implying they make a new race? Even if true, why the hell were the people in the post-credits cutscene HUMAN? They'd be Asari, as that's how Asari repopulation works...

Jesus fucking christ, that was awful.

So I just finished it.

What. The ACTUAL. FUCK.

How the fuck did Liara, who was in my Squad when we all got near-vaporized, get into the Normandy? Why the FUCK was Joker in FTL space? If Liara, Joker, and Javik (WTF?) were the only ones who stepped out of the ship, implying they make a new race? Even if true, why the hell were the people in the post-credits cutscene HUMAN? They'd be Asari, as that's how Asari repopulation works...

You think you're mad now? Go watch the other endings.

Arjen

So I just finished it.

What. The ACTUAL. FUCK.

We're out of hugs, sorry. But we all know that feel.
Try to get some joy out of the memes, it eases the pain.

ace3skoot

on my second play through with my paragon import from ME3 and I'm pissed....apparently tali died in ME2 only I had literally know aknowledgement of this and consequently i couldn't save both the geth and the quarians! which i couldn't do on my first play through because I was renegading that shit :( so the the quarians are dead for the second time that sucks so bad.

also ashley>kaiden

By the way, someone here mentioned fighting Collectors would be pretty cool for MP, and I agree. And apparently, not all the Collectors appear to have been destroyed, too...

This is the Codex entry for the "Miracle at Palaven", which you get after completing the first quarian mission, apparently. I only read it for the first time yesterday.

The turian and krogan counterattack on Palaven combined deception, courage, and tenacity. First, the turians leaked a false battle plan that drew on the same tactics they used at beginning of the assault on Palaven. Then the dreadnought Indomitable faked a problem with its drive core, coming out of FTL near Palaven's moon, Menae. Three other dreadnoughts and their attendant fleets deployed to assist Indomitable, a tempting target that drew the Reaper capital ships away from Palaven. Turian troop transports then entered Palaven's atmosphere to release shuttles, gliders, and individual soldier capsules.The Reapers did not understand the seriousness of the threat at first--those that detected the landing crafts sent husks and Collector swarms to intercept them, but little more. This allowed krogan commandos to link up with Palaven's resistance and hand off their payloads--warp bombs and fission weapons.In simultaneous strikes across the globe, Reaper ships began to explode. Turian resistance members had managed to smuggle the bombs inside when the Reaper processing ships, troop transports, and even destroyers and capital ships had opened their structures to indoctrinated turian leaders.Large swaths of territory fell back into turian and krogan control. News of the victory gave a much-needed boost to the morale of the turian resistance and the galactic public.But the action was not without sacrifice. Turian insurgents gave their lives to ensure the explosives detonated, and the processing centers they destroyed were full of civilians who died just as surely as if they had been harvested. Of the dead, General Minin Resvirix said, "Whatever they were in life, their deaths had no equal. They are worthy of joining the spirit of Palaven itself."

I suppose they could mean Seeker swarms with that, but I guess it means that there are still some Collectors alive. Probably.

Prologue

If anything, the ending is cynical, not us. I loved the game, and the series whole-heartedly up until the very last few moments. If I'm cynical, the ending has made me that way.

Like that 40-minute analysis vid posted the other day noted, Bioware, with ME3's ending has turned most of us from

this Fry
fR2ZR.jpg

into this Fry
3TFXL.png

In regards to the future of the series (and the company itself).

What video?

I am starting to think we should be legally allowed to choose someone to nip down to Edmonton and slap whatever git is running their twitter feed :-

0iJK2.jpg

It is no longer "cute" or "mysterious" it is now just getting damn annoying.

Lime

Clarification incoming. Extra cutscene with squad members being picked up by Joker, while The Shepard discusses destruction of mass relays with Space Kid.

Book it.

I was reading on another forum that there was different ending planned written by Drew Kapyshan (spelling?) that had something to do with dark matter? It was apperantly hinted at during the quarian campaign in ME 2.

Also for those of you that read that thred when ME 3's story leaked I remember bioware saying they were changing the story because of the leak. Does anyome remember if those spoilers were a different story?

sTeLioSco

Banned
someone in gamefaqs posted that War Asset total is 7515 and the highest EMS without multiplayer is 3757.5.

which means multiplayer is required for the "best" ending........

but anyway

Clarification incoming. Extra cutscene with squad members being picked up by Joker, while The Shepard discusses destruction of mass relays with Space Kid.

Book it.

They're just going to put in the content that they should have the first time. We already know that they recorded Joker's lines about coming in to pick everyone up.

Derrick01

Banned
I was reading on another forum that there was different ending planned written by Drew Kapyshan (spelling?) that had something to do with dark matter? It was apperantly hinted at during the quarian campaign in ME 2.

Also for those of you that read that thred when ME 3's story leaked I remember bioware saying they were changing the story because of the leak. Does anyome remember if those spoilers were a different story?

Most of the spoilers in the very first leak, the one that got us hit by the C&D order, was either exactly the same or extremely similar to what we got. I remember telling people who wanted to know in PMs how ridiculous it was, but I happened to forget all about it until I finished and saw the endings. It made me remember my initial reaction to the leak which was basically "Shepard can become a reaper? Is this shit serious?"

Most of the spoilers in the very first leak, the one that got us hit by the C&D order, was either exactly the same or extremely similar to what we got. I remember telling people who wanted to know in PMs how ridiculous it was, but I happened to forget all about it until I finished and saw the endings. It made me remember my initial reaction to the leak which was basically "Shepard can become a reaper? Is this shit serious?"

I remember reading that and then saying a flat what

Top Bottom