• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

McNum

I've been getting my second character into position, and she's ready to take on Cerberus HQ now. That's where to park her for the Extended Cut, as far as I know.

But refresh my memory here, to get the three second clip at the end of the Destroy ending, I need, is it 4000 modified points of military strength? That is IF I get the interrupts right in the final "battle". Which I will.

I suppose that means I have to play 16% worth of Galactic Readiness in MP to get that ending. At just over 6000 raw points now.

If anything, they're never going to make something like that in their next games. They'll go with a safe ending like "The bad guy died with a bomb on its face, good guys are celebrating, the end."
A bomb set by one of your followers so that it blows up a church. Then the celebrating good guy turns into a monster.

MechaX

Tonight I'll wrap up Lollipop Chainsaw, and be fully prepared to start Round 2 of Mass Effect 3. Gonna play through the whole game all over again with the new ending content. I'm thinking this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Friday, I was thinking about doing the same thing. Hell, even played about 3 or so hours on a new insanity playthrough. But at this point, I'm not even going to dedicate enough time for another playthrough. If the Extended Cut ends up too disappointing, I don't know how I would react after putting down another 30 hours into the game in a short weekend. And since I'm going out of town immediately after Tuesday, I don't want to risk being in a profoundly shitty mood because of Bioware.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Weird how any could've perceived Geth as a threat when in 3 at least giving them sentience was always presented as a paragon choice. I thought the game was very weird for making it so clear cut.

Friday, I was thinking about doing the same thing. Hell, even played about 3 or so hours on a new insanity playthrough. But at this point, I'm not even going to dedicate enough time for another playthrough. If the Extended Cut ends up too disappointing, I don't know how I would react after putting down another 30 hours into the game in a short weekend. And since I'm going out of town immediately after Tuesday, I don't want to risk being in a profoundly shitty mood because of Bioware.

I don't think it's possible to make the ending any worse than it is now since Bioware already ruled out the IT. I'm expecting lots of cookie cutter and generic cut scenes to help fill in the plot holes and future of the universe.

Admiral Hackett order Joker and the crew to get the fuck out of there, home worlds are rebuilding, Mass Relays are rebuilt, Shepards hinted at being alive, and we get a hint at a sequel to a new Mass Effect trilogy on next gen consoles.

I am kind of pissed off I have to replay the part of the game yet again since I don't remember the exact decisions I made and wouldn't want the outcome affected differently. My enjoyment of this franchise is so tainted already.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I don't think I'll replay, as the combat in that final two levels is just so bludgeoning. 3x the exact same enemies, 4x times, 5x times!!! Ugh. So grueling.

so which will come first

A) "Ludo-narratology is destroyed forever now that BioWare has needlessly explained their deep philosophical masterstroke to the unwashed plebs"

or

B) "We said that the regular ending was amazing, but this cut is even better and if a single person doesn't like it then they're stupid"

so which will come first

A) "Ludo-narratology is destroyed forever now that BioWare has needlessly explained their deep philosophical masterstroke to the unwashed plebs"

or

B) "We said that the regular ending was amazing, but this cut is even better and if a single person doesn't like it then they're stupid"

Are you seriously prepping yourself up to eFight?

DTKT

so which will come first

or

B sounds more likely. I mean, the EC doesn't change any of the current Red, Green or Blue endings. You'll still meet the Starchild, make an arbitrary choice that disregards most of the themes presented during the series. You'll just see some extra bit and pieces. What happens to the fleet after the Relays are deactivated. And probably a 2-3 seconds still of each rages/squadmate.

malfcn

No partnernet on this kind of stuff? Or is that only for MP? Other games have stuff (Gears3) leaked very early. But no peeps on this.

Anyone else expecting Bioware to be really heavy-handed with the EC? You know I'm gonna assume the cutscenes are gonna go like this:

"Joker: The Mass Relays are exploding!"

"Hackett: No, we're okay. No one was killed from the blast. Only the relays were destroyed."

Anyone else expecting Bioware to be really heavy-handed with the EC? You know I'm gonna assume the cutscenes are gonna go like this:

"Hackett: No, we're okay. No one was killed from the blast. Only the relays were destroyed."
Pretty much :|

More like

"Hackett: No, we're okay. No one was killed from the blast. Only the relays are damaged, yet they don't seem to be destroyed even though it looked like they exploded. They are definitely fixable and we wont be stranded here to starve to death"

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm off on tuesday. Score. I wonder what will come of this. They've kept it under tight wraps. My expectations are low, as they should be.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

That would remind me of a blog. I can't remember it, but it was basically the end explained by every character. Does anyone have the link?

It had EDI saying stuff like "according to my calculations" or something like that.

Lime

I wonder how the "Synthetics Kill Organics in order to not have Synthetics Kill Organics" will be logically explained. It'll probably be more "NO! YOU CAN'T!" from Space Kid.

Nevertheless I'm prepared for blatant exposition and lots of "tell, don't show" from Bioware: Ludonarrative Dissonance Inc.

Dilly

Banned
Looks like I can restart the mission when I just arrived back at the Citadel.

Glad I don't have to redo the Cerberus base.

Lime

Looks like I can restart the mission when I just arrived back at the Citadel.

Glad I don't have to redo the Cerberus base.

I imagine there's a lot of extra flags that need to be triggered by starting from the Cerberus base. If you start from the Autosave in the Citadel, I'd guess you'll either get a crash or the same ending you've always seen.

JerkShep

"Tell me another plot hole about THE ending"
"OH my swwwwweeeet. It's getting late but ok..one more plot hole"

Tomorrow will be a glorious day.

"Tell me another plot hole about THE ending"
"OH my swwwwweeeet. It's getting late but ok..one more plot hole"

Tomorrow will be a glorious day.

joker-laugh.gif

SO exited.

Pretty much :|

More like

"Hackett: No, we're okay. No one was killed from the blast. Only the relays are damaged, yet they don't seem to be destroyed even though it looked like they exploded. They are definitely fixable and we wont be stranded here to starve to death"

Aizen trolling style :

Since when where you under the impression that the relays were destroyed ?

*smirk*

Why am I cautiously optimistic about this? I can't help myself from getting excited but my brain is telling me that there's a very good chance that I'm going to disappointed. Again.

I guess it's the idea of getting just a little bit more info on these characters that I've grown to love over the years. And I guess that little bit of closure is better than none at all. I guess I'll see tomorrow.

JerkShep

Why am I cautiously optimistic about this? I can't help myself from getting excited but my brain is telling me that there's a very good chance that I'm going to disappointed. Again.

I guess it's the idea of getting just a little bit more info on these characters that I've grown to love over the years. And I guess that little bit of closure is better than none at all. I guess I'll see tomorrow.

Or maybe you are....indoctrinated.

Trigger

In another thread someone made an analogy with Persona 4 that getting a re-release on the Vita is like getting an old band back together to go on tour. I feel it applies to Mass Effect as well. No this won't change the base game dramatically, but I do miss the characters, the universe, etc. I haven't played the game since March.

Is there an ETA btw? Or just "tomorrow"?

No one really knows, if past history is anything to go by it will be the Xbox 360 getting it first, then it will appear on Origin a lil later and PS3 users in NA will probably have to wait till closer to the 27th before it hits (PS3 users in Europe will have to wait till the 4th July).

Now I don't own an xbox but from what I can tell they do content updates at 2am Pacific Time. So a safe bet for it appearing on XBL is probably 2am Pacific Time on 26th June.

Mike Gamble just tweeted these two snippets that people might be interested in :-

Mike Gamble said:
PC We are aiming to have it up before noon MST on Origin.

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/217334436650426368

and some info on the changes to the EMS :-

Mike Gamble said:
Also - If you replay (as suggested) from before the attack on Cerberus Base, I believe the required EMS is ~3100 to see all scenes.

and

Mike Gamble said:
If you are looking strictly at assets, youve gotta have 6200 then...at 50% GR = 3100 EMS

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/217336598075944961

The million dollar question is: if I havent' touched the game in months, is EA going to make me play multiplayer to get my EMS back up to complete the game with the "best" ending, or is that locked in after completing the Cerberus base?

Yea, i was hoping that it would hold value at a certain point, but thanks to EA's Free-To-Play model and rapidly diminishing EMS, i'm sure that I'll have to get back on the grind if I actually want to see the scenes myself - and not just use youtube.

OK, I wasn't clear. 3,100 EMS is entirely achievable with a nice single-player playthrough. So 6,200 war assets + the minimum (50%, no multiplayer) galactic readiness = enough for all scenes. So no multiplayer needed based on these latest tweets.

Also, in the original ending, 3,100 EMS was enough for everything except a 1-second addition which was definitely not worth it if you don't like MP.

OK, I wasn't clear. 3,100 EMS is entirely achievable with a nice single-player playthrough. So 3,100 war assets + the minimum (50%, no multiplayer) galactic readiness = enough for all scenes. So no multiplayer needed based on these latest tweets.

Also, in the original ending, 3,100 EMS was enough for everything except a 1-second addition which was definitely not worth it if you don't like MP.

Beautiful. The multiplayer is ok, grinding to buy packs doesn't really do it for me, so this is welcome news.

The million dollar question is: if I havent' touched the game in months, is EA going to make me play multiplayer to get my EMS back up to complete the game with the "best" ending, or is that locked in after completing the Cerberus base?

It's not locked. It drops if you don't consistently play multiplayer matches. Your Galactic Readiness is probably back down to 50% so whatever EMS you had around the Cerberus strike is chopped in half.

So if you have less than 6200 EMS, your probably gonna have to play multiplayer again or if your playing the PC version, you can edit the coal file.

They should've just scrapped the Galactic Readiness altogether and just let everyone play normally. Nobody gives a shit about their iOS or Facebook gimmicks anymore and the multiplayer hype has passed.

Top Bottom