• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

GenericUser

alright, finished despite saying otherwise. average shooter imo and a fine example that high production values do not guarantee an exceptional product.

So I got home and fond this ;)

photo19-05-12182633wse23.jpg

photo19-05-12182645lpinh.jpg

more pix soon :D

still no game though :(.

soultron

Banned
Here's my stats after completing Medium and up to Chapter X on Hard:

TIME PLAYED: 13:58:43
DEATHS: 92
HEADSHOTS: 904
BULLETS FIRED: 21753
KILLS IN BULLET TIME: 1253
KILLS WHILE BLIND FIRING: 90
KILLS WHILE SHOOT DODGING: 294
KILLS WHILE CROUCHING: 18
KILLS WHILE ON BACK: 7
DUAL WIELD: 97
DISTANCE TRAVELED: 45,860 M.
LAST STANDS SURVIVED: 96
TIME SPENT IN COVER: 02:46:05.393
TIME SPENT PRONE: 08:46.766
TIMES DIED WHILE PRONE: 5

Thought my SD kills would be a lot higher than they actually are. EDIT: Stats on the Social Club might be a bit borked/late to update. I've collected a few more golden guns and they're not showing in my profile.

Arcteryx

Heh, playing with Rockstar devs in the multiplayer event right now.

WHERE DAT NEOGANG AT?

Is it softlock only? That's what the Social Club chat watching the stream is saying :(

edit: OH HHOHOHO finally beat that section I was having trouble with last night.
23ma42w.jpgu6ujz.gif

and it didn't freeze again either(crosses fingers)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Man the soundtrack is so incredible. I can't believe how damn good it is <3

I just escaped the
strip club
and man is this game intense. I'm starting to get a good grasp on how to move Max in battle. It's really just a balance of constant movement and cover. Once I started shoot dodging and then rolling into cover has been a ton of fun and kept me alive.

Great game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm not done yet but here's my stats so far(started on Hard):

CHAPTERS COMPLETE: 13/17
TIME PLAYED: 06:01:52
DEATHS: 79
HEADSHOTS: 390
BULLETS FIRED: 6672
KILLS IN BULLET TIME: 359
KILLS WHILE BLIND FIRING: 38
KILLS WHILE SHOOT DODGING: 110
KILLS WHILE CROUCHING: 0
KILLS WHILE ON BACK: 12
DUAL WIELD: 7
DISTANCE TRAVELED: 17,887 M.
LAST STANDS SURVIVED: 100
TIME SPENT IN COVER: 01:17:03.437
TIME SPENT PRONE: 08:31.864
TIMES DIED WHILE PRONE: 0

Grisby

Beat it. The ending is eh, alright I guess. I was hoping for something more substantial given all the time they put into cutscenes. The middle chapters were the best parts for me. They definitely felt better paced. The gameplay was mostly fun which matters the most despite the drastic artistic differences between this and previous Max Payne's.

The "Tears" part would have been neat too had I not had to replay it a couple of times.

I'll have more to say later after it digests a bit.

The hell is "Incompatible Data?" Forreal, mang. Every time I think I've seen all the possible matchmaking glitches, a new game comes along with "Incompatible Data."

bryanee

The hell is "Incompatible Data?" Forreal, mang. Every time I think I've seen all the possible matchmaking glitches, a new game comes along with "Incompatible Data."

A few friends and I were all getting that last night. Annoyed the crap out of me. No idea what it is.

On chapter 12. Gonna finish it up today and then go back and get some of the easy achievements. I have all the multiplayer achievements but two.

On chapter 12. Gonna finish it up today and then go back and get some of the easy achievements. I have all the multiplayer achievements but two.

Let me know if you get "Hundred Bullets Behind", using every weapon. Assuming the weapons usable are the gold ones, Ive used every single one but the normal RPG. Cant find it anywhere.

Okay I just had a bug in multiplayer. During two quick matches of LARGE TEAM DEATHMATCH, I shot people and their health went down but I couldn't kill them, even if I melee-killed them. Also, I couldn't die. o_O

Let me know if you get "Hundred Bullets Behind", using every weapon. Assuming the weapons usable are the gold ones, Ive used every single one but the normal RPG. Cant find it anywhere.

Oh haha was just playing Max Payne 1 and that line came up: "Collecting evidence had gotten old a few hundred bullets back."

Okay I just had a bug in multiplayer. During two quick matches of LARGE TEAM DEATHMATCH, I shot people and their health went down but I couldn't kill them, even if I melee-killed them. Also, I couldn't die. o_O

This might be occurring when people disconnect from the match.

As for you not dying....YOU A BEAST!

"Fuck off with the fucking wisecracks. Really. I'm not in the mood."

I love hungover salty Max.

And that expression he makes after when Passos tells him to get ready to go to Brancos' office. Love that wrinkled dont-give-a-shit-how-it-looks suit in Chapter 6 too.

"Fuck off with the fucking wisecracks. Really. I'm not in the mood."

I love hungover salty Max.

And that expression he makes after when Passos tells him to get ready to go to Brancos' office. Love that wrinkled dont-give-a-shit-how-it-looks suit in Chapter 6 too.

Yeah, I loved that scene when Passos tries to be a wise-ass with a Max that just woke up from a terrible hangover. :D

Haha. Yeah, I noticed that too and was all, "Damn, Max, handle your shit, please."

When you think about it, it makes sense:
This is the point of his personal rock bottom and it shows in his appearance to nth degree. Its the Rock Bottom chapter, because the sobriety decision and headshaving is what directly follows.

Playing for a few hours and the game is great and exactly what I want when I think of a Max Payne game. But goodamnit the scenes direction it's one of the worst I saw in a long time. What's with those shitty filters and camera? Awful, I wish they just went to the still comic cutscenes.

Top Bottom