• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Hartt951

Then the mods will come and ban us all and let the juniors flourish and grow and then 50k posts later ban them.
It must be done. Mods and regular members can never live in peace, moderators will always rebel against the moderated. I am Neo, I live here on the GAF. We are one in the same.

Haha, I was starting to think I was the only Paragon Shep that can't resist Renegade interrupts.

I heard the ending was linear so I was just like "F#$* it. I'm going to do what I want cause it's all going to be the same in the end." Kinda liberating. Even after I accidentally killed the quarians I didn't bother reloading the mission cause of the botched ending.

Dear BioWare,

Would it have been so hard to make the blue text, "Call off the Fleet" instead of "Rally the Fleet" ?

Dictated, not written, by the crippled corpse of Tali Vas Normandy.

Lime

This was just posted in the ME3 PC thread:

voFMX.png

Incredible.

Clott

The amount of entertainment that the Bioware forums have given me rival that of their recent games. That's saying a lot.

so, who else thinks the catalyst was a VI like Vigil/Vendetta and didn't have any actual control anymore?

Could be, but doesn't really matter. I mean it wouldn't even matter if the reapers are AI or VI.

It'd make sense either way I guess, since nothing you say to the reapers or the kid convinces them to change their opinion at all. VIs can't change their opinion, so maybe that'd be slightly less awful than "super advanced AIs can't see their circular logic is retarded".

I mashed RT to kill Udina.

Yes, yes! And punching that reporter for the third time was hilarious for me. Especialy since he barely let her say anything before punching her in the third game.

I have never played Kotor but they could do amazing things with dark side appeal of killing annoying people (but with a much bigger penalty, the renegade penalty you get for letting anger take over you is very minimal.

Tajin

Banned
This was just posted in the ME3 PC thread:

voFMX.png

Incredible.

Quality Assurance Division, :lol:

Why do none of these moderators treat their players with any respect? It's so simple to not be dicks.

"You get banned if you break our strict rules. No explanation needed. Locked."
vs
"Unfortunately, if Origin detects player modifications it may lead to a ban from the service. I'll pass along this information to see what can be done. Thanks for the feedback."

Assholes.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Banned from Origin for modifying single player. LOL. Just ban me now EA. I don't want your products.

teh_pwn

They are not banning for SP modifications. Only if you do anything that might compromise the MP balance.

What I don't care about MP, never play it, and I modify SP in a way that could compromise MP that I don't play...I cannot use Origin at all? Isn't Origin required for single player?

def sim

How can you modify single player content to affect multiplayer leaderboard and stats? You're coming off as someone who wants to get mad.

teh_pwn

They just haven't reached consensus yet.

Just like their writing.

How can you modify single player content to affect multiplayer leaderboard and stats? You're coming off as someone who wants to get mad.

How should I know? I don't play MP, and the post I responded to inferred the possibility. There's also an image of a mod saying the modifying SP directly would result in banning. If that's the case, I'm just not going to buy anything from EA or that requires Origin.

DTKT

Note that the guy saying that you get banned forusing SP mod is a QA grunt. The other is in charge of the MP.

Pick your poison.

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prohgapL54Q

This should be clear enough to say that this isn't the end of the game if you had a Perfect Renegade ending. Whether its indoctrination or not, clearly this is Shepard on Earth barely alive. Doesn't matter how he got there or why just yet, but we should wonder about if the actual canon "ending" to this game is when you have the Perfect Renegade ending. The opinion on this ending of the game was most likely expected to be received as controversial, since its the first I heard of a major game having the canon ending be the Renegade option. You'd think it'd be standard for all heroic stories to have good endings, maybe this time the Renegade option was the only logical choice?

Reapers aimed for the synthesis of organic and synthetic life, The Illusive man wanted to control the Reapers and all synthetic life, and Shepard always wanted to destroy the Reapers at all costs. Throughout the series, the tough choices that Shepard makes obviously are central to the story. What if this is a test for the player to see if he/she was conscious of their own actions throughout the entire play through of the series? To realize that the mission is to destroy the Reaper threat at all costs, and to do something otherwise is to give in the doctrine of the Reapers and/or the Illusive Man (who was also INDOCTRINATED).

This post is to only state what we know for sure, and does not support or disprove the indoctrination theory. However, it doesn't make sense for BioWare to include a teaser of Shepard barely alive (only seen from a Perfect Renegade ending mind you) and not have a future expansion for the people who choose what looks to be the only logically sound canon "ending" to this game. I suggest people just wait until BioWare speaks and make your final judgement on whether you want to continue this story or not.

No I was too busy fantasizing how, with dick in hand, I would gloat at people on message boards that didn't get it.

Really? You just finished it today and you are arguing that we are all misinformed? That's ballsy I'll give you that! Glad someone enjoyed the ending though, nice to hear a different view.

DTKT

Full circle.

Once again, back to the indoctrination theory. Shepard alive is a nice little nugget of info that means nothing. It's purely there so that people with a high War assets score will feel like it changed something.

Bioware is not committed to that ending. There is no ME4 and it's the end of Shepard story.

Stop grasping at straws. If we get anything that changes the ending(and there is no guarantee that we will), it will be purely because the fans asked for it. This was supposed to be the end of the trilogy and the end of Shepard. The DLC would have covered small gaps within ME3 story.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
God damn.

That is pretty awesome and scary. They really should have pushed the dream sequence more. It could have been really effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4pqg...layer_embedded
That's cool. The song for anyone who wants it.

http://minus.com/mbmjySXIYW

This post is to only state what we know for sure, and does not support or disprove the indoctrination theory. However, it doesn't make sense for BioWare to include a teaser of Shepard barely alive (only seen from a Perfect Renegade ending mind you) and not have a future expansion for the people who choose what looks to be the only logically sound canon "ending" to this game. I suggest people just wait until BioWare speaks and make your final judgement on whether you want to continue this story or not.
It doesn't mean anything to me other than being one of the results for the end.

Code:
enum EEndGameOption
 {
 EGO_ReapersDestroyedEarthDestroyed,
 EGO_ReapersDestroyedEarthDevastated,
 EGO_ReapersDestroyedEarthOk,
 EGO_ReapersDestroyedEarthOkShepardAlive,
 EGO_BecomeAReaperAndEarthDestroyedAndReapersLeave,
 EGO_BecomeAReaperAndEarthOkAndReapersLeave,
 EGO_HarmonyOfManAndMachine,
 EGO_Demo,
 EGO_None,
 EGO_MAX,
 }

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
Full circle.

Once again, back to the indoctrination theory. Shepard alive is a nice little nugget of info that means nothing. It's purely there so that people with a high War assets score will feel like it changed something.

Bioware is not committed to expand anything about that ending. There is no ME4 and it's the end of Shepard story.

Stop grasping at straws.

Don't see why BioWare would toy with leaving their franchise character alive just because they want to. Many video games have these secret endings that hint at the future of the story. Why is a barely alive Shepard teaser an exception? The Perfect Renegade option is the only sensible ending to the entire game, and the teaser can only be watched on that specific ending. If it was just some nugget to throw at fans, it would've been done for the other endings as well.

DTKT

Don't see why BioWare would toy with leaving their franchise character alive just because they want to. Many video games have these secret endings that hint at the future of the story. Why is a barely alive Shepard teaser an exception? The Perfect Renegade option is the only sensible ending to the entire game, and the teaser can only be watched on that specific ending. If it was just some nugget to throw at fans, it would've been done for the other endings as well.

Pretty sure the Synthesis ending is the "paragon" ending. They can do whatever the hell they want with Shepard because his story is over. You don't import him, you will never play as him again because his story is over.

That he is dead or alive is irrelevant outside of ME3. It's a nice little bone for people who played all 3 games. But it has no repercussions outside of your mind and whatever story you might imagine for him. I feel like everyone is overhyping whatever Bioware ends up releasing.
Prepare to be disappointed.

DTKT

Shepard is done, but clearly there will be new Mass Effect games.

Casey Hudson mentioned that he had no interest in expanding the universe after the end of ME3. Whatever we will get next will probably a Uncharted-esque game that has no ramifications outside of it's own story.

Or some kind of GoW TPS. Or FPS. Whatever EA wants I guess. And for the Relays? Space magic, you can't explain that.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
But how will they even work when all the mass relays are blown up?

They could easily do a prequel game, or even a game that takes place during the events of ME1-3. (Although that could prove challenging taking choices into account)

They could make a game where the main character is alien and have it take place at any point before humans arived on the scene, or even in a different cycle.

They could just make a game that features some new form of travel, or at the end of the dark age they find a catayst/reaper database explaining how to build a mass relay.

The Milky Way Galaxy is almost incomprehensibly large, I am sure they can squeeze a few video games out of it. They will just be very different than what we have had already, which is a good thing.

inky

But how will they even work when all the mass relays are blown up?

They are going to be pre Mass Effect 3 games, or at least during that period, but no post trilogy games. So, knowing Bioware and their unwavering campaign to piss off people and gain mass market sales, the next game will probably be some kind of AssCreed/GTA knock off that takes place mostly on Earth or some sterile space station and stars Kai Leng or some douche like him.

Omega

Banned
Casey Hudson mentioned that he had no interest in expanding the universe after the end of ME3. Whatever we will get next will probably a Uncharted-esque game that has no ramifications outside of it's own story.

Or some kind of GoW TPS. Or FPS. Whatever EA wants I guess. And for the Relays? Space magic, you can't explain that.

Is this for real? So you create this big fucking universe just to create a third person shooter and don't even do anything with it after 3 games?

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
Pretty sure the Synthesis ending is the "paragon" ending. They can do whatever the hell they want with Shepard because his story is finished. You don't import him, you will never play as him again because his story is over.

That he is dead or alive is irrelevant outside of ME3. It's a nice little bone for people who played all 3 games.

But the Synthesis ending falls in line with what the Reapers envisioned for all organic and synthetic life. In a sense, it may seem like a Utopian dreamy way to end the series, but for some reason it doesn't seem right especially since Shepard's eyes and the eyes of the crew members at at the very end look exactly like the Illusive Man's.

I don't know, I just remain skeptical of all the endings except the Perfect Renegade ending.

def sim

They can always hand off the project to someone else at Bioware. IIRC, the company is large enough to develop multiple games. Casey can go on something else while a new lead handles Mass Effect.

Top Bottom