• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
It's an apparent quote from Stanley Woo:

"If you wish to sum up the conclusion of a multi-part epic game series as "Red, Green, and Blue," then feel free to. But please don't then complain that the endings are oversimplified. You are the one who has slapped that label onto it, not us."
-Stanley Woo
Wha--?

Dear BioWare Employees,

Keep reaching for that rainbow.

Your friend,
hateradio

Melchiah

What color did you pick?
Green; synthesis
I would have picked the one, where Reapers were destroyed, but destroying the Geth & EDI as well would have gone against what I had done earlier.

How do you feel about the ending? Like/Dislike/Hate/Neutral (Indifferent)
HATE!
None of the choices along the road meant a damn thing.
No sense of closure whatsoever.
The way the story's threads were tied together was just laughably illogical. No explanation would have been better than a poor one.

Are you indoctrinated (believe in the theory)? Yes/No
No
A good ending leaves something for imagination, a bad ending demands an imaginary explanation.

In general will you buy ME3 DLC? Y/N
Probably not
Totally fed up with the franchise, not only for the ending, but due to the forced MP, bugs & glitches in the PS3 version, and the fact that so many little things were excluded from the PS3 players, as they hadn't been able to experience the 1st entry, some consequent scenes and conversations were stripped from the PS3 version.

Would you buy a revised interactive ending DLC? Y/N
Probably not
What has been seen, cannot been unseen. The damage is done.

Have you played previous ME games? Y/N
Yes
The only one that was available for the PS3.

In what order have you played the games? 1, 2, 3
2-3
And a little of the 1st on PC.

Favorite game in the trilogy?
ME3
But the ending left a sour taste in my mouth.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I don't know where the version of it with Mac's face is, but BioWare -- yes, yes, oversimplification of a whole organization -- has become this cat.

your_argument_may_be_valid_but_i__still_dont_give_a_fuck_trollcat.jpg

DTKT

Anyone has a direct link to that quote? With the amount of fake Bioware post in the last few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised that it's fake.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'd love for it to be real, but I'm calling it fake.

Yup. Two problems, Hes not "verified", and he has too few followers. While Stanley woo is generally a dick, I still imagine he would have more than 19 followers judging by any other bioware employee on twitter.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Anyone has a direct link to that quote? With the amount of fake Bioware post in the last few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised that it's fake.

IIRC, the quote from the BSN is real, I'm fairly certain I remember seeing it in a post in one of the BSN threads.

Twitter is 99% fake.

Replicant

It's amazing how Bioware manages to self-destruct themselves with these comments. Someone at EA need to hire them a good PR person who knows what not to say to the public.

inky

It's amazing how Bioware manages to self-destruct themselves with these comments. Someone at EA need to hire them a good PR person who knows what not to say to the public.

Not really hire anyone, just have someone sit the team down in the office and tell them to shut the fuck up until they get the story straight. It's obvious no one has done it because Bioware is pretty good at antagonizing people.

Not really hire anyone, just have someone sit the team down in the office and tell them to shut the fuck up until they get the story straight. It's obvious no one has done it because Bioware is pretty good at antagonizing people.

Just tell them to shut up.

I respect Mr. Woo, but he also admitted he didn't play the game to completion even though he "knows" about the ending. One user dared him to play the trilogy, see the end and then comment on it, and he just shrugged and said he'd come around eventually. Do what you want with your time Mr. Woo but don't judge our complaint until you play it yourself.

rozay

Banned
That stanley woo twitter is 100% fake hahaha. There are so many troll accounts with racist variations of his name on the BSN, people hate that guy.

SRG01

... Holy shit, that reminds me, I think I've met Stanley in real life. Or at least, I know him through a colleague.

Im shocked at how much Bioware has changed during this gen. They went from the darlings of the industry with ME1 to reviled and hated by the same fans by the end of this gen. Just amazing turn of events. Its startling to see such implosion on this scale and live as it happens.

l1lha.gif

Im shocked at how much Bioware has changed during this gen. They went from the darlings of the industry with ME1 to reviled and hated by the same fans by the end of this gen. Just amazing turn of events. Its startling to see such implosion on this scale and live as it happens.

l1lha.gif

Holy shit, lol

l1lha.gif

Is that for real?

and EA.

l1lha.gif

Miranda's ass.

Haunted

l1lha.gif
brilliant gif

Grymm

Banned
Isn't he just a community person?

He's also QA and testing.

During the DA2 release his forum sig was something very close to

"Moderator, QA, tester for Dragon Age 2"

But the people were like "SO YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS SHIT!!!" and he changed it pretty quick.

MechaX

Why would the Reapers need a vanguard that gives away the potential surpise attack that is coming? Why would that vanguard need to clone Krogans or take over the Geth when the unstoppable Reaper forces are coming to crush and process everything anyway? How could the Protheans have tricked the Keepers into ignoring the Reaper signal, and the Reapers having indoctrinated the Protheans not know about it? Why was the best option to give the signal a direct frontal assualt on the Citadel? How is Cerberus able to reverse 2 year old brain death without any side effects? Why would the Collectors be processing humans to make a Human-Reaper, when the Reapers are already going to do that anyway (overachievers)? How is the Crucible something the Reapers, who are somehow able to nearly wipe all evidence of their 50,000 year destruction of every race, missed? How come if there was evidence of the Protheans having battled the Reapers on Mars that was known about no one ever showed it to the Council? Why did the Citadel need to be at Earth when it wasn't needed for processing any other planet they were destroying?

Because it's a video game and the overall plot is just to move the game along. The story is more about Shepard and the actions you choose throughout the game.

Forget writing a cohesive plot, it's a video game! And it should be treated as ART because video games are ART!

Trey

Just tell them to shut up.

It wouldn't be as fun. You all would have nothing to talk about. It is evident from this thread that discussion of the rest of the game is beneath many people because in their minds it doesn't matter in the end.

So Bioware is keeping the discussion alive, in their own perverse way.

Tajin

Banned
I respect Mr. Woo, but he also admitted he didn't play the game to completion even though he "knows" about the ending. One user dared him to play the trilogy, see the end and then comment on it, and he just shrugged and said he'd come around eventually. Do what you want with your time Mr. Woo but don't judge our complaint until you play it yourself.

END OF LINE.

Top Bottom