• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
No one likes the ME3 ending. I don't even believe the people who say they do. It's like if someone says they hate oxygen. It's just silly; ignore them. They might come to their senses on their own.
People like it. They're the kind of people who don't want a Holywood ending where Shep is getting blowies as he kills.

I remember wanting to post that in mass deflect, but I didn't want to be a jerk. I just found it hilarious at the time. It was a good post. The what at the end just makes it all kinds of fun.

People like it. They're the kind of people who don't want a Holywood ending where Shep is getting blowies as he kills.

I remember wanting to post that in mass deflect, but I didn't want to be a jerk. I just found it hilarious at the time. It was a good post. The what at the end just makes it all kinds of fun.

It still amazes me that that thread reached 20k in just a couple of weeks.

Z3m2e.gif

Oh memories...

Epicus Failus

Neo Member
Gentlemen!

The Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut is a downloadable content pack that will expand upon the events at the end of Mass Effect 3. Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Extended Cut will include deeper insight to Commander Shepard’s journey based on player choices during the war against the Reapers. The Extended Cut will be available to download at no additional charge on June 26th on Xbox 360 and PC and PlayStation 3.

Also a vid!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y7xk1_x8ko&feature=player_embedded

Edit: sooo very close...

Just need to know if 4000-5000 EPS adds anything to the EC stuff (other than the 1-second Shepard-alive thing). Wish that were in the FAQ.

Does anyone magically know?

Joe Molotov

Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Extended Cut will include deeper insight to Commander Shepard's journey based on player choices during the war against the Reapers.

Can't wait to see how the color I picked effects the fate of the Universe in greater detail!

Bah, now my readiness rating or whatever it's called is back at 50%. Really can't be bothered to slog through multiplayer and run the iOS app loads of times just for a (probably) disappointing new ending.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Bah, now my readiness rating or whatever it's called is back at 50%. Really can't be bothered to slog through multiplayer and run the iOS app loads of times just for a (probably) disappointing new ending.

I think i read in the gaming thread that readiness wont be necessary anymore.

I think i read in the gaming thread that readiness wont be necessary anymore.

How so? Unless they're patching it out. The Readiness is directly tied to your endings outcome besides the space magic and decides who lives and dies unless the EC is just going to bypass all that. Have they said whether you need the online pass to download the Extended cut and if used game owners will be fucked yet again?

DTKT

Does anyone know if the Origin version of ME3 supports cloud saves? I just reformated and forgot to back up my saves.

Am I screwed? :|

Rufus

Does anyone know if the Origin version of ME3 supports cloud saves? I just reformated and forgot to back up my saves.

It does support them, but I think (could be wrong) you have to turn it on? I used them, anyway, but I'd have to re-install the game to check what it defaults to.

Bisnic

I did the same mistake about a month ago... basically lost my four ME1/ME2 saves too(2 males, 2 females, each paragon and renegade). =/

Had to replay ME1 and ME2 and i'm now at the Tuchanka mission of ME3 for my female paragon. Guess the ending DLC came right at the good time.

Don't think i will waste my time making a 2nd fresh ME1 Shepard though for Renegade decisions. I might just download a save instead. That is... if the ending DLC actually give decent results for past decisions you made.

Rufus

That is... if the ending DLC actually give decent results for past decisions you made.
Hahaha.

Unless you consider Dragon Age style epilogue slides decent you're not going to get anything of the sort. I'm not sure they'd be capable of it even if they had all the time and money they wanted, to be honest.

Bisnic

Hahaha.

Unless you consider Dragon Age style epilogue slides decent you're not going to get anything of the sort. I'm not sure they'd be capable of it even if they had all the time and money they wanted, to be honest.

By "decent", i mean shit like "Oh, you saved both Geths and Quarians? Here's what happened to them after the events on the Crucible".

I'm not expecting anything mindblowing, just normal stuff that should have been there since the beginning.

Lime

Check your Windows Restore Old Versions functions. Basically just right-click on your Documents\Bioware folder->Properties->Earlier Versions-> and select the last date you had the saves.

spekkeh

Banned
Which parts?

Well with ending I mean from the moment you enter the beam. I liked the music (obiously), the sudden macabreness/horror of inside the citadel, the sense of hopelesness and the fact that it's a real phyrric victory, and while TIM's scene made no sense narratively I at least liked the idea where you and Anderson got shot and went to (almost) die next to each other.

Bisnic

I'm replaying ME3 and im at the part with Ardat-Yakshi monastery. Stopped Samara from killing herself and was curious to see what happen if you dont so i checked on Youtube...

Shepard can even shoot Samara's daughter after her mother commited suicide and saw her sister blow herself up? Damn. Renegade Shepard in this game can such a cruel bastard/bitch with that, Wrex and Mordin's death.

Joe Molotov

I'm replaying ME3 and im at the part with Ardat-Yakshi monastery. Stopped Samara from killing herself and was curious to see what happen if you dont so i checked on Youtube...

Shepard can even shoot Samara's daughter after her mother commited suicide and saw her sister blow herself up? Damn. Renegade Shepard in this game can such a cruel bastard/bitch with that, Wrex and Mordin's death.

That's why I never go full renegade. I like being a badass, but some of the renegade stuff is just cruel.

How so? Unless they're patching it out. The Readiness is directly tied to your endings outcome besides the space magic and decides who lives and dies unless the EC is just going to bypass all that. Have they said whether you need the online pass to download the Extended cut and if used game owners will be fucked yet again?

It's free, and they mention you'll have to replay the last mission.

So...

That's why I never go full renegade. I like being a badass, but some of the renegade stuff is just cruel.

Depends on how you define full Renegade. My Renegade meter has been maxed out in all the games (well, I haven't gotten to ME3 yet), yet everyone's still alive. Except the Rachni queen. I felt badly about that....

I can't wait for the inevitable spin. I stuck to my guns and didn't buy the game. I borrowed it from the library and I'm not about to do that again just to replay that shit ending.

Like many people I'm just going to watch it on Youtube--that'll be enough for me. Of course, if the download numbers are low BioWare will point to that meaning that the majority of fans were OK with the original ending.

If the numbers are high, it will show unprecedented strength in the ME franchise.

Rufus

Well with ending I mean from the moment you enter the beam. I liked the music (obiously), the sudden macabreness/horror of inside the citadel, the sense of hopelesness and the fact that it's a real phyrric victory, and while TIM's scene made no sense narratively I at least liked the idea where you and Anderson got shot and went to (almost) die next to each other.
And then you 'ascend' and - sigh... It would have been a really good ending if you just died there and the Crucible did whatever it needed to do by itself.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
And then you 'ascend' and - sigh... It would have been a really good ending if you just died there and the Crucible did whatever it needed to do by itself.
Trying to explain The Reapers with some sort of motive was never going to make sense after presenting them as some dull relentless force for so long. I was really surprised to see them try.

Trying to explain The Reapers with some sort of motive was never going to make sense after presenting them as some dull relentless force for so long. I was really surprised to see them try.

Agreed, would have been nice if they just left the reapers origin/purpose shrouded in mystery. After talking to the reaper on Rannoch, I thought they would do just that, with all his Sovereign-like talk about being "unable to comprehend the magnitude of their presence."

Agreed, would have been nice if they just left the reapers origin/purpose shrouded in mystery. After talking to the reaper on Rannoch, I thought they would do just that, with all his Sovereign-like talk about being "unable to comprehend the magnitude of their presence."

Really? I felt the Rannoch Reaper kind of blatantly spelled out their purpose.

Really? I felt the Rannoch Reaper kind of blatantly spelled out their purpose.

Well of course it seems that way after you get to the end. At the time though, it felt like he was almost making fun of you (the whole cycle I guess).

"A philosophy reminiscent of the Quarians. Observe the results."

Sick burn.

spekkeh

Banned
No. It felt that way as I was at the scene.
Yeah me too, which is why I wasn't too bothered by what was indeed a really weak scene after you ascended the elevator to heaven. I was just thinking, why are they trying to explain the macguffin (the crucible) and doing it so poorly. The reapers cycle to me was already quite clear from the Rannoch Reaper.

Seeing all the vitriol directed at the reapers cycle with regard to the ending, I guess it probably has to do with the way you played it. I/my Shepard always saw the geth as a threat, so picked everything up that confirmed this bias.

Yeah me too, which is why I wasn't too bothered by what was indeed a really weak scene after you ascended the elevator to heaven. I was just thinking, why are they trying to explain the macguffin (the crucible) and doing it so poorly. The reapers cycle to me was already quite clear from the Rannoch Reaper.

Seeing all the vitriol directed at the reapers cycle with regard to the ending, I guess it probably has to do with the way you played it. I/my Shepard always saw the geth as a threat, so picked everything up that confirmed this bias.

I honestly felt like Rannoch Reaper was a cut Harbinger scene.

Yeah, it totally makes sense

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tonight I'll wrap up Lollipop Chainsaw, and be fully prepared to start Round 2 of Mass Effect 3. Gonna play through the whole game all over again with the new ending content. I'm thinking this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Bisnic

I can't wait for tuesday. No matter what Bioware did, no matter how good or bad it will be, it's going to be another shitstorm, just because people love to spit on that ending.

Moaradin

I actually look forward to playing the game again. Been wanting to do a new game + for a while now, but wanted to wait for the extended cut first.

Bisnic

That and it will be lolzy to see if they made it worse or if they salvaged it.

In my opinion, its gonna be neither. Having more details about what happen to our crew and/or people we met can't make it worse, but on the other hand they're sticking to the starchild-coming-out-of-nowhere crap, so it can't really be salvaged either. It's going to be better, but not enough.

If anything, they're never going to make something like that in their next games. They'll go with a safe ending like "The bad guy died with a bomb on its face, good guys are celebrating, the end."

Top Bottom